• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Congrats Daburcor!!
CT: I don't get it. I love horror video games, horror novels (Stephen King is a wizard I tell you), and my favorite TV show of all time is Buffy, and yet I absolutely refuse to watch horror movies. Even just seeing the trailers on YouTube gives me the willies.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm really excited about the new Marvel partnership with Square Enix. As you may have heard (or rather, seen), they already announced an Avengers game with Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal.

But that's not all. Apparently, Eidos are also working on a Guardians of the Galaxy game.

CU6c37rWUAAiURu.png

Too bad Deus Ex is being put on hold, though.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: Currently downloading Mass Effect 2 with EA's Origin client simply because it's free for the time being. I've never been terribly interested in this game and don't know if I'm ever going to play it, but it can't hurt to have it just in case, right? Especially if it costs not a single cent...

STEM_inhabitant

Are they good? The closest I've ever gotten to playing one is Danganronpa, so needless to say I don't really know much about them.

I love Ace Attorney games, but this is the first time I'm hearing about Danganronpa.
If you like the visual novel style of the game and solving murder cases, then I think you'll really like Ace Attorney. I think these are the main similarities between the games.

I think I'll try and get my hands on Danganronpa now... Thanks to you guys. A couple of minutes ago I didn't even know about its existence.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I love Ace Attorney games, but this is the first time I'm hearing about Danganronpa.
If you like the visual novel style of the game and solving murder cases, then I think you'll really like Ace Attorney. I think these are the main similarities between the games.

I think I'll try and get my hands on Danganronpa now... Thanks to you guys. A couple of minutes ago I didn't even know about its existence.
The Danganronpa games are amazing. Get the tissues ready.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Finally bought Resident Evil HD remaster. Certainly liking the atmosphere and the PC controls arr pretty good.

So here I am finally officially playing my first RE game!
Hot damn if the atmosphere doesn't remind me of the first Devil May Cry. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, given the history of that game eh?

Peep

Something Horrible
Feeling curious about Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. Should I get them? I've heard good things and I don't mind a good rail shooter...

What do you guys think?

Peep

Something Horrible
Get them! Get them! Get them!
They're so fun.
Would you still consider it fun if I was just using a regular controller instead of a motion controller? I'm gonna have to get it for PS3 because I don't have a Wii, and I'll have to use dualshock because I don't have PlayStation Move.

Can I even use a regular controller instead of PlayStation Move? I remember a Dead Space rail shooter I played with just my dualshock and it worked fine. :/

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Would you still consider it fun if I was just using a regular controller instead of a motion controller? I'm gonna have to get it for PS3 because I don't have a Wii, and I'll have to use dualshock because I don't have PlayStation Move.

Can I even use a regular controller instead of PlayStation Move? I remember a Dead Space rail shooter I played with just my dualshock and it worked fine. :/
Yup, I usually play with just a normal controller since I don't have much room to use the Wii and I don't have the Move.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Feeling curious about Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. Should I get them? I've heard good things and I don't mind a good rail shooter...

What do you guys think?
Definitely get them then. The only thing I didn't like about them was that they were rail shooters, so if you don't mind that they're definitely worth it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Okay, lemme just say that the combat in Resident Evil ****es me the **** off. Thank God the zombies are the slow walking kind, making just running past them seemingly the preferable strategy, cause otherwise it would have been unplayable.

Really liking the rest so far, except some mild annoyances like those door opening sequences (there's already a ton of backtracking, slowing down the process of just opening a door adds a bit of tedium).
The atmosphere is all there, the mansion is intriguing, the gameplay elements convey the survival horror well.

Looking forward to today continue it but too bad I need a good amount of spare time to play this game cause of that saving system, cause I don't have much of that nowadays.

Peep

Something Horrible
Okay, lemme just say that the combat in Resident Evil ****es me the **** off. Thank God the zombies are the slow walking kind, making just running past them seemingly the preferable strategy, cause otherwise it would have been unplayable.

Really liking the rest so far, except some mild annoyances like those door opening sequences (there's already a ton of backtracking, slowing down the process of just opening a door adds a bit of tedium).
The atmosphere is all there, the mansion is intriguing, the gameplay elements convey the survival horror well.

Looking forward to today continue it but too bad I need a good amount of spare time to play this game cause of that saving system, cause I don't have much of that nowadays.
Glad you're enjoying the game, it's one of the best REs in my opinion. First off, when you're fighting zombies, you wanna keep as much distance as possible. It's a good idea to dodge them, but if you do kill one (and you'll have to.), remember to light it on fire to prevent crimson heads. There's also a slight chance of scoring a headshot, negating the need to light the corpse. Getting a headshot is increased when you shoot a zombie directly in the head with a shotgun. It is a very good idea to clear rooms that you know you will need to take to backtrack to other points in the mansion, ignore any other routes that lead to where a safe route leads unless you need a puzzle item or some other item, because nearly every room will fill up with lots of enemies at some point.

For example, the first hallway you get the arrow head from is a route to be avoided. There are several enemies that will be in that room for a large portion of the game, and it is possible to take other routes to get to portions of the mansion that hallway leads to.

Hope this helps!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Getting a headshot is increased when you shoot a zombie directly in the head with a shotgun.

About that, are headshots random? Cause I did destroy a couple zombies' heads with the pistol but I was just aiming straight, didn't aim high or anything. Whereas other times they just died without having their head destroyed.

Peep

Something Horrible
About that, are headshots random? Cause I did destroy a couple zombies' heads with the pistol but I was just aiming straight, didn't aim high or anything. Whereas other times they just died without having their head destroyed.
Yes, headshots are random. The handgun can still score headshots even when aimed normally, and I'm pretty sure you won't even hit the zombie when aiming up or down with a handgun, unless you are either shooting at a zombie who is up a staircase or shooting a downed zombie who is still alive. I would imagine the reasoning behind this is because when a character aims the shotgun, they don't aim as high as they do with the handgun, so aiming the shotgun up and close may score a headshot, with a greater chance of scoring one, whereas the handgun can score headshots from any distance without the need to aim up, but doesn't have as great of a chance as a shotgun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom