• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
TMNT 4: Turtles in Time is my favorite of the genre, so this game has me super hyped!

I can still hear it echoing in my soul - Bury My Shell at Wounded Knee!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Loving how beat em ups are having a resurgence lately. First Streets of Rage 4, then Scott Pilgrim, now this. Greatest news to wake up to today. Was hoping for something like this after playing SoR 4 and now it's real.

Funny you should mention that, I just watched the Scott Pilgrim movie (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) a couple days ago. :cool:

But yeah, I sure hope it's good, we sure as hell don't want another Power Rangers: Mega Battle situation. I'm still baffled to this day how Bandai-Namco managed to f*ck up something so simple spectacularly. The only thing that game got right was the surprisingly well-done Power Rangers Theme.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
House of the Dead remake trailer:

There's that 90's zombie game nostalgia hard at work. With the same iconic wooden voice acting we all knew and love from that other zombie game from the 90's.

Day one purchase for me. I've said in the past the Switch's grip controls would work great for rail shooters.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Minimalists are so fussy in Passpartout. I've painted about a bajillion stupid 3 colour paintings and apparently what was "artistic genius" in Act 2 is "the worst crap" in Act 3.

Bunch of hunched over, suspender wearing losers...

Supersidedseb

Hello wassup I’m Sebastian I think resident evil 8 when it comes out is going to be amazing and awesome after seeing the demo elements of the game I say pretty good

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
House of the Dead remake trailer:

There's that 90's zombie game nostalgia hard at work. With the same iconic wooden voice acting we all knew and love from that other zombie game from the 90's.

Day one purchase for me. I've said in the past the Switch's grip controls would work great for rail shooters.
This looks like garbage. I can't freakin' wait XD

Also, started Village with my roommate. Enjoying it quite a bit so far!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Does ANYONE on here have any advice on taking on Plant 42 with Chris with your knife...I have died...SO much on my Real Survival Mode Chris Knife only Run. @Turo602 , looking at you for guidance.
There's actually a bit of an exploit you can do by the stairs immediately to the left side of the screen by the door. It won't hit you with poison if you're in the right spot because it ends up hitting the railing instead. You can just kind of chill by the lower stairs and take care of a few tentacles. The rest you kind of just got to move around and hit em. But it should definitely be a lot easier using the stairs method.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There's actually a bit of an exploit you can do by the stairs immediately to the left side of the screen by the door. It won't hit you with poison if you're in the right spot because it ends up hitting the railing instead. You can just kind of chill by the lower stairs and take care of a few tentacles. The rest you kind of just got to move around and hit em. But it should definitely be a lot easier using the stairs method.
So does the knife eventually actually sever the tentacles after they take enough hits? Lessening the amount of tentacles the plant has??

Turo602

The King of Kings
So does the knife eventually actually sever the tentacles after they take enough hits? Lessening the amount of tentacles the plant has??
I don't think it actually severs the tentacles but they do go in after 2 hits with the knife I think. That is if you used V-Jolt. After the stair method, it should be easier to run around and eliminate the remaining tentacles since there won't be so many hitting you anymore.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't think it actually severs the tentacles but they do go in after 2 hits with the knife I think. That is if you used V-Jolt. After the stair method, it should be easier to run around and eliminate the remaining tentacles since there won't be so many hitting you anymore.
Well unfortunately I didn't use V-Jolt. I didn't realize you had to let Richard die of the poison to get Rebecca to do that for you.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well unfortunately I didn't use V-Jolt. I didn't realize you had to let Richard die of the poison to get Rebecca to do that for you.
Then it'll take you some more time to defeat it but try to keep up the same method. Should definitely help you take less damage.

Turo602

The King of Kings
E3 has been a steaming pile of hot garbage. There were literally only 3 games that made it all worth it though.

Halo: Infinite looks absolutely phenomenal after last year's questionable showing. The improvements are night and day and the game just looks so goddamn fun and just so much more like Halo. I haven't played Halo multiplayer extensively since 3 and Reach, and not because 4 and 5 weren't good or fun, but because I don't really play multiplayer games too much. But after this, I'm definitely gonna make the time to play Halo: Infinite's multiplayer more regularly.

Breath of the Wild 2 had a small showing and while I wish we got more, I'm glad they didn't go overboard as we still got to wait til 2022. One thing is for sure, they've definitely made some massive and interesting additions to the original.

While Zelda and Halo are my top 2 favorite franchises of all time and I'm very excited for these recent reveals, there was one game that stole the whole show for me. Metroid: Dread. Holy sh*t. Metroid: Fusion was my first ever serious single player experience at age 7 and I've been a huge Metroid fan ever since, particularly of the 2D series. While we've had Metroid: Zero Mission and Samus Returns since, they were both remakes of older games. It's been 19 years since Fusion released and 15 since we first heard of the on and off again project Metroid: Dread. This has been a long time coming and it was easily the biggest surprise of E3 for me.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
This has been probably the worst E3 I can remember. And I think Turo really sold the highlights. But I guess this all makes sense when a pandemic slowed everything down and SONY refuses to participate.

The only game I am really excited for in that was mentioned in Eiyuden Chronicles which is a spiritual successor to the Suikoden series. I have also never played a Fatal Frame which could be fun as well.

SpaceOwlHoot

I'm excited for the Metroid and Zelda games and interested in Fatal Frame

...and of course the Village DLC...whatever that may be

I haven't really watched any other showcases other than Capcom and Nintendo Direct

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm in a bit of a moral dilemma, guys. I've been checking out eBay listings for PS5s and I've seen some pretty "good" deals, at least by scalper standards. The other day, I saw a PS5 bundle with an extra controller + Rachet & Clank, Destruction All-Stars and Sackboy go for $870 and I've seen individual consoles sell in the $750 range. That's "only" $142 and $250 above MSRP, respectively, not too bad considering there's asshole scalpers selling them for double or even triple their MSRP and people buying them up at these absolutely insane prices, but I've been pondering: at the end of the day, is it really worth it? Not only forking over hundreds of extra dollars, but contributing to and rewarding the scumbags for hoarding them off with bots?

It's not that I can't afford it, and believe me, I don't WANT to pay these assholes and essentially get f*cked out of a few hundred dollars in the process, especially with the reports of UPS/Fed-Ex drivers stealing PS5s, so spare me the "DoN'T bUy FrOm ScAlPeRz!!!!" pitchforks. Believe me, I'm right there with you saying f*ck these clowns, but with the PS5 and XSX/S chip shortages and all next-gen stock drops being online only, it doesn't look like I'll be getting one at MSRP anytime soon if I were to play the waiting game unlike the Switch, which I was able to get in store a few months after launch with all the scalpers hoarding/marking up all the online stock. The chip shortages are primed to last into 2022 and I definitely don't see this going away before that, no, scratch that, I guar-damn-tee you it won't, which brings me to the crux of the problem:

to me, it's just not worth constantly refreshing the online retailer pages (Best Buy, Target, Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc.) for hours on end, hoping I'll get "lucky" enough to come across a live drop that'll sell out in minutes or before I can even add one to my cart, and I've been scouting the stock drop alert pages, too, not that they were much help to begin with since they only report "expected" drops and usually not even with specific times and/or dates. The way things are going, it's either I pay up or wait it out another year or more. I don't want to be "part of the problem", but I don't want to test my patience, either, it's already been stretched far enough as it is at this point (I've been told "don't pay scalpers, just wait a few months when they'll be readily available", well, we're now 8 months out, and here we STILL are, just as I suspected from the get-go).

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It is definitely a dilemma. For me, no system has any game that makes me need to go next gen yet and they are still finding bugs in the OS for both consoles. I am not sure it is a need at all, but maybe in November or early 2022?

If this is something you really want, then don't let anyone deter you. I personally would not pay a scalper, but then again, I am not looking to get a PS5 yet anyway. But if you want it now and have the money, do the thing, and make yourself happy (even if it makes you mad). haha. Go through a trusted website if you do go this route though, so you can contest the purchase if they try to scam you.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I wouldn't buy it from a scalper personally. Mainly because I don't really care for a PS5 at the moment and f*ck scalpers. But also because I've had plenty of opportunities to buy one.

I follow Wario64 on Twitter because he always instantly alerts us on deals, including PS5 stock and honestly, it's worked for me with many similar scalped items such as the Metroid Dread Amiibo and Special Edition and more recently the Skyward Sword joycons.

There's a similar page dedicated strictly to PS5 alerts, so I would give something like that a chance before turning to scalpers. Eventually, you'll be able to secure one, but at the very least it saves you the stress of hopelessly surfing the internet for it.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Welp, it finally happened: I finally got my first real crack at securing a PS5 online from an actual retailer, and it went as you might I expect. I tried to get my PS5 Target order this morning, and while trying to check out, it asked for my password even though I was already signed in. Then after wasting precious time going through that (trust me, every second counts), it THEN said my card's expiration date was invalid during checkout even though it's literally the card I have saved to my f*cking account. Oh, but wait, it didn't even stop there: it then forced me to reenter my billing information even though it's, again, saved to my account, wasting even more precious time. Then when I tried checking out, it said cart was empty and couldn't process it. This continued several more times as I tried buying from other stores while mine was sold out.

Oh man, I'm so p!ssed, not only because f*ck scalpers, but I got royally f*cked over and might not get another chance for weeks in which I'll have to go through the same shenanigans again in order to finally secure one (proper). This stings so bad, not even gonna lie, and it makes it all the more tempting to go and buy a scalped PS5 on eBay. I'm still doing everything in my power to resist the temptation as I sit here typing this, but a part of me feels dead inside right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom