• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unpopular Opinions

mert20004

Besides dont you guys have any unpopular opinions to share? You're simply criticising my opinions for no reason instead of sharing your unique ones.

Come on, that's what this page is for!

D

Deleted member 21244

A normal human cant kill a zombie with a kick like that. And the files say that wesker was never a normal human. Re5 explains this even more with project w. It makes sense that he has special genes ( Which comes into play with jake in re6. ) otherwise he wouldnt be able to survive t-002's stab. It's been told in the files that birkin's gift was extremely risky and only people with special genes can gain power from it while ignoring the harmful effects.

I disagree about re4 and re5. Re6 is better than those 2 imo. All 3 of them are mostly linear games with few puzzles and key collecting sections put to their levels here and there. And re6 has exploration too similar to re4 and re5. I think re6's inventory is better than re5's. I dont like that re5's inventory trying to mimic classic re games' inventory systems, especially with the quick reload trick which makes reload upgrades pointless. You dont have to pull the phone to learn where to go in re6 just like how it's not required to use the map in re4 and re5 which spoil the entire layout unlike in classic re games where you need to obtain a map to learn the level layout instantly. Though ı dont like that re5's map doesnt work in one of the cave areas even though it later works when you go deeper into tricell's labs and progenitor area. All 3 of them have qtes but ı think re6's qtes are better re4's and re5's. They are more easier to perform, you can disable some of them through options menu and there's a skill which makes them even more easier to perform. There's too much qtes to my liking which is my only criticism about the game but other than that, ı love re6 a lot. I think re5 has the worst qtes, the button prompts are weird in that game. I played them on pc with keyboard and mouse. The qtes in re4 feel more comfortable compared to re5's and the qtes in re6 feel more comfortable than the ones in re4 and re5.

Never said recv's gameplay is different from classic re games. I told you that re6's gameplay is similar to re4's and re5's and criticising it just cause it's more actiony than previous re games isnt that different from criticising a classic re game that's more action oriented than the previous ones.

You didnt explain anything in re7. You told me to look in the files which ı already did and they barely explain anything. A pathetic recv reference isnt an explanation. All you're doing is simply disagreeing with me. I dont think we will convince ourselves with our opinions though my points are more fair than yours.

And re6's fanservice is awesome unlike re7's fanservice that's pathetic. I'm glad dmc5 took inspiration from re6 when it comes to this among other things.
The file explain how the mold was created if you can't see it that s not my fault, read better...

Wesker never had power before the injection that s a fact you can have right on all the other things but not about this, wesker survived the tyrant because of the progenitor virus he injected second before it, it wss ststed in umbrella chronicles and wesker report, wesker didnt have power before ifs confirmed, he only had a DNA than can make him immune to the virus and can easy bond him whit viruses... Also leon Chris jill and Claire all kill zombie whit a kick, leon literally kill zombie in re 6 whit kick lol

D

Deleted member 21244

They literally crashed through a long road and into the docks and were being slowed by all the sh*t they were hitting that wouldn't have directly killed them. Please tell me where logic plays a role in Resident Evil. How did both Barry and Rebecca survive? And yes, this is being discussed because you don't seem to get the point. You're cherry picking stuff from RE6 and saying it's impossible like if it's any less believable than other entries just because it wasn't explained away in a stupid file. Nothing in this series is realistic, even in universe, the later games are even more ridiculous, RE7 included.

It's not the same. Play RE4 again.:lol:
Played it many times and nothing that happened there can be near the stupidity of car exploding in sequence in an highway and a plan safely crashing in the city...

Also what you are saying it s ridicolous and impossible, crashing a plane into a road and than the building stopped they're landing, come on dude... Not even Michael bay or w s Anderson have stuff like this in their movie

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Played it many times and nothing that happened there can fet near the stupidity of car exploding in sequence in an highway and a plan safely crashing in thr city...

Also what you are saying it s ridicolous and impossible, crashing to a road than the building stopped they're landing, come on dude... Not even Michael bay or w s Anderson have stuff like this in their movie

You've completely missed the point.

Reactions: Jen

mert20004

The file explain how the mold was created if you can't see it that s not my fault, read better...

