• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So just watched all cutscenes for the End of Zoe DLC... what a steaming pile of crap.

The same thing I've been doing... and I thought RE5/6 Chris was the "manliest" character in the series, but after watching an hour or so of this Chuck Norris simulator, I might have to reconsider. :neutral:

I'm glad Zoe lives, though. She's the only interesting character in the game.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The same thing I've been doing... and I thought RE5/6 Chris was the "manliest" character in the series, but after watching an hour or so of this Chuck Norris simulator, I might have to reconsider. :neutral:

I'm glad Zoe lives, though. She's the only interesting character in the game.

What has me tickled is how everyone is against bringing Jake back because he would be fighting monsters with his bare hands at times and would “make the game less scary” but then you literally have hillbilly Joe beating on the BOWs with his fists and twisting their heads off.

I’m glad she lives too but am annoyed that she was unconscious the entire time.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That doesn't get any better in Chris's scenario, unfortunately. By now I wonder if this entire game is actively trying to not give me a reason to buy it. Not that I was considering it, anyway, but I was still interested in Not A Hero, watched a playthrough today, and ended up disappointed despite not even expecting much.

This DLC was hyped like nothing else, even postponed at one point because the developers weren't satisfied with its quality, but having just seen the finished product, I really wonder what took them so long to make... that. It's especially lacking in the story department because
there basically isn't one. Anyone who was hoping for more insight into Chris's character, his decision to work for Umbrella, and what exactly makes him "not a hero", will have to make do with a throwaway line early in gameplay about him not fully trusting this new Umbrella yet, and that's it. Instead of further exploring this interesting storyline, we get the umpteenth retelling of "Chris loses all his men and tracks down the one who killed them", with "the one" being Lucas of course, and we don't even learn anything new about him except the name of the organisation he's apparently working for (unless that was already known before, I don't remember). If you replaced the player character with anyone other than Chris, it would hardly make a difference.
The underground location is nice, though.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Playing the old RE games up to CVX made me think of something that might be silly. What does the characters do with all the weapons they picked up after they survive?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Playing the old RE games up to CVX made me think of something that might be silly. What does the characters do with all the weapons they picked up after they survive?

I think they pawn them off. The recurring protagonists of the series never think to keep anything but a sidearm and a few rounds between games.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That doesn't get any better in Chris's scenario, unfortunately. By now I wonder if this entire game is actively trying to not give me a reason to buy it. Not that I was considering it, anyway, but I was still interested in Not A Hero, watched a playthrough today, and ended up disappointed despite not even expecting much.

This DLC was hyped like nothing else, even postponed at one point because the developers weren't satisfied with its quality, but having just seen the finished product, I really wonder what took them so long to make... that. It's especially lacking in the story department because
there basically isn't one. Anyone who was hoping for more insight into Chris's character, his decision to work for Umbrella, and what exactly makes him "not a hero", will have to make do with a throwaway line early in gameplay about him not fully trusting this new Umbrella yet, and that's it. Instead of further exploring this interesting storyline, we get the umpteenth retelling of "Chris loses all his men and tracks down the one who killed them", with "the one" being Lucas of course, and we don't even learn anything new about him except the name of the organisation he's apparently working for (unless that was already known before, I don't remember). If you replaced the player character with anyone other than Chris, it would hardly make a difference.
The underground location is nice, though.

Yeah I watched the gameplay on Not a Hero too and was not impressed with the story either. I’m gonna go ahead and be one of those fans, because I was really trying to give the new look/voice of Chris a chance, but it just didn’t measure up to Roger Craig Smith’s Chris. Looks are one thing (which still annoys me because Chris’ face was super adorable in 5 and 6) but the voice is what bothers me the most about the changes to Chris. He tries too hard to make his voice deep and, just as I suspected, based on the interview with the voice actor who plays Chris in RE7, they really made his character bland as they disregarded everything that has been established for the character thus far. RE6 really brought out a more flawed, human and RE7 strips that away for the sake of making him a “badass”.

I’m still gonna play through it though and currently waiting for it to download. The game play and level design did look good.

