• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Story & character ideas for Resident Evil 8?

Who to cast for Resident Evil 8?

• Chris Redfield

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Jill Valentine

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Leon Kennedy

• Claire Redfield

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Sherry Birkin

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Jake Muller

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ada Wong

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Barry Burton

• Moira Burton

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Rebecca Chambers

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I've said this in another thread, but I'd really like RE8 to take place in a colder climate, preferably somewhere in Northen Canada, Alaska, or even Siberia. As long as there's plenty of snow and a rough climate that the player has to survive in. The story would take place in a small isolated village that's been infected by a new version of the T-virus. And as you discover more about the village, you'll find that there's a secret factory higher up in the mountains.

Think something like this, but more isolated and abandoned. It would be so cool to have a whole village to explore as your disposal.

iu

I'd prefer to play as Jill again. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a father-daughter-co-op between Barry and Moira Burton. That'd be sweet!

Jonipoon

These two together, bring it. Parent/guardian-with-kid seems to be a successful concept in video games (think Last of Us and God of War).

5HlZQ9L.png

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Sounds like the story/setting is already set in stone for RE8. It's gonna be set on an abandoned island with a laboratory:

Who the playable character(s) is/are is anyone's guess at this point.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Hmm an idea...this might sound silly but how about we introduce a new character...or Steve Burnside revealed to be alive and shed some light about the organization that Wesker worked for during Code Veronica...idk its just an idea

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Something that has always kept me interested in Resident Evil is the characters. So for me, any of the series mainstays or characters that were in supporting roles taking a more active role is fine. Though I really think an appearance from Jill is long overdue.

The only characters I'm never bothered about seeing again is anybody from RE7.

Jonipoon

I think the story of Eveline and the Bakers should absolutely be referenced in RE8 as an "important event", but both Ethan and Mia should be kept out of the actual game. Have them be put under witness protection program or something.

I definitely see RE8 as being Jill Valentine's return to form. Like Jen said above, her appearance in the series is long overdue and she has to be redeemed. Considering how RE7 ended, I suppose we have to throw Chris into the mix as well, but the main scenario should first and foremost be Jill's.

RedfieldFan

I think the story of Eveline and the Bakers should absolutely be referenced in RE8 as an "important event", but both Ethan and Mia should be kept out of the actual game. Have them be put under witness protection program or something.

I definitely see RE8 as being Jill Valentine's return to form. Like Jen said above, her appearance in the series is long overdue and she has to be redeemed. Considering how RE7 ended, I suppose we have to throw Chris into the mix as well, but the main scenario should first and foremost be Jill's.
I don't think Jill will be in RE8 at least not as a main character. It seems that RE3make will release before RE8 and I doubt they'll use Jill twice in a row. Obviously I could be wrong.
I'd love to know what happened to Jill after RE5.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Ah, the year of Jill Valentine.

Hey - Nintendo dedicated a whole year to Luigi, so we have a precedent for this!

I suppose the thing I want the least is entirely new character in RE8. Attach us to the lore!

Jonipoon

....It seems that RE3make will release before RE8....
There's nothing official about that so far. I think most of the sites who're reporting on that rumor are just trying to get easy clicks, because they know people are extremely excited about a R3make after the massive success of RE2 remake. Long story short.

I mean, Capcom already announced that they were working on RE8 back in September 2017. At that point, they were still not sure if the RE2 remake was going to be successful. It wasn't until E3 2018 when buzz spread about the trailer and gameplay footage that Capcom would start to have an idea about its possible future sales.

Of course there's always the possibility that they've fast-tracked a R3make but it's pure speculation at this point.

RedfieldFan

Ah, the year of Jill Valentine.

Hey - Nintendo dedicated a whole year to Luigi, so we have a precedent for this!

I suppose the thing I want the least is entirely new character in RE8. Attach us to the lore!
Yeah, every game should have at least one of main characters as playable. (Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire)
There's nothing official about that so far. I think most of the sites who're reporting on that rumor are just trying to get easy clicks, because they know people are extremely excited about a R3make after the massive success of RE2 remake. Long story short.
True, but wether or not we get R3make before RE8 or not, I still doubt that Jill will feature in two games in 4 row. Of course it could happen (and I kinda hope it does) I just don't think so...

black 93

Jill needs to appear, canonically she's been gone for ten years. In that time characters that have been absent for just as long (Barry, Sherry and Claire) have all come back. Even Rebecca has had a canonical appearance. Though Capcom will likely use her appearance in RE3 remake as an excuse for that and we all know the old characters are 'too overpowered now' ...sigh....To be perfectly honest im not interested in RE8. RE7 was the weakest entry in terms of characters i think we've ever seen. The story wasn't a high point either. Capcom have just messed up the mainline series in terms of story now, every game feels different and unconnected, and has done ever since RE4. RE8 has been said to be diving deeper into the backstory of the creation of Eveline, and while that does sound the right next step in terms of story, im just not invested in a little samara girl that didn't really show up until the last half hour of the game. I just wish we could go back to 2009 and rework RE5's story a little, before all this Clone, Revelations, and molded nonsense. Long story short, i want RE3 remake. Everything else....meh.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
im just not invested in a little samara girl that didn't really show up until the last half hour of the game. .
I thought this too - Eveline literally was a copy of Samara from The Ring. The similarities are just so obvious.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree with the Samara thing - except that I think it was a smart move.

RE7 was an homage to the great horror experiences in the last few decades. They purposefully borrowed elements of iconic horror films and media to pay homage to the works of those that came before it.

In RE7, we see great homages/Easter Eggs referring back to The Ring, Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes, The Grudge, etc.

I think these hidden references are a treat to discover and while they may look like stolen properties, I think they are subtle enough that the experience is kept whole.

Top Bottom