• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unpopular Opinions

mert20004

For me; the main features that made resident evil games over the top right from the start are biohazard incidents, viruses, experiments, monsters and characters doing and surviving impossible odds. This was always the case starting with the 1st game and ı liked this progression from re0 to all the way up to re6. Re7 badly messed with this imo when it comes to this.

Also ı wouldnt call the over the top sequences of re games, especially later ones stupid. I would use that statement for things that messes up storyline. Which are mostly available in re7, that game is a giant plot hole, not being a sequel to re6 and other re games storywise for example is one big plot hole to me. I know all re games have missed potentials here and there but they are small and easily ignorable. But not for re7 unfortunately, ugh...

I think the over the top sequences are simply fiction and fun features of re, not stupid.

I'm gonna quote tgbs as well cause ı agree with him when it comes to re6:

" Above all else, something re6 stays true to is the optimistic themes and cheeky charisma typical of in-house capcom productions and the resident evil series as a whole. Loads of games give us human drama, nightmare like situations and horrific circumstances but few still remain bold enough to present such scenarios and end without a hint of cynicism. That we can overcome and our trials are worth the effort; do the impossible, see the invisible, rah-rah-rah, fight the power! And ı think this was always the message even with the older resident evil games. Survive, kick ass and come out on top in a blaze of glory. Unlike most games with a somber tone; re6 still knows how to have fun and end by leaving a smile on your face. "

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

For me; the main features that made resident evil games over the top right from the start are biohazard incidents, viruses, experiments, monsters and characters doing and surviving impossible odds. This was always the case starting with the 1st game and ı liked this progression from re0 to all the way up to re6. Re7 badly messed with this imo when it comes to this.

Also ı wouldnt call the over the top sequences of re games, especially later ones stupid. I would use that statement for things that messes up storyline. Which are mostly available in re7, that game is a giant plot hole, not being a sequel to re6 and other re games storywise for example is one big plot hole to me. I know all re games have missed potentials here and there but they are small and easily ignorable. But not for re7 unfortunately, ugh...

I think the over the top sequences are simply fiction and fun features of re, not stupid.

I'm gonna quote tgbs as well cause ı agree with him when it comes to re6:

" Above all else, something re6 stays true to is the optimistic themes and cheeky charisma typical of in-house capcom productions and the resident evil series as a whole. Loads of games give us human drama, nightmare like situations and horrific circumstances but few still remain bold enough to present such scenarios and end without a hint of cynicism. That we can overcome and our trials are worth the effort; do the impossible, see the invisible, rah-rah-rah, fight the power! And ı think this was always the message even with the older resident evil games. Survive, kick ass and come out on top in a blaze of glory. Unlike most games with a somber tone; re6 still knows how to have fun and end by leaving a smile on your face. "
How is resident evil 7 a plot hole?
It's set 5 years after re 6 and you play whit new character, why not following re 6 story should be a plot hole?

Resdident evil 6 story started and finished in re 6, there was nothing to continue

Resident evil vendetta is also set after re 6 but dosent follow re 6 story, it's a plot hole for you?

By your statement resident evil 4 shoul be a plot hole too because it dosent follow any of the previous re game story

Last edited by a moderator:

mert20004

How is resident evil 7 a plot hole?
It's set 5 years after re 6 and you play whit new character, why not following re 6 story should be a plot hole?
So resident evil 4 is a plot hole too?
Cause it is. It isnt connected well to other re games storywise. Not following re6's story is a plot hole cause it's called re7, it has freaking 7 number which comes after 6. They should have made it a spinoff instead of a main re game; that way re7 wouldnt have bothered me.

Re2 followed re1.
Re3 followed re1 and re2.
Recv followed re2.
Re4 followed re2 and re3.
Re5 followed re1, re3, recv and re4.
Re6 followed re2, re3, recv, re4 and re5.

Re7 doesnt really follow any re game in the series; it feels like it's in its own universe. There are very small connections but it doesnt feel impactful and instead comes off as forced.