I can’t remember from the walkthroughs I watched, but I’m starting to think it strange how Lucas seems to know Chris, almost as though he’s been warned by whoever he’s emailing data to.... hmmmmm...

Last edited:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I think they pawn them off. The recurring protagonists of the series never think to keep anything but a sidearm and a few rounds between games.
Yep, they pawn them all off to the merchant. That's why he has so many weapons for sale :biggrin:

BioLence

Yeah I watched the gameplay on Not a Hero too and was not impressed with the story either. I’m gonna go ahead and be one of those fans, because I was really trying to give the new look/voice of Chris a chance, but it just didn’t measure up to Roger Craig Smith’s Chris. Looks are one thing (which still annoys me because Chris’ face was super adorable in 5 and 6) but the voice is what bothers me the most about the changes to Chris. He tries too hard to make his voice deep and, just as I suspected, based on the interview with the voice actor who plays Chris in RE7, they really made his character bland as they disregarded everything that has been established for the character thus far. RE6 really brought out a more flawed, human and RE7 strips that away for the sake of making him a “badass”.

I’m still gonna play through it though and currently waiting for it to download. The game play and level design did look good.

I can’t remember from the walkthroughs I watched, but I’m starting to think it strange how Lucas seems to know Chris, almost as though he’s been warned by whoever he’s emailing data to.... hmmmmm...

I can´t play it because my ps4 is not working but i´ve been reading and some people seem to like this Chris more because hes behavior and over all capacities are more grounded in reality instead of the roided one from RE5 & 6 and while that make sense, the fact that they completely changed the character´s look and voice is a little ¨What the heck man¨...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I can´t play it because my ps4 is not working but i´ve been reading and some people seem to like this Chris more because hes behavior and over all capacities are more grounded in reality instead of the roided one from RE5 & 6 and while that make sense, the fact that they completely changed the character´s look and voice is a little ¨What the heck man¨...

I can see that especially given the mission he’s on in this game. I wasn’t expecting him to have meltdowns, but something a little more. My feelings about his voice sounding awkwardly deep still stand. There were times where it just seemed like he was trying too hard. I would have been happier if they at least went with the actor for Vendetta.

BioLence

I can see that especially given the mission he’s on in this game. I wasn’t expecting him to have meltdowns, but something a little more. My feelings about his voice sounding awkwardly deep still stand. There were times where it just seemed like he was trying too hard. I would have been happier if they at least went with the actor for Vendetta.

Yeah, Vendeta´s voice would have been better. It happened first with Claire when they changed her look and voice in REV2 and now Chris...It´s almost like Capcom made this transition to get rid of the former voice actors so they won´t have to spend that much money on the Vets, i assume their pay checks grow bigger the more popular they get?. I believe i read earlier this year that they made a mistake when capturing the new actors face or something like that and something about the voice 2 but i don´t remember quite well right now. They where basicly justifying the drastic change or something, i don´t buy it. Same thing when they screwed some of the BGM tracks in the REmake remaster, they said it was a mistake...BULL...They did it on purpose just to F with people that might get ****ed because of it, and i was one of those people :mad:, it did ****ed me off. I just don´t believe they´ll make such an amateur mistake, no way.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
My main complaint of the two DLC missions is that I find them too short. Especially Not a Hero. Shouldn't be as long as the main game, but I think there should have been a little more.

And yeah, Chris does look weird compared to his previous models, but Jill's current model from Revelations and ORC is still the worst looking character model, imo. I'm practically welcoming a model change for whenever they decide to bring her back to the spotlight.

BioLence

My main complaint of the two DLC missions is that I find them too short. Especially Not a Hero. Shouldn't be as long as the main game, but I think there should have been a little more.

And yeah, Chris does look weird compared to his previous models, but Jill's current model from Revelations and ORC is still the worst looking character model, imo. I'm practically welcoming a model change for whenever they decide to bring her back to the spotlight.

How long was it, 2 hours each?

Turo602

The King of Kings

That's a dumb reason for anyone to pretend this Chris is better or even a return to form considering his personality and physical appearance do not resemble the character at all. He's just bland now. Besides, despite not being 'roided here, they still have him punching and stomping enemies like he's an action hero. I don't see how that's "grounded." People are just idiots and like to dismiss RE5 Chris because he was buff and the games were over the top, without taking into consideration the actual character that was portrayed.

