• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

HookerZombie

The 1990 remake of NotLD was great and it's too bad that Tom Savini didn't like it. I guess it's because he wasn't allowed to make it as violent as he originally wanted.

I loved how Barbara was changed from a damsel in distress from the original film into a strong and capable survivor. She was the only one who lived in the end basically because she quit panicking and wasn't being irrational like the other characters.

Reactions: JHJ

BioLence

On the subject of that, the 1990 remake of Night isn't half bad.
I could be wrong, but I think it's the directorial debut of Tom Savini, famous for his special effects in Dawn and Day.

You are correct sir. In fact, Savini had a lot of things planned for this remake that never made it to the final cut. He clashed with the producers because of this. He said filming the remake was a nightmare for him, pretty stressful. This is my favorite zombie film, mainly because it was the first one i ever saw, therefor, the impact it had on me was huge. I was 8 years old when i saw it. I had taquicardia for 2 days, i cound't sleep. I was in the same state as Barbara was in the original 1968. This movie is a masterpiece for me. The ending of this movie is priceless. It gives you the message that the living are not that different from the undead, probably even worst. The music at the end....so sick.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm half annoyed and half amused. I'm getting the platinum for Remake and I thought I'd group together a no save run with a speed run. Everything was going great, I got very close to the end... then Lisa Trevor pushed me off the edge of the platform.

Fml. :lol:

Kadar

I think the resident Evil is stuck, so create new very strange monsters. I would like to play a game where there is more logic and scientific basis.
Anyone know where I can buy items for my car? I've been playing Rocket League for 3 years and I think it's a very good example of how the game should evolve. There are new items, buy accelerator crate rocket league, new bodies, crates and new maps for RL, I highly recommend
https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

So Chris is a badass...

David seems like a decent guy but I have an issue with this being the only perspective of Chris Redfield that he and the director have. We've all seen that there is more to Chris than just being a badass especially in RE6. But I digress and will wait to see how Not a Hero plays out.

BioLence

Apparently, a seemenly reliable source said that RE2make is going to be a 3rd person game. Now it doesn´t specify if it´s OTS or Fixed Camera.

OTS is obviously 3rd person but Fixed camera is essentially 3rd person. When this leaks turn out to be actual legit leaks, i believe sometimes is leaked on purpose by the devs themselves just to F with people´s minds, specially when it comes to this game, and get people talking...I really hope this Hirabayashi dude doesn´t screw this game man.

BioLence

Just a little info someone told me a while ago regarding 1.5. I´m really excited. Anyone who loves the 1st formula should be excited. You´ll be able to play it on both PSX and PC.

Then perhaps you'd like to know that the team is using the exact same software (ancient versions and all) that the original Capcom Japan development team used to remake those backgrounds that needed to be remade (to keep everything consistent in look and feel). This is most evident in the lighting used, which was more or less unique to that software. They also use the same compression algorithms (and obviously resolution), and seem to have access to some of the original textures (which originated from a library to which the original Capcom Japan development team had access).

In other words, this team has the experience, skills, and motivation to continue where the original development team left off at the end of 1996 (everything was rebooted after the new year gave them some time to reflect). This project is unprecedented for a PS1 RE fan project, and perhaps for any PS1 fan project.

This team is doing a better job than Capcom themselves could have done with their current staff. It's unbelievable. This should help to illustrate why they've been working on it since 2012 and still aren't finished with it yet. It'll be worth the wait. But don't take my word for it, just use your own eyes and ears! Let their content speak for itself.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
There is something about the Ada vs. Svetlana fight scene that has been bothering me since the first time I saw it, and I can't help noticing it every single time I see it again.

adaknifeiyqzo.jpg

Right before and right after Ada smashes the glass to take the knife, she isn't standing anywhere close enough to the showcase to do that. Yes, she may have been walking backwards while Svetlana was distracted by the gunfire outside, and she takes two steps forward again after acquiring the knife, but as you can see in the picture, the showcase still seems to be much farther behind than that.

The only explanations I can come up with is that she can make her arms longer like the Bandersnatches in Code Veronica, or that she's related to Marguerite Baker. If it's really just confusing camera work, I wonder why they had to shoot the clip that way. Were they actually planning to annoy me?