Re4's story isnt a giant plot hole imo, at least when compared to re7. I agree that the story is weak ( Killing umbrella in a cutscene is a weird decision. ) when compared to most of the other main re games but re4's flawed story still connects well to previous re games plus its flawed intro is connected to remake, re2 and re3 as well as having footage from those games. You play as leon most of the time who was previously a character in re2 and him becoming a us government agent is followed from re3's epilogue file related to him. In separate ways, you play as ada who was a character in re2 and it has good length for what it is. Not to mention, separate ways answer decent information when it comes to umbrella and wesker. Oh and re4's story doesnt take itself that much seriously. Another thing ı like about re4's story is it finally moved the storyline forward. Prior to re4, the only game that took place after 1998 was dead aim in 2002 which is a spinoff.

Re7's intro is simply ethan wanting to find mia, 2 new generic characters who werent previously seen elsewhere, including in re6. Speaking of ethan, ı dont like how the devs gave him " Ethan winters " name and yet he isnt the same character as one of the characters named " Ethan w. " in one of re5's files. Like what's even the purpose of referencing then? It just doesnt feel impactful. There are also more references which again dont really feel impactful. For example; one of the files mention hcf but it doesnt mention a virus related to progenitor like t-veronica or c-virus; why didnt they us which material have been used to create it? Instead all it says is " We developed mold with the help of hcf in 2000. " ; like that's it. It feels forced. The story relies on pathetic references like this to connect well to re lore but instead falls flat on its face due to failing.

In not a hero, you play as chris but the mode is very short unlike re4's main story and separate ways which has decent length and it doesnt really follow re6 when it comes to chris as well and due to this; his appearance feels more like a forced fanservice. It doesnt answer that much about the blue umbrella stuff either. They tell us that blue umbrella was founded in 2007 but dont really tell what were they doing during the events of re5 and re6. End of zoe, which is also short similar to not a hero, doesnt delve that much into the organization either. They should had focused on blue umbrella more. What's more ridiculous about blue umbrella is there are supplemental material ( News bot translated them. ) related to this but even those dont really answer about what this organization was doing during the events of re5 and re6. Not to mention, why arent these files? In separate ways, there are 5 unlockable reports found in the game and they answer decent information about the characters. These blue umbrella info could also be an unlockable files in re. net site, re7 connects to this site just like re6 and that game had some of info ( Extra essay for files ) exclusive to that site. They could had done that method at least but no of course not.

The story also takes itself WAY too seriously and ı dont like how it has a different tone compared to other main re games. I wished they hired a japanese writer; why did the devs hire a western writer who doesnt have experience with previous re games instead? This is one of the pathetic attempts to make the game more " realistic " and ı dislike this " realism " attempt. This " realism " attempt is also included in re2 remake but not to the levels of re7. They were completely lazy when it comes to re7 and its story. It's not even a good survival horror experience either unlike classic re games and re2 remake since it gives up halfway point to become lame fps stuff while all previous main re games and re2 remake; including action horror re games were consistent to their tone unlike re7 which doesnt know what it wants to be. It doesnt really move the storyline either cause re5 already took place in 2006-2009 and re6 took place in 2012-2013 so that excuse cant be used for re7 unlike re4.

D

Deleted member 21244

Cause it is. It isnt connected well to other re games storywise. Not following re6's story is a plot hole cause it's called re7, it has freaking 7 number which comes after 6. They should have made it a spinoff instead of a main re game; that way re7 wouldnt have bothered me.

Re2 followed re1.
Re3 followed re1 and re2.
Recv followed re2.
Re4 followed re2 and re3.
Re5 followed re1, re3, recv and re4.
Re6 followed re2, re3, recv, re4 and re5.

Re7 doesnt really follow any re game in the series; it feels like it's in its own universe. There are very small connections but it doesnt feel impactful and instead comes off as forced.

