• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Ikawaru

@Gun Powder B congrats on the new job and lady lol.

Thanks! I'm not really used to doing so well (I had a rough childhood, but somehow managed to avoid jail/imprisonment) so it's kind of a relief when things start kicking into motion. Patience and a little effort pays off I guess. "Hang in there" is not the ideal motto in life but could be worse I imagine.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's been a bit quiet on here recently. I'm partly to blame for it, too. Plus the lack of RE news.
Yeah, it's a real shame how unexciting the series has been lately. Like yeah, the remakes are cool but there really isn't much to say about them other than offer praise or criticism, which gets pretty old. But then the new games, they're so far removed from the rest of the series that there's nothing to really theorize or talk about other than just praise or criticism for its new direction, which again, gets old and is old already.

I've always found this forum a little strange compared to others I've been in honestly. People seem like they only join to specifically talk about Resident Evil and nothing else. I notice other communities tend to have more fun with eachother or talk about literally anything else. You would think a forum about Resident Evil, a video game series, would attract gamers and therefore there'd be more to discuss around here with a group of people who share a common interest. I know I've done my share of trying to spark things up around here and even suggested the general gaming section, but people still just post about Resident Evil there anyway.

Not that I'm blaming anyone specifically for the lack of activity, but it's something I've noticed around here. Probably doesn't help that the series has become so mainstream and catered to a casual audience that it doesn't really produce many diehard fans anymore, which is now such a niche part of the fanbase. Lately, it just seems people only join to ask really obscure questions or plug their Youtube or Twitch channels and then disappear.

Forums just aren't as popular as they used to be thanks to social media, which is a real shame because I've always enjoyed the discussions, arguments, and topics that come about from an actual community as opposed to the random bullsh*t that spews out of social media. I still consistently visit 3 forums, but even I struggle to keep up activity in either of them. Sometimes I just don't have the energy or I find myself rambling on too long, much like I am now, and then I quit because it just feels wasted when there's nobody around so then I go back to lurking until something interesting does happen.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Yeah, it's a real shame how unexciting the series has been lately. Like yeah, the remakes are cool but there really isn't much to say about them other than offer praise or criticism, which gets pretty old. But then the new games, they're so far removed from the rest of the series that there's nothing to really theorize or talk about other than just praise or criticism for its new direction, which again, gets old and is old already.

I've always found this forum a little strange compared to others I've been in honestly. People seem like they only join to specifically talk about Resident Evil and nothing else. I notice other communities tend to have more fun with eachother or talk about literally anything else. You would think a forum about Resident Evil, a video game series, would attract gamers and therefore there'd be more to discuss around here with a group of people who share a common interest. I know I've done my share of trying to spark things up around here and even suggested the general gaming section, but people still just post about Resident Evil there anyway.

Not that I'm blaming anyone specifically for the lack of activity, but it's something I've noticed around here. Probably doesn't help that the series has become so mainstream and catered to a casual audience that it doesn't really produce many diehard fans anymore, which is now such a niche part of the fanbase. Lately, it just seems people only join to ask really obscure questions or plug their Youtube or Twitch channels and then disappear.

Forums just aren't as popular as they used to be thanks to social media, which is a real shame because I've always enjoyed the discussions, arguments, and topics that come about from an actual community as opposed to the random bullsh*t that spews out of social media. I still consistently visit 3 forums, but even I struggle to keep up activity in either of them. Sometimes I just don't have the energy or I find myself rambling on too long, much like I am now, and then I quit because it just feels wasted when there's nobody around so then I go back to lurking until something interesting does happen.
Well, there is the new RE show coming to Netflix, right? And the RE1 board game just funded on Kickstarter, ehh...5 or 6 months ago (so I guess that's "old news" by now).

I do agree w/ you, forums are my favorite discussion format. Sadly, I have not really been perusing these forums as the one downside of forums is keeping track of them all (I'm a casual lurker in a few like you I suppose, just hard to keep up really when I'm also gaming, watching streams, etc), especially when they are focused on a specific niche (a single video game series), despite still having general forums. Basically, I only get mentally reminded to check these forums when I actually think of Resident Evil. Which happens to be a lot the past few days since I finally started playing RE2make 2 days ago lol.