Wesker never had power before the injection that s a fact you can have right on all the other things but not about this, wesker survived the tyrant because of the progenitor virus he injected second before it, it wss ststed in umbrella chronicles and wesker report, wesker didnt have power before ifs confirmed, he only had a DNA than can make him immune to the virus and can easy bond him whit viruses... Also leon Chris jill and Claire all kill zombie whit a kick, leon literally kill zombie in re 6 whit kick lol
Except it doesnt really explain anything and ı've made my criticisms already...

Yes, wesker's genes gave him power somewhat and is the reason why that virus managed to bring him back to life.

Let me link the files:

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Virus-Note

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/No-12-Albert-Wesker

And the characters can kill bows easily in later games cause they are trained by their organizations. Wesker was already trained by umbrella way before the main 4 cast along with his special genes making things easier for him.

Jake is also similar to this, he worked with edonian mercenaries in the battlefield according to the files and this is one of the reasons why he can handle bows easily.

What the hell? Re6 is nothing like anderson's awful movies; are you dense? It's consistent with other re games in the series both storywise and gameplaywise unlike that hack who disrespects capcom's franchise with its nonsense movies.

I may not like re7 and its story but compared to those awful movies; it still feels way more consistent to capcom's franchise. Plus ı never called re7 bad unlike you constantly calling re6 bad.

What the hell kind of a statement was that...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Except it doesnt really explain anything and ı've made my criticisms already...

Yes, wesker's genes gave him power somewhat and is the reason why that virus managed to bring him back to life.

Let me link the files:

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Virus-Note

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/No-12-Albert-Wesker

And the characters can kill bows easily in later games cause they are trained by their organizations. Wesker was already trained by umbrella way before the main 4 cast along with his special genes.

Jake is also similar to this, he worked with edonian mercenaries in the battlefield according to the files and this is one of the reasons why he can handle bows easily.

What the hell? Re6 is nothing like anderson's awful movies; are you dense? It's consistent with other re games in the series both storywise and gameplaywise unlike that hack who disrespects capcom's franchise with its nonsense movies.

I may not like re7 and its story but compared to those awful movies; it still feels way more consistent to capcom's franchise. Plus ı never called re7 bad unlike you constantly calling re6 bad.

What the hell kind of a statement was that...
Wesker didn't have any Power, his power were granted by the virus, wesker had only a DNA that give him immunity to the virus that's all... The first file pretty confirmed what I'm saying and the second file say that wesker children's were children taken from all over the world, and they were choose because of they're unique DNA, they didn't have any kind of power...
Spencer choose them because he wanted to create a new species whit superior DNA, and he hopes that this children DNA can be immune to progenitor virus injection...
All children die but two, Albert wesker and alex wesker, Albert returned to life and not only he survived the virus but was also granted whit all the progenitor virus positive effects, tissue regeneration, super strength and super speed, alex instead only survived the virus but didn't get any of the power from the progenitor virus...

So wesker power are granted from the progenitor virus
Also jill confirmed this in re 5
Jill: wesker superhuman strength it comes from a virus, but the virus is unstable
Also sheva later say that if he dosent inject himself whit the virus he will lose his power completely and jill confirmed this

Also you previously say that Jake can do all that stuff because of wesker power but now because he was trained in edonia... Mmmmm

Yeah having a family controlling america like the patriots from metal gear, and having simmons loving ada and having a clone of her, and wesker having a son is completely consistent whit re story lol I'm sarcastic here...

What s the problem whit my statement?

Also i never say that i hate re 6, i already told many times that I enjoyed it, but it's a bad game, but still enjoyable

