• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Same. Third entry in a novel series? I don't even know about a first entry in a novel series!!! Do share!

I wonder what specific event brought everyone here? I remember I just got my PS4 and started perusing the PS Now games when I noticed the Revelations Series that I had never played. After playing through Rev 1 and Rev 2 back to back, I knew I needed someone to discuss this new and radical information with! And we have pretty good conversationalists all together in here, so I stayed.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
See, now I'm curious...

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you curious! *insert monkey smiley that covers its mouth* While I wouldn't mind showing off my new videos, the embarrassing old stuff is still on my account too, and I can't bring myself to take it down because there's people out there who actually enjoy it. That's why I'll probably never share my YouTube account here.

I‘m curious to know what novels she’s written!
Same. Third entry in a novel series? I don't even know about a first entry in a novel series!!! Do share!

I've been a writer ever since I can remember, and I started that particular novel series in 2010. It's similar to Resident Evil in structure as there are the numbered "main novels" and several side stories, which I call "novellas" to distinguish them from the main novels, even though they're not technically novellas in the literal sense of the word. And... yeah. That series has grown rather big! If I hadn't stopped working on it in 2018 for personal reasons, I would probably be writing the tenth book in the main series right now, but I've recently picked it up again.

I wonder what specific event brought everyone here? I remember I just got my PS4 and started perusing the PS Now games when I noticed the Revelations Series that I had never played. After playing through Rev 1 and Rev 2 back to back, I knew I needed someone to discuss this new and radical information with! And we have pretty good conversationalists all together in here, so I stayed.

Really just an urge to discuss one of my favourite games with other fans, although that only came up years after I started playing it. Resident Evil has been part of my life since the early 2000's, but forums like this one weren't really a thing back then (now that I say it, I'm not sure they were a thing at all?), and I was quite content playing those games by myself. I discovered online communities in 2006 or 07, I believe, but had lost sight of the RE series by then because my PC was too weak to run anything after Nemesis.

But time went by, I got a new PC after all, and in 2010 my cousin told me about RE5 and how much fun it is to play together. So I got RE5, played it with him, my interest in RE was revived… and two years later, I came here. There were other communities at the time that I considered joining, but most of them were too big and fast-paced for my introverted soul, with lots of rude posts from asshole members, so I ended up choosing this one because it seemed like the nicest. Till this day, this is my only proper RE forum, although I'm also a member of a Tomb Raider forum with an RE section.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't remember any specific event but I have always enjoyed forums and have met some really cool people on them (I still talk to people I met on a Saw forum in 2006 for example.), So I think I was probably bored and was looking for people to share a common interest with. It's pretty nifty when you're the weird one nobody wants to be friends with in real life lol. The ironic part is, now everyone wants to be my friend.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Nothing specific brought me to this forum either.
I frequented Alien/Predator forums before I discovered this place. I always enjoyed meeting others online who shared the same interests as me, seeing as I’ve yet to meet anyone else who shares the same type of passion for any of these franchises, especially to have in depth conversations on them.
I would say that RE5 sparked my interest in having discussions on the series.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I wonder what specific event brought everyone here
I remember that I was constantly searching on Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil Degeneration news on Google, pretty much three or four times a week. Then I just decided to search 'Resident Evil News' and happened across this forum, because back then it was residentevilnews.com. So I lurked a little as a guest and then actually wanted to contribute, so I signed up. I remember being too shy to make an introduction thread. :lol: So I just put a few messages here and there and stuck around. :smile:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@UniqTeas I could be wrong, because it was like ten years ago or something for me as well..But I grew up more or less without a computer in home until 2009, 2010 ish. So when we finally got one and I was like, 16 or so, I found the magic of Forums. Started with a Naruto one, then had this brilliant idea that if they had one for Naruto, surely they had one for Resident Evil. Found residentevilnews.com (what the site was called then), and started pestering the community as an annoying teenager who thought he knew everything despite being an internet noob. 10 years later they still haven't gotten rid of me.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I was super active on forums about a decade ago - for Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, and gaming in general.

But I fell off of them. When I tried to find my forum profile for the Resident Evil site, it was gone, so I ended up here instead. Plus, y'all are much more accommodating and social than the other forum I was on. Nepotism was also a good answer.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Put in a search for unique, quirky boutique hotels in Birmingham.

Google returns with Travelodge, Premier Inn and freaking Ibis Budget.

Couldn't make it up...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
“My worlds on fire! How ‘bout yours? That’s the way I like it and I never get bored!”

^What it’s like to be a Smash Mouth fan AND actually be enjoying 2020. Oh look. It me.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
DC is coming back strong. I'd rate some of the new trailers as followed:

The Suicide Squad 7/10 - Although it looks cool I'm not that impressed to be honest. I really dislike when people in a trailer keep saying stuff like "This is gonna blow your MIND!", "You don't UNDERSTAND what is yet to come", and so on. It comes off as cheap and fake hype. Don't understand what all the fuss is about really, but then again its not really a full trailer but just an inside look at some set pieces. We'll see what happens next.

The Batman 9/10 - Now we're talking. I knew Matt Reeves wasn't going to disappoint, and this trailer looks great. The tone and pacing of the trailer is pretty much your standard "grim gritty Inception-esque" type, but I suppose that's just something we gotta get used to these days. Besides that, based on those short clips Pattinson looks and sounds fantastic as the Batman, and Dano as the Riddler is just gonna be a treat to look at.

WW84 10/10 - Did not except to enjoy this trailer so much, but I did. It has great pacing and really shows what the movie is about in an interesting, exciting and funny way. Kristen Wiig as Cheetah is actually looking... badass?

Zack Snyder's Justice League 5/10 - How long was this movie supposed to be again? It looks like a 10 hour long TV series.. But then again I'm not a fan of Snyder so, I guess this is not for me. Good for the fans, though, I suppose.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
This week has been emotionally exhausting.

Started off with having to put my 14 year old black Lab to sleep on Sunday, and the first week of class has begun. It’s the third day in and I already feel behind and over it all.

As expensive as college is, it’s not designed for the full time working student.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
This week has been emotionally exhausting.

Started off with having to put my 14 year old black Lab to sleep on Sunday, and the first week of class has begun. It’s the third day in and I already feel behind and over it all.

As expensive as college is, it’s not designed for the full time working student.
I'm so sorry, @bSTAR_182. That's never an easy decision to make. I hope you're doing okay. My thoughts are with you.

With college - just take it one day at a time. Sounds like you've got a lot going on, so make sure you take time to rest wherever you can and be kind to yourself. You got this.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm so sorry, @bSTAR_182. That's never an easy decision to make. I hope you're doing okay. My thoughts are with you.

With college - just take it one day at a time. Sounds like you've got a lot going on, so make sure you take time to rest wherever you can and be kind to yourself. You got this.
I appreciate the kind words, Jen.
Just had a moment when I made that post. Heh

Turo602

The King of Kings
I must be the only person who loves 2020...

Let's recap:
  • Sh*tty Sonic movie
  • Pandemic
  • Underwhelming Resident Evil 3 REmake
  • All the good movies have been delayed
  • Nintendo hasn't given us a single Nintendo Direct
  • Riots
  • Resident Evil 8 is hot garbage
  • The Last of Us Part II was woke hot garbage.
  • Halo: Infinite has been delayed.
  • Robert Pattinson is still Batman
  • There's gonna be a sh*tty Resident Evil Netflix series
  • People are still f*cking stupid.

Top Bottom