• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Something that I noticed recently.

ResidentZelda

OK at the Start of the game with Leon you see that he goes around the city in the police car and patrols the city. So how come that he never saw not even 1 zombie or the destruction around the city? just wondering because it didn't meke sense to me.

Levan

Polkka. lol
I'm not really sure, but when I saw the opening, Leon was inside a car that was going towards Raccoon City, I think he wasn't in patrol at that time. He probably have just recently arrived there.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Maybe he saw some zombies, but he didn't notice they were normal people. It's strange that there wasn't a city block, but maybe the outbreak hadn't occurred much time before he got to the city. And he also doesn't see all the fires, roadblocks, etc.
The same happens to claire...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Ah... the same reason they noticed that very intact van and decided not to hotwire it and drive out of the city. :lol:

It's been a long, long while time I saw the opening scene- but wasn't Leon already aware of everything when he first appears on screen with Claire? I thought the first time we see him, he tells Claire to duck so he can shoot. At this point, I'm assuming that this occurs not too long after the shot of him driving.
Unless of course, I'm entirely wrong and Leon is driving in the light of day while the next scene occurs at night, haha. As I've said- it's been a while since I saw it last.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Actually there are two alternate versions of the opening movie, one on Claire's point of view and the other with Leon's. I think it depends weather you play Claire A or Leon A, but again, I'm not really sure since I haven't played this game. :p

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Nah, I think that's about right. I can't seem to remember what happened in Leon's opening scene at the moment, heh.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i think it was just done by the game creators as a way of building up suspense, if he's driving into a zombie infected city, with them literally in pacts of hundreds, what are the odds, he's gonna keep going and not turn away and flee.and theres also the possibility, that from the entrance to the city, he maybe so a few but didnt think to notice if there jsut standing around.

Trinity

He arrived by night,tommorow would be his first day on the job,so the outbrake caught him while he was travelling I think :)

mastermind

what it says in multiple sources is that he was late for work and was staying in a hotel from a different city and the reason you dont see any zombies is because he is on a raised highway. you know the ones that are like bridges but dont really go over anything they are just raised and how many people do you know decide to go for a run up on those things, right????
and also he coming in at the outskirt of town and it probably hadn't reached that far yet

bruno

Chief Researcher
There's 4 intros:
Leon A, Leon B, Claire A, Claire B.

The biggest difference is from Claire to Leon. In the beggining of the video, it foccuses in the character you play as.
In the ending, depending on what side of the street (scenario A or B) you should stay, the car will crash frontally or backwards, so that the cutscene matches the street you strart in.

bruno

Chief Researcher
watch the differences between the end of Leon A and B intros, for example.
In the scenario , the car crashes backwards, so that they face the truck.
In scenario B, when the character runs out of the car, it will br in the opposite street. If you notice, in scenario B, the car crashes frontally, and they see the truck through the inside mirror.

loathsbane

it was his first day on the job as leon clearly states, meaning that he was heading to his destination (raccoon city) from another place in the world.

Top Bottom