Edit: sorry i was just saying stuff discussed and so i made my point... Unpopular opinion, re 2 remake dosent deserve the critical acclimation he got

mert20004

Wesker didn't have any Power, his power were granted by the virus, wesker had only a DNA that give him immunity to the virus that's all... The first file pretty confirmed what I'm saying and the second file say that wesker children's were children taken from all over the world, and they were choose because of they're unique DNA, they didn't have any kind of power... Spencer choose them because he wanted to create a new species whit superior DNA, and he hopes that this children DNA can be immune to progenitor virus injection... All children die but two, Albert wesker and alex wesker, Albert returned to life and not only he survived the virus but was also granted whit all the progenitor virus positive effects, tissue regeneration, super strength and super speed, alex instead only survived the virus but didn't get any of the power from the progenitor virus...
So wesker power are granted from the progenitor virus
Also jill confirmed this in re 5
Jill: wesker superhuman strength it comes from a virus, but the virus is unstable
Also sheva later say that if he dosent inject himself whit the virus he will lose his power completely and jill confirmed this

Also you previously say that Jake can do all that stuff because of wesker power but now because he was trained in edonia... Mmmmm

Yeah having a family controlling america like the patriots from metal gear, and having simmons loving ada and having a clone of her, and wesker having a son is completely consistent whit re story lol I'm sarcastic here...

What s the problem whit my statement?

Also i never say that i hate re 6, i already told many times that I enjoyed it, but it's a bad game, but still enjoyable
Not really. His genes played a role on this and gave him power, just not as strong as the virus. ( This genes plays a part in re6 with jake as well along with his training he received in edonia. ) His melee attacks in umbrella chronicles is a proof to that, pretty sure one trained person cant simply kill a full hp zombie with a kick like that; his genes play a role here. I mean even in re4 / re5 / re6; the trained characters cant kill full hp bows with a single kick / punch type of melee attack like that.

Like ı said previously, without them; he wouldnt be able to survive the virus. I mean why wouldnt his special genes give him or someone else power?

Chris and jill doesnt fully know wesker's life and what he did during the time before joining stars not to mention they are biased due to wesker being their biggest enemy.

What's wrong with the family organization and controlling us? It kinda explains us government's dealings with umbrella. Hell did you know that benford and simmons appear in re3's epilogue files and benford talks to leon at the end of darkside chronicles' re2 retelling? Re6 kinda explains some cool stuff like this. I wished they followed the family organization in the future. Plus dso organization is pretty cool as well.

I dont see the problem with simmons and ada's backstory either, it's explained fine in the files. It's over the top but ı already explained why re6 being over the top the way it is kinda make sense. Not to mention it kinda reminds me of alexia's and alfred's backstory in a way which is nice since they are my favourite villains in the franchise.

Wesker's past and jake's backstory is explained fine in the files as well. And ı dont think you read my statement well about jake in re6.

The problem with your statement is saying re6 is as inconsistent as anderson's movies which doesnt make sense. Anderson cant even follow his films' logic let alone capcom's franchise while capcom in the worst case scenario does an ok job in following their rules when it comes to resident evil. Like anderson is in a whole new level of inconsistency.

Dont care how much you say re6 is bad. Will completely disagree with that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Not really. His genes played a role on this and gave him power, just not as strong as the virus. ( This genes plays a part in re6 with jake as well along with his training he received in edonia. ) His melee attacks in umbrella chronicles is a proof to that, pretty sure one trained person cant simply kill a full hp zombie with a kick like that; his genes play a role here. I mean even in re4 / re5 / re6; the trained characters cant kill full hp bows with a single melee attack like that.

Like ı said previously, without them; he wouldnt be able to survive the virus. I mean why wouldnt his special genes give him or someone else power?

Chris and jill doesnt fully know wesker's life and what he did during the time before joining stars not to mention they are biased due to wesker being their biggest enemy.

What's wrong with the family organization and controlling us? It kinda explains us government's dealings with umbrella. Hell did you know that benford and simmons appear in re3's epilogue files and benford talks to leon at the end of darkside chronicles' retelling? Re6 kinda explains some cool stuff like this. I wished they followed this in the future. Plus dso organization is pretty cool as well.

I dont see the problem with simmons and ada's backstory either, it's explained fine in the files. It's over the top but ı already explained why re6 being over the top the way it is kinda make sense. Not to mention it kinda reminds me of alexia's and alfred's backstory in a way which is nice since they are my favourite villains in the franchise.

Wesker's past and jake's backstory is explained fine in the files as well. And ı dont think you read my statement well about jake in re6.

