• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Apocalypse appreciation thread!

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
This thread is for those who like the movie ONLY!

All of you who dont... well, dont come here. :)

RE:A was the best film according to me. :D

reggilexi

This is my order: RE: Apocalypse; RE; RE: Extiction. They all rocked big time though... 2 and 3 even made me cry. See, little bit of everything!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
extinction shouldn't be counted, they should do a decent follow up to apocalypse, not one that has the earth turning into a giant desert =__=
any more follow ups will suck, i mean they can't go on that much longer, they have alice a super human and her clones, probably super human too, going to take on the umbrella hq's..after that where can it go.

mastermind

i like this movie cause it shows what an actual group of citizens would probaby have to go through

reggilexi how did this make you cry

isnt this already kinda hijacking the topic

papa

yer i lvoe this movie it was everything a movie based on a video game should be FUN (jsut liek a video game)

jill rocked

the countless refrencess to the games were smart and were fun to point out

alice showed us some fun stunts

awesome creatures

comedy

a little horror/suspense

nicee actin sequences (not jsut fighting but riunning to etc)

...i even got a bit emotional with matt being the nemisis.

L Kennedy

i must say i agree with iHadeSsS, they shouldnt have made extinction

but i think RE Apocalypse was a good movie tough

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well I liked both the games and movies, so sue me.:)

I thought the first movie was really terrific.:) Apocolypse had it's moments, and the 3rd one was....not good.:)

Degeneration was nice too, just too bad they didn't do better with the music, having a good score like RE0 or Outbreak or RE5...or even the 1st movie.:)

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Okay, first off I have to say, I loved RE:A it, to me, was the best one out of the movies, because it stayed true to the games, or alteast tried to. I'm glad to see that there is an "appreciation" Thread to this movie. I dont see why everyone thought this one was worse then the first one. I couldnt stand the first movie, it was nothing like the games, the same goes for the 3rd movie. They should of just quit after the 2nd movie.

Anyways...thats just my opninion...:)

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
My two cents. I enjoyed all of the RE films (live-action) equally, but as zombie movies, not RE movie adaptions. IMHO the first movie was the best from the adaption standpoint. Handled properly it could have been a Prequel to RE1 (at the time it came out.) or RE0, and from there a decent RE adaption could follow. RE:A and RE:E were not decent RE adaptions, IMHO.
They could have easily changed the name of the city, company, virus, and creatures (W/ original designs) and came out with a good zombie trilogy in it's own right. To me nothing in RE:A or RE:E feels like Resident Evil. Sure their may be a nod or two to the games, or even a character in name only, but that IMHO does not make a good RE adaption alone.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Selenatripox;36261 said:
RE:A was the best film according to me. :D

That's how I feel! I loved the gritty-ness of the city :D Not mad on Jill's portrayal, but I'll let it pass :D

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Apocalypse was okay. I don't mind Sienna's Jill, I appreciate the fact that she actually did a little research into her character as opposed to Ali Larter who didn't even know who Capcom was. As for the movie itself, I thought it was decent up until Alice's fistfight with Nemesis.

See, I can say nice things about the movie.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
La Femme Fatale;51957 said:
I thought it was decent up until Alice's fistfight with Nemesis.

That's kind of how I feel.

Like I said, I love the gritty-ness of the city. The idea of RE3 coming to life was fun :D

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
I dont think they should of made Alice "SuperHuman" cause that..just kinda ruined it. Well, along with other things, but that was the main thing.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I have not seen this film, but I think I like it anyway. And if I'll find that it's not that good then I'll forgive it just because it's a RE film. ^_^

wolfgirl;52082 said:
I found out today that the actress who plays Jill comes from my region xD
That's cool! :D

Top Bottom