• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I was considering doing Vallhalla, but I always feel like it's a good idea to give Ubisoft a few months to fix any issues. EA too. lol

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Infamous console scalping group, CrepChiefNotify has 1,000+ next-gen console orders cancelled:

Good, scalpers are f*cking scumbags. The retailer(s) did the right thing by essentially telling them to f*ck off. Now 1,000 people can actually buy one at MSRP instead of being robbed blind by these pieces of sh!t, and I'll bet they already did.

dd2.jpg

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Two of my friends are currently playing Cyberpunk, one is using PS4 and the other is on PC. The guy using PC hasn't experienced any technical issues with the game yet, but both are praising the game's vastness and details. They are comparing it unfavorably to Witcher 3 though, saying that Witcher 3 actually looks and works better (but that game is a flawless masterpiece after all). They're also saying that the open world in Red Dead Redemption 2, another AAA game of the same caliber, is much better.

So I think I did the right thing by not buying it on release. I'll wait until late Spring when the price is down a bit and patches have fixed the technical errors on PS4.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Game Awards happened last week. And they were pretty much in line with my expectations. A lot of people VERY upset that TLoU2 received Game Of The Year AND Best Narrative (as well as a bunch of other awards), but I don't see how any game can really be compared to it. Even if you hated the story, the storytelling and visuals are far beyond anything we've seen in the entire industry. Hate the game if you want, but appreciate what the game gets right.

I think it was the best game of the year, but I personally think Persona 5 Royal was my favorite game of the year followed CLOSELY by FF7R. But maybe that's just the weeb in me talking. lol

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I was looking into Caveman Hunter: Rise the other day and it occurred to me while looking through all their promo just how much personalization is being milked in the current day and age. Their 3 amiibos all hide a special layered armor. And it honestly ticked me off so much that I don't think I'll accept the practice any longer.

Personalization should not be an exploitable luxury.
People can say how it doesn't affect the core experience and I'll call that a load of bull.
I did not put up with the bot apocalypse of TF2 several times just because the game was fun.
How the hell does one play when they literally cannot leave spawn from bots?

Emotes, voice lines, conga lines wack ass cosmetics that get you some genuinely funny responses.
When you have a terrible time playing, killing one person and then giving them the schadenfreude in their fat face is such a miniscule and sometimes petty thing that can make even the worse games some of the most memorable, funny, fun, and ridiculous experiences that you will never have if said systems did not exist.

I didn't stand those dreadful HORRIBLE patches of Overwatch just to play a game that went out of it's way to make all of my favorite characters trash.
I picked my trash ass characters. I give meta chasers what for, and I belly laughed the hell out of them to oblivion so they can see how little I give a rats ass about their tiers.

And the made that meta chasing trash every other game bearable.
Personalization I've come to realize has DEFINED how I play games ever since I first got into online gaming back in 2011.

If everything is so hellbent on making me hate it so be it. But NO ONE is going to take my own damn identity from me and make me pay for it.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Remember Nintendo's infamous anti-piracy messages found in several of their games (Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo Kazooie, and Earthbound, among others)? Well, I was just watching some more on YouTube and, while these are obviously fan-made, they look legitimately creepy and are well-intended, lol:

Imagine seeing this as a kid, but hey, anything to get back at pirating scum, right? Of course, it probably wouldn't help that it would sometimes be triggered completely by accident, which I've had happen to me before. I've had Sonic 3 & Knuckles freeze up and give me the "No Way" screen while playing, so I can relate, lol.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I've been hearing this about Valhalla. What bugs are people seeing that's keeping them from playing?

I started playing it a couple weeks ago and I haven't encountered any game-breaking bugs.
There are several story quests that won't trigger or the characters won't take you to the next area like they're supposed to. Aside from the little stuff like NPCs T posing.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Today I wish Rare was how it used to be and that they could have made Viva Piñata 3.

I know it probably wasn't in the works, but I would have paid whatever the asking price was for another of those games.

Might pop on Trouble In Paradise later on for the nostalgia...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I know the news of Silent Hill has been scant recently, but there was just that tease from the Silent Hill composer that Konami demanded be taken off of Youtube and then denied it ever existed.

Why would they do that unless there was something to announce?

In the Interview, the composer said there would be a big Konami announcement in the Summer. So I guess we will see.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I know the news of Silent Hill has been scant recently, but there was just that tease from the Silent Hill composer that Konami demanded be taken off of Youtube and then denied it ever existed.

Why would they do that unless there was something to announce?

In the Interview, the composer said there would be a big Konami announcement in the Summer. So I guess we will see.
I don't know how I didn't hear about this.

Too swamped in the house purchase I guess. This process is eating my soul.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - buying a house is a long and arduous process and it ends up distracting you from the rest of the World for a while. But when youre all moved in and set up, it makes the process feel totally worth it!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yeah - buying a house is a long and arduous process and it ends up distracting you from the rest of the World for a while. But when youre all moved in and set up, it makes the process feel totally worth it!
This is like pulling teeth. Its been on/off 4 times in the past handful of days. We were supposed to close today but now they have found issues with the seller's title and we won't be able to close for at least 2 months, up to 4.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Loving how beat em ups are having a resurgence lately. First Streets of Rage 4, then Scott Pilgrim, now this. Greatest news to wake up to today. Was hoping for something like this after playing SoR 4 and now it's real.

Top Bottom