• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EUGENE!!"
I'm gonna have nightmares for the rest of my life about that. I did laugh after I figured out what was going on when reading the terminal after I'd been killed the first time, though.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I am still butt-hurt about the cancelation of Silent Hills. I just wish I could have the script to see where they were going with that game's story. Ugh. :(

Airaku

Stray Jedi
That moment when you find out the guy who directed Léon: The Professional directed The Fifth Element.

What the sh!t.

Well.... I still have trouble in understanding how such a great mind created one of the worst films in cinema history. Probably the worst I've ever seen.

Lucy_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

My friends and I were laughing the whole time. Worst part is, is that I understand the philosophy that the film is behind and they got half right and half wrong and the explanation of time is so far off the mark. I was actually ****ed off watching this film because of all the "misinformation".

This makes me laugh every time!

bvgxbhucyaar_dp.jpg

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"

The average person uses 10% of their brain capacity. Imagine what she could do with 100%.

Biology, yo. About as scientifically accurate as Fist of The North Star when Ken says "The average human only uses 30% of their muscle mass. Hokuto Shinken teaches you how to utilize 100%."

Lucy is blegh. Stick to Under The Skin.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The average person uses 10% of their brain capacity. Imagine what she could do with 100%.

Biology, yo. About as scientifically accurate as Fist of The North Star when Ken says "The average human only uses 30% of their muscle mass. Hokuto Shinken teaches you how to utilize 100%."

Lucy is blegh. Stick to Under The Skin.

Both statements are true to an extent. Do you really use the muscle mass of your tongue, heart, or even your ass? Even with the muscles you do use. The key word is muscle mass. He's not entirely wrong lmao!

As for our brain. We certainly use a lot less than we think we do. On the contrary, most people ignore the fact that our brain accounts for everything. Every sense in our body, movement, electrical response, literally every aspect of our body communicates with out brain. This is one of the reasons our spinal chord is so important and can cause permanent damage to our bodies if damaged in the wrong way. Falling on your ass just right can put you in a wheel chair and make you lose control of your legs and even your arms.

KevinStriker

Both statements are true to an extent. Do you really use the muscle mass of your tongue, heart, or even your ass? Even with the muscles you do use. The key word is muscle mass. He's not entirely wrong lmao!

I don't mean it quite like that. Kenshiro uses Hokuto Shinken to absolute destroy people with a single punch, whether that means causing them to explode by hitting a pressure point or just killing them instantly with the sheer force of punches. In reality, f you were to use 100% of your muscle mass, your body would rupture from the flexing.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't mean it quite like that. Kenshiro uses Hokuto Shinken to absolute destroy people with a single punch, whether that means causing them to explode by hitting a pressure point or just killing them instantly with the sheer force of punches. In reality, f you were to use 100% of your muscle mass, your body would rupture from the flexing.

LMAO! Good point. At least the 1-inch punch works. It's actually due to the transfer of kinetic energy. Scientifically it is stronger than a real punch. Of course that is if a person can actually do it right and apply both the right angle and control of the wrist to properly allow the kinetic energy to pass through. If you do it wrong, it's like tapping a person, or you could hurt yourself. **** takes discipline, focus, and patience. It takes a lot of practice to be able to do this. It's almost more mental than physical.

The whole instagib thin that Kenshiro does.... sounds pretty unrealistic and humours. I've heard of Fist of the North Star but I've never watched it.

KevinStriker

The whole instagib thin that Kenshiro does.... sounds pretty unrealistic and humours. I've heard of Fist of the North Star but I've never watched it.

It's quite a bit less humourous with all of the blood and gore.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And being animated really does make all the difference. The live action movie from 1995 was painful to watch.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@KevinStriker The violence looks like it's done in a more comical sense. Much like No More Heroes. From what I've seen, No More Heroes is a little more violent. Errr... that could be an understatement.

You even find out that
you and your sister were separated at birth and the two of you dated and ****ed and ummmm well you find out she cut your parents into pieces and then you cut her into pieces. How fitting...

The game was Cel-shaded to avoid an AO rating. It's a really fun game. It's good. It's best played on the Wii since it was designed for it.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It feels like every cell in my body is protesting against being awake right now...

EDIT: Okay, so I was gonna blow dry my hair but in my tiredness I moussed it, and then I made a cup of tea and forgot to take the teabag out. It's gonna be one of those days. It's a good job my mother left me a sandwich for breakfast, I don't think I can be trusted to make it myself.

Last edited:

mjk321

As for our brain. We certainly use a lot less than we think we do. On the contrary, most people ignore the fact that our brain accounts for everything. Every sense in our body, movement, electrical response, literally every aspect of our body communicates with out brain. This is one of the reasons our spinal chord is so important and can cause permanent damage to our bodies if damaged in the wrong way. Falling on your ass just right can put you in a wheel chair and make you lose control of your legs and even your arms.

Airaku

Stray Jedi

Interesting.... he has some good points. He does contradict himself in the end by saying that we don't know everything about or brains. Perhaps less than we believe to know. I can believe this because I have an unexplained condition myself. I've had MRI's and tests on the issue and my brain is apparently more active than most. I also have extreme difficulties falling asleep or getting mentally tired. There's definitely more to it than that though. It's weird and I'd like to get to the bottom of this so I could sleep and not have this affect my life.

Also he should have mentioned something regarding evolution.

Overall it's a great video that explores some fantastic points. However it misses a few things that leaves holes in it's points. All in all it's definitely worthy to take notes of. Thanks for the video :)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Wow just learned that a girl I used to work with was in a fatal car accident and is now in critical condition. She had to be airlifted to the hospital while her friends were killed from being thrown from the truck...

I'm really saddened by this even though we were never really friends. Just awful to think this is how things went for her. Hope she pulls through.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: Feeling so sad for my sister. She's plays football and has done for the last thirteen years. Eight weeks ago she tore her rotator cuff muscle which is the muscle in the ball and socket joint of your shoulder. After eight weeks of physio she tried football training again tonight. She couldn't even run because of the pain. If this carries on she's gonna have to leave the team, and I know that that will really hit her hard.

Top Bottom