• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
That sounds like fun! Since I work with Linux stuff I don't know too much about windows based IT

I know a lot about Windows. For the A+ I had to know the features of each Windows install all the way back to XP, along with how large the install is and their upgrade paths. I also had to know pages and pages of troubleshooting solutions. As well, I've had experience through my tech program loading and maintaining Windows Server 2016 and Active Directory. I also have my Operating Systems Fundamentals MTA and my Security Fundamentals MTA, although the latter is now kinda pointless since I got my Security+, which I had to demonstrate a solid knowledge of hardening systems including Windows and servers, but you said your buddy got that so I won't go to far into what that is.

I did take a short Linux course but I'm not that well acquainted with it just yet. When I try for my PenTest+, I'm sure that will change. I am familiar with CLI though and I know a lot of the common Linux commands as well as basic file structure and functionality.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: Just finished watching the 7th season of Arrow. What BULL$HIT ending is that? I do not approve!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Oh god! I am half way through Season 6 and my fiancee informed me she is done with the series - so now I gotta finish it and find out what that Season 7 ending is you are referring to. DOUBLE Yikes!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Don't you just hate it when you read a book and it's wonderful but it ends rather open-ended but the sequel just isn't up to par with the first book in any way?

I sometimes wonder if it is because of the time between writing the first and the second - leaving characters and coming back to them. And if that's the case, wouldn't it be better to write an epic all at once and split it into separate books upon editing to keep cohesiveness?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Don't you just hate it when you read a book and it's wonderful but it ends rather open-ended but the sequel just isn't up to par with the first book in any way?

I sometimes wonder if it is because of the time between writing the first and the second - leaving characters and coming back to them. And if that's the case, wouldn't it be better to write an epic all at once and split it into separate books upon editing to keep cohesiveness?

That is exactly how I felt about The Strain series. The first book is GREAT. The second book is GOOD. The third book is BAD.

And I went in to the series knowing Sean Astin was cast as one of the characters in the TV show, so I assumed he'd be the main character - but he was cast as a secondary character. So now I will always see Sean Astin in the role in my head! Tricky, tricky.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
That is exactly how I felt about The Strain series. The first book is GREAT. The second book is GOOD. The third book is BAD.

And I went in to the series knowing Sean Astin was cast as one of the characters in the TV show, so I assumed he'd be the main character - but he was cast as a secondary character. So now I will always see Sean Astin in the role in my head! Tricky, tricky.
This was more like I got a book at a book fair when I was younger and I loved it, I still love it even as an adult. A few years ago I going l found out that there was a sequel to it, which didn't really surprise me as the first one ended in an open-ended way.

I always wondered what happened to the main character. I decided to buy the book last year on my Kindle and stared to read... But the format was different than the first book and it didn't immediately start where it left off. It began with the ancestor of the main character in the original and that didn't interest me at all so I stopped reading.

I picked it up recently after re-reading the original. I skipped all of the ancestor parts to get back to the story from the first book but I feel like the author deviated a little bit and there were certain aspects I didn't quite appreciate. It started off well enough but the more it went on the more I felt it lost sight of the original.

Or perhaps it just didn't live up to what I saw in my head when I pictured the story continuing. Who knows?

What I do know, however, is that I'm even more determined to go on about life with the open-ended first book, pretending the second book doesn't exist.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
As a worker you could call it being deadicated? If you had been a student on "overtime" it would have been deaducated, perhaps.

I'm overtired and that's usually when my mind becomes creative like this lol.
No I love it...That was fantastic XD

CT: I'm part of a group that watches anime where we change the theme each month, and this months theme is anime based on famous literature. There's actually been a lot of them. From Robin Hood anime to Wizard of Oz anime, Romeo and Juliet and even The Count of Monte Cristo...But the one I'm watching for the month I found is an old late 70's anime adaptation of Treasure Island...So far it's been great! And I love that 70's art style...The animation is so fluid for being 41 years old...
MV5BYTYzYTRhZGUtMzEwOS00YTQ2LTlmMGItNzU1MWU0YzNhNTg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ1MjYzOTQ@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Just got back from viewing Joker and loved everything about this movie and really loved the psychological aspects. Very tragic story with some good twisted Joker bits. There were some great nods to Heath’s Joker. Joaquin Phoenix deserves all the awards for his performance.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Just got back from viewing Joker and loved everything about this movie and really loved the psychological aspects. Very tragic story with some good twisted Joker bits. There were some great nods to Heath’s Joker. Joaquin Phoenix deserves all the awards for his performance.

