• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I cannot get past this boss fight in Hollow Knight. I've tried dozens of times. I hate this types of "git gud" games so I don't know what it being 2D would have made a difference. I am terrible at this.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I can't wait to play Tony Hawk! I am about 30 hours in to Persona 5 Royal, so I guess that's like a third of the game over.... SO it will be a long time before I move on. I suppose I will be playing RE5 next because I haven't played it in a while and it should be late October by the time P5R is finished. Loving it though!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Me last night: "I'm sad Hyrule Warrior's is more than likely a one time thing. I hope one day we can get Hyrule Warriors 2."

Nintendo: "I gotchu fam."

Me:" WHAT IN THE HOLY FU-"

I absolutely LOVED Hyrule Warriors so this is legit one of the best things to happen to me in recent years.
I'm so hyped for this game. AND Nintendo is hands on with the game.

I hope most of not all the other characters return.
LET ME SEE LANA and CIA AGAIN THEY WERE GREAT CHARACTERS.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
So I confused OOT 3D.... As adult Link I beat the Water Temple first so that I could get the longshot and have more general access to the map, then Forest Temple so I could return to child, and then I beat the Spirit Temple (for those unaware, this is The WAY out of order). Now, my game thinks I've beaten all of the dungeons because I don't have any dots on my map indicating dungeons I need to beat still, and can't trigger the Shadow Temple cutscene lol. I'm sure it will trigger when I beat other dungeons, I just found the entire situation pretty funny.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am not about 40 hours in to Persona 5 Royal and it feels like I am still in the beginning of the game. Loving every second of it. But man, is it a lengthy experience. Probably my favorite game of the year up until now.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I am just ITCHING to play Cyberpunk. Like, I think the last time I wanted to play a game this bad was when I had to wait for Death Stranding. 2 months and counting I guess, what'd be awesome is if they make a PS5/Cyberpunk bundle. Count me in.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
As much as the setting, story and general atmosphere excites me, I will be cautious about Cyberpunk at first. Mostly because I'm still not entirely sold on first person games, so paying full launch price for something that I'm not usually into would be a bad idea.

I mean, what's the point in having access to the most INSANE customization tools for your character there is, if you're not going to see yourself anyway?!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Timed mechanics in games are up there with QTE as among my pet hates in a game. Don't give me seconds to figure out what to do and then reset because I'm not fast enough... There is almost nothing that will make me rage quit more than when I am frustrated with game mechanics.

Fable 2 was horrendous for this - I love the game but the flit switches are horrendous. My character, maxed out in all relevant stats, is so lumbering and slow that when these highly irritating switches turn up (which can alternate in terms of required move to progress and also location), it takes too many attempts to get it right. Often the sequence is soooooo long that I am almost at the very end when one tiny delay with the movement of my character resets the entire puzzle and I am required to do it again. For a title that is often mocked for being easy, this is utterly frustrating.

If they simply MUST be included then at least give the option of recognising that someone just isn't getting it and offer an alternative to move forward... The main story should not be dependent on some stupid puzzle for progression. Make it optional, put in some sort of penalty... Whatever. But don't make it game breaking.

I deliberately pick easy games to play. If I wanted hair-tearing irritation, I would be playing Dark Souls...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am very excited for Cyberpunk as well. I also actively dislike first person camera unless I am playing an FPS, but I think with a game of this magnitude, I will definitely be ready to suck it up and play the game. Don't know if it's a Day 1 buy for me or not yet. Depends on how many games I have in my backlog.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I've never played a CD Projekt Red game before. The Witcher has never interested me nor have RPGs in general, but something about Cyberpunk has just really caught my attention. I was intrigued ever since the first reveal trailer waaaaay back when, and even though I'd prefer open-world games like this be third-person, I've never had any qualms about playing first-person video games and it honestly seems like a refreshing choice here.

The world they've created is so tight knit that it actually feels like a more personal experience that was crafted with first-person in mind as opposed to a game like GTA that was already designed a specific way and just added a first-person view later. The sense of scale when you look up at the skyscrapers is amazing and makes you feel so small, especially when everything else is so alive and close together.

It's not quite a day one purchase for me, but it's definitely one of the first major games I look forward to playing on the Series X.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
CDPR truly are special developers. I played The Witcher 3 and I can definitely see the work they put into it, but it was never interesting to me. When I played it I liked the side quests more than the main quests, and overall couldn't give really care for that game's world or characters as none of it appealed to me.

While the same is true of Cyberpunk to a lesser extent, I think I might give that game a shot just because I at least know with CDPR I can get a game.
Although now that it's mentioned I don't think I played a First Person open world except Dying Light before Cyberpunk

Turo602

The King of Kings
God of War Ragnarök. 2021 only on PS5.