The problem with your statement is saying re6 is as inconsistent as anderson's movies which doesnt make sense. Anderson cant even follow his films' logic let alone capcom's franchise while capcom in the worst case scenario does an ok job in following their rules when it comes to resident evil. Like anderson is in a whole new level of inconsistency.

Dont care how much you say re6 is bad. Will completely disagree with that.
Beford and simmons where never in re 2 or darkside chronicles nor in re 3 epilogue, what you write there is simply assumption, also benford wasn't even the president in re 2... Where did you get all this wrong information?

Wesker DNA disnt give him power, the virus did

The character can't kill fully hp zombie? What the hell are you saying? Leon can kill every zombie in re 6 whit his kick

Also ada in umbrela chronicles when grabbed perform a kick that instantly kill a zombie so dose billy Coen, what you're saying have no sense lol

Look ar the video, billu coen and ada killed a zombie whit a kick

The fact that wesker after injecting the virus changed his defensive move in ukbrella chrinicles from a simple human kick to cobra strike a move that make enemy fly on the other side of the map, confiremd that he didn't have power before the injection
The video also show the difference between wesker normal human kick against weskee superhuman cobra strike

mert20004

Beford and simmons where never in re 2 or darkside chronicles nor in re 3 epilogue, what you write there is simply assumption, also benford wasn't even the president in re 2... Where did you get all this wrong information?

Wesker DNA disnt give him power, the virus did

The character can't kill fully hp zombie? What the hell are you saying? Leon can kill every zombie in re 6 whit his kick

Also ada in umbrela chronicles when grabbed perform a kick that instantly kill a zombie so dose billy Coen, what you're saying have no sense lol

The fact that wesker after injecting the virus changed his defensive move in ukbrella chrinicles from a simple human kick to cobra strike a move that make enemy fly on the other side of the map, confiremd that he didn't have power before the injection
Simmons appears in re3's sherry epilogue; asking her questions. He's also the one who made a dealing with birkin as well since he was really interested in g-virus and is the reason why he becomes sherry's guardian due to her containing g in her body. Of course benford wasnt a president in 1998; never said he was. He recruited leon and allowed him to become a us government agent. He appears in re3's leon epilogue and you can hear his voice in darkside chronicles, at the end of re2's retelling.

Why wouldnt wesker's dna give him power? Of course, it would; that statement doesnt make sense. And the virus would enhance his abilities further.

Of course the trained characters would kill bows easily but still not as easily as wesker can; ı dont think you've read my statement well. With leon in re6; you perform multiple kicks to kill bows along with other badass finishers; a single kick doesnt kill one like wesker can do to a zombie ( unless it's weakened or you're using skills then it's possible. ) in umbrella chronicles before the events of re1 / remake.

Ada also performs multiple attacks to kill one in umbrella chronicles unlike wesker who performs one powerful attack. Billy's section isnt canon; it's a retelling of re0. Billy and rebecca cant perform melee in re0 other than weak knives and a stomp to crawling zombies which are always weaker compared to standing ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Simmons appears in re3's sherry epilogue; asking her questions. He's also the one who made a dealing with birkin as well since he was really interested in g-virus and is the reason why he becomes sherry's guardian due to her containing g in her body. Of course benford wasnt a president in 1998; never said he was. He recruited leon and allowed him to become a us government agent. He appears in re3's leon epilogue and you can hear his voice in darkside chronicles, at the end of re2's retelling.

Why wouldnt wesker's dna give him power? Of course, it would; that statement doesnt make sense. And the virus would enhance his abilities further.

Of course the trained characters would kill bows easily but still not as easily as wesker can; ı dont think you've read my statement well. With leon in re6; you perform multiple kicks to kill bows along with other badass finishers; a single kick doesnt kill one like wesker can do to a zombie ( unless it's weakened or you're using skills then it's possible. ) in umbrella chronicles before the events of re1 / remake.

Ada also performs multiple attacks to kill one in umbrella chronicles unlike wesker who performs one powerful attack. Billy's section isnt canon; it's a retelling of re0. Billy and rebecca cant perform melee in re0 other than weak knives and a stomp to crawling zombies which are always weaker compared to standing ones.
All this post is non Canon dude really, you justify Billy kick by saying that game part is non canon but a wesker kick from the same game is for you the profe thst wesker had power before injection , it's becoming ridicolous right now...