I mean, he was never such a deep character. He was always the serious head in the game kind of guy, but there was still something there that made him unique and not just a generic soldier. He always spoke with a kindness in his voice, but he was still very motivated by emotion, something Roger Craig Smith was great at bringing out. This guy on the other hand just sounds like he's forcing his voice to be deep, and comes off really uninspired and dry.

BioLence

Yeah, about that much. I also tend to die a lot, so that added to my time too.

Yes
That's a dumb reason for anyone to pretend this Chris is better or even a return to form considering his personality and physical appearance do not resemble the character at all. He's just bland now. Besides, despite not being 'roided here, they still have him punching and stomping enemies like he's an action hero. I don't see how that's "grounded." People are just idiots and like to dismiss RE5 Chris because he was buff and the games were over the top, without taking into consideration the actual character that was portrayed.

I mean, he was never such a deep character. He was always the serious head in the game kind of guy, but there was still something there that made him unique and not just a generic soldier. He always spoke with a kindness in his voice, but he was still very motivated by emotion, something Roger Craig Smith was great at bringing out. This guy on the other hand just sounds like he's forcing his voice to be deep, and comes off really uninspired and dry.

Yes, agreed. Is just seeing the whole new Chris and Claire and you just feel like ¨who are this people?¨ you know xD

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I only did Not A Hero DLC and I'll be doing End of Zoe sometime in the next couple of days. I found the gameplay and concept of "Not A Hero" to be good for the most part minus a few parts of it. I'm really miffed that it doesn't answer any of my questions and that title was more of a marketing stint. Though I totally called it that it was really Chris and he was just going after Lucas. I'm just really dispointed that
we never find out who Lucas contacting or who the connection was.
There isn't even a cliffhanger. The ending was just a rinse and repeat to Chris's ending in RE6 where he's just called to prepare for "the next mission". That actually ****ed me off. Making this sound just like a standard mission. Which it kind of was but Lucas did a lot to Chris than I was expecting and was not a foe to mess with. Once again
Chris lost his whole damn team with no survivors but himself.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well it’s not really Chris’ team in RE7, but a bunch of Umbrella leftovers who he couldn’t save.

Which did anyone else think it weird and annoying how the one tied up Umbrella soldier didn’t think to warn Chris that it was a trap until after Chris goes in the cell to try and save him? He just says that Chris ‘fell for it’ rather than telling him to get out of there because it was a trap. Makes me speculate.

But yes, the point is that Capcom continues to rehash the stories for all of their characters and give them similar scenarios with little to no progression. It’s like they want to make us think that there isn’t anything left for the past characters- rather than taking the time to create different scenarios for them and move the story forward.

I also think it is ridiculous how they threw in that letter explaining why Umbrella would even keep their name- as though that should justify things. The reasoning behind Umbrella choosing to keep their name is unjustifiable because this is a corporation founded upon an evil and corrupt foundation.

I can’t even bring myself to play through Zoe’s dlc. The whole thing is too damn dumb... It’s hard not to feel like RE7 is one big slap to the face. Just one more mission in the books for ‘Redfield’ as everything leads to nothing.

Last edited:

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
The Biohazard (JP) twitter page has been updated with a new cover image suggesting a new game and Resident Evil facebook and twitter updated with a new red logo.

Resident Evil 2 Remake to be announced on the anniversary? I think so :3

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
The Biohazard (JP) twitter page has been updated with a new cover image suggesting a new game and Resident Evil facebook and twitter updated with a new red logo.

That'd be great :D

With any luck Capcom will do what Square Enix are planning to with the new TR game. Drop a trailer then release the game shortly after. We have waited long enough after all. Or maybe I'm just too impatient :p

BioLence

That'd be great :D

With any luck Capcom will do what Square Enix are planning to with the new TR game. Drop a trailer then release the game shortly after. We have waited long enough after all. Or maybe I'm just too impatient :p

Sweet!. I wonder if they´ll tease some footage of the new remade intro or some gameplay. Oh the suspense!
gwwD5xeg_400x400.jpg

Top Bottom