Re4's story isnt a giant plot hole imo, at least when compared to re7. I agree that the story is weak ( Killing umbrella in a cutscene is a weird decision. ) when compared to most of the other main re games but re4's flawed story still connects well to previous re games plus its flawed intro is connected to remake, re2 and re3 as well as having footage from those games. You play as leon most of the time who was previously a character in re2 and him becoming a us government agent is followed from re3's epilogue file related to him. In separate ways, you play as ada who was a character in re2 and it has good length for what it is. Not to mention, separate ways answer decent information when it comes to umbrella and wesker. Oh and re4's story doesnt take itself that much seriously. Another thing ı like about re4's story is it finally moved the storyline forward. Prior to re4, the only game that took place after 1998 was dead aim in 2002 which is a spinoff.

Re7's intro is simply ethan wanting to find mia, 2 new generic characters who werent previously seen elsewhere, including in re6. Speaking of ethan, ı dont like how the devs gave him " Ethan winters " name and yet he isnt the same character as one of the characters named " Ethan w. " in one of re5's files. Like what's even the purpose of referencing then? It just doesnt feel impactful. There are also more references which again dont really feel impactful. For example; one of the files mention hcf but it doesnt mention a virus related to progenitor like t-veronica or c-virus; why didnt they us which material have been used to create it? Instead all it says is " We developed mold with the help of hcf in 2000. " ; like that's it. It feels forced. The story relies on pathetic references like this to connect well to re lore but instead falls flat on its face due to failing.

In not a hero, you play as chris but the mode is very short unlike re4's main story and separate ways which has decent length and it doesnt really follow re6 when it comes to chris as well and due to this; his appearance feels more like a forced fanservice. It doesnt answer that much about the blue umbrella stuff either. They tell us that blue umbrella was founded in 2007 but dont really tell what were they doing during the events of re5 and re6. End of zoe, which is also short similar to not a hero, doesnt delve that much into the organization either. They should had focused on blue umbrella more. What's more ridiculous about blue umbrella is there are supplemental material ( News bot translated them. ) related to this but even those dont really answer about what this organization was doing during the events of re5 and re6. Not to mention, why arent these files? In separate ways, there are 5 unlockable reports found in the game and they answer decent information about the characters. These blue umbrella info could also be an unlockable files in re. net site, re7 connects to this site just like re6 and that game had some of info ( Extra essay for files ) exclusive to that site. They could had done that method at least but no of course not.

The story also takes itself WAY too seriously and ı dont like how it has a different tone compared to other main re games. I wished they hired a japanese writer; why did the devs hire a western writer who doesnt have experience with previous re games instead? This is one of the pathetic attempts to make the game more " realistic " and ı dislike this " realism " attempt. This " realism " attempt is also included in re2 remake but not to the levels of re7. They were completely lazy when it comes to re7 and its story. It's not even a good survival horror experience either unlike classic re games and re2 remake since it gives up halfway point to become lame fps stuff while all previous main re games and re2 remake; including action horror re games were consistent to their tone unlike re7 which doesnt know what it wants to be. It doesnt really move the storyline either cause re5 already took place in 2006-2009 and re6 took place in 2012-2013 so that excuse cant be used for re7 unlike re4.
You said that re 7 started whit ethan wanting to finding his wife and they are two new generic character, but if you think about it Chris and jill were two generic character as were leon and Claire in re 2

Also you probably didn't understand how bad resident evil 6 was received both by critics, by fan ans by new people, that s why capcom decided to stay far away from re 6 as possible, so resident evil 6 is to blame for re 7 story reboot, they wanted a new fresh start whit new story element because capcom know how bad they went whit re 6 story, if the game was really so good there was no reason for capcom to reboot whit re 7, they could have made jake the new main character and continue whit him, butt guess what? The game was so poor received that they had to reboot the series...
Re 7 is a fresh start whit new plot element like new umbrella, and they just introduced blue umbrella because they are are saving every reveal for re 8 and sequel

Also the western writer at least give a consistence and solid story in re 7 contrary to the japanese writers in re 6 who writed a story full of plot hole from start to finish

Re 7 dosent know what it want to be? Really? Re 7 is a survival horror
You are probably talking about re 6 who dosent know what kind of game it is, it try to be an action game, an horror game, a fighting game, a stealth game a drive game, but what kind of game is re 6 really ? It look like a complete mess

