• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smoke?

Hoady

Because i am a big fat hypocrite, i am smoking premade cigarettes now.Deal, Superking, JP. Cheap but they all taste the same to me. And i saw a dude with a big pipe the other day, it was pretty cool.

I dunno i make a concerted effort, stop for awhile, it can even be easy.But i feel one tick of stress or whatever and my perception totally changes, i don't care anymore.Not a helpful duality lol.And i realized you guys only get writing on the packets.. in Australia you get pictures of fried lungs, some babies,destroyed teeth and some zombie looking diseases.You don't even notice it though, guess your mind gets used to it.. or the pictures really do nothing to change a smokers reason to stop in the beginning

Hoady

i smoke about a pack and a half a day. smokings not near the biggest risk to my body though. ive put enough poisons in there to kill 10 elephants haha.

I generally cram about 10-20 cigarettes or backy a day in my body and i've always got a wheeze. My body may handle anything else alot better but i don't think my lungs are the 'uncle fred' type..you know, the guy who lives to 100 and smoked a pack a day for 50 years.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I sometimes wonder if the health scares of smoking are grossy hyped by money men ? Like the post above, there is too many pensioners who have smoked from their teens and in good shape.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I've been smoking on and off for 5 years. Going to quit at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Most of the time I just smoke Marlboro Reds. On occasion, I have been known to also buy Kamel Reds, Parliaments, and/or Pall Malls (if I'm broke).

I do sometimes order filtered Lucky Strikes off of the internet as well. Partly because they're $20+shipping for a carton which is a steal of a price.

My basic rule of thumb is no menthol, full-flavor cigs only.

The_Green_King

I generally cram about 10-20 cigarettes or backy a day in my body and i've always got a wheeze. My body may handle anything else alot better but i don't think my lungs are the 'uncle fred' type..you know, the guy who lives to 100 and smoked a pack a day for 50 years.
i feel you on the wheeze haha. i sound like im dying when i breathe. sometimes it gets so bad i cant sleep or ill wake up thinking im dying cause of it. it sucks, but its the price you pay to kill your self slowly lol.

nothing beats a K-red first thing in the morning haha.

Hoady

I sometimes wonder if the health scares of smoking are grossy hyped by money men ? Like the post above, there is too many pensioners who have smoked from their teens and in good shape.

I don't even think the scares help people stop. What do smokers do when they are anxious or nervous?They smoke.And in time you forget the warning labels are even there.If they had any knowledge of any addiction they'd realize most smokers aren't going to stop regardless of the consequences, even if it terrifies them. Plus on the money side, i think it is partly a ploy that leads people to buy those nicotine patches.

i feel you on the wheeze haha. i sound like im dying when i breathe. sometimes it gets so bad i cant sleep or ill wake up thinking im dying cause of it. it sucks, but its the price you pay to kill your self slowly lol.

nothing beats a K-red first thing in the morning haha.

Well i never cough violently but i've always got a itch in the throat i got to clear "hmm, hmm, hmm". The worse is the morning..its like rope burn in my throat. But it goes after 30 minutes.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Do smoking substitutes actually work? Or can people end up addicted to them instead of the cigarettes?

svp

yup, Blue dream and cotton candy kush, only when I'm feelin stressed or bored

Hoady

Do smoking substitutes actually work? Or can people end up addicted to them instead of the cigarettes?

Well i hear far more failures then success, plus i've seen people smoking while on nicotine patches. Why? They probably don't know either.

I don't think they help though because i don't believe you can stop taking a drug by putting the same drug in your body alone. Nicotine patches may work on the rare occasion but it wasn't the patch that made that person stop.It might've motivated someone a bit, but it was there mentality in the end. And yeah there are stories where people are totally hooked on the gum, patches or inhalers. Its still the smoking addiction i guess taken a new form, although they are still probably suffering...least they aren't destroying there lungs. I tried the patches once and just smoked later that day..they made me drowsy and feel sick.

I believe if you can't stop smoking it is likely you are attaching psychological baggage on the drug. Reason being is when i first stopped it was just shockingly easy, i had practically no withdrawals and i enjoyed not smoking..unfortunately though i smoked because "what does it matter, it was easy, i only want to do it socially anyway". Its been very difficult ever since.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ok, so I live in the big city...Springfield, Missouri in the US to be exact...And smoking is even banned in ALL public places...You have to be fifty feet away from any legitimate building/business if you wanna smoke...And idk about across the pond, but here in the states we have a type of fake cigarettes, but the use water vapor instead of smoke...It's kind of lame, but the biggest issue is that even THOSE are banned...I mean..How fu*ked up is that?

The_Green_King

are you talking about those e cigs? theyre just as addictive as cigarettes because they still have nicotine, but theyre safer in the sense that arent as many chemicals and "preservatives" as a normal smoke. theyre pretty cool, but nothing beats the real deal haha.

Hoady

Ok, so I live in the big city...Springfield, Missouri in the US to be exact...And smoking is even banned in ALL public places...You have to be fifty feet away from any legitimate building/business if you wanna smoke...And idk about across the pond, but here in the states we have a type of fake cigarettes, but the use water vapor instead of smoke...It's kind of lame, but the biggest issue is that even THOSE are banned...I mean..How fu*ked up is that?

Soon it will be your own car and home! I seriously think they will start building smoking booths and it will be the only place people are legally allowed to smoke.

The_Green_King

Soon it will be your own car and home! I seriously think they will start building smoking booths and it will be the only place people are legally allowed to smoke.
i wouldnt be surprised. my homie just got back from rehab in california (he went to dr. drews haha), and he said its illegal to smoke in your car with the window up. WTF is that!?!? i hate how people try and tell me what i can and cant put in my body. its bull****.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
i wouldnt be surprised. my homie just got back from rehab in california (he went to dr. drews haha), and he said its illegal to smoke in your car with the window up. WTF is that!?!? i hate how people try and tell me what i can and cant put in my body. its bull****.
Hoady, that's prbably DAMN true, and King, WTF!? It's YOUR car...I.E. YOUR property...That's like saying you can't smoke in your own home with all the windows down!

The_Green_King

Hoady, that's prbably DAMN true, and King, WTF!? It's YOUR car...I.E. YOUR property...That's like saying you can't smoke in your own home with all the windows down!
yeah dude theyre pretty damn harsh on smokers for a state known for medical marijuana haha. im pretty sure you have to be like 50 ft away from any public used door. where do you smoke then? the middle of the friggin street?!?! pretty damn sad.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
yeah dude theyre pretty damn harsh on smokers for a state known for medical marijuana haha. im pretty sure you have to be like 50 ft away from any public used door. where do you smoke then? the middle of the friggin street?!?! pretty damn sad.
That's my city as well...If you haven't read the post, so I understand that completely...

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
It's just past 5 am here, and the night has been filled with the usual demons...but dwn has arrived, and the fog is thick...the price we pay for having glorious weather yesterday. The bird are yet to crack the chorus, and the air is thick...Being out in the sticks it's mornings like this that make me understand why the Romans scribed in their Chronicles of Scotland being a ghostly place, a land filled with woe and burdens. They even went so far as to say Scotland, was it's self, the gates of hell.......Just a pity the empire builders didn't take kindly to Scottish hospitality, because had they been a little less....needy, they'd have seen mother nature pull the cloak from the earth, and reveal one of gods many master pieces.

It's on this note i light up a smoke, and head out into the woods, to take my Loyal Retriever for a walk....see if we can catch the spectre of a stag, or the fleeting feet of a Hare....or maybe a whisper from within the wind, from a soul long departed.

Top Bottom