• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Terrible?

Tyrant

Honestly, And I dont care if you all bash on me but I thought that besides the first movie the resident evil MOVIE series was terrible and here are my reasons.

1.It was directed by Paul W.S Anderson the worst friggen dirrector in the world

2.George Romero was supposed to make it and he even had a script made for it

3.Alice with Superpowers? Thanks alot...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Tyrant;45749 said:
Honestly, And I dont care if you all bash on me but I thought that besides the first movie the resident evil MOVIE series was terrible and here are my reasons.

1.It was directed by Paul W.S Anderson the worst friggen dirrector in the world

2.George Romero was supposed to make it and he even had a script made for it

3.Alice with Superpowers? Thanks alot...

Don't worry... Most RE fans don't like the movies. They're over exagerated and don't follow the same concepts and ideals of the games. At least, they could try to know what people like before making the movies...
Also, they insulted Wesker, Jill, Claire, Nemesis, Carlos and all the other characters from the games by naming the movie characters after them.

Tyrant

Yeah I agree especially the fact how...
Well lets see
Wears Chris?
Who the F... Is Payton? Sure as hell not Jills Partner
Max...Nemesis...Try Serj's clone
Carlos dead? Yeah no...
AND THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER
GINGER NICHOLAI GINOVAEFF ! THIS ****ED ME OFF SO BADLY !

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Tyrant;45801 said:
Yeah I agree especially the fact how...
Well lets see
Wears Chris?
Who the F... Is Payton? Sure as hell not Jills Partner
Max...Nemesis...Try Serj's clone
Carlos dead? Yeah no...
AND THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER
GINGER NICHOLAI GINOVAEFF ! THIS ****ED ME OFF SO BADLY !

i agree with everything you said about the movies, they were the biggest piece of S/H/I/T to hit my tv screen, and to think i wasted money going to see extinction in the cinema, i left the screen disgusted.
one thing you missed out...jill trying to act badass and pouting in every scene she is in...**** off.

no one was even close to mastering a script for the movies, they should have put it off a few years.

Tyrant

My cat could make a better script then Anderson and Romero
the only close to a cannon was Nemesis...Funny id say that cause he only had one line... Thank god that's less bleeding for all of us.

And my opinion Degeneration
30 Minutes of Zombies
15 of G Mutation
1:15 Terrorism and Leon doing acrobats

PHAIL

D

Deleted member 1428

I liked the movies but yeah, they changed the whole concept of RE. They shouldve put in some more original characters and more known enemies. I mean really, in the first one a licker as a boss? Heck, I take those things out in a shot. They shouldve put Lisa Trevor in there or something.

Trinity

I hated the movies. The first one had a fair "new angle" RE storyline,the music and costumes were great.Alice's character was promissing in the begining,but the tables turned and she became an utter dissaster.
The 2nd and 3rd movie were an insult to all RE lovers through out the world.

Degeneration was a refreshing rain drop in the horrible desert in Re Movie Land.

Hoady

Trinity;45859 said:
I hated the movies. The first one had a fair "new angle" RE storyline,the music and costumes were great.Alice's character was promissing in the begining,but the tables turned and she became an utter dissaster.
The 2nd and 3rd movie were an insult to all RE lovers through out the world.

Degeneration was a refreshing rain drop in the horrible desert in Re Movie Land.

lol i guess thats a good way to put it, the first was not the best zombie movie created but it was certainly average and enjoyable to watch.I remember when i was young and i saw the ending then got hell excited and couldn't wait i thought'YEAH!This is gonna be like one chick in a deserted city killing zombies!Whats gonna happen?!'y'know kid excitement lol because I didn't like the underground environment setting so much.They honestly did have a decent ending to get people revved for the next movies and was kinda thinking what the hell when i watched the 2nd, they should've have just continued it exactly where the 1st left off.

How someone can ruin a story so badly is beyond me...seriously if someone told me to write a script or a novel on a zombie apocylapse it sure as hell would've been better then that crap.And what was the director thinking he should've at least played the games or studied the RE storyline before even thinking about making a movie.

Rollin6z

If you watch the commentary on the first RE, Anderson talks about his changes to bring RE to mainstream, it's just a bunch of BS to make excuses for his mistakes. RE1 should have been the ORIGINAL mansion incident (PS original version), RE2 should have been ... RE2, and 3 should have been Nemesis, or mixed Nemesis in with 2 and made 3 CVX.

Hoady

Rollin6z;46969 said:
If you watch the commentary on the first RE, Anderson talks about his changes to bring RE to mainstream, it's just a bunch of BS to make excuses for his mistakes. RE1 should have been the ORIGINAL mansion incident (PS original version), RE2 should have been ... RE2, and 3 should have been Nemesis, or mixed Nemesis in with 2 and made 3 CVX.

What a bastard and i mean it didn't even have to follow the RE storyline, literally the potential for the RE plot in a movie could've been huge and done so well but they give it too some moron no ones ever heard of and he screws it up.I mean in Extinction the ending just made me think "WHAT THE HELL"and left me in ridiculous disappointment.And what about those savages at the start?That gin was hideous!

Nemises;46974 said:
Ok honestly, I liked the RE movies.

As long as your not relating them to the games then thats all good lol.

Rollin6z

I'm a long time Resident Evil and Zombie phanatic; I can enjoy the first movie but i look at is as just another zombie movie instead of as Resident Evil, because then i just let myself down. It's a mental placebo. But the Zombie effects are best in Extinction, I like my zombies decayed as much as possible; last third of DotD '04 style.

I dispise the RE movies with every fiber of my being. I could go on about why but that would be as essay the size of a dictionary.

I understand that it doesn't have to be exactly like the game, but to make it completely different is unacceptable.

As Katt Williams would probably say, how do you make a movie and phuck up EV-er-ry-thang, EV-er-ry-thang? EV-er-ry-thang, Paul Anderson has phucked up EV-er-ry-thang. Nemesis, Wesker, Jill...EV-er-ry-thang. (Lol, I dunno if anyone else here has seen that comedy stand up.)

Tyrant

I honestly thought the RE Movies shoulda been completely based of the games because who wouldnt mind seeing some live action Resident Evil Mansion action?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I don't know about an RE movie that parrells the game exactly- I mean, what's the point? I would have prefered it if the RE movies kind of followed the storyline of the games- for them to be considered 'canon' that is. I know we had that with Degeneration, but I honestly really didn't like that movie. It was just very messy and not well-done at all.

I have to admit, I liked the first RE movie. I think it captured the same atmosphere as the games, and the fact that Alice was just a 'normal' person helped the reality of it for me. I kinda thought they got worse as it came along- Apocalypse was tolerable at best, and Extinction was just horrific. I don't know, once Alice became superhuman, I couldn't take them seriously anymore.

Popo

i think the movies f***ing sucked, wtf happened to good old resident evil stories, the mansion incident, leon and claire's story, code veronica, i mean wtf, stupid characters like alice and matt(wtf) show up, alice becoming superhuman, zombies becoming inteligent, carlos dying WTF, worst movies ever made in my opinion, btw jill is the only good character in it for me

Top Bottom