• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Apparently Japan started this whole thing but for example i have sometimes mine odd crushes on fictional characters that could be nearly start of mutating into husbando thing, but well i normally live and socialize so it is not taking me off society.

Beside now for matter of thinking: Well writing an darkened in themes fanfic, its making me really exhausted as im well first trying on making something like this and well possible if i end releasing this propably it end on AO 3 more likely
I mean. I can really like a character to the point where I hope they live a happily ever after. (Or a miserable existence to the point of insanity. CoughBigBossCough.)

But good lord. Pretty much just shipping yourself with a character is both cringe and just straight up creepy. Gives me the shivers.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I was surfing around and just came across this:

left4dead_thumb800.jpg

Could it be? Left 4 Dead 3 is in the works from Valve?

YES PLZ!

RedPanda

4x the awesome
CT: It really irks me that there are people who think any music that was recorded in a studio uses "autotune". It also irks me that people think it's a magical tool that can make anyone sound like a good singer.

Peep

Something Horrible
I managed to get a PS1 emulator on my phone (Argh, mateys.) and I have Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 on my phone now. I also paired my PS4 controller with my phone for the best control. The horror will follow me everywhere now. :D

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Grr, I wish I could build more in Fallout 4. I had these big plans for my Boston Airport settlement but noooo, I can barely even decorate the buildings because of the size limit.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
CT1: I'm still p*ssed that I lost an hour. Stupid daylight savings. Time to go back to counting the days until we gain back that hour.

CT2: TFW you starting developing a crush on one of your friends and they are completely straight. FML.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: The worst thing about every game, book, movie, TV show etc. is the fanbase. If not even the Sims forums are safe from those conceited self-proclaimed elite fans insulting others based on their personal opinions and arguing what makes you a "true fan", then where can you go to talk about your hobby in peace?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
CT: The worst thing about every game, book, movie, TV show etc. is the fanbase. If not even the Sims forums are safe from those conceited self-proclaimed elite fans insulting others based on their personal opinions and arguing what makes you a "true fan", then where can you go to talk about your hobby in peace?
They're... they're fighting about Sims? What in the world are they arguing about?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda

Tell me about it. People are actually getting their panties in a twist over Jim Sterling's BotW review, even sending him death threats FFS. Jesus f'ing Christ, take a chill pill, he said he liked the game, but because he brought BotW's record-breaking MetaCritic average score down to a "measly" 97, he deserves to be fed to the hounds of hell apparently.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Hard to believe, right? But let's look at the facts: The Sims franchise has produced four games by now, and contrary to the opinions of some people who have never played them, graphics aren't the only thing that has changed over the course of time. The new games come with many new features and options that weren't available or even possible years ago, but also omit other well-known features from past games. Sims 4 especially is probably best known for some of the questionable and controversial decisions made by the developers, like not including toddlers and swimming pools in the base game even though they've always been there since day 1 (well, toddlers only came with Sims 2, but you get the idea), or including stuff that was already in past games, but limiting it rather than expanding on it (for example, in an expansion pack called "Get to work", you'd expect sims to be able to open their own businesses at home, like it was possible in Sims 2, but it somehow isn't in the successor, which is supposed to be the superior game). And let's not forget the one thing that just can't be ignored, no matter how hard you try: Bugs, bugs, bugs! Sims 4 is full of them.

In a case like this, it's only natural that every player has their own preference. Some were so disappointed with Sims 4 that they went back to playing 3, 2, or whatever they liked better, others are not bothered as much by the game's shortcomings, and still others (like myself) are annoyed, but still optimistic that things will get better eventually; after all, those previous games were not created in one day either, and required quite a few expansion packs and patches to get as good and popular as they are today. All of this is okay, there's more than one game for a reason, you can play whichever you like best, and it's also totally fine to discuss things that you wish were different, right? WRONG! Because some people think that only their opinion is valid.

On the one hand, we have the so-called "veteran simmers", who pride themselves upon having been around since the very beginning and therefore feel entitled to determine what's best for the series. As I understand it, "veteran simmer" was originally just a term to describe someone who has been around since forever, without the negative connotation, but just like "feminist", it quickly turned into a means of saying you're better than other people. On the other hand, we have the newcomers who have never even experienced the world before Sims 3 or 4, but still think they know better because they keep up with the times instead of harping on about out-dated principles, and many of them have nothing else to do than bash the old games and the ones who like them. Of course, there are still sensible people on both sides of the argument, but yeah, even simmers have an idea of what constitutes a "true fan" as opposed to... I don't know, a fake fan? And instead of talking about it in a civil manner, some prefer to throw insults around.

I've been a fan of the games since 2003 or so, having played all of them except Sims 3, but it's only been a few weeks since I first joined a Sims forum, and I've already picked up on the arguments going on behind the community's flawless façade. I don't get involved in them, I usually just ask my questions about game mechanics or help out others whose questions I know to answer, but it's still astonishing that even a "harmless" game like The Sims can cause that much conflict and controversy among fans.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I will not argue their policies as I don't enjoy them either.

And yes, while you do own the video, you do NOT own the content. So by all means it's fair. It's a crap policy sure. But no company actually had to allow this kinda stuff as you as the youtuber ARE profiting off of THEIR content. So take that away and everyone would be sending copyright claims faster than you can even say "Damn."
And to be fair. We have fair use here. But that may not even exist outside of the US. So again, they have no obligation to allow such practice. (Although this, I'm not sure on.)

It doesn't matter if they own the content or not as it's being used in a way that qualifies as fair use. Other country's laws need not apply since YouTubers living in the US don't abide by Japan's laws. Hell, Nintendo released and localized said content for North American audiences, so they're bound by America's fair use laws.

Oh, and speaking of America's fair use laws:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/107

7 U.S. Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Nintendo has no legal leg to stand on here, bottom line.

Decimus

I'm hypnotized by the sounds of the dance floor creaking ...I am addicted to the creak.

Cats can't ignore me. I move their soul.

Decimus

They tell me their secrets.

Sometimes I mistake a strong meow for the doorbell and that's when I know I've listened way too long.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
KITTIES!
Yeah, I get excited about cats.
My spring break is next week which means only a few more days until I get to see my cat again! It's easier to leave people behind at college because they know where you're at, but I can't really explain it to animals so I always end up feeling like I'm abandoning them.

Top Bottom