I'm surprised no one else has talked about this yet. I think they really nailed it, and the fact that it's so open ended and open to interpretation just makes it so much truer to the Joker character. The film is so grounded that you really start to sympathize with Arthur's journey because it feels real and can literally happen to anyone, which is kind of Joker's whole point in The Killing Joke. I couldn't be any happier with this film and I'm glad they approached it the way they did. It's honestly the best comic book movie since Logan.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm surprised no one else has talked about this yet. I think they really nailed it, and the fact that it's so open ended and open to interpretation just makes it so much truer to the Joker character. The film is so grounded that you really start to sympathize with Arthur's journey because it feels real and can literally happen to anyone, which is kind of Joker's whole point in The Killing Joke. I couldn't be any happier with this film and I'm glad they approached it the way they did. It's honestly the best comic book movie since Logan.
My interest in this film has been so low it may as well be a rip off savings account...But you guys have me ever so curious...I may go see it.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

Exactly, it’s a broken and corrupt system that fails him and you really can see why he snaps. Kind of sad how a lot of media outlets and some viewers interpret the movie a completely different way because it’s inspiring to make better and more genuine changes over anything else. And yes this is definitely up there with Logan. It has that raw, gritty and grounded feel.

@KennedyKiller

Turo602

The King of Kings
Exactly, it’s a broken and corrupt system that fails him and you really can see why he snaps. Kind of sad how a lot of media outlets and some viewers interpret the movie a completely different way because it’s inspiring to make better and more genuine changes over anything else. And yes this is definitely up there with Logan. It has that raw, gritty and grounded feel.

The media is just a total disgrace these days. Honestly, it's like they were trying to encourage a shooting by constantly talking about it. It's obvious some people are approaching this film with an agenda in mind because the more they talk about it, the more evident it is they never saw the film. It is far from being the most violent film or from even encouraging people to be like Joker as the film doesn't even treat him like a hero, and if that's their takeaway, then I think that says more about them than the film.

I'm just glad it all backfired though since more than anything, they just helped the film make as much money as it's making with the constant free advertising and the stigma they created around the film which is only gonna make more people curious about it and see what all the fart is about. Guess they got what they deserve.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The media is just a total disgrace these days. Honestly, it's like they were trying to encourage a shooting by constantly talking about it. It's obvious some people are approaching this film with an agenda in mind because the more they talk about it, the more evident it is they never saw the film. It is far from being the most violent film or from even encouraging people to be like Joker as the film doesn't even treat him like a hero, and if that's their takeaway, then I think that says more about them than the film.

I'm just glad it all backfired though since more than anything, they just helped the film make as much money as it's making with the constant free advertising and the stigma they created around the film which is only gonna make more people curious about it and see what all the fart is about. Guess they got what they deserve.

This, 1000%

It really did seem like they wanted something awful to happen because of this movie. Fake news lol

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am NOT looking forward to seeing hundreds of Jokers this Halloween. I would love to be a Joker, but there are always 1,000 in the streets.

My dream Halloween costume is Ganondorf - because of all the being red. BUT that is a lot of work to get the costume to work. haha

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
First time talking to a partiuclar girl, and we’re talking about how we grew up. I make some jokes about my mom and she says I “persevered.” How do you respond to that? I guess a normal person would have said something like “Thank you.” Or “Lol, no it’s no biggie.” Or maybe even be a little cocky and go “**** was easy.” But…I, being the very NOT mentally sound person I am, decides to say “I could just be Jeffrey Dahmer 2: Electric Bugaloo, trying to draw you in. “ And I’m reminded why I shouldn’t be allowed to talk.

Top Bottom