I'll stop right here before i read some other strange statement, no offense dude

mert20004

All this post is non Canon dude really, you justify Billy kick saying thar part is non canon but a wesker kick from the same game is for you the profe thst wesker had power before injection , it's becoming ridicolous right now... I'll stop right here before i read some other strange statement, no offense dude
Wesker's episodes in umbrella chronicles are fully canon; all of them. Billy appears in a reimagining just like steve in darkside chronicles. Big difference.

Yeah we should stop; ı agree with that last statement. Believe what you want even though ı've made my points fair enough.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I skipped almost all of Page 3 on this argument. I am glad to see we have all agreed to slow down on the conversation.

To recap - RE7 wasn't actually supernatural. But it is fair for people not to like it. I suppose the most Supernatural game in the series is RE4. They just say Las Plagas over and over again - but some seriously weird things happen in that game. haha

Mr.R

We're still discussing "realism" on a series where Jill can take a freaking rocket from Nemesis in the face and don't die in RE3? It's a game. It has game stuff. Game devices. Over the top action. Pseudo-scientific things that looks supernatural but aren't (altough the game needs to throw a bunch of documents in the end of the game to remind you that). But in the end, it's a game about zombies. I think this discussion is growing out of proportions and actually leaving the topic's theme.

So, I'll leave one unpopular opinion: Hunk's not that great. If they want us to think that, they should show us more of the stuff he has done.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
@mert20004 My point was that sci-fi horror is generally more realistic than supernatural horror. For example, a killer robot (Terminator) is more likely to happen for real compared to a killer demon (The Conjuring).

I didn't specifically say that there are games in RE universe that "breaks the world-building", I used it as an example to explain why fans of certain films, books and video games dislike when later entries do something radically different that changes what you previously thought wasn't possible in that universe.

Just look at Code Veronica for example. Wesker can now jump like someone out of the Matrix and run on walls. The reason why I said "jump the shark" is because its true. The original games (1-3) were not over the top, this is simply false. People may call the outdated dialogue in RE1 cheesy for example, but it does not make the game itself "over the top".

I'm not sure why you say that "the re franchise always took inspiration from other franchises". So what? It doesn't change the fact that the original games did not include anything supernatural, which is something we started to see in later games.

ı think you should use it for re2 / re2 remake 1st cause that's more action oriented / over the top compared to re1 / remake
Huh? Are you trying to imply that more action equals more over the top? Because that's not why I've been saying at all. A game does not become over the top just because it has more action. A horror game can have limited or excessive action, as long as the horror is preserved.
The RE2 remake preserves the setting, story (mostly), and atmosphere of the original game, just like the RE1 remake does. The originals were not over the top, and neither are the remakes.

mert20004

@mert20004 My point was that sci-fi horror is generally more realistic than supernatural horror. For example, a killer robot (Terminator) is more likely to happen for real compared to a killer demon (The Conjuring).

I didn't specifically say that there are games in RE universe that "breaks the world-building", I used it as an example to explain why fans of certain films, books and video games dislike when later entries do something radically different that changes what you previously thought wasn't possible in that universe.

Just look at Code Veronica for example. Wesker can now jump like someone out of the Matrix and run on walls. The reason why I said "jump the shark" is because its true. The original games (1-3) were not over the top, this is simply false. People may call the outdated dialogue in RE1 cheesy for example, but it does not make the game itself "over the top".

I'm not sure why you say that "the re franchise always took inspiration from other franchises". So what? It doesn't change the fact that the original games did not include anything supernatural, which is something we started to see in later games.