Even shinji mikami the creator of the resident evil series says that re 6 was a total mess for an horror game, while re 7 was beautifully created

Game have change and so did the graphic, Capcom know that they need to give resident evil and devil may cry a more realistic look, just like other developers are doing right now

Also you call re 7 file lazy but re 6 file are not even available in game, so you don't really know how virus are connected and other things, you must unlock them, and probably most of people never unlocked them, because they didn't have time for that, especially casual player, they just finished the game and replayed it if they can... They should have put them in game but the developer were lazy

mert20004

You said that re 7 started whit ethan wanting to finding his wife and they are two new generic character, but if you think about it Chris and jill were two generic character as were leon and Claire in re 2

Also you probably didn't understand how bad resident evil 6 was received both by critics, by fan ans by new people, that s why capcom decided to stay far away from re 6 as possible, so resident evil 6 is to blame for re 7 story reboot, they wanted a new fresh start whit new story element because capcom know how bad they went whit re 6 story, if the game was really so good there was no reason for capcom to reboot whit re 7, they could have made jake the bew character and continue whit him, butt guess what? The game was so poor received that they had to reboot the series...
Re 7 is a fresh start whit new plot element like new umbrella, and they just introduced blue umbrella because they are are saving every reveal for re 8 and sequel

Also the western writer at least give a consistence and solid story in re 7 contrary to the japanese writers in re 6 who writed a story full of plot hole from start to finish

Re 7 dosent know what it want to be? Really? Re 7 is a survival horror
You are probably talking about re 6 who dosent know what kind of game it is, it try to be an action game, an horror game, a fighting game, a stealth game a drive game, but what kind of game is re 6 really ? It look like a complete mess
Just cause you think re1 and re2 have generic characters doesnt mean re7 should have them too. Plus re7 was made in 2017 compared to re1 and re2 which were made in freaking 1996 and 1998 respectively. I disagree about re1 and re2 having generic characters; ı dont think they are generic. Sure in re1, the voice acting is really bad but the characters are still charming imo. Plus re1 and re2 have guidebooks which have interesting extra info about characters; re7 doesnt really have interesting info in its supplemental material unlike those 2 games. ( Ethan is a system engineer, how creative... )

Re6 was " bad " to many people cause of its focus on action; that's it really. Other complaints come off more like weak excuses if anything. I've read and watched many reviews and from what ı've seen; people who like the game while thinking it's good explain their opinion better than the people who dislike re6 and think it sucks. I'm not saying dont criticise re6, go ahead do it but at least do it right instead of coming off more like " Well, that's my opinion and you should accept it as a fact. " . Re6 is good, saying it's bad is going WAY too far to be honest. It's nothing like that awful dmc2 for example. Plus the devs called it a great game in re7's interviews. To many people, resident evil is survival horror series and people dont really care about re storyline that much. And re7 isnt a reboot; it's a game that's trying to be a reboot while also trying to be a sequel; this is one of the reasons why it's a mess. Plus blue umbrella actually appeared in umbrella corps even though they dont call it that way. I'm not sure why they decided to put some interesting lore info on that garbage spinoff but whatever. I'm still not gonna change my opinion about re7's story being a mess btw.

Re6 isnt a mess; it is action horror re experience similar to re4 and re5 but with nice changes along with campaigns feeling unique from each other. Meanwhile re7 is survival horror in the 1st half but for some reason; it becomes horror themed fps in 2nd half. It changes its tone unlike re6 which is action horror re experience from start to finish. Re6's story isnt full of plot hole either; it has missed potentials here and there but the story for the most part is great.

Anyways; here are 2 re6 reviews as an example which come off as crap due to them sucking at the game and blaming the game for their mistakes along with weird nitpicks:

Here's another 2 review which review the game better and know what they are saying:

Edit: When did mikami say re6 was a mess? I think you're confusing it with re5 which he said somewhere that he dislikes the game. Idk why though.

Besides even if ı disliked re6; ı still would have disliked re7 too due to the reasons ı posted. And dmc5 doesnt feel like its tone is changed from previous dmc games compared to re7 that feels like it belongs to a different universe.

And re6 files are in the game; only extra essay part are exclusive to re. net.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Just cause you think re1 and re2 have generic characters doesnt mean re7 should have them too. Plus re7 was made in 2017 compared to re1 and re2 which were made in freaking 1996 and 1998 respectively. I disagree about re1 and re2 having generic characters; ı dont think they are generic. Sure in re1, the voice acting is really bad but the characters are still charming imo. Plus re1 and re2 have guidebooks which have interesting extra info about characters; re7 doesnt really have interesting info in its supplemental material unlike those 2 games. ( Ethan is a system engineer, how creative... )

Re6 was " bad " to many people cause of its focus on action; that's it really. Other complaints come off more like weak excuses if anything. I've read and watched many reviews and from what ı've seen; people who like the game while thinking it's good explain their opinion better than the people who dislike re6 and think it sucks. I'm not saying dont criticise re6, go ahead do it but at least do it right instead of coming off more like " Well, that's my opinion and you should accept it as a fact. " . Re6 is good, saying it's bad is going WAY too far to be honest. It's nothing like that awful dmc2 for example. Plus the devs called it a great game in re7's interviews. To many people, resident evil is survival horror series and people dont really care about re storyline that much. And re7 isnt a reboot; it's a game that's trying to be a reboot while also trying to be a sequel; this is one of the reasons why it's a mess. Plus blue umbrella actually appeared in umbrella corps even though they dont call it that way. I'm not sure why they decided to put some interesting lore info on that garbage spinoff but whatever. I'm still not gonna change my opinion about re7's story being a mess btw.

Re6 isnt a mess; it is action horror re experience similar to re4 and re5 but with nice changes along with campaigns feeling unique from each other. Meanwhile re7 is survival horror in the 1st half but for some reason; it becomes horror themed fps in 2nd half. It changes its tone unlike re6 which is action horror re experience from start to finish. Re6's story isnt full of plot hole either; it has missed potentials here and there but the story for the most part is great.

Anyways; here are 2 re6 reviews as an example which come off as crap due to them sucking at the game and blaming the game for their mistakes along with weird nitpicks:

Here's another 2 review which review the game better and know what they are saying:

Edit: When did mikami say re6 was a mess? I think you're confusing it with re5 which he said somewhere that he dislikes the game. Idk why though.

Besides even if ı disliked re6; ı still would have disliked re7 too due to the reasons ı posted. And dmc5 doesnt feel like its tone is changed from previous dmc games compared to re7 that feels like it belongs to a different universe.

And re6 files are in the game; only extra essay part are exclusive to re. net.
The dislike were not just because of action, but because of gameplay, glitc, bug, plot ecc

I can send you dozene of video about re 6 being weak and bad and thousands of review, but i don't because i can write for myself what you can't did it look, since you always send the same videi evey time you talk e about re 6

No re 6 file are not in game, they must be unlocked by shooting at emblem than you must go into the menu to read them, pretty lazy

mert20004

The dislike were not just because of action, but because of gameplay, glitc, bug, plot ecc

I can send you dozene of video about re 6 being weak and bad and thousands of review, but i don't because i can write for myself what you can't did it look, since you always send the same videi evey time you talk e about re 6

No re 6 file are not in game, they must be unlocked by shooting at emblem than you must go into the menu to read them, pretty lazy
Yeah; it was. The main criticism was the game focusing on action. Gameplay is good and feels improved from re4 and re5; the glitches and bugs are rare / not that big and story is great as well. I dont think it's really possible to reach to a conclusion when it comes to re6 cause the game is extremely divisive for some reason. Some say gameplay is good and story is good, some say gameplay is good but story is bad, some say gameplay is bad but story is good and some say both are bad. We cant really reach to a conclusion when it comes to this.

I'm sending the same ones cause they know what they are saying, especially archon who put thousands of hours into the game. Meanwhile nerrel and dx suck at the game and blame the game for their mistakes. Ridiculous...

