• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I know in the REmake you have to let Rebecca get killed by the hunter and not rescue Jill before escaping. Not sure if that's how it works in The Director's Cut of RE1...

its the same. but no matter what i do i don't get the cutscene where you hear Rebecca scream for help.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What exactly is the problem? Does she never get attacked by the hunter in your game, or do you only miss the cutscene? Because just not getting the cutscene doesn't mean anything. If I remember the original correctly (and provided the Director's Cut version is the same in that regard), you only hear the scream if she's attacked in the library, not if it happens in front of the save room in the other wing of the mansion. Either way, all you have to do to get her killed is either avoid the room for long enough, or just walk in and out without killing the hunter.

Unless you told her to come with you when she asked. Then there's no way to get her killed.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
What exactly is the problem? Does she never get attacked by the hunter in your game, or do you only miss the cutscene? Because just not getting the cutscene doesn't mean anything. If I remember the original correctly (and provided the Director's Cut version is the same in that regard), you only hear the scream if she's attacked in the library, not if it happens in front of the save room in the other wing of the mansion. Either way, all you have to do to get her killed is either avoid the room for long enough, or just walk in and out without killing the hunter.

Unless you told her to come with you when she asked. Then there's no way to get her killed.

I always tell her to stay. and i get the cutscene where Chris freaks out after killing the first hunter. but i looked everywhere in the mansion and she is nowhere to be found.

BioLence

I can't remember how this plays out in the original since i've been mostly playing REmake as of late. In REmake, you trigger Rebecca screaming after you enter the Studio on East Wing 1F (Violet Room)
resident_evil_chris_advanced_mansion_1_2_map.png

She is at the quaint library on East Wing 2F, the room where you find the botany book (Green Square)
resident_evil_jill_stand_mansion_2_1_map.png

I am not 100% sure but having told her to stay might have triggered her not screaming in the 2F.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
If you thought Longbox RE's artwork was bad, that's nothing compared to what we could have been saddled with.

attachment.php

BioLence

The PAL box art owns the NTSC imo.
The PAL box art is actually a picture of one of the zombies featured in George A Romero's RE2 Commercial with a X-Ray filter applied to it.

Resident_Evil_2.jpg
>
NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png

Of all games, i think these are the best two covers:

89513f4aded0cf958217450ff354f03b--playstation-games-retro-games.jpg
Resident_Evil_2.jpg

Gotta love the look in Chris's face going "WTF is all this ****!, we're screwed!"

latest

HookerZombie

The PAL box art owns the NTSC imo.
The PAL box art is actually a picture of one of the zombies featured in George A Romero's RE2 Commercial with a X-Ray filter applied to it.

Resident_Evil_2.jpg
>
NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png

Of all games, i think these are the best two covers:

89513f4aded0cf958217450ff354f03b--playstation-games-retro-games.jpg
Resident_Evil_2.jpg

Gotta love the look in Chris's face going "WTF is all this ****!, we're screwed!"

latest
Sorry but I disagree.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think is the other way around tho. People who like the NTSC more is probably due to it being the first one they got so they're attached to it which is understandable.

Or maybe it's personal taste... A zombie face obscured by a black and white filter with too much lighting and generic text doesn't look all that appealing to me. Has nothing to do with attachment.

HookerZombie

Or maybe it's personal taste... A zombie face obscured by a black and white filter with too much lighting and generic text doesn't look all that appealing to me. Has nothing to do with attachment.
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it.

BioLence

I wouldn't call generic text and a sh*tty looking zombie good taste. Especially when considered the best cover art in the entire series.

lol You guys pull up your panties with ease. Considered the best cover by whom? every one? :lol: the NTSC? xD

btw hooker is not that i judge is just what i think :)

Turo602

The King of Kings
lol You guys pull up your panties with ease. Considered the best cover by whom? every one? :lol: the NTSC? xD

Um, you... You said it was the best cover art in the series. That makes me question your overall taste in anything considering you set the bar so low.

Edit: Who cares though. This is a pointless discussion. I won't contribute to this anymore as it's gonna turn into some 3rd grade sh*t anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom