• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 THE Mercenaries Thread

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
The thing I tend to see in low scoring people is cautiosness. It tends to be that people are too careful. Spend less time running and more time shooting. Lean towards shotguns, learn to reload using the inventory, it's a ****load faster once you master it, especially with Wesker and his Hydra. Learn to combine items when climbing ladders to not waste time. All the game is is time management and assesment. Don't waste time trying to save ammo either. There's plenty of it. On solo, you should never run out unless you miss 70% of your shots. Stick to power weapons like shotguns and machine guns, use pistols and rifles for long range, use magnums on bosses. I'm willing to give a tutorial with any character on any level. If anyone needs help, my gamertag is next to me. If you have PSN tell me the character you're using and on what level on this thread. I'll give you an in-depth walkthrough on the forum, but please, if you have Live, spare the the drudgery of having to write it all and contact me on Live.

dell1555

how to get an insanley high score in mercs

The only way to get a SS rank in mercs is to get all time things and then just kill everything with mele atacks cause every time u kill something with a mele attack it gives u plus 5 seconds and if u can keep your time up and kill all 150 people the more time u have left it gives u a huge bounse somthing like 1000 a sec that is the way those people get those massive scores on the leaderboards.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Dunno, but you should Getting SS on Missle Area solo is a pain in the ass. I'm in the top 400 on leaderboards and still don't have an SS. Why because they never spawn when you need them to. Then whenn have a 70+ combo, they suddenly dissapear.
Also, with the theory on how the Asians rank so high; not quite.
A: Hitting does add five seconds, but for the time it takes to use the move you actually lose time still, just not as much. It's faster to blow them all away with a shotgun.
B: The thousand second bonus is great, truly. I teamed up with this badass guy online and we killed all 150 Majini in Public Assembly with the highest combo and like 90 or 100-something. Did we get anywhere near the top four-hundred? Hell no.
We scored around 130,000 and still had ten second on the clock. I can understand if we got 300,000 or even 400,000, at least then I can understand how there are scores of 600,000, but... we weren't even close... and we almost had a perfect combo, killed the chicken and all the Majini with time to spare and didn't even put a dent in their score. Honestly, I don't know how it's possible. Hackers....

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I suck at THE Mercenaries so bad Dx
I almost got 40k points on a solo game which is not hard for all you merc heads but I was usng chris bsaa cozzy haha the defult lol, the second axe dude killed me,I had to press B to heal myself but I got killed because all of a sudden i was surrounded haha, not that I saw this axe guy coimg because he never hits me unless he spawns right "behind" me.... which is what happens when im dong good lol... so I stopped playin' haha stupid mercs game f--kin' bull**** >8(
I bet peopel use haxx to get good scores lol my combos always go so fast youtube makes the merc game look so flippin easy yanno.

Has anyone got a real hint for me, I'm a massive noob on mercs mode seriously I never played it on RE4 because the handcanon thing was just overwelmingly hard haha But i did like HUNK he was awesome.
I assume Ive gotta learn where all the time things are of by heart.
mercs mode is sh-t. >8(

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Spend a round on a level finding routes to gather all the hourglasses efficiently. Whenever I pick a level I haven't memorized, I go through it once and figure out the best way to gather everything without wasting time. Also, stay away from the breakable walls, the axe will smash through and hit you. He doesn't have to see you to do it. Also, never stand still. Fire off two rounds and move to a different spot, this will minimize the number of cheap-ass off-screen attacks.

Morphosis

DegenerateElite;32481 said:
B: The thousand second bonus is great, truly. I teamed up with this badass guy online and we killed all 150 Majini in Public Assembly with the highest combo and like 90 or 100-something. .

Man, i wish i cud play with you guys and learn a thing or two! I finally been able to unlock all characters and level, and yet with Wesker Stars ive been able to boost my points but still nowhere near you guys!!
The best i did was in P.A. which i got 73110 and second highest i got its in Ruins with 67380... I can manage to get more combos! And like you said enemies just vanish cutting my combos short!! And i agree with you, melee gives bonus of 5 seconds but with all those animations i guess its just a 2 second gain at the end... so i just blow them to hell!

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
very true there are many things I have not apprehended or contemplated in my battle planz for the mercs mode, such as those points you made about those walls made of a very thin layer of african sh-t (joking xD) that axe man is so anoyying though haha with Wesker stars outfit he can kill those dueds in like three shot amirite?

So it's 40k to unlock a new character? when do you unlock jill bsaa?

Morphosis

Its +40000 to get A then u get a new character. If im not mistaken, Jill BSAA its Village? Or Ship? hahahaha sorry never used her so dont remember.... :(

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Thats cool lol, I need to start playing mercs on a more serious level haha I just run around an shoot people I need to concentrate on the combos because when the screen is empty of zombies its relly anoyying.... I should just run around on low-ish helth so more appear behind me xD

Morphosis

Remember to ditch the weakest weapon, it'll help you dramatically! I opened all stages and character with Chris BSAA, using only shotgun, granades n mines! Remember where your stuff are! :lol:

LSK_frenzy

RE5.;32604 said:
So it's 40k to unlock a new character? when do you unlock jill bsaa?

Morphosis;32611 said:
Its +40000 to get A then u get a new character. If im not mistaken, Jill BSAA its Village? Or Ship? hahahaha sorry never used her so dont remember.... :(

Nahh you get Jill's BSAA costume in the first level if you get an A or above rank. lol

I think my highest score with Wesker STARS (yes finally unlocked the bastard) was like 85,000 or something in public assembly. But the last time I tried to play I ended up dying a couple times, so I gave up. lol

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
HAAAA! Leaderboards numero 111 in solo Missle Area baby! Hell yeah! Didn't even try that hard, I just noticed an hourglass I kept overlooking... yep, I'm slow.

My highest solo with Wesker... 137,XXX something, can't remember the last three digits. Public Assembly.

Yeah, Jill BSAA is the Public Assembly, Jill Battlesuit is Ship Deck.

Also, ditching your weakest weapon only works for the easy levels. The levels from about the ruins and on, you'll run out of ammo REAL quick. Especially if you're on duo. Solo is slightly less of a problem, but only slightly. I tend to use Wesker and Jill and while I usually have issues with shotgun ammo for Wesker, I hardly have any issues with Jill. So the character you use mught influence the amount of ammo you get.

Morphosis

DegenerateElite;32744 said:
Also, ditching your weakest weapon only works for the easy levels. The levels from about the ruins and on, you'll run out of ammo REAL quick. Especially if you're on duo. Solo is slightly less of a problem, but only slightly. I tend to use Wesker and Jill and while I usually have issues with shotgun ammo for Wesker, I hardly have any issues with Jill. So the character you use mught influence the amount of ammo you get.

Yes agreed, when going duo shotgun shells become a problem specially when two using shotgun, but Solo, i never ran out of shells, even on Prison stage, but of course, cant go trigger happy, i use action command whenever available, so to save some bullets. And one thing really ****es me, when i go duo, the other dude keeps taking ammo they dont need!! And then doesnt give them to me! Really stupid move! I dont take ammo i dont need, and if sometimes i mistakenly take some, i go and give them the ammo! People should learn how to play smart.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
No one understands it's technically a survival horror so ammo and coordination are important; but... I can't blame them. If RE5 was my first taste of Resident Evil I wouldn't think is was a survival game either. I'd just say it was a really odd action game.

Ryan

YES! Broke me damn record again! Wesker STARS on Village and got 106,460 and a rank 'SS'.

Get in there!

Top Bottom