And yes; re6 files are in the game. You read those from game after all and the game is connected to re. net site which has extra essay related to them. Besides even if you dislike re6's method; re7 still should had those long info about blue umbrella in the game but it doesnt and the game is lazy.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah; it was. The main criticism was the game focusing on action. Gameplay is good and feels improved from re4 and re5; the glitches and bugs are rare / not that big and story is great as well. I dont think it's really possible to reach to a conclusion when it comes to re6 cause the game is extremely divisive for some reason. Some say gameplay is good and story is good, some say gameplay is good but story is bad, some say gameplay is bad but story is good and some say both are bad. We cant really reach to a conclusion when it comes to this.

I'm sending the same ones cause they know what they are saying, especially archon who put thousands of hours into the game. Meanwhile nerrel and dx suck at the game and blame the game for their mistakes. Ridiculous...

And yes; re6 files are in the game. You read those from game after all and the game is connected to re. net site which has extra essay related to them. Besides even if you dislike re6's method; re7 still should had those long info about blue umbrella in the game but it doesnt and the game is lazy.
Re 7 had info about blue umbrella in game in not a hero, also you say that blue umbrella is lazy, but what abkut putting jake out of nowhere in re 6? They never explain who his mother is, ther3 is no actual connection whit wesker, we don't know how when and where wesker made this son, by your logic this is lazy too

D

Deleted member 21244

My unpopular opinions:
  • Chris > Leon
  • Wesker is gay for Chris :wink:
  • Over the shoulder > fixed cameras > first person
  • I love the action direction for RE4-RE6 (but the series story did suffer from a lot of poorly thought out decisions within those games)
And Chris is gay for wesker XD

Meanwhile in re 6
Leon: Jake is Albert wesker son
Chris: shiiiiit, so wesker wasn't gay after all

mert20004

Re 7 had info about blue umbrella in game in not a hero, also you say that blue umbrella is lazy, but what abkut putting jake out of nowhere in re 6? They never explain who his mother is, ther3 is no actual connection whit wesker, we don't know how when and where wesker made this son, by your logic this is lazy too
Wesker having a son isnt out of character for him though. Remember it was before 1998 and wesker was an us army officer ( I believe it was told in a supplemental material related to re1. ) during that time. So that's the reason why he was in us. He did a quick business with that woman and after that he immediately left her. He didnt give a damn about jake and his mother, he forgot about them completely.

I dont think it's lazy, at least not to the levels of re7. Re6 have missed potential here and there but not that big when compared to re4 and re7 for example.

Edit: I noticed that you were talking about vendetta previously. I agree that vendetta should had been a sequel to re6 storywise but it didnt bother me that much personally plus it had leon ( despite being forced ) , chris and rebecca for good length.

Also re6 left some loose ends; that " Re6's story started and finished. " statement is completely false.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Wesker having a son isnt out of character for him though. Remember it was before 1998 and wesker was an us army officer ( I believe it was told in a supplemental material related to re1. ) during that time. So that's the reason why he was in us. He did a quick business with that woman and after that he immediately left her. He didnt give a damn about jake and his mother, he forgot about them completely.

I dont think it's lazy, at least not to the levels of re7. Re6 have missed potential here and there but not that big unlike re4 and re7 for example.

Edit: I noticed that you were talking about vendetta previously. I agree that vendetta should had been a sequel to re6 storywise but it didnt bother me that much personally plus it had leon ( despite being forced ) , chris and rebecca for good length.

Also re6 left some loose ends; that " Re6's story started and finished. " statement is completely false.
Wesker having a son is completely out of character
It was never mentioned anywhere that wesker had an affair whit someone

Also you probably didn't know the whole story about re 6 developer and Jake, they first wanted to put wesker in game and Infact in some early concept wesker was going to be in re 6 but they later decided to change it, but since wesker was too popular they decided to give him a son so that all wesker fab boy could have had a new weskee to play whit...

