• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
SH4 is a great game. When I first got the game, I immediately turned it off thinking it was 1st person which is a big turn off for me. But then I gave it a shot and found out you're in third person for the action segments and I have to say, I loved the game. SH4 gets a lot of flack for being disconnected from the first 3 games except in minor ways. But the story is very interesting. The symbology. The art. The enemies. It is all simply great. I don't think it is as good as the first 3, but it's still a legendary game. Is there a way to play it on modern consoles?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Well, the title has just been leaked for the upcoming Suicide Squad game from WB Montreal: Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

I must admit that title reveal piqued my already rabid interest in this game. An open-world, GTA-esque Suicide Squad game already sounds badass on its own merits, but throw in every single member of the Justice League on top of that? Holy sh!t, I can't wait for this game now! I might be forced to buy a 9th gen console sooner rather than later with this news.

This will still be an M-rated game despite the presence of the Justice League (which sounded like a sure thing before this reveal, it's the Suicide Squad, after all), right? Yeah, they might wanna lighten things up a bit because of the trio of Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman (they did give us a Teen-rated MK crossover, let's not forget), but they were in the R-rated Justice League Dark: Apokolips War movie and BvS Ultimate Cut and Batman was just in the M-rated Arkham Knight, though probably only because of The Killing Joke flashback and maybe the fear toxin intro scenes.

Not that it singlehandedly makes or breaks the game, but I'd hate to be robbed of bashing people's skulls open with Harley or stabbing/shooting people with Deathstroke simply because of the inclusion of a few characters (Deathstroke got nerfed in the Arkham Origins DLC because of the main game's Teen rating). It's bad enough we got a Teen-rated Mortal Kombat game (!) with no (real) fatalities because of it.

But let's be real about one thing: nobody, and I mean nobody from the Suicide Squad is killing Superman or Wonder Woman unless they bring Enchantress along.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Rocksteady is working on Suicide Squad, which for me personally is disappointing. I don't think anyone was asking for this game. At least not before Superman, which was cancelled, or even Justice League, which is what they were rumored to be working on. So seeing them here in this Suicide Squad game where the goal, at least judging from the title, is to kill the Justice League, feels like a slap to the face.

But, it is Rocksteady, so I'll take it so long it's good. If it's a single player game, I'll be really disappointed though, as this lends itself well to co-op. So hopefully they can deliver a cohesive co-op experience, unlike whatever that Avengers game is trying to be. But if it is a single player story driven experience, it won't be the end of the world either.

Not too excited about this project to be honest, so at least there's room to be pleasantly surprised if they show us something really good. But I'm definitely a lot more interested in WB Montreal's long rumored Batman game. Arkham Origins was really good for an Arkham City clone, so the fact that we haven't gotten one already from Arkham Knight is quite shocking. Whether they're sticking to the Arkham universe or not, hopefully they stick to the Arkham formula because those games have been by far some of my favorites in recent times, and I've definitely been missing it.

But the timing of this is really quite suspicious to me. Just when we have a new Suicide Squad movie coming, we're getting a Suicide Squad game. Which if rumors have been true, is something they've been trying to get off the ground since Arkham Origins to no doubt coincide with the original Suicide Squad movie. If we really haven't gotten a Superman game for the same reason we haven't gotten a Man of Steel sequel, then WB is trash. The Justice League film flopping could also be why we didn't get a Justice League game either, if it was ever real. Hopefully this ends up spinning off into a Justice League game at some point, but if WB is really having Rocksteady fumble through project after project, then f*ck them.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Rocksteady is working on Suicide Squad, which for me personally is disappointing. I don't think anyone was asking for this game. At least not before Superman, which was cancelled, or even Justice League, which is what they were rumored to be working on. So seeing them here in this Suicide Squad game where the goal, at least judging from the title, is to kill the Justice League, feels like a slap to the face.

But, it is Rocksteady, so I'll take it so long it's good. If it's a single player game, I'll be really disappointed though, as this lends itself well to co-op. So hopefully they can deliver a cohesive co-op experience, unlike whatever that Avengers game is trying to be. But if it is a single player story driven experience, it won't be the end of the world either.