Huh? Are you trying to imply that more action equals more over the top? Because that's not why I've been saying at all. A game does not become over the top just because it has more action. A horror game can have limited or excessive action, as long as the horror is preserved.
The RE2 remake preserves the setting, story (mostly), and atmosphere of the original game, just like the RE1 remake does. The originals were not over the top, and neither are the remakes.
I disagree. I think the original re games were over the top as well; just not as much or easily noticeable as the later games in the series.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

What is "over the top" to you then? In video games anything can be considered over the top if you think about it, and that's especially true for older games. In GTA: San Andreas, CJ can stand 2 feet away from a police officer and get shot at multiple times without moving - isn't that technically "over the top"? It depends on what you consider "over the top". If the same thing happened in GTA V, it would certainly be called ridiculous because we wouldn't expect such a thing to happen in a modern game like GTA V which is a huge step-up in graphics and gameplay from San Andreas. The exact same thing can be applied to any video game series, including Resident Evil.

Saints Row would be a perfect comparison to Grand Theft Auto, which is a game series that has definitely become increasingly "over the top". So to me, when the RE games started to introduce superhumans (Wesker in CV), opera-singing hive minds (Zero), actual mind control with a red-glowing magical crystal (RE5), and a supernatural little girl (RE7) that's definitely "over the top".

I guess we wouldn't be able to reach a consensus here anyway. If you think the original RE games are over the top so be it, I can't change your mind.

D

Deleted member 21244

What is "over the top" to you then? In video games anything can be considered over the top if you think about it, and that's especially true for older games. In GTA: San Andreas, CJ can stand 2 feet away from a police officer and get shot at multiple times without moving - isn't that technically "over the top"? It depends on what you consider "over the top". If the same thing happened in GTA V, it would certainly be called ridiculous because we wouldn't expect such a thing to happen in a modern game like GTA V which is a huge step-up in graphics and gameplay from San Andreas. The exact same thing can be applied to any video game series, including Resident Evil.

Saints Row would be a perfect comparison to Grand Theft Auto, which is a game series that has definitely become increasingly "over the top". So to me, when the RE games started to introduce superhumans (Wesker in CV), opera-singing hive minds (Zero), actual mind control with a red-glowing magical crystal (RE5), and a supernatural little girl (RE7) that's definitely "over the top".

I guess we wouldn't be able to reach a consensus here anyway. If you think the original RE games are over the top so be it, I can't change your mind.
Wesker superhuman ability, hive minds in re 0, the red glowing magical crystal, and the supernatural little girl are scientifically explained in the re universe and they re explanation is consistent whit re universe plot , they are not over the top in the re series, they are over the top and unreal for rile life but still real and explainable in the re universe

By your statement than nemesis, birkin, tyrant and other re enemies should be over the top too, they are immortal monster that didn't die and continue to transform

Cj getting shoot in sand andreas is a gameplay feature that all game have that's not over the top

Saint row is an over the top game and it was stated from the start as an over the top game, that's not a problem as long as the over the top part ia present from the start and consistent

I don't think none of the re are over fhe top since they are consistent whit they're in universe explanation and law, probably only re 6 is the only over the top and unplaisable re game: car that sequentially explode, plane that safely land into city, normal people who take helicopter missile into the face whitout a scratch, jake running a motorcycle and make jump that should have destroyed the bike instantly ecc...

Resident evil just started whit non real and fake science, but in its universe it was possible for tyrant to exist, zombie, superhuman wesker ecc... But it was never presented as a game where all that stuff in re 6 could be possible, that s why i think re 6 it's the only over the top re...
Just my opinion of course

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think it's ridiculous to think that the original games were over the top based purely on having silly unrealistic concepts because it's a fictional video game with cheesy voice acting. Resident Evil was a pretty grounded series for its time and never would anyone describe it as an overly exaggerated take of its inspirations or genre. The series has definitely gone further into the absurd throughout the years, even if it tries to present it as normal as possible in-universe.

Jonipoon

@Albertwesker959 I think you should go back and read my previous explanation about sci-fi horror. That explains why something like Nemesis is more grounded than superhuman Wesker. For example, Dino Crisis is very much grounded in sci-fi horror just like the first 3 RE games.

It doesn't matter if it is explained within the RE universe. ANYTHING can be explained no matter how silly it is, but it doesn't make it more believable.

I didn't outright say that CJ getting shot at 2 feet away was over the top, I used it as an example to explain exactly why gameplay feature of older games can be wrongly perceived as "over the top". I basically used GTA: San Andreas as a defense for the original RE1.

Top Bottom