• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I recently bought Doom and Yakuza.

It's kinda funny, I'm not into hardcore blood and gore, metal, or over the top Japanese nonsense but those games are just hilarious.
Angry Japanese yelling noises as you smash someone's face with a bench, or just yeet him into a river.

Then with Doom you're just crack, snap, stomp, squish, so many heads and the plot happens and Doomguy just couldn't give less of a **** because he has none to give. He just wants to kill demons and that's just an eternal mood.

Nice cathartic fun. It's so difficult to find games like that nowadays. Perhaps that's why I actually like them.
Still, gonna enjoy them to the fullest extent.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I recently bought Doom and Yakuza.

It's kinda funny, I'm not into hardcore blood and gore, metal, or over the top Japanese nonsense but those games are just hilarious.
Angry Japanese yelling noises as you smash someone's face with a bench, or just yeet him into a river.

Which Yakuza did you play? There's several

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
They lady friend and I started playing the new Blair Witch horror game last night. It seems like it has potential, but so fair I'm a little underwhelmed. The combat is incredibly lame, and it keeps glitching. Atompshere is GREAT, but gameplay can't decide if it wants to be like Outlast or like Slender

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've been looking ahead at the next six months and I've decided that it's going to be six months of zombies, ending with my two most highly anticipated games this year.

I've recently been playing World War Z and still have stuff to do with that, I've played Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare and I'm currently playing Days Gone. Then it'll be onto Resident Evil 3 Remake and finally ending with a game that I believe I'm more hyped for than I have been for any other game: The Last of Us Part II.

I'm not saying that I'm not going to be playing other things on the side, but it just seems a fitting time to get to some serious zombie slaying to build my hype.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Breaking news: Bethesda did the most Bethesda thing possible and botched DRM for Doom Eternal:

LOL, sorry, I'm dying, I can't stop laughing. Bethesda has to be an epic troll job at this point, I refuse to believe any publisher could be this incompetent (notice I said incompetent, not scummy: EA, Acti, Ubi, etc., though they are that, too). They continue to do the thing people constantly gave them sh!t for doing time and again, and then they can't even get THAT right, TROLOL.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why the hell is everyone freakin' out about the damn umpteenth Assassin's Creed game, when Pokemon Snap 2 hasn't even come out in the last 21 years. That's the sequel we REALLY need.

Mr.R

It's been a while since I played an Assassin's Creed game. I have some of the games, that I bought when they were cheap, but I always find something more interesting that takes precedent over it on my "to-play" list.

That being said, I didn't got very much hyped at the AC Valhalla trailer. It looked so...generic, as far as viking goes. But then again, there was no gameplay, so maybe I'm being unfair. Yet, the only thing they gave us was that trailer, and it looked awfully generic.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I will enjoy AC Valhalla for sure.

But IF THEY MADE A POKEMON SNAP 2 - I would ACTUALLY buy a Switch for that game. That is a game that deserves a sequel after all this time. I have actually created a script for a fan sequel with maps and pokemon locations, pokemon partners, and upgrades. And this was kind of recently - within the last 5 years. haha.

Going to start AC Odyssey soon after I finish (maybe) the Platinum on FF7R.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I went back to try to get the RE3 platinum now that I now I can get the irl and maybe not have an aneurism before I get the Inferno S rank. Then I want to get FFVII done. After that who knows.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I will enjoy AC Valhalla for sure.

But IF THEY MADE A POKEMON SNAP 2 - I would ACTUALLY buy a Switch for that game. That is a game that deserves a sequel after all this time. I have actually created a script for a fan sequel with maps and pokemon locations, pokemon partners, and upgrades. And this was kind of recently - within the last 5 years. haha.

Going to start AC Odyssey soon after I finish (maybe) the Platinum on FF7R.
Now this sounds god damned amazing....

Awebb

I have been playing console games and PC games long before Achievements and Trophies were a thing and have not stopped ever since, but I must admit I don't have a single platinum trophy. There was always something idiotic that requires a grind or weird play style or one missing thing that I missed on a blind playthrough.

Then there are games with defunct achievements. I will never have a proper FF15 trophy list, because the comerades DLC is now a separate game. Almost all achievements with online requirements are semi-impossible to get, especially "play a round with another player who already has this achievement" kind of crap.

My biggest gripe is the inability to delete a set of trophies and do it all over again without creating a new account or simply to get rid of a game I played for 10 minutes and immediately dropped it. I now it'd mess up global stats, but it really feels like the feature is not meant for the player but as a plain gaming metric system, which has been opened to the player as a feature, so we don't rise up against the platforms due to privacy concerns.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That feeling of getting the trophy to pop is really addictive for me. I went through a gaming lull in the PS3/XBOX360 years. I played games, but I would finish maybe 1 game every 2 to 3 months. When I got my PS4 and the trophies started piling up, I started getting way back in to gaming. I know they existed in the previous generation, so I can't explain it. But yeah, I am always hunting trophies now. Once I finish a game, I look through the trophy list to see what I missed and what I could have done better. Sometimes, you are so CLOSE to that Platinum, it is worth going through again. This is what happened with RE3R. I have never sought out trophies in a Resident Evil game because some of them are too ridiculous. But RE3R created a path that wasn't too ridiculous. And thanks to the coins for purchase, the Platinum wasn't all that hard to get.

I wouldn't delete any trophies. But I would like to see ghost trophies appear when I complete the game again. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I love trophy hunting. I'm competitive and a collector so it's right up my alley. Anymore I look at the trophy list as soon as I load up the game so I can start planning the most efficient way to earn the Platinum. That being said I rarely go for platinums on games that require being the best in a multiplayer setting because I don't have the time to designate for that when I work 45hrs per week.

Awebb

I wouldn't delete any trophies. But I would like to see ghost trophies appear when I complete the game again. haha

The strange thing: I loved the trophy system in Xenoblade Chronicles. The Wii didn't have an achievement system, so the game tracked them in your save file and they were unique to that save file. Maybe some sort of "Trophy Round 2" feature, where you can pretend to start from the scratch could fix that.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That would be dope Awebb. I don't want to lose my trophies, but I love that pump of dopamine that slaps the top of my skull when a trophy pops. Especially when I didn't know I was going to get one! Or when I know it is going to happen... but then it takes too long to pop, and then after a ridiculous amount of time, it appears and I am THANKFUL it is not bugged.

My most proud trophies are the Platinums for God Of War (2018), Kingdom Hearts III, Horizon Zero Dawn, and because it is so new, the Platinum for RE3R.

You can view my trophies at psnprofiles.com and type in my PS Username: TeaGuru12. Feel free to add me anyone else who wants to. I do love seeing what Rain611 is up to all the time. haha

Top Bottom