• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
@Jen I'm not one for cooking/baking but I do know a woman at work who loves it and she gets a lot of her ideas from Facebook and Pinterest.
Thanks Magnolia. I want to try something totally different but something that's not that hard, because I'm okay at baking but not that practiced. I'm considering key lime cheesecake. :smile: Liking the pic, by the way. I love Pirates.

Ah yes. A woman taking an interest in the kitchen, fantastic. Maybe start with some sandwiches and you'll have some good ideas later.
Make your own. My sandwiches suck, apparently. :smile:

mjk321

CT1: My mind has been abuzz with thoughts about The Last of Us Part II lately and I've been theorising like crazy. I'm so looking forward to E3 when I can see more.

CT2: Looking up interesting/fun/easy things to bake. I want to expand my repertoire from cakes and biscuits. Any ideas?
oat cookies, yum
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24445/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookies/
Madeleine:
https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-ma...leines-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-187109

not cakes, but fun:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/6882/french-bread/
https://www.marthastewart.com/312981/croissants

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It's not about whether they're good or not. It's the principle dammit.
I asked for baking suggestions and not sandwich making suggestions though, so thanks but no thanks. :)

Oooooh. Those oat cookies look really good, may have to give those a shot. From what you've told us before I bet you've made some of these things too, I know you enjoy cooking. Thanks, mjk. :)

mjk321

I asked for baking suggestions and not sandwich making suggestions though, so thanks but no thanks. :)

Oooooh. Those oat cookies look really good, may have to give those a shot. From what you've told us before I bet you've made some of these things too, I know you enjoy cooking. Thanks, mjk. :)
I did make oat cookies before, once though. but my mom used to make it a lot and I love them. I would love to make croissants but dont have a proper oven for them, even though I made French bread in my toaster oven

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Thanks Magnolia. I want to try something totally different but something that's not that hard, because I'm okay at baking but not that practiced. I'm considering key lime cheesecake. :smile: Liking the pic, by the way. I love Pirates.
I know the lady at work made the key lime cheesecake and it was amazing!! Don't know how hard it was to make but it turned out awesome.

Aww thanks. I enjoyed Pirates, up to a point, and then they sort of lost me. I think it was around the second movie that I started going :rolleyes: but I did enjoy the third one. Not enough to go see the fourth and fifth but I did enjoy it. The first one, however, will always be a masterpiece in my book. Amazing film with a truly great cast.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I did make oat cookies before, once though. but my mom used to make it a lot and I love them. I would love to make croissants but dont have a proper oven for them, even though I made French bread in my toaster oven
Did the oat cookies turn out well when you made them?

I know the lady at work made the key lime cheesecake and it was amazing!! Don't know how hard it was to make but it turned out awesome.

Aww thanks. I enjoyed Pirates, up to a point, and then they sort of lost me. I think it was around the second movie that I started going :rolleyes: but I did enjoy the third one. Not enough to go see the fourth and fifth but I did enjoy it. The first one, however, will always be a masterpiece in my book. Amazing film with a truly great cast.

I found the first and second to be the best, they were great. The third and fourth were a bit meh and the fifth wasn't that great in my opinion. But I can't deny that the actors in those movies are fantastic. I do hope they make just one more just to finish everything off (and tie in the end of credits scene from the fifth), but those movies are ones that I can easily sit down and watch anytime.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
CT: My room has finally been cleaned a bit.

CT2: I also got caught up with Voltron Legendary Defender. So my day's been productive, between the cleaning and watching that.

Cure Zombrex

When playing The Last of Us: Left Behind, has anyone conjured the imaginary fighting game, water gun fight, car vandalism challenge, all the other mini games and the entire chapter without losing any challenge or dying even once? If so, good for you! :biggrin:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I absolutely adore the trailer for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. I'm so glad its coming out around my birthday. And I can't wait for the Pokemon Switch game coming in 2019,

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
CT: Romero you need glasses. That last mis-read you did, right here in the forum, is so bad that you can't tell anyone about it.