Not too excited about this project to be honest, so at least there's room to be pleasantly surprised if they show us something really good. But I'm definitely a lot more interested in WB Montreal's long rumored Batman game. Arkham Origins was really good for an Arkham City clone, so the fact that we haven't gotten one already from Arkham Knight is quite shocking. Whether they're sticking to the Arkham universe or not, hopefully they stick to the Arkham formula because those games have been by far some of my favorites in recent times, and I've definitely been missing it.

But the timing of this is really quite suspicious to me. Just when we have a new Suicide Squad movie coming, we're getting a Suicide Squad game. Which if rumors have been true, is something they've been trying to get off the ground since Arkham Origins to no doubt coincide with the original Suicide Squad movie. If we really haven't gotten a Superman game for the same reason we haven't gotten a Man of Steel sequel, then WB is trash. The Justice League film flopping could also be why we didn't get a Justice League game either, if it was ever real. Hopefully this ends up spinning off into a Justice League game at some point, but if WB is really having Rocksteady fumble through project after project, then f*ck them.

A Suicide Squad game was rumored for some time as well. If they were gonna bring us a Suicide Squad game, one where you fight the Justice League sounds dope as hell. The potential for such a game is limitless and lends itself to so many amazing story and yes, co-op possibilities. It'll be interesting to see how they plan to kill Superman and Wonder Woman. It surely involves Enchantress, but I'm just dying to see exactly how it plays out. Please don't nerf the 'Squad like you did the fatalities in MK vs. DC with their inclusion, that's all I ask.

But yeah, the fact that we still don't have an open-world Superman game is a cardinal sin at this point.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I love mods, I love being able to add them to games, I love playing them...but why oh why do some creators think it unnecessary to explain how they work??

I mean, I can do X Y and Z in Minecraft due to mods. But some of the most complicated and convoluted ones come with ZERO information on Curseforge and it's all one big guessing game.

Don't be lazy and leave it up to players to ask and ask and ask what the hell they are supposed to do; save us all the grief by providing at least a starting point of reference.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
@Angel Oh God, yes! I've run into this problem so many times! It's like some modders make their mods only for other modders, and every time I'm like, dude, if I was good enough at this $hit to not need any instructions, I would make my own mods and not put up with yours!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am excited for a potential Suicide Squad game. But I agree - it is disappointing that is the direction they're going. Arkham Knight has a cliffhanger ending I was hoping to explore - maybe a Nightwing, Robin, or Knightfall storyline could have followed. But it's not like I don't think the Suicide Squad game could potentially be great. I am playing Injustice 2 right now for the first time and I am hot and heavy for more quality DC material.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I am excited for a potential Suicide Squad game. But I agree - it is disappointing that is the direction they're going. Arkham Knight has a cliffhanger ending I was hoping to explore - maybe a Nightwing, Robin, or Knightfall storyline could have followed. But it's not like I don't think the Suicide Squad game could potentially be great. I am playing Injustice 2 right now for the first time and I am hot and heavy for more quality DC material.

Arkham Knight had a cliffhanger ending? Seemed pretty final to me. I think making a Batman game without Bruce Wayne as Batman would be a huge mistake. Which is what I think WB was doing at one point after Arkham Knight. But whatever their new Batman game ends up being, I hope it establishes a different universe so they're not tied down by the Arkham franchise.

I loved Injustice 2. Especially being able to play as the Ninja Turtles. Capcom has been a little disappointing on the fighting game front this gen, but Injustice 2 is by far my favorite fighter since Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Arkham Knight had a cliffhanger ending? Seemed pretty final to me. I think making a Batman game without Bruce Wayne as Batman would be a huge mistake. Which is what I think WB was doing at one point after Arkham Knight. But whatever their new Batman game ends up being, I hope it establishes a different universe so they're not tied down by the Arkham franchise.

Actually, if you watch the post-credits scene, you'll know that it DOES leave the door open for more sequels because:

Bruce isn't dead.

But rumor has it the next Arkham game was gonna be an older Bruce mentoring a younger Batman a la Batman Beyond. Not sure if it was Terry McGuiness, but I remember reading it was something to that effect. Not sure if that's the plan, anymore, but it could've been interesting.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Actually, if you watch the post-credits scene, you'll know that it DOES leave the door open for more sequels because:

Bruce isn't dead.

