• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Things People Do Online That Annoy You

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Today two things happened to me today.

1st: I was doing mercenaries and someone comes in. A few seconds after I started the game the guy gets grabbed and he didn't shake the majini off and he got bitten then he left. That was just a lame excuse to leave because you got bit by a majini.

2nd: I played two rounds of mercenaries and when I got to experimental facility we died once. When we continued my partner had a rough time at the top and when he came down the elevator I decided to heal him because his health was low. He then leaves because I healed him.

This happened a few months ago and I forgot to mention it on here.

So I was on the demo and I wanted to do co-op on Shanty Town. When the game started it was going ok. A few seconds after it started I learned that the guy didn't know how to pick up ammo. I left the game because he didn't know how to pick up ammo and I couldn't tell him how to pick up ammo because it tells what he needs to press to pick ammo and I didn't have a mic at the time.

Another thing that happened on the demo was that I played co-op and I was matched up with a 5 year old. He said that he knows how to beat the first demo stage. He stayed in the building that you first get into on Public Assembly and he never left the building. Then he dies by the executioner and he blames me because he died.

The last thing that happened was that I played Shanty Town on co-op and this guy tryed to kill me the handgun. As everyone knows you can't hurt you partner with guns on the demo. As soon as he figures out that he can't kill me he leaves.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
BIGHARD CHEATER;48709 said:
not even using a herb when our health was low, he saved them for when we when into dying status
What is the "dying status"? Is that when your character is dead but you can still raise him from the dead or something to that effect?

Edit,
Holy cow, look at the entity in my avatar and my post count. :eek:

666eddie.png

teal27

Romero;49069 said:

What is the "dying status"? Is that when your character is dead but you can still raise him from the dead or something to that effect?

The dying status is when your character has been hurt so badly they can no longer defend themselves or even heal themselves. The screen takes on a reddish haze and the character in question staggers at a PAINSTAKINGLY slow SLOG of DOOM because all your character can do is limp around at this point looking pathetic.:ermm:

And your health bar turns red and there is this pulsing hearbeat noise as the last remnants of your "emergency health" start dwindling away and you feel terrible as your character sits there gasping for breath because of your stupid mistake, lol. Oh well. At least, I do. Especially if the character is Chris. *tears*:( If you are sitting in my room, you typically here "Oh for crying out loud." during this point of the game.

Meanwhile you desperately hope that your partner is close enough to heal/resuscitate your character before all is lost. Unless your playing solo, in which case you jab the assigned button for Xbox or PS3 for all your worth. :)

If you can't do that, or if your partner doesn't get to you in time, or if you are attacked while dying, you, well, die. :confused:

Kellyrose

teal27;49111 said:

And while all of this is going on, they still have enough strength to scream "I need help! Help me! I'm not gonna make it! Ah help me! You failed me!" ect ect, until their dying breath, like its their last wish to annoy the heck out of you :rolleyes:

Hoady

We like did a really hard part on veteran where two big bastards with gatling guns come out and 3 of those bugs that kill you in one hit.Ridiculous man we didn't have enough ammo to win, so i told him to buy a rocket launcher but he wouldn't so i take up the fricken courtesy to get one eventually and when we win and get to the next part he bloody left so i had no money left!

Little bastard man.

teal27

Kellyrose;49115 said:
And while all of this is going on, they still have enough strength to scream "I need help! Help me! I'm not gonna make it! Ah help me! You failed me!" ect ect, until their dying breath, like its their last wish to annoy the heck out of you :rolleyes:

Lol! Yes! I encounter this a lot when I play with someone who is Wesker in Mercs. For someone so tough (*spits*) as Wesker, he sure whines and complains when he's dying. Sheesh. :sleep: I mean, it's just a little blood, Al, get over it. Maaan.

They spam that "O" button for all it's worth; it's kinda funny actually. I'll be running for them and Chris is just getting berated the entire time "You failed me! You failed me! How is this possible?! You failed me!"

I wish Chris had a line to reply with instead of being all polite with "I'm coming" and instead say something like "Keep your shirt on!" (once is enough, ha ha!) or "Suck it up, ya loser!". Oh well. I think this stems from my absolute dislike of Wesker as a, er, person? Even though he makes a good partner in Mercs (when the player isn't spamming the HELP button, that is, lol.)

ON TOPIC: Entered a Slayers match where everyone was shooting at and stalking the other players. NOT FUN and very annoying. Couldn't wait for that match to be over with. . .

wpstudart

teal27;49203 said:
Entered a Slayers match where everyone was shooting at and stalking the other players. NOT FUN and very annoying. Couldn't wait for that match to be over with. . .