Cure Zombrex

What amazes me is that we're 2 weeks away from E3. In fact, it's not even quite 2 weeks now. Yet why does nobody anywhere online talk about the remake of 2 much, or much of anything? This is why I kind of hate forums these days. They're all dying. Or people just aren't coming on forums much these days, so it's like you're talking to yourself. All aboard the hype train - the Ecliptic Express II. :sad:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Nobody is talking about it because we've been hoping for news on REmake 2 ever since its announcement in 2015, speculating whenever there was an E3 or a Tokyo Game Show or the game's 20th anniversary, and we always got nothing. REmake 2? I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm hyped for Sims 4 Seasons and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, two games that are actually coming before I die of old age, but I'm discussing those on other forums.

Last edited:

Cure Zombrex

To be honest, I'm far more keen on seeing brief footage of the sequel to The Last of Us. Nothing too overkill that it spoils it for myself, but at least something to keep us enlightened until it gets released, and hopefully soon.

For the first time in like forever, I'm actually looking forward more to a game that isn't to do with Resident Evil, or even Silent Hill. Konami to me as a company, are dead. Capcom are full of crap at times. They've did great games in the past, but they cannot hold their legacy to us forever and make us believe that they are paying attention to what we want. We demand quality games. Not this forgettable, RE Engine, Hillbilly, walking turd creature crap that they've been giving us. Oh, and even screwing up the one guy who had been fighting Umbrella and all the other scum since the very beginning, by making him look and sound like a pussy who aged 30 years backwards. Um, no. If that's what they're openly willing to do to Chris as a character, who is going to be next on their chopping block?

Crying is not Enough is coming out on Steam next week. That looks rather interesting. It is not coming to the PS4 however, until this fall. It actually looks like a really cool survival horror game. There's one other one too that looks pretty good, but I forgot its title.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
To be honest, I'm far more keen on seeing brief footage of the sequel to The Last of Us. Nothing too overkill that it spoils it for myself, but at least something to keep us enlightened until it gets released, and hopefully soon.

For the first time in like forever, I'm actually looking forward more to a game that isn't to do with Resident Evil, or even Silent Hill. Konami to me as a company, are dead. Capcom are full of crap at times. They've did great games in the past, but they cannot hold their legacy to us forever and make us believe that they are paying attention to what we want. We demand quality games. Not this forgettable, RE Engine, Hillbilly, walking turd creature crap that they've been giving us. Oh, and even screwing up the one guy who had been fighting Umbrella and all the other scum since the very beginning, by making him look and sound like a pussy who aged 30 years backwards. Um, no. If that's what they're openly willing to do to Chris as a character, who is going to be next on their chopping block?

Crying is not Enough is coming out on Steam next week. That looks rather interesting. It is not coming to the PS4 however, until this fall. It actually looks like a really cool survival horror game. There's one other one too that looks pretty good, but I forgot its title.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure EA is better than Konami at this point, and that's really saying a lot, too (it really, really is). After all their f*ck-ups and burned bridges, they finally appear to be listening to their fans by making a new 2D Castlevania, but then proceed to pull the rug from under us by making it exclusively for iOS. After all the buzz the Netflix series got and the pleas for a new Castlevania, they go and pull this crap? But this is Konami we're talking about, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point, they give us no reason to expect good from them in the year 2018. After all, this IS the same company who just tried to sell $10 save slots in Metal Gear Survive (as if it being a generic, joyless zombie game trying to cash in on the Metal Gear brand wasn't already bad enough by itself):

As Jim Sterling always says, Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst.

But anyone else looking forward to the Sonic kart racing game (Team Sonic Racing) that just got announced ahead of E3?

The more I read into this game, the more excited I am especially after how hearing about how disappointing Sonic Forces was. The co-op component sounds pretty cool. Plus, I hear it'll only be $40, which is tremendous value. And a Switch release? More awesome.

Top Bottom