But rumor has it the next Arkham game was gonna be an older Bruce mentoring a younger Batman a la Batman Beyond. Not sure if it was Terry McGuiness, but I remember reading it was something to that effect. Not sure if that's the plan, anymore, but it could've been interesting.

Yes, but the ending itself is reminiscent to that of The Dark Knight Returns or The Dark Knight Rises. Rocksteady was clearly shutting the door on the franchise since they said it would be their last game in the series.

Yeah, a lot of the rumors seemed to be saying Damian Wayne was gonna be Batman in the next game, which wouldn't make too much sense to me since he was never introduced in the games, but also, because a Batman game about someone else just doesn't appeal to me and honestly, I don't think it would appeal to anyone else who isn't a hardcore comic book fan either.

But it seems they have stepped away from that concept since they've been heavily teasing a Court of Owls related story and possibly even co-op, which could be the case if the rumored title of Gotham Knights is true. But we're supposed to hear stuff about it tomorrow supposedly and there isn't much longer til the DC Fandome, so we'll find out soon enough.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
If I had to play as a non-Bruce Wayne Batman, I'd prefer it to be Dick Grayson. But I assume that WB Montreal has some sort of play to reintroduce Bruce Wayne after the big ending of Arkham Knight. Now that the world thinks Bruce Wayne is gone, I wonder what the next iteration might even look like. It seems like they will be doing some sort of Arkham continuation as well with Gotham Knights if that is in fact real.

Can't get my hopes up again! Arkham Crisis nearly killed me. haha

EDIT: They have this trippy new website up. Go to https://www.r3dakt3d.com/ and click and hold. When you get the chance to enter a prompt, type in 761. You will see a clumsy photo of what looks like Gotham City and an arrow pointing to a specific building. More to come.

Turo602

The King of Kings
As disappointed as I am that we're not getting a Batman game, I'm actually okay with this. I love the Bat-Family and as long as no one is trying to fill in for Batman, it could be good. The game can be played solo or in 2 player co-op, which excites me the most. Also, looks like it'll be a soft reboot as well. They're clearly using Arkham Knight as a jumping off point but it does seem to be a separate universe.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I liked the Batman Gotham Knights trailer and I can't wait for the Suicide Squad game reveal, although I hate how he's apparently not in the Suicide Squad game despite him being one of the most prominent members of the Justice League because WB didn't want their golden goose to get bashed around when he's not even IN the new Batman game (as a playable character, anyway). It just seems stupid and counterproductive to short end one of your games like that when it does no favors for either side seeing how he's not (prominently) in the new Batman game, anyway.

Oh and it's definitely a sequel to Arkham Knight. It picks up right where AK left off with the Bruce suicide ruse. He's pulling a Dark Knight Returns and faking his death to "cover up" for sure.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I liked the Batman Gotham Knights trailer and I can't wait for the Suicide Squad game reveal, although I hate how he's apparently not in the Suicide Squad game despite him being one of the most prominent members of the Justice League because WB didn't want their golden goose to get bashed around when he's not even IN the new Batman game (as a playable character, anyway). It just seems stupid and counterproductive to short end one of your games like that when it does no favors for either side seeing how he's not (prominently) in the new Batman game, anyway.

Oh and it's definitely a sequel to Arkham Knight. It picks up right where AK left off with the Bruce suicide ruse. He's pulling a Dark Knight Returns and faking his death to "cover up" for sure.

It's not. The circumstances are definitely similar to Arkham Knight, but it's been confirmed to not be in canon with the Arkham series. Batman even says Gordon is dead and that the police aren't on their side anymore. So that pretty much separates it from Arkham Knight's ending. Not to mention, Barbara isn't paralyzed.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Don't know how to feel about this yet. It's just a CG trailer and it's still years away, so the announcement seems a bit premature. Though the way they're highlighting Metropolis and Superman just really makes me sour because I get the feeling they just repurposed their Superman game into Suicide Squad.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
It's not. The circumstances are definitely similar to Arkham Knight, but it's been confirmed to not be in canon with the Arkham series. Batman even says Gordon is dead and that the police aren't on their side anymore. So that pretty much separates it from Arkham Knight's ending. Not to mention, Barbara isn't paralyzed.

