• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I have sympathies for people with dementia, but my sympathies primarily lie with the carers. My grandfather with advanced dementia is now living with us and today he didn't even recognise me. He's become more aggressive, he tries to leave the house at 1 in the morning claiming that he needs to sort something at the races or he needs to go home and he form a single sentence properly.

Before anyone thinks that I'm being unreasonable, consider this: I have a bucket load of health problems ranging from nerve damage to chronic fatigue via blood clots in my right lung and leg. I'm doing my A level exams in the summer and I'm two years behind university as I've repeated two years of school thanks to the aforementioned afflictions. I have a abusive stepfather and a mother who has the same conditions as I. My brother has to get up to go to work in the morning.

Does anyone think that with all of these circumstances you could handle someone who can't remember your name, tries to wander off in the middle night and/or is becoming more and more volatile? At twenty I shouldn't have to be paranoid at 2am that my grandfather will walk out of the door.

I hope everyone had a joyous new year and a very merry Christmas.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Holy crap. I was 15 when it came out and I still remember when it was released and I didn't want to get it because I didn't/still don't like RE0 and thought it was going to be just like it.

I don't care what anyone says - I've never had more fun playing a video game than the first time I played through RE 4. I kinda grew out of playing video games but I still will pop RE 4 in every once in a while.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: In the wake of my recent decision to quit gaming, I just removed 21 games I don't want to play anymore from my computer, creating 65 GB of free disk place. How great it feels!

byebyespielezuuff.jpg

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
CT: In the wake of my recent decision to quit gaming, I just removed 21 games I don't want to play anymore from my computer, creating 65 GB of free disk place. How great it feels!

byebyespielezuuff.jpg
Why have you decided to quit gaming?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Well, I can't speak for Hel but I've stopped gaming for the most part as well. I stopped playing games because I got too busy between work and electoral campaigns and I started feeling guilty after playing them. I felt I wasn't being productive.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Why have you decided to quit gaming?

Because I'm tired of getting upset about things that just don't matter, like videogames. First the Tomb Raider exclusivity crap, now the revelation (no pun intended) that the HD REmake, which I've been looking forward to since the day of its announcement, requires Windows 7 or 8 (which will probably be true for Revelations 2 as well). In other words: Even though it's finally coming to PC, I won't be able to play it since I still have Vista (which I'm perfectly fine with, even though everybody else seems to hate it) and won't upgrade because Windows 7 sucks and 8 is even worse.

If I won't be able to play the newest installments of the only two game series that I follow, why should I keep playing at all? But this is just the final straw anyway, I've been thinking about quitting this useless hobby for quite a while now, not least because of the fact that it's... well, useless.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, I have worked with both systems for a long time, so I'm not saying this on a whim. Perhaps I'm just lucky, but the only major issue I ever had (and still have) with Vista is the continuous mysterious disappearance of free disk space, whereas I couldn't get along with 7 at all. And I'm not keen on repeating that experience.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Because I'm tired of getting upset about things that just don't matter, like videogames. First the Tomb Raider exclusivity crap, now the revelation (no pun intended) that the HD REmake, which I've been looking forward to since the day of its announcement, requires Windows 7 or 8 (which will probably be true for Revelations 2 as well). In other words: Even though it's finally coming to PC, I won't be able to play it since I still have Vista (which I'm perfectly fine with, even though everybody else seems to hate it) and won't upgrade because Windows 7 sucks and 8 is even worse.

If I won't be able to play the newest installments of the only two game series that I follow, why should I keep playing at all? But this is just the final straw anyway, I've been thinking about quitting this useless hobby for quite a while now, not least because of the fact that it's... well, useless.
I can understand that. I agree that it is a waste of time, but for me, it's one of the very few kind's of entertainment that I actually enjoy.
I've recently stopped watching movies because I feel like those are a waste of time, and 70% of them are stupid IMO anyway . . . especially comedies . . . man I hate those.

Dearheart Captive

Power is life
Thinking that it is weird how this coffee hot chocolate combo tastes exactly how I wanted it to.....probably a one in a million chance that it happened

ChaoticMeltdown

Thinking when I should start my Resident Evil Marathon stream. Do I start it so that when I get to Rev2 it fits perfectly with the release date of the game. Do I start on March 22nd or do I got with July 24th....there's so many games to cover and the frustration will probably make me hate on RE4 a lot again >_>

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: So, in the light of current events, I feel it is my duty to bring up this important and serious issue: There must be an extracurricular class at school where children and teenagers learn how to properly play The Sims! I volunteer as a teacher.

(In case anyone wonders if I'm contradicting myself now, considering my earlier statement that I'm going to quit gaming, let me quote Grumpy Cat: "No." Not really, that is. The Sims and No One Lives Forever 1 are the two games I'm never going to give up on.)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What is the proper way to play the Sims?

You'd be surprised at how many secrets and little rules there are in The Sims 2! Many people don't know...

... how to get your sim a job.
... how to become a witch, werewolf, plant sim or vampire, and how to be cured from those things.
... how to get a vampire to school/work and back during the day without the sun killing it.
... what to do when the fridge is empty.
... how to open and manage a home-based business.
... how to run any business at all, and how to promote someone to manager (I had to look that up myself).
... what kinds of juice you can mix, and where to get the ingredients. (The game gives you no hint at all.)
... that you can learn various massage techniques, local greetings and even teleportation on vacation.
... the many unusual places sims can have sex in.
... how to age a baby.
... how to get cats or dogs to reproduce.
... that your pets can actually go to work.
... that there is a sewing machine allowing you to create your own clothes, but only under specific conditions.
... about the existence of the Body Shop, and how to use it.
... how to enter cheats properly.
... the correct directory for downloaded items.
... about the various bugs that should be avoided.

Apart from that I've been playing Sims 2 for years and still happen upon new things every now and then, I just spent hours explaining some of the points on this list to a friend who hasn't played the game in a while, and since I'm currently looking for a job in the world of the living anyway, I thought, why not teach people how to play? Obviously there is a lot to teach.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Phew - I know how to play the Sims properly! I admittedly haven't touched Sims 2 since I started Sims 3 years ago.. and I mainly just use it to build and design homes. Like I'll play with my Sims a little bit and then I'll get bored and just build a new house.

I wish there was an Open for Business extension pack though. That one was my favourite.

Top Bottom