• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
To quote Chris Ray Gun, "I'm pretty sure the 2010's will go down in history as the year that all the jokes actually happened." And this is no exception. The idea that you're going to ban a work of fiction, because of 1 individual in a world of 7 billion, is not only moronic, but full on manufactured outrage. We have life so good and so simple, that we now can b*tch about violent works of fiction that you have the free will to choose whether or not you'd like to see. What a strange time to be alive.

Same here. I played Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat and GTA3 when I was in 7th grade and below and I grew up on Romero and the Terminator films (maybe the latter isn't the BEST example, but it's still an R-rated franchise with fairly gritty, bloody violence and would still be R today, contrary to what some people think; no, T2 would not be PG-13 today, stop it), and I never once felt the need to shoot up schools or facilities and there's millions of others at the same or even YOUNGER age who've played M-rated games without any trouble (there's tons of kids who play CoD online and have their parents buy it for them every year despite the fact that it's an M-rated game FFS).

The only people who would EVER commit violence after playing violent games and/or watching violent movies/TV shows are either A)stupid and can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality or B)were already psychotic. It's like not letting anyone at all drive because SOME people out of billions are idiots and kill/injure others while DUI.

Here's an idea: instead of blaming violent movies and/or videogames for violence, how about we start at home and blame lack of mental care?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: I'm the kind of person who will help anyone if they need me to. I don't mind pitching in if someone is struggling.

However, people shouldn't take the p*ss with it. If I'm helping, you have to pull your weight too. This week at work has been so irritating because I got roped into helping a co-worker and essentially ended up taking over her project for a week. And next week will be spent catching up on everything that I've put on hold. So irritating.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
If I didn't know any better, I'd think there were a full moon tonight because of the clients I had at work today. I dealt with 6 different people back to back with overdrawn accounts, delinquent loan account and charged off account and a few of them got in my face because they couldn't simply walk in and have us cash their checks or withdraw their funds. You're not entitled to **** when you're on those terms, so get outta my face.
Also if I have to deal with one more person snapping at me because I ask for photo ID in a FINANCIAL INSTITUTION I might snap. :mad:

The funny thing is, all my coworkers agree that I attract the crazies.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If I didn't know any better, I'd think there were a full moon tonight because of the clients I had at work today. I dealt with 6 different people back to back with overdrawn accounts, delinquent loan account and charged off account and a few of them got in my face because they couldn't simply walk in and have us cash their checks or withdraw their funds. You're not entitled to **** when you're on those terms, so get outta my face.
Also if I have to deal with one more person snapping at me because I ask for photo ID in a FINANCIAL INSTITUTION I might snap. :mad:

The funny thing is, all my coworkers agree that I attract the crazies.
I feel ya...I'm in IT, and the amount of dumbass questions I've received today, have truly baffled me. Half of 'em, not even IT related. Like, why are you coming to me for help? If it's not about a computer, or a server, then it's not my job. Please...learn chain of command, or Liquidate your existence

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I feel ya...I'm in IT, and the amount of dumbass questions I've received today, have truly baffled me. Half of 'em, not even IT related. Like, why are you coming to me for help? If it's not about a computer, or a server, then it's not my job. Please...learn chain of command, or Liquidate your existence

I'm just about to finish an IT program. Also just got my Security+ on Friday.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Nice! Have have buddies who have gotten their Security+. That particular cert doesn't really interest me, but it's incredibly helpful in the job market, so nice work!

I'm trying to ultimately get into Penetration Testing. I'm going to get my CCNA first and then I'm going to get the PenTest+. That's the plan anyway

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm trying to ultimately get into Penetration Testing. I'm going to get my CCNA first and then I'm going to get the PenTest+. That's the plan anyway
That's almost exactly what my buddy is currently doing. I'm not sure what PenTest+ is, but going for his CCNA and certsin Network Security is his ultimate goal.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
That's almost exactly what my buddy is currently doing. I'm not sure what PenTest+ is, but going for his CCNA and certsin Network Security is his ultimate goal.

The PenTest+ is CompTIA's answer to the CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker). It doesn't have a prerequisite like the CEH, and it is only $350 whereas the CEH is $1200.

Edit: I forgot to mention the program I will be completing is a 'Network Security Compliance Technician' course/curriculum. I will graduate with $1430 worth of certifications by the time I graduate and lots of practical experience with tickets, VMWare, servers, troubleshooting, etc. I'm very happy with the program.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The PenTest+ is CompTIA's answer to the CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker). It doesn't have a prerequisite like the CEH, and it is only $350 whereas the CEH is $1200.

Edit: I forgot to mention the program I will be completing is a 'Network Security Compliance Technician' course/curriculum. I will graduate with $1430 worth of certifications by the time I graduate and lots of practical experience with tickets, VMWare, servers, troubleshooting, etc. I'm very happy with the program.
Hey! I use VMWare on the regular! That sounds like one helluva program. I don't actually have any certs yet. I'm gonna get around to it, but other life things have been coming first. I may hit you up for advice in the coming future.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm excited; I applied for an IT job that miraculously doesn't require experience and I received an email saying I was selected to participate in the closed beta for Project Resistance :D.
Hey! Who's the job through, and what're you gonna be doin!?

Top Bottom