• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
-continued from another thread-

We won't be able to close on the house for a while but the lister offered to let sign a rental agreement until we can get all the title junk figured out. My realtor said she thinks we can move in this evening if now tomorrow.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Rain611 At least you can go ahead and move in. That takes a little bit of the stress off I guess.

I still hate that you're having to wait so long due a title issue which, honestly, should've been picked up on before now. I feel like that kind of stuff should've been caught when they bought the house, not as they're selling it.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
@Rain611 At least you can go ahead and move in. That takes a little bit of the stress off I guess.

I still hate that you're having to wait so long due a title issue which, honestly, should've been picked up on before now. I feel like that kind of stuff should've been caught when they bought the house, not as they're selling it.
Exactly.

When we first learned about all this we actually threatened to pull out of the deal unless we could move in this week, no exceptions. They accepted. I think they realize they're not going to be able to sell that house to anyone until they get all that figured out and we offered full price for the house so long as they paid closing costs so they are lucky.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Rain611 Yeah it sounds like you guys are being more than fair at this point. I'm just glad you're still going to be able to move in on time despite this hiccup.

Before this title issue, how hard would you say the whole process has been? If you don't mind my asking, that is.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
When we bought our house, we had one of ths sellers dragging their feet with the paperwork. They were a divorced couple and the man wanted more money for the property, but the woman just wanted to leave. It wasn't a complicated sale, there was no chain as we were first time buyers and the woman was moving into rented accommodation...all the professionals had done their bit on time too.

But this guy. Wow. What should have taken about 4-6 weeks took about 6 months because he wouldn't sign one piece of paper. He hadn't even lived there for a few years, but coz his name was still on the deeds, he must have seen pound signs when he heard the ex was selling.

Sale agreed in October, didn't move in until late April. Until that point, we were living in Steve's childhood bedroom at his parent's house. Not the ideal start to married life...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
@Angel Damn that sucks. They always say that divorce and death bring out the worst in people and unfortunately, most of the time, it's true.
It really is. The mad part was, the house is just a few doors up from Steve's parents' house, so we could see it every day, knowing it was ours, but unable to move in until this one signature happened.

Been here for almost 14 years now - it is SO nice to have your own home; the security that no one is going to give you notice to move out or that you have to wait for a landlord to fix a problem.

I don't know how it all works in the US, but if this applies, I would recommend that anyone buying a house makes sure that any paperwork they receive is checked REALLY well. We got ripped off in that way - the lady we bought off, she had forged paperwork about the gas utilities which ended up costing us a small fortune to replace things. She produced certification that said she had had her gas appliances and boiler checked by a registered gas safety engineer. The truth was, she asked her dad to come over and sign off on things so she wouldn't have to pay a real engineer. He used to work for the gas company, but was retired and not allowed to certify anything.

As it was, his "checks" could have killed us because when we got someone to come out and take a look at the boiler, 4 months after moving in, they found that carbon monoxide gas was leaking into the house and had been for months. It's not common, I don't think, but people can fudge stuff in order to make a sale go through more easily.

We also got hit with a £2000 electricity bill that the previous owner had been dodging. Thankfully, we switched supplier and they wrote off the debt...but for a while we were getting court and debt collection demands for this woman, which was rather stressful.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Angel That sounds like a complete nightmare. You would think that things, like inspections, would need to be verified for authenticity before a sale happens just to make sure everything is legit.

I've heard about nightmarish debts from previous owners before. It happened here but with property tax I think. The county/state was trying to get the current owners of a home to pay taxes from before they lived there that had honestly been paid by the previous owner but it got screwed up in the system and they gave the previous owner a refund for it and instead of seeking the money back from them, billed the new owners. They were getting foreclosure notices and everything it was terrible.

The news did a story on it and the local tax collector was adamant that this had nothing to do with the refund, etc. His office "investigated" after the news story and it did. That guy going to the news was the only way they got to save their house because they probably would've went through with the foreclosure otherwise.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Yup, congrats, @tremor!

But I'm kinda p!ssed at the new Godzilla vs. Kong trailer, not because it looks bad, it most certainly doesn't, but because it looks like they spoiled the damn winner. :mad: WTF?

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised after WB greenlit the whole Steve Trevor-WW84 stuff and the Martha scene and the whole Gotham-Joker debacle. Yeah, it's not like you didn't already have 2 different film Jokers and multiple versions of Batman spanning across both film and TV, WB. You have friggin' Michael Keyton replacing Ben Affleck in the mainline DCEU who now might be getting his own standalone TV series with Robert Pattinson playing an elseworlds Batman, but yet this is somehow too confusing for audiences? :ROFL: GTFOOOH!

I can't understand WB sometimes. If I wanted to know who wins the damn fight before seeing the movie, I'd read the plot leaks, that's what those are for.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I mean, Joker did end up in Gotham and since when was Michael Keaton replacing Ben Affleck? DC is a total ****ing mess anyway. The best thing they got going is Snyder's Justice League and WB don't even seem to care about it. They rather push garbage like WW84 it seems.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I mean, Joker did end up in Gotham and since when was Michael Keaton replacing Ben Affleck? DC is a total ****ing mess anyway. The best thing they got going is Snyder's Justice League and WB don't even seem to care about it. They rather push garbage like WW84 it seems.

They can't officially call him Joker, though, because fans would apparently confuse him with their film iteration despite the fact that they already had Batman show up in both Titans and the Arrowverse and 3 different actors playing Batman in the DCEU. And it was reported that Michael Keyton would be replacing Ben Affleck shortly after his (re?)casting was announced. I don't know if it's true or not, especially with the latest rumors of Ben Affleck coming back and getting his own TV series, and you can't fault them for Ben changing his mind about playing the character (again), but their excuse for why they can't officially give Cameron Monaghan's character the Joker name is a load of crap and it shows they haven't thought it through. He also wasn't allowed to use the signature Joker green hair for the same reason which they completely contradict with their handling of both their TV and film iterations of Batman.

Top Bottom