• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
We're not selling now, but to think someone would be crazy enough to spend that amount on our little house just blows my mind. I don't understand housing markets and stuff...which is fine by me. But when I looked up the value, it was presuming our property was unadapted (we've added a full width conservatory) and still leasehold (we've since bought the freehold). All things considered, that's another £10k to tack on, potentially, given what the neighbours' properties are worth.

Give it another couple of years and our house will be worth three hamsters and a cabbage or something. Grown-up stuff is weird sometimes...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That’s awesome for you ladies!

I’m gonna be a homeowner by the end of this year (well 2022 lol). It’s gotten pretty bad in the central Florida area though, people are trying to sell so many dumpster fires in the mid to high $200k range it’s pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yea, I've seen that in my area as well. It was a really rough buy for us, but I'm glad we bought the house when we did. I'm happy for you - it might be frustrating but it's totally worth it.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Glad you guys found your place! I’m getting a little nervous to apply in August but it’s been a long time coming and hopefully, with interest rates going back up, the market levels out more. Though I’ve heard many say house prices will be like this for the next 5 years.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
The main thing is getting a foot on that property ladder, even if you stay forever on the first rung. Our home is our first ever and we've no intention of getting another one. It's big enough to accommodate us all and small enough to be just the right size when the kids leave home. Chances are, our middle child won't ever leave home, so there's always enough room for him to stay.

Plus we've got amazing neighbours, which is rare these days.

CT: where are my covid test results??

Rain611

You can't kill me.
We have an Urgent Care center about a mile away from us that can give Covid test results in 15 mins. It still baffles me when other sources take forever. That being said, I hope they come back negative.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
We have an Urgent Care center about a mile away from us that can give Covid test results in 15 mins. It still baffles me when other sources take forever. That being said, I hope they come back negative.
My daughter works at our local testing centre and she said they saw 300 people a day over the Christmas period. It's all very well upping the testing programme, but the results need to be upped as well. It doesn't help that we all got sick over the holiday season, but I hardly planned it.

At this stage, I don't think my illness is covid. It's just annoying. I'm classed as vulnerable because of my diabeetus and the fact my lungs aren't so great due to repeated bouts of pneumonia in the past...so what I've probably got is just a bad cold, but those factors make it seem worse. I just need my results so I can go back to work next week.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I ended up getting sick after my 1st Covid shot and thought maybe I got it just before my shot or whatever.... ended up being a respiratory infection, after having gone to said clinic and being tested for Covid, luckily. I think I'm also high risk - being pregnant and having chronic hypertension. Luckily I'm a hermit and I work from home so (knock on wood) it is fairly simple for me to avoid the Rona. Still not sure how the respiratory infection got me though. That's the one time I've been sick for probably 3 years.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I've been checking my oxygen levels and they're good - which is reassuring considering I feel like there's an elastic band around my lungs when I breathe in. With omnomicron flooring everyone over here, it'll be interesting to see if it do have rona...can't think where I'd get it from, though, unless one of the kids bought it back 2 weeks ago and it's just hitting me now.

I just want to sleep and avoid hospital. In no particular order

Ikawaru

Alcoholism: Bad. Therefore, I'm making it my Lunar New Years pledge to cut the sauce.
In any event, happy new year everyone! Whilst year 2022 will probably be good to me personally, I'm concerned political crap is going to get heated up again here in the U.S. If we don't get our sh*t together and start cooperating I'm afraid our status in the world will start to deteriorate.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Man, I'm so pumped for tomorrow. I'm going to see The Batman on my birthday tomorrow! :D Talk about a double whammy of awesomeness. And even better yet, I have the next couple of nights off from work. I'm so excited, my mind can barely process it. Tomorrow just might be one of my best birthdays ever for just that reason, I don't really care that I'm getting up there in age (I turn 34 tomorrow).

Oh, and on that note, I'm back. I took a little short hiatus, but fear not, I haven't forgotten about you guys and I'm once again ready to grace you with my presence.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
CT

1) Been lurking a lot lately. My daughter is currently in the NICU and it takes a lot out of me. Plus having had an emergency c-section followed by sepsis and iron deficiency anemia... suffice it to say I've been pretty down and out since mid Feb.

2) Has anyone else noticed this place is kinda becoming a troubleshooting forum? Not that there's anything wrong with it, just noticing a lot of people coming here to ask a question about a glitch and never hearing from them again.

3) RE Welcome to Raccoon City wasn't all bad in my opinion. Granted yea the story was rushed but overall I found it to be enjoyable.

Ikawaru

In any event, happy new year everyone! Whilst year 2022 will probably be good to me personally, I'm concerned political crap is going to get heated up again

Got a new job, great pay, decent hours, and a new girlfriend so I called this pretty spot on and it's only March. Lucky year for me personally but on the world writ large....not so much ;)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
CT

1) Been lurking a lot lately. My daughter is currently in the NICU and it takes a lot out of me. Plus having had an emergency c-section followed by sepsis and iron deficiency anemia... suffice it to say I've been pretty down and out since mid Feb.

2) Has anyone else noticed this place is kinda becoming a troubleshooting forum? Not that there's anything wrong with it, just noticing a lot of people coming here to ask a question about a glitch and never hearing from them again.

3) RE Welcome to Raccoon City wasn't all bad in my opinion. Granted yea the story was rushed but overall I found it to be enjoyable.
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, @Rain611, I hope everything turns out okay for you and her...

@Gun Powder B congrats on the new job and lady lol.

CT
2022 has been full of highs and lows but I think things are finally starting to look up now that I have a new job lined up with a more acclaimed company. Yesterday was the last day at my prior job and I couldn't feel more relieved now that it's behind me- what a bust that turned out to be. I managed to give myself a couple weeks to just recoup before starting the new job.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, @Rain611, I hope everything turns out okay for you and her...

@Gun Powder B congrats on the new job and lady lol.

CT
2022 has been full of highs and lows but I think things are finally starting to look up now that I have a new job lined up with a more acclaimed company. Yesterday was the last day at my prior job and I couldn't feel more relieved now that it's behind me- what a bust that turned out to be. I managed to give myself a couple weeks to just recoup before starting the new job.
Congrats on the new job. I gave myself a couple weeks between my last couple jobs too. I'm glad I did it.

We are going to talk to a surgeon tomorrow about getting a g tube for my daughter so she can finally come home. Only a couple of weeks now. It's been a long wait. By then she will be almost 2 months old.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
CT

Rain, I'm sorry to hear things are rough. Big hugs

Top Bottom