Ikawaru

As a European it's always nuts to hear this stuff from Americans.

Yeah US is a mess in this regard, the right seems to thoroughly embrace the corporate structure and thinks the best path to healthcare is from the private sector whilst the "left" (America has no left and doesn't understand anything left of Democrats) thinks some form of public insurance is the way to go but doesn't really have a good plan to integrate it which kinda leaves us in a bind. That means that places like Europe and China are ahead in this regard as they have healthcare structures that go back decades and almost a century now and can refine it accordingly while the US is still struggling to get a good system going.

Right now I'm on state sponsored care and pay a premium but if my new job continues to go smoothly and I become an official company man I may just go the corporate route, simply because that appears to be the most pragmatic way to go. You have to deal with the cards you are dealt.

Dr. Cheesesteak

one thing I just thought of - if someone is already happy w/ their life, can you "make" them happy(/ier)? Or do you simply just become part of their "happy sustenance"?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
one thing I just thought of - if someone is already happy w/ their life, can you "make" them happy(/ier)? Or do you simply just become part of their "happy sustenance"?
I feel like it's a bit of both. Your happiness in life shouldn't be dictated by whether an individual is or isn't in your life. But, at the same time, I think people can come into your life and heighten your experience and, ultimately, the happiness you experience in life. Kinda like drugs. lol

Dr. Cheesesteak

I feel like it's a bit of both. Your happiness in life shouldn't be dictated by whether an individual is or isn't in your life. But, at the same time, I think people can come into your life and heighten your experience and, ultimately, the happiness you experience in life. Kinda like drugs. lol
So, then, if someone is already happy, are you expendable? Not counting the pain we feel when we lose an addiction, aka "love". If we want to obtain and retain someone who is already happy, we essentially have to make them addicted to us, aka love us. Presuming they aren't psychopaths, their love for us would then make our value to their happiness higher than other things on their happiness heirarchy?

But (some) humans are fickle, so should it be worth the effort?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
So, then, if someone is already happy, are you expendable? Not counting the pain we feel when we lose an addiction, aka "love". If we want to obtain and retain someone who is already happy, we essentially have to make them addicted to us, aka love us. Presuming they aren't psychopaths, their love for us would then make our value to their happiness higher than other things on their happiness heirarchy?

But (some) humans are fickle, so should it be worth the effort?

Why do you think you'd be expendable to someone who is happy passionate about life?

I'm no expert in love and I get we are speaking without any context but I think you have the wrong idea here. The goal should never be addiction. ;)

I know the euphoric feeling of love can be addictive but that's also why you both need to keep yourselves in check. Tend to your own needs, hobbies and goals. No one stays the same; you have to grow as individuals and if you both learn to grow together then that's even better.

You also shouldn't feel like you have to "make" someone love you...
A relationship should feel like an uplifting experience for you both. It shouldn't feel forced; though you both are making a daily conscious decision to be with one another- but even then that shouldn't be a difficult decision to make if there is true love and connection there and you both have similar goals and values.

Just my two cents… I feel like it applies to relationships of many types.

Also, say no to drugs, kids.

Last edited:

Ikawaru

Why Japan never became a superpower to rival the US, it all started with the 1985 Plaza Accord that Japan signed, which strengthened their currency and made their exports less competitive (When your economy is based on exports you want your currency to be weaker, not stronger). I guess it helps when you have military bases, and can Red Scare them into submission (The USSR was super frightening to Nakasone's government).

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The trailer for the newest Predator movie (Prey 2022) leaked and it looks really good. Hype train has hit me full speed.

EDIT:

Oh snap, they officially released the trailer today! It leaked 2 days ago and Disney scrambled to take it down.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My birthday is Saturday. Got my early birthday presents yesterday.

FUzvz_WXoAACWsV

FUzvz_XWIAAXSxZ

Top Bottom