• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Terrible?

Broken Butterfly

I found the first two RE movies entertaining, though by no means as exciting as the games. However, the third movie made me roll my eyes because it just got ridiculous. Firstly, Alice is like God or something--which took away a lot of the fun of the first two movies. Secondly, they destroyed the world quite literally with the T-Virus and in a sense backed themselves into a hefty-sized hole. Now whatever subsequent movies they make will have to have the whole desert-y thing happening to it.

I enjoy watching the second one quite a lot, but I think they missed some opportunities. There's a lot of potential with what could have happened, but they kind of blew it. And Jill is lame in the movie.

Hoady

GUNS N' ROSES!;47246 said:
i think the movies f***ing sucked, wtf happened to good old resident evil stories, the mansion incident, leon and claire's story, code veronica, i mean wtf, stupid characters like alice and matt(wtf) show up, alice becoming superhuman, zombies becoming inteligent, carlos dying WTF, worst movies ever made in my opinion, btw jill is the only good character in it for me

LOL i hated Jill the most.She started jumping around thinking she was king ****, she wasn't one bit attractive and she just blatantly acted like a moron.I don't know who hers or who alices actors were but now i just think there unworthy douches.The only worthy person in Resident Evil movies was that black guy with the gold desert eagle that nemesis doesn't kill lol but i forget his name.

Are you talking about Mike Eps? The same guy that played in Next Friday and Friday after Next? All about the Benjamins. Ect.

Hoady

013;47276 said:
Are you talking about Mike Eps? The same guy that played in Next Friday and Friday after Next? All about the Benjamins. Ect.

Well he was black and all those people in those movies were like black homies lol so possibly.I saw Friday After Next a long time ago, it was damn funny but i dunno if he was the same actor.

Drake Sykes Hellion

Personally, the first movie was the only one that seemed slightly close to Resident Evil, the other two were just...ugh, not.

And where did Alice come from? and the S.T.A.R.S were so...well, the best of the best and yet they make a slight appearance to only get killed off so easily.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Tyrant;45749 said:
Honestly, And I dont care if you all bash on me but I thought that besides the first movie the resident evil MOVIE series was terrible and here are my reasons.

1.It was directed by Paul W.S Anderson the worst friggen dirrector in the world

2.George Romero was supposed to make it and he even had a script made for it

3.Alice with Superpowers? Thanks alot...

STOP WHINING! (spelling!>.<)

yes, we get it:
you resident evil gamers hate the movies... WE GET IT!

i find it REALLY annoying when there is a new thread about this EVERY SINGLE day.

STOP WHINING!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Hmm, I've never seen a new thread popping up about this every single day... :rolleyes:

People here have given their opinions on the movies and why they feel the way that they do about them. So, instead of getting frusterated and telling people to shut up, why don't you let us in on why you think they were good movies first? Maybe that way we can discuss it calmly and rationally instead of telling eachother to stop whining.

Davinfected

I put the live action RE films in the same categorie as I put movies like Terminator 3 and Catwoman.

They are films which have sprung from a good concept and deserve better, but have been pulled off badly. But still, I find them entertaining. I do like a good crap movie every now and then.

Selenatripox;48356 said:
STOP WHINING! (spelling!>.<)

yes, we get it:
you resident evil gamers hate the movies... WE GET IT!

i find it REALLY annoying when there is a new thread about this EVERY SINGLE day.

STOP WHINING!
I get tired of people whining about how they want zombies back blah blah and hating on the format of the new games. But I just ignore the topics and let people vent. Im not trying to sound mean but there are good and valid reason that most RE game fans think the movies are garbage. Heck, I have yet to find someone that has made a good point to liking and accepting them as a RE film.

And as what LFF said, there is not a thread on this everyday. Most haters of the films don't wanna think about those terrible (In my opinion) movies everyday.

wpstudart

I like the game and the movies. It doesn't make sense people say "GAMERS DON'T LIKE THE MOVIE". I like them both, and I respect who like and who doesn't like. This thread is only for showing opinions. I like action films, that's why I liked the film. But I love the game. I think it's just a film based on the game, not a film showing the story of the game.

It's just like the resident evil 5 discussion, it doesn't have end. "RESIDENT EVIL 5 DON'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED RESIDENT EVIL"
"RESIDENT EVIL THE MOVIE SUCKS, IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ANY RESIDENT EVIL"

I agree when people say that. I think that resident evil the movie lacks the resident evil storyline, letting some players really disappointed. I was disappointed when I saw the movie, but I liked. Everyone has it's point of view.

But the more I say, less some people will read. The movie isn't a Resident Evil, but he has some stuff of the game. I think it had to have another name, but it's to late.

The movie in the point of view of Resident Evil gamers, it's horrible. I agree with their point of view, but I like the movie anyway, because in my point of view, without the storyline point of view, is great.

This is what I think .-.

^That's why I said most of the RE gamers not all. And even the RE gamers that like it don't see it to be a true RE title. I think most would agree that the movie should have a completely different title. But like you said, it's unfortunately far too late.

I don't mind that some people like the movies. It'd be impossible for everyone to hate it, just like I don't expect everyone to love RE4 whether I agree on why.

BTW wpstuart I love your sig pic. Tee hee Chris and Wesker are perpendicular to each other lol, cool.

wpstudart

Thanks 013. I Liked your signature either, the Wesker draw and the text of this Chris' saying is awesome. And finally someone agreed with my point of view about the movie

^^ Thanks. That text is a real "poem" spoken by Chris in a Biohazard techno-like song. Im almost certain that's Chris' first voice actor, I read that it was him somewhere. Not to mention the fact that he saids it's him. XD

wpstudart

^I HEARD THIS SONG ONCE! The name is something like "BioHazard 2 Remixes: Met@morph"?
It's very cool =D And I think it's him.. I never look who it was, but I think it's XD

ResidentZelda

yeah they f--ked up the movies by Making Alice a superhuman, they should have kept her as a human because there's no RE character that has those powers (exept for Wesker but that's another story), And Jill oh Jill they made her lame by making her a smoker, shouting out a cursing word every 5 mins, and not making her sexy (hey I'm not homo it's not my faul she IS), and where's Chris, and Leon, and Carlos died? oh c'mon how lame can that be?

wpstudart

It's just lame that point of view. I hate the movie because of this. Sometimes I think they will put some outbreak characters instead of Chris, Leon.

I also think it's stupid how they keep adding in characters that were in the game bit by bit. I mean they weren't in the first movie don't bother. "Oh hey, maybe we should throw in Jill and Claire." Even though what they really did was throw some people in the movie and gave them the same name as the characters, I mean they didn't even f**king try with Claire. At least Jill has the outfit, but that's pretty much it. Trying to make up for not sticking to the real title by thowing in so called characters of the game. Bull!

Im sorry, I just can't bring myself to like any of it.

Samurai Burton

I hope This is Not My Blood!
My opinion is that the movies sucked so bad, also I really do think that Capcom never aloud Paul Anderson the rights to the origional characters, so thats why he created new characters, and what the hell was with the stars soldiers in resident evil apocalypse who the hell were.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i hate the way jill is portrayed in the film.
ive said it so many times, but i cant stress enough how much i don't like it.

Top Bottom