Man, you're right, I'm tired of playing Slayers to get the stupid trophy, but they start to kill the teams! THIS ISN'T A TEAM SURVIVORS :pirate:

teal27

^ My thoughts exactly! I mean, when the other players are actually bypassing Majini to get to you, that just seems stupid. :confused:

Kellyrose

Yeah its a bit annoying, but its their loss, if they are ignoring majini and just killing players they probably wont win

Personally though, I like being able to kill players in slayers. If I see someone gunning after a boss, I can kill them and take their kill! =)

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
This is possibly the most annoying thing for me is:

People how try to kill you for no reason on The Mercenaries and on Co-op story.

Anothing thing that annoys me is quiters.

teal27

Well, I guess I just apply the Golden Rule to too much stuff,... even things that aren't reality,lol. I've always been that way with video games; probably why I lose a lot.Ha ha. I don't want to treat players any differently then I want them to treat me.

I don't like backstabbers, so I don't backstab other players,etc.

Admittedly, I would probably be pretty mad if someone came along and killed me right before I scored a killshot on a boss, so chances are I wouldn't do it to someone else. I might race them for the kill, though, see if I can nail the boss before they do,:lol: Are my chances of a poor score higher? Probably, but I'd really feel bad if I took advantage of someone who was clearly distracted. The win wouldn't mean much to me.

Meh. It's a dumb form of sportsmanship that I apply to VG's, I suppose; I'm not saying it's better than anyone elses, just defending why I play the way I do. :)

I probably sound really whiney and I'm sorry. Everybody plays the way the want to, this is just the way I prefer.

ResidentZelda

Haha I hate quiters too. Example I was watching my uncle play (yeah I don't play anymore) and there's this kid that you could calculate that he was between 5 and 8 years old lol and he was like every 5 mins on the mic "Daddy! I need help here!" my uncle and I were laughing our asses off XD. That's something I'll never forget XD. I also hate people who scream random things in the mic like "oh did you know that my dog pooped in my carpet yesterday?" and I have a face like WTF. so then I just left lol

Kellyrose

Well, everyone has their own play style.

I guess it doesn't bother me that much to kill them because people do the same thing to me all the time. :rolleyes:
Although if I've been playing with the same people for a while and they haven't been hostile towards me or my teammate, I probably wont attack them.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
teal27;49290 said:
Well, I guess I just apply the Golden Rule to too much stuff,... even things that aren't reality,lol. I've always been that way with video games; probably why I lose a lot.Ha ha. I don't want to treat players any differently then I want them to treat me.

I don't like backstabbers, so I don't backstab other players,etc.

Admittedly, I would probably be pretty mad if someone came along and killed me right before I scored a killshot on a boss, so chances are I wouldn't do it to someone else. I might race them for the kill, though, see if I can nail the boss before they do,:lol: Are my chances of a poor score higher? Probably, but I'd really feel bad if I took advantage of someone who was clearly distracted. The win wouldn't mean much to me.

Meh. It's a dumb form of sportsmanship that I apply to VG's, I suppose; I'm not saying it's better than anyone elses, just defending why I play the way I do. :)

I probably sound really whiney and I'm sorry. Everybody plays the way the want to, this is just the way I prefer.
Teal, I think I am exactly like you. I've never played online games, but if I did, my rules would be the same as yours. A victory without honor would not taste good.

teal27

ResidentZelda;49307 said:
I also hate people who scream random things in the mic like "oh did you know that my dog pooped in my carpet yesterday?"

BWA HA HA! That has never happened to me. Well, no, wait, my dog HAS pooped on the carpet before, I just never told my teammates about it. :D

Romero;49363 said:
Teal, I think I am exactly like you. I've never played online games, but if I did, my rules would be the same as yours. A victory without honor would not taste good.

I salute you, sir! If you ever get RE5 on the PS3, look me up; I'd be honored to have you as a teammate. ;)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
teal27;49499 said:
I salute you, sir! If you ever get RE5 on the PS3, look me up; I'd be honored to have you as a teammate. ;)
*Bows*

I'll buy a PS3 when I'm done with some PS2 games. I have said before that I would not bother getting RE5, but as I'm dragged deeper into the series I'll probably end up buying it heehee. I would love to play online with you. But I don't know if you still play it when I get RE5, it'll not be very soon.
But thank you so much! :)

Popo

who wants to add me to friends my ps3 online id is: Bruno_Di, so we can co-op together

teal27

Romero;49598 said:

*Bows*

I'll buy a PS3 when I'm done with some PS2 games. I have said before that I would not bother getting RE5, but as I'm dragged deeper into the series I'll probably end up buying it heehee. I would love to play online with you. But I don't know if you still play it when I get RE5, it'll not be very soon.
But thank you so much! :)

Aw, add me anyway. When I really like a game, I always come back to it.

I don't have a headset, but if that doesn't bother you, I'll add you GUNS N' ROSES. :) I think this negates me for Story Mode Co-op; you really need a headset for that. But I'm good for Mercs or Slayers.

If I forget, you can add me : my PSN is Teal27 (note the capital "t"). :) I'll see if I can get on sometime tonight.

Top Bottom