BioLence

There is something about the Ada vs. Svetlana fight scene that has been bothering me since the first time I saw it, and I can't help noticing it every single time I see it again.

adaknifeiyqzo.jpg

Right before and right after Ada smashes the glass to take the knife, she isn't standing anywhere close enough to the showcase to do that. Yes, she may have been walking backwards while Svetlana was distracted by the gunfire outside, and she takes two steps forward again after acquiring the knife, but as you can see in the picture, the showcase still seems to be much farther behind than that.

The only explanations I can come up with is that she can make her arms longer like the Bandersnatches in Code Veronica, or that she's related to Marguerite Baker. If it's really just confusing camera work, I wonder why they had to shoot the clip that way. Were they actually planning to annoy me?

LOL, you are extremely analytic. This fight was BAD ASS.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, I used to be a filmmaker myself, so I just can't help it. :lol:

But yes, that is my favourite fight in the entire RE series, and definitely the scene from the Damnation movie I rewatched the most. I remember how surprised I was to see Madam President kick a$$ at something other than giving speeches.

BioLence

Well, I used to be a filmmaker myself, so I just can't help it. :lol:

But yes, that is my favourite fight in the entire RE series, and definitely the scene from the Damnation movie I rewatched the most. I remember how surprised I was to see Madam President kick a$$ at something other than giving speeches.

Oh really? COOL!!! :smile: Dude, the first time i saw how she went from calmly talking to Svetlana to kicking that table in slow mo i stepped back a little and went ¨ooooooooooo¨ :eek::lol:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Just finished Revelations 2 on No Hope, for the first time without any forbidden extra weapons. Didn't think I could defeat the final boss because the battle by the elevator ate up most of my ammo and bottles, but somehow I managed anyway with merely 10 bullets left in my machine gun at the end. And what for? There isn't even a special reward unless you get an S rank everywhere. :cry:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Just finished Revelations 2 on No Hope, for the first time without any forbidden extra weapons. Didn't think I could defeat the final boss because the battle by the elevator ate up most of my ammo and bottles, but somehow I managed anyway with merely 10 bullets left in my machine gun at the end. And what for? There isn't even a special reward unless you get an S rank everywhere. :cry:
You didn't get infinite ammo?

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I'm half annoyed and half amused. I'm getting the platinum for Remake and I thought I'd group together a no save run with a speed run. Everything was going great, I got very close to the end... then Lisa Trevor pushed me off the edge of the platform.

Fml. :lol:

That actually happened to me but with the director's cut version. I went through the whole game on advanced mode without saving. and died at the Heliport by the Tyrant.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
When we getting that console budget Mercenaries spin-off game tho.

I've been playing Raid and I enjoy it, but it's too freaking sluggish at times. Especially when you have to grind up the characters you like.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Just got the Revelations Collection for the Switch. I tried playing Rev1 with the joy-con grip, and man, it's off the charts. Them motion-controls, man, it almost feels like playing a rail shooter. I gotta play me some Raid Mode with the joy-con grip.

This could turn out to be quite the week for Capcom with DMC5's rumored PSX reveal and the first REmake 2 trailer rumored for the VGAs tonight (oh, it's true, it's damn true). Mega Man 11 (FINALLY WE GET A NEW MEGAMAN GAME!), Devil May Cry 5 and REmake 2 reveals all coming in the same week from Capcom? MM11, DMC5, REmake 2, SFV:AE with free characters and game modes added and Monster Hunter World all (potentially) coming out next year? Holy sh!t, Capcom, you really want fans to stop hating you and give you their money, don't you (take notes, EA)?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
What a great show! We all knew what was going to win The Game of the Year but there were so many great surprises and reveals. Not little games either. It was fantastic and much better than last years.

BioLence

What a great show! We all knew what was going to win The Game of the Year but there were so many great surprises and reveals. Not little games either. It was fantastic and much better than last years.

Yeah it was great!. Breath of the wild best action adventure game, best director and game of the year?, talk about rolling over. Everybody wearing super mario hats while the orchestra was performing cracked me up :lol:

No RE2make trailer but they might still show something at PSX on Saturday or Sunday. It was rumored to have gone into development hell a few days ago tho, i hope not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom