• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
When I was in high school, I used to say things like, "I don't understand humans" or "I guess I am just above other people - you know, humans, in my morals", and I thought it was great being a different more highly evolved species --- but it scared my family a little bit, because that is obviously a grave step towards becoming a sociopath, and after some time of reflecting, I started really feeling like a human, even if I did have some higher moral values than some of my peers.

We're all human. Just some of us are different kinds of humans. Whether we're better or worse, it's all just an opinion really.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
When I was in high school, I used to say things like, "I don't understand humans" or "I guess I am just above other people - you know, humans, in my morals", and I thought it was great being a different more highly evolved species --- but it scared my family a little bit, because that is obviously a grave step towards becoming a sociopath, and after some time of reflecting, I started really feeling like a human, even if I did have some higher moral values than some of my peers.

We're all human. Just some of us are different kinds of humans. Whether we're better or worse, it's all just an opinion really.

Indeed there is truth in what you say. but when you think about it most of the time we label things we don't understand as danger, when we see someone do something or as what most people would say "behave differently" we label them as sick and take them to psychiatrist, psychologist or therapist. instead of taking the time and try to communicate with that person. when i say communicate i mean to listen to them and try to understand them.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I can relate to that. I think it's best practice to be able to understand and have open lines of communication. Sometimes, it takes time to decide whether abnormal behavior is a positive thing or could potentially be dangerous. I learned a lot about abnormal behavior because when I got my Bachelor's, I had a minor in education, so I had to take a lot of classes dealing with students or individuals who don't fit the normal model. I thought it was awesome, because that's kind of what I am too.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I totally agree about that. But sometimes what we think of as abnormal behaviors aren't really abnormal. Some behaviors are Influenced by other cultures. and that is one of the main problems because a lot of the people aren't opened to new ideas whither they are physical, Mental or Spiritual.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
What do I say when he asks me how I am other than that I'm good!?!?!?!?

Don't over think it too much darlin'. I've done that more times than I can count. Just tell him what's up and ask him what's up with him. Just be real :) Try to go with your gut feeling about things. It's probably gonna be incredibly awkward lol and there's not much you can do about that. One of you will break the ice..

This is coming from someone who used to be incredibly shy lol. Some people wouldn't think that just from experiencing the present day 'me' lol.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'm so nervous about sending a message that I'm shaking.
You can do it, Maddy. Just click send. He's shy too. If you don't do this now, you might never talk again. Do it...
I sent it.
I did it.
I can't believe I just did that.
Awww! wub
This is so cute :)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I had to look up who Christina Grimmie was, but... oh dear, that's so messed up! I can only repeat what Maddy said: What is wrong with people? As if there weren't already enough stars dying lately, there's no need to assist them. And she was still so young...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
There really needs to be better gun control. So many murders have happened because it's so easy to get guns in some places. How many deaths could have been prevented in even just the past twenty years if something had been done about gun control? Some people say "Oh, we need them for self-defense!" but they wouldn't need a gun for it if guns weren't basically being tossed around. This is just ridiculous. Some people say shootings are so common because mental disabilities. That's partially true, but if they didn't have easy access to guns, then they wouldn't be as dangerous. And if people are insane enough to go shoot people and doctors know they're insane and are violent, they shouldn't be walking around on the streets.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
There really needs to be better gun control. So many murders have happened because it's so easy to get guns in some places. How many deaths could have been prevented in even just the past twenty years if something had been done about gun control? Some people say "Oh, we need them for self-defense!" but they wouldn't need a gun for it if guns weren't basically being tossed around. This is just ridiculous. Some people say shootings are so common because mental disabilities. That's partially true, but if they didn't have easy access to guns, then they wouldn't be as dangerous. And if people are insane enough to go shoot people and doctors know they're insane and are violent, they shouldn't be walking around on the streets.

Many lives have been taken because of our stupidity. I agree having a better gun control may have helped preventing a lot of deaths. but many would go to use knives. Its a dark thought i know. but what we really need isn't a better gun control system. what we need is to find a way and take action to stop creating weapons as whole. i mean how many lives need to be lost before people start opening their eyes and see how much harm they are making?

As for the insane people in the streets. some people will deny and won't believe that a member of their family is insane. and they might argue with everyone about that.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's still not as easy to walk up to someone and stab them to death with a knife as it is to shoot them from afar. If yesterday's attacker had only had a knife, maybe Christina Grimmie would still be alive.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
It's still not as easy to walk up to someone and stab them to death with a knife as it is to shoot them from afar. If yesterday's attacker had only had a knife, maybe Christina Grimmie would still be alive.

Its possible. But according to statistics the numbers of murders were committed with knives is five time than were committed with rifles.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
And they would be ten times more if those knives were guns.

But are we specifically talking about rifles now? I was referring to guns in general, because even in the US I don't think everyone can own a rifle just like that. Anyway, where I live, the laws on gun control are much stricter and you don't hear about someone being killed every day, even in cities with a higher crime rate. That's probably not a coincidence. Guns make it way too easy to kill people, even masses, without getting close. For example, we hear about school shootings every other day, but I have yet to hear about a school knifing.

Top Bottom