I’ll have to find a way to somehow convince the wifey that we need a PS5

I predict that game will get delayed into 2022. That announcement reeked of desperation the way Metroid Prime 4 did when Nintendo announced it with nothing more than a logo and we still haven't seen it.

REX

The other Leon
I predict that game will get delayed into 2022. That announcement reeked of desperation the way Metroid Prime 4 did when Nintendo announced it with nothing more than a logo and we still haven't seen it.
Yeah I had the same thoughts, maybe a short vid or something would have been nice. Esepecially if you consider that they havent built it from scratch like they did with the previous one so yeah, should have had something more.

Well see.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah, I assume Final Fantasy 16 and God of War Ragnarok will both be 2022. But that will be a hell of a year for me if that's true. Especially if the RE4 REmake comes out in the same year.

Turo602

The King of Kings
So I've officially started my road to Red Dead Redemption II. We're just a little over a month away from next-gen and my brother managed to secure a Series X pre-order for me, so I'm finally revisiting the first Red Dead Redemption on my One X which still looks great even today, and even more so on the One X with its cleaner textures, steady frame rate, and 4K resolution.

I was worried this game wouldn't age well after how amazing GTA V was and how much more amazing Red Dead Redemption II has been looking. Which is why I wanted to revisit this masterpiece one last time before jumping into part 2, and fortunately for me, it's still as great as it ever was.

This game is actually the reason I never bought into the hype of The Last of Us, which was getting over praised for being a video game with an amazing story, but after Red Dead Redemption, that was nothing new to me. John Marston and Joel are actually really similar characters in a way and the story, themes, setting, and dialogue is so rich and far more intriguing to me due to its historical context.

After the latest backwards compatibility preview of the Series X, I'm definitely looking forward to Red Dead Redemption II, which was already said to run great on the One X, but is gonna load so much faster on the Series X. I've been putting it off for this exact reason after failing to get to it earlier, but it's about damn time.

I'm actually really excited about next-gen in general and not because of whatever games are coming out in the near future, but because of what I can finally play that I've been deliberately putting off for the Series X so I can get a much smoother experience. Games like Red Dead II, Jedi: Fallen Order, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Borderlands 3. It's great to finally feel like there's a benefit to having such a massive backlog of games.

I'm also nowhere near ready for the PS5, so hopefully, by the time I finish games like God of War, Days Gone, and Ghost of Tsushima, the PS5 will have slimmed down and dropped in price. It just feels like such an exciting time to be a gamer, and that's not even factoring how amazing the Switch has been for me and what's to come for it now that the PS5 and Series X are around the corner.

Last edited:

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
So when Age of Calamity was announced I was legit hella hyped because the day prior I said to my friend. "I'd love a HW2. 1 was so fun and even though there's a lot they could improve on the care, detail, and overall the fact that everyone bar 2 characters was fun to use in that entire roster is insane."

Then everything was going swell until the demo dropped and I found it that the game ran like absolute turd and that was disappointing.
Granted, not as much as in the same announcement when they said it was going to focus entirely on BoTW.
And well, I don't have many nice things to say about the game as far as the Zelda aspect is concerned. So I was less than satisfied and even became worried.

So then the game got datamined and I started hesitating because like If the game ends up improving on HW1, then I'd love it, but I'd also be spoiling myself but if it wasn't how I imagined and it did **** that I hated, I know I would be so disappointed and feel like it was a complete waste of money, and well, money is money. I don't like wasting it. So I dived into the datamines and well.
Good thing I did because all of my concerns almost to a 1:1 turned out to be true. I joked about this to my friend but turns out it wasn't a joke at all so big rip.

Man, on one hand I hate leaks and datamines and all that crap because it just ruins games and then people won't shut up about it and even if you want to listen to music alone it becomes a minefield to go online.

But then there's crap like this that saves you money because they just did everything you DIDN'T want in the game.

And so begins one multiyear quest to hope a game comes that I can enjoy with no strings attached. But it is frustrating that there's always something that just puts me off or is so substantial to me that it keeps me from enjoying an otherwise okay product.

I think I enjoyed Fallout 76 more than I did games from franchises I love unconditionally and that's pretty rough.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Can't wait for Cyberpunk. Even got my old Network Security instructor hyped for it when only weeks ago he told me he wouldn't play it haha.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Cyberpunk MAY make me break my "no buying day of" rule. I want to try it so bad and be a part of the conversation. Depends on if I have finished my current slated games (Hollow Knight and Borderlands II).

I did buy RE3R and FF7R this year since they are series I am actively interested in.

Top Bottom