• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My wedding is on Friday! The lucky thing about it is that there are almost NO restrictions left as 104 out of 107 attendees are vaccinated. Just have to hope it does not rain.

Also, be careful with a hair straightener. My soon to be wife picked one up on the wrong end thinking it was not plugged in anymore and she was WRONG. 2017 was a bad year for burning ourselves as I got a crazy oil burn on my hand from dropping salmon in the pan too harshly. Yeowch!
Congrats! My birthday is Friday. Fun times all around. And 104? I don't think I even KNOW 104 people lol.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
@UniqTeas

So exciting!!! The wedding, not the hair straightener accident...

Hope it goes wonderfully for you both and that your day is one to remember for all the right reasons.

Again, wedding. Not hair straightener stuff...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
My wedding is on Friday! The lucky thing about it is that there are almost NO restrictions left as 104 out of 107 attendees are vaccinated. Just have to hope it does not rain.

Also, be careful with a hair straightener. My soon to be wife picked one up on the wrong end thinking it was not plugged in anymore and she was WRONG. 2017 was a bad year for burning ourselves as I got a crazy oil burn on my hand from dropping salmon in the pan too harshly. Yeowch!
Congratulations on the big day coming up! Sounds like it’ll be a nice full house to help celebrate :)

And yeah, even a split second can get you pretty good. I actually clamped me ear and pulled some skin off- felt lovely :p

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It is official! I am married. The wedding was beautiful. But there was a little bit of drama. (The almost good kind).

My brother was set to be my best man, but his wife gave birth to an awesome nephew, Joseph Michael, two days prior to the wedding. Nick (my brother) was all set to still come to the wedding, but on the way to the wedding, the hospital called him and let him know that the baby had a too high level of bilirubins (jaundice) and it was almost to a toxic level. This is typical with premature babies (he was 2 weeks early) and needed to spend some time in his little baby tanning bed. So, my brother and his wife brought Joseph to the hospital and had to miss the wedding.

LUCKILY, I did have another guy in the wedding party I was also Best Man for, so I upgraded him to the position which he loved. So, in the end, I had two best men and my nephew is now almost fully back to normal. Great day, but would have been better if my brother had been there. Also, my wife looked awesome in her wedding dress so that is a PLUS!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
It is official! I am married. The wedding was beautiful. But there was a little bit of drama. (The almost good kind).

My brother was set to be my best man, but his wife gave birth to an awesome nephew, Joseph Michael, two days prior to the wedding. Nick (my brother) was all set to still come to the wedding, but on the way to the wedding, the hospital called him and let him know that the baby had a too high level of bilirubins (jaundice) and it was almost to a toxic level. This is typical with premature babies (he was 2 weeks early) and needed to spend some time in his little baby tanning bed. So, my brother and his wife brought Joseph to the hospital and had to miss the wedding.

LUCKILY, I did have another guy in the wedding party I was also Best Man for, so I upgraded him to the position which he loved. So, in the end, I had two best men and my nephew is now almost fully back to normal. Great day, but would have been better if my brother had been there. Also, my wife looked awesome in her wedding dress so that is a PLUS!
That's amazing! Glad all went well and your nephew is doing good.

But I gotta ask...HERE is where you're spending your honeymoon?? We're awesome and all, but c'mon

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
lol. No honeymoon yet.

First honeymoon will probably be like a Florida beach and then, NEXT year, when hopefully everything is open, we will see more of Europe. Either Spain/France, or Greece? We will see how each country holds up during vaccination processes!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Greece is fascinating - I've never been to Spain and I've only been to France on a school skiing trip when I was 13.

I'm still going out for the chance to go to Budapest after we had to cancel our trip last year. I'd really love to go to Ljubljana, but that's feeling like a pipe dream these days...

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I was just watching an Uwe Boll Letterbox'd reviews video on YouTube, and it was "enlightening", to say the least:

He gave Alita Battle Angel half a star and review-bombed the MCU on Letterboxd (before his account got taken down) and said Wonder Woman was crap in an interview. Real daft coming from the worst director in all of Hollywood (next to Seltzer and Friedberg). He wouldn't know good filmmaking if it bit him straight square in the ass. Seriously.

I'm not even sure his LB reviews are (or should I say, were) for real since he gave good/okay ratings to sh!t like Super Mario Brothers while one/half-staring great movies like Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark followed by some snarky click/trollbait reviews. His Venom review WAS funny, though, not gonna lie.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
If that ends up being the case, know that diabetes is one of the most treatable afflictions ever. My wifes family has 3 people with diabetes and they all live normal lives and basically eat and drink what they want within reason. The technology around diabetes in 2021 makes it so easy to deal with no matter how scary it seems. My sister-in-law has had Type 1 diabetes since age 4 and parties just as hard as everyone else in the family!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
If that ends up being the case, know that diabetes is one of the most treatable afflictions ever. My wifes family has 3 people with diabetes and they all live normal lives and basically eat and drink what they want within reason. The technology around diabetes in 2021 makes it so easy to deal with no matter how scary it seems. My sister-in-law has had Type 1 diabetes since age 4 and parties just as hard as everyone else in the family!
Ya, the nurse said my levels should have been addressed three years ago when my sugars were way over normal but below full diagnosis.

I've been noticing some issues with circulation and vision on recent months, so kinda expecting it. I've got a blood test on Tuesday to confirm it, but with my levels currently at 48, and diabetes starting at 48+, I'm not going to dodge this one.

I'm not worried, more inconvenienced than anything else. But hopefully it will help my overall health to get better once it's being treated/managed effectively.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I feel like it's been a minute since I've posted anything too personal; life's been a bit of a whirlwind the last few months it feels like.
I started a job at a new company that just might be the beginning of a career for me as loan processor. I still don't know how I feel about the specific job itself but it seems like it can be lucrative and successful... Maybe its the idea of committing to a field of work that I hadn't anticipated on being in. Anyways, here's hoping to a smooth-ish and successful transition!

Hope everyone else is doing well on here!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I feel like it's been a minute since I've posted anything too personal; life's been a bit of a whirlwind the last few months it feels like.
I started a job at a new company that just might be the beginning of a career for me as loan processor. I still don't know how I feel about the specific job itself but it seems like it can be lucrative and successful... Maybe its the idea of committing to a field of work that I hadn't anticipated on being in. Anyways, here's hoping to a smooth-ish and successful transition!

Hope everyone else is doing well on here!
Funny how that happens. I really hope this does become a viable career path for you.

I had a similar experience. Went to Tech School with an emphasis on Network Security but am trained in a very broad range of things from computer repair to network design, etc. I ended up graduating early and nothing I applied to ever really felt right. Ended up ultimately working in Telecommunications, we'll say, helping make sure the internet works for new customers (I've run out of ways to explain what I do heh.). Never in a million years would I have expected to be doing what I do but I love my job and if I had it my way I would retire with this company.

Best of luck with your new career. :]

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I can't wait for September 24th to be able to play Death Stranding (directors cut). Kojima just released his new trailer for it - was pretty good although it has a lot of spoilers in it haha. I'm really looking forward to the new story elements and the Very Hard mode.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
The trailer for the fourth Matrix film has dropped and it is certainly not what I was expecting. I knew it was obviously going to differ a bit in style from the previous three films since it's been almost 20 years, but this looks more like a reboot rather than a direct sequel. Perhaps this is intentional, and the trailer is simply there to mislead us and misdirect us, but that'd be overestimating Lana Wachowski's skills as a filmmaker. I mean they hit the jackpot with The Matrix, but all of their other films as directors have been crap. Both Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending were bombastic piles of messiness.

We see a lot of things in the trailer that technically shouldn't be there in a post-Revolutions world, such as the agents, a new version of Morpheus, and unknown versions of Neo and Trinity. My guess is that they will play into the established lore of different Matrixes, actual reboots of computer systems, etc, but this is not really how I imagined a sequel to Revolutions would play out. I'd actually be totally fine with a reboot of the film series, but then they shouldn't call this a direct sequel and have the same actors come back - it's misleading and comes off as a cheap excuse for playing with the "reboot/resurrection" themes. They also crammed as many easter eggs to the previous films as they could into the trailer, which makes me feel like this is not an passionate continuation of the story but rather a soulless product that's rehashing familar things from the original. It's like The Force Awakens all over again.

Ikawaru

Interesting. According to the FBI, for handguns it doesn't matter the size of the caliber because to do serious damage to the tissue the projectile would have to travel 2,000 feet per second, and that velocity is only found in rifle calibers. For handguns, magazine capacity, accuracy, and recoil are far more important than the sheer size of the bullet, as it's been documented that law enforcement officers miss 7 out of 10 shots in real shootings.

So it looks like the FBI is going back to 9mm after almost 30 years of .40 S&W, just with better bullet selection, as 9mm has seen some advances in bullet design in recent years. The G19 found in RE3R is the exact handgun the FBI uses, so perhaps that's where Capcom got their inspiration from.

That's probably why we don't see too many rifle variants in RE games, because one shot kills with high capacity magazines would be cheese especially on zombies. Also, that is why zombies are able to keep stumbling at you after several shots fired into them with a 9mm. A) Zombies don't feel pain (either psychological or physical B) Zombie tissue structure has been mutated to withstand more punishment and therefore, less chance of bleeding out after to hitting vital organs.

After reading all of that, I'm amazed it's as easy as it is to take down zombies as it is in RE with a 9mm bullet, and this gives me a more scientific perspective on ballistics.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well MellowYellow, I am not sure I would ever research that myself - but that is interesting to think that Capcom may have done similar research themselves. I dont really know anything about guns except what is in video games and the fact that I sold muzzle loaders while I worked at Walmart. I also sold ammo, but that is just a box.

Ikawaru

I only own one gun, a Beretta 92 LT that looks similar to the Samurai Edge found in Remake, Zero, and RE2R. Ever since RE1 it's been my dream gun :)

And the FBI is correct that there's a ton of ammo to choose from, you can choose anything from subsonic (travel below the speed of sound) ammo that are commonly used with suppressors to high velocity powerful ammo that carries about 455 foot pounds of pressure (Barnaul comes to mind here). 9mm ammo rocks but prices have gone up ridiculously recently and stocks are almost completely empty, thanks to Covid-19 and extremely high demand.

Guns are absolutely not toys obviously so keep them tightly locked up and safe if you decide to purchase one, especially if you live with loved ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom