• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smoke?

Chloe_Ryder

I used to smoke Marlboro and Peter Stuyvesant (the blue brand). When I had money. I used to just score one or two cigs off my friends, especially after they stopped selling singles at the dairy. I just had no bucks for it.
Oh, and on occasion those long, thin, classy looking cigarettes. No idea what they're called. They were pretty crap for the price we paid though. I used to be a social smoker, like how some people only drink in social situations. Not dependent on it or addicted to it.

Nowadays I really don't care if people smoke. There's a big label on most packets that says you're risking your health and those of people around you, and also your own life, if you're to smoke. My mum in-law used to smoke a box of 200 cigs in two weeks, I think. Anyway she always had a cig in hand. I never pushed her to stop or told her to stop (unlike some) but she did it on her own last year. She made the choice to quit just before she came over for our last baby's birth. We never judged her or lectured her, she's a grown woman and responsible for her own actions. We supported her either way, and she knew we didn't like smoking and we had our boundaries, like how we'd prefer her not to smoke around the kids. But they've got laws here in NZ anyway that you can't smoke inside a house you're renting so....

The only tizz I have with people who smoke, are those who deliberately smoke around playgrounds and schools and fields where children are present. Specifically MY children. But those people are asking for confrontation by parents anyway.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I'm just going to be blatant about it LOL...I'm a stoner :p some of you already know this. I don't always talk openly about it. I'm fully functional and everything. It's just like smoking cigarettes to me, I do it casually..to relieve a stressful situation and whatnot.

And my favorite drink would have to be good ole Jack and Coke ;)

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Fave drink

Real-Food-Festival-Aspall-008.jpg

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'm just going to be blatant about it LOL...I'm a stoner :p some of you already know this. I don't always talk openly about it. I'm fully functional and everything. It's just like smoking cigarettes to me, I do it casually..to relieve a stressful situation and whatnot.

I like green from time to time. You can't beat it. I just enjoy the giggles and the fun conversations and the creative side of me that comes out. :p

Silverback

Moving Mountains
There are more things to smoke than just cigarettes my friend...Hell, Marijuana actually has some good side effects...
Now, I agree with you on this point. I think weed is healthier than tobacco because it's a natural substance. Weed has a crapton of good side effects. I don't remember how, but you can actually make a decent-sized house out of it. I don't remember the process, but it's possible.

Sounds impossible, but in a documentary I saw, marijuana was somehow made into a unique kind of wood, and proven that it was strong and sturdy enough that you could build things with it, including the wooden beams for houses.

I wish it was legalized.

Silverback

Moving Mountains

Sorry for the double-post. I missed this post before.

This is the only reason I desire to smoke hemp. If it relieves stress I really don't see why not. It's a natural substance anyway but the British government claim all kinds of BS reasons as to keep it illegal.

VP-70: I wouldn't ban cigarettes, I'd have to destroy them and anybody caught using tobacco to develope them would be fined a hefty price. Three strikes and they're out. If they continued after that, they'd be imprisoned for a year. This wouldn't apply to marijuana.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh. I just want a world where people are free from giving themselves/giving others Cancer.

This is not a personal attack on you, by the way. No need on hurting peoples feelings.

Hoady

Marijuana has a 1000 different uses. You can build concrete out of it, plastic, strong fibres for things like clothing,help asthma and with the right method applied, even cure cancers. I do not smoke it because i can't handle it, but for the people who can cope with it, it can have tremendous benefits. When someone is aggressive are they on alcohol or are they smoking pott? And how many people have died from smoking it alone? ZERO.

To rant here:Now don't get me wrong, anything that is abused is very bad, marijuana like alcohol if abused, can be extremely damaging mentally or physically. If you smoke $100 bags of this chronic stuff every single day it is going to screw up your mental health big time.But if people would smoke it in moderation or at least alter the strength or side affects of pott then i think we would find it very beneficial.People don't smoke alot of pott for the sake of it, there is always a reason for any addictive behaviour.Do you know what ****,other drugs and pesticides these dealers put on it now just to get a sale?How stupid are these governments i mean really.

Thats what the government should really be doing, get scientists to boost positive effects and erase negative effects, making it weaker or stronger where necessary. Also let people have places to smoke marijuana to experience it in safe environments to try.Then it LOSES IMPORTANCE and people don't care about it. If you ban something and give it laws then you will give it extreme importance and people will start to go underground because they are being suppressed.Don't ban anything.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
VP-70: I wouldn't ban cigarettes, I'd have to destroy them and anybody caught using tobacco to develope them would be fined a hefty price. Three strikes and they're out. If they continued after that, they'd be imprisoned for a year. This wouldn't apply to marijuana.
Government corruptibility is something you've spoken about with quite a bit of disdain a number of times on this forum... isn't giving government officials and representatives the ability to throw people in prison for smoking cigarettes only going to severely add to this problem? Prisons are already over-populated on account of marijuana busts. If you go ahead and prohibit cigarettes because they're a health hazard, then what's going to keep the government from stopping there?

What's that, you're eating a Big Mac? That thing is chalked full of cholesterol. Six years probation!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I have a real issue with the whole smoking weed thing - but that's for more personal reasons which is why I don't vent about it publicly.

I wonder if there is another use for the tobacco plant other than smoking it? Does anyone know?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have a real issue with the whole smoking weed thing - but that's for more personal reasons which is why I don't vent about it publicly.

I wonder if there is another use for the tobacco plant other than smoking it? Does anyone know?
Well, people chew it...If that's what you mean...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
More like how hemp has multiple uses, perhaps tobacco has some?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
If it is all indeed true then that is very interesting, thank you. Particularly the malnourishment and natural pesticide bits...

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Government corruptibility is something you've spoken about with quite a bit of disdain a number of times on this forum... isn't giving government officials and representatives the ability to throw people in prison for smoking cigarettes only going to severely add to this problem? Prisons are already over-populated on account of marijuana busts. If you go ahead and prohibit cigarettes because they're a health hazard, then what's going to keep the government from stopping there?

What's that, you're eating a Big Mac? That thing is chalked full of cholesterol. Six years probation!
Good point. Lets fall on Jesus, and let Him put His plan into action.

There won't be a single tobacco farm or plant or anything of that nature in His coming system of things.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Today I tried Camel Activate. It's like regular Camel, but anytime you want, you can press something inside the filter and it releases a menthol taste for a while. It's really cool, since I like menthol cigarettes. However, I still prefer Marlboro.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
I've done hookah, smoked weed socially and smoked at school but I quit when I saw 1 priest 1 nun last year...dear god I cried after I retched and there is a youtube video of that as well.

0verture

I'm totally against smoking, but I don't think it should be illegal. Maybe the price of a single cigarette should be raised to the point of it being totally ridiculous. Also, they should stop selling cartons of cigarettes and only offer them in singles. The price of one cigarette? That'll cost you around six bucks (or whatever cigarettes cost these days).

Or we can just let people do what they want. No such thing as being free to not be allowed to buy/smoke something. That's not freedom at all...

It's not like if someone starts smoking, I can't just get up and walk away from them. Maybe smoking near children and the elderly (and those unable to get away if they please) should be outlawed.

Outrageous?

Top Bottom