So yeah jake was completely created out of nowhere because capcom needed a new wesker in the game, also wesker having a son i completely out of character

Re 6 dosent left any loose end, evey character have its conclusion, and if Capcom or anyone else would have cared about re 6 story they would have just maked the next re game following Jake story, but since nobody cares and the game was poorly receveid they totally "rebooted" the franchise

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
For me; the main features that made resident evil games over the top right from the start are biohazard incidents, viruses, experiments, monsters and characters doing and surviving impossible odds.

The Last of Us - a game that includes a biohazard incident, viruses, experiments, monsters and characters doing and surviving impossible odds. Yet it is considered to be one of the most realistic games ever made.

I think we have a very different idea about what's considered over the top.

mert20004

Wesker having a son is completely out of character
It was never mentioned anywhere that wesker had an affair whit someone

Also you probably didn't know the whole story about re 6 developer and Jake, they first wanted to put wesker in game and Infact in some early concept wesker was going to be in re 6 but they later decided to change it, but since wesker was too popular they decided to give him a son so that all wesker fab boy could have had a new weskee to play whit...

So yeah jake was completely created out of nowhere because capcom needed a new wesker in the game, also wesker having a son i completely out of character

Re 6 dosent left any loose end, evey character have its conclusion, and if Capcom or anyone else would have cared about re 6 story they would have just maked the next re game following Jake story, but since nobody cares and the game was poorly receveid they totally "rebooted" the franchise
Still dont get how wesker having a son is completely out of character for him. He had a quick business with that woman and left her. He didnt give a damn about jake and his mother like ı said. And of course it wasnt mentioned anywhere before; they are coming up with new ideas. It works in the storyline fine for what it is. Sure more info is nice but what ı said stands. It doesnt break lore unlike the stupid blue umbrella in re7.

No ı didnt know about " re6 developer and jake " ; interesting info. Glad they didnt add wesker to the storyline; it would completely defeat the purpose of re5. Though capcom is apparently planning a clone for him, at least that's what ı understood after playing umbrella corps and reading those stupid diaries related to that garbage game.

Though ı know that the re6 devs apparently planned the scene for chris and leon meeting first. And they did a good job with storyline when it comes to re6 imo. I would like a sequel to it; at least as a spinoff.

Yes; it lefts loose ends. The family recovered simmons' corpse for experiments and selected a new leader, ada's talking to someone at the end after destroying carla's lab, chris is going somewhere, leon is going after the family organization since the files hint at that, jake is having a new life while helping a kid and bsaa is apparently after him since c-virus is constantly mutating and they need more of jake's blood.

And ı already explained the main reason of re6's criticism, nothing more to add here. Besides if " nobody " cared about re6, the game wouldnt have sold that amount of copies. That includes ps4, xbox one and switch too, those ports also sold a lot. I think it can beat re5's sales in future.

D

Deleted member 21244

Never seen 2 people argue so extensively over the 2 worst games in the series and both be so wrong.
Both having different opinion, there is no wrong or right in our statement

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Between Blue Umbrella and Jake, I think Jake is the more intriguing storyline of the two.

It’s true, Jake is an ass pull in an attempt to give fans some form of Albert Wesker, but I honestly liked him as a character. It’s hard for me to not love Troy Baker’s work and I can see where there is some compelling storytelling for his character. I’m a broken record but RE6 suffered the most from Capcom feeling the need to focus heavily on the Co-op for the main story. The arrangement of the characters ruined the flow of what could have been a story with a better setup.

D

Deleted member 21244

Between Blue Umbrella and Jake, I think Jake is the more intriguing storyline of the two.

It’s true, Jake is an ass pull in an attempt to give fans some form of Albert Wesker, but I honestly liked him as a character. It’s hard for me to not love Troy Baker’s work and I can see where there is some compelling storytelling for his character. I’m a broken record but RE6 suffered the most from Capcom feeling the need to focus heavily on the Co-op for the main story. The arrangement of the characters ruined the flow of what could have been a story with a better setup.
I like jake, but i just think it come out of nowhere

Top Bottom