• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
You know, I grew up with three to four cats at any given time of my childhood, so I get really sad/angry whenever I hear about somebody killing cats, or any animal really, in cold blood.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
CT: This is kind of a creepy story...
I'm a really unlucky person. It's been four years since I was almost literally murdered by a guy that was obsessed with my family. He broke into our house a few times with a knife, tried to run me over with his truck, and killed our cat, and he thought for some reason we would like him... We got a restraining order, but he still followed us around, and he broke into our house again. We called the cops, but we lived in a really small town and the nearest cops were fifteen minutes away, but when the cops got there he was gone, and he hasn't been heard from since. I still get freaked out when I see a white truck... Sounds more like a horror movie, but it did happen.
I'm sorry to hear that. I see you live in Canada, and getting a shotgun or a handgun is perhaps out of the question? A baseball bat or a pitchfork may work too. I'm not saying you should turn to weapons of any sorts, I'm just thinking what one can possibly consider doing if the police and court system can't offer protection. You shouldn't need to defend yourself, but you shouldn't need to live in fear either.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
So I went to my assessed interview and looked in the door. I saw two men in there and was confused. Turns out it wasn't the woman who gave me advice on my CV who would be interviewing me. Instead it was my favourite two teachers. I was so happy. When it was finished, I collected my things, walked out and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Then I looked down at myself and saw that my blouse had fallen down slightly and my bra was visible, and might well have been for the entire interview.

Embarrassed is not the word.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't think I ever had as many bugs during one Tomb Raider playthrough as I had today. The scene where a freezing Lara has only one match to light a fire in the rain becomes a lot less dramatic when the fire is already buring by the time she gets there.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I'm sorry to hear that. I see you live in Canada, and getting a shotgun or a handgun is perhaps out of the question? A baseball bat or a pitchfork may work too. I'm not saying you should turn to weapons of any sorts, I'm just thinking what one can possibly consider doing if the police and court system can't offer protection. You shouldn't need to defend yourself, but you shouldn't need to live in fear either.

The thing about dangerous stuff like that is I have cats that play with and find everything. Especially my kitten. I got my birthday present from my friend yesterday, and my kitten literally ripped the package open, took the expensive necklace from it, and ran upstairs with it in his mouth. I really don't trust him. xD
A lot of people in my family were cops, so I have learned a few things, but I damaged the nerves in the whole left side of my body so any skills I've learned would be useless. It would be like I'm throwing noodles at the person.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
CT: This is kind of a creepy story...
I'm a really unlucky person. It's been four years since I was almost literally murdered by a guy that was obsessed with my family. He broke into our house a few times with a knife, tried to run me over with his truck, and killed our cat, and he thought for some reason we would like him... We got a restraining order, but he still followed us around, and he broke into our house again. We called the cops, but we lived in a really small town and the nearest cops were fifteen minutes away, but when the cops got there he was gone, and he hasn't been heard from since. I still get freaked out when I see a white truck... Sounds more like a horror movie, but it did happen.
I'm sure you can make a movie off of this somehow!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
CT: *sigh* my life seems so dull and uneventful. I harbor resentment toward my parents. And I have no regular contact with my best friend, so I really have no one to talk to. When these feelings pop up, like they are now, I just wish a mad man with a blue box would take me with him to see all of time and space...

...maybe I shouldn't watch so much Doctor Who when I feel like this?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
CT: *sigh* my life seems so dull and uneventful. I harbor resentment toward my parents. And I have no regular contact with my best friend, so I really have no one to talk to. When these feelings pop up, like they are now, I just wish a mad man with a blue box would take me with him to see all of time and space...

...maybe I shouldn't watch so much Doctor Who when I feel like this?

I barely talk to my best friend. She moved across the country and is so busy, she told me she can't talk to me the week before or after my birthday. Before I met her, I had no friends at all. I know how you feel. You're not alone. I'm not the best at making people feel better, but I try...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
CT: If you're going to lie, why don't you do a little research to make sure your lies are reasonably plausible first.

So I went to my assessed interview and looked in the door. I saw two men in there and was confused. Turns out it wasn't the woman who gave me advice on my CV who would be interviewing me. Instead it was my favourite two teachers. I was so happy. When it was finished, I collected my things, walked out and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Then I looked down at myself and saw that my blouse had fallen down slightly and my bra was visible, and might well have been for the entire interview.

Embarrassed is not the word.
Oh no, that's awful! Maybe your blouse fell down when you got up to leave? Were you getting the sense that these two teachers were feeling awkward at all?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Oh no, that's awful! Maybe your blouse fell down when you got up to leave? Were you getting the sense that these two teachers were feeling awkward at all?

I'm praying that's the case, but I did think that one of the lecturers was staring at my face too much. At the time I thought he was genuinely interested in what I was saying, but in hindsight I am wondering if he was deliberately keeping his eyes on my face because of my blouse falling down. Hopefully it won't affect my grade at all.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
CT: I just wished i could stop this vice of buying countless games ( wich i´m excited about at the time ) ,playing them for a short while and then stop without clearing them... (Evil within , Naruto Ninja Storm 3 , Kingdom Hearts 1.5 , MGS 3 etc )
What the heck is wrong with me lately???

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
A lot of people in my family were cops, so I have learned a few things, but I damaged the nerves in the whole left side of my body so any skills I've learned would be useless. It would be like I'm throwing noodles at the person.
Sorry, it can't be easy being injured. But some things are easier to handle. Have you thought about pepper spray? An electronic shock device could work too (if they are legal) but pepper spray is simpler. I don't think your pets could possibly trigger it, and it should be possible to find a safe place to put it anyway. There are also pocket-size alarm devices that draws attention in an emergency.
I don't know if this helps, but it's the best ideas I can think of.

I'm praying that's the case, but I did think that one of the lecturers was staring at my face too much. At the time I thought he was genuinely interested in what I was saying, but in hindsight I am wondering if he was deliberately keeping his eyes on my face because of my blouse falling down. Hopefully it won't affect my grade at all.
But their job is to judge your qualifications and a minor wardrobe malfunction isn't changing that.
If they were unprofessional and did let it affect your grade, it'd very likely be to your benefit. :p Relax, it wasn't your skirt/pants falling down.

Top Bottom