Pretty stupid of them then to carry on the Batman is dead storyline from Arkham Knight, even using the same news clip of his "death" in the trailer when it's not a continuation of said game. Then again, they also said they wouldn't include Batman in the Suicide Squad game because they didn't want to see their top hero bashed around despite it being in a separate universe and it wouldn't have hurt him, anyway seeing how he's not even playable in Gotham Knights, yet WB had no problem showing him get moped by Darkseid (not even his minions, but by Darkseid himself) in Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.

Oh and the Suicide Squad trailer had blood splatters and and a well-placed F-bomb at the end, so that answers THAT question, I guess. I think it looks pretty cool, but yeah, it definitely looks like they repurposed the Superman game into this, which I would've much rather had, especially if there's no Batman. Not having Batman, one of the most prominent members of the Justice League in a game about the Suicide Squad hunting down and kidnapping/killing the Justice League sounds almost as baffling as Marvel omitting the X-Men from Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Note to self: when revisiting an old game, remember why you stopped playing in the first place.

Then you won't be horribly traumatised when the same thing that put you off the first time happens again.

And again.

And again.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Pretty stupid of them then to carry on the Batman is dead storyline from Arkham Knight, even using the same news clip of his "death" in the trailer when it's not a continuation of said game. Then again, they also said they wouldn't include Batman in the Suicide Squad game because they didn't want to see their top hero bashed around despite it being in a separate universe and it wouldn't have hurt him, anyway seeing how he's not even playable in Gotham Knights, yet WB had no problem showing him get moped by Darkseid (not even his minions, but by Darkseid himself) in Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.

Did they really say that? I saw that stated in a leak but honestly, Batman's absence makes complete sense since the Suicide Squad game is still in the same universe as the Arkham games. Batman is already dead as far as the world knows and they know he was Bruce Wayne, so him coming back would make the whole Knightfall Protocol meaningless. Who is the Suicide Squad gonna look for anyway? He's become a complete myth. Though, I'm pretty sure Deadshot was a white guy in Arkham City, so who knows WTF they're doing anyway.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Did they really say that? I saw that stated in a leak but honestly, Batman's absence makes complete sense since the Suicide Squad game is still in the same universe as the Arkham games. Batman is already dead as far as the world knows and they know he was Bruce Wayne, so him coming back would make the whole Knightfall Protocol meaningless. Who is the Suicide Squad gonna look for anyway? He's become a complete myth. Though, I'm pretty sure Deadshot was a white guy in Arkham City, so who knows WTF they're doing anyway.

It was in the leaks before the game was revealed, but yeah, the fact that the Suicide Squad game is in continuity with Arkham Knight and the game where Batman is presumed dead and you pick up playing as the Bat Family isn't just further highlights how "confusing" WB's decisions are sometimes. Like I said, not having Batman, one of the most prominent members of the Justice League in a game about literally hunting down and killing the Justice League members as the Suicide Squad makes about as much sense as Marvel leaving the X-Men out of MvCI.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well - in ONE of these games - Batman is coming back from the dead. Or not even dead. Probably in both. lol.

Gotham Knights looks amazing, continuity issues aside. The Gameplay Trailer made me really excited to play it. It looks to build on the gameplay of the Arkham games and I love the character designs. I hope there is a lot of distinction between the characters, but that there aren't too many character specific collectibles. I LOVE picking up Riddler Trophies in the the Arkham games, but having to figure out which character I have to switch to to knab the latest collectible will certainly test my patience A LA Donkey Kong 64. haha.

Haven't seen enough of Suicide Squad to know how much I want to play it. I mean, I will definitely be buying it and giving it a shot. But I feel like the presentation for Gotham Knights was much grander and felt more akin to what I am looking for. But then again, fighting an evil Superman with a rag tag group of regular folks is always a fun time. I predict this game will be more about FUN similar to Marvel's Spiderman rather than being closer to the Arkham games. But as more comes out, we'll see.

Top Bottom