• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 to be 'brutally scary' and to 'go back to it's roots'!

Hoady

Don't expect it to go back to its roots, it will be a new style of gameplay.Can't wait!!Resident Evil 4 transitioned smack superb, brilliant in my opinion.Resident Evil 5 is great in its own right but i feel it was limited, it tried to preserve and overcompensate old game mechanics in favor of still trying to be a horror.In fact i don't remember getting a scare once.And with the dominance of action games on the market it is easy to say it can't just go half half, taking a step forward then bringing it back.Its got to maximise its potential and the step forward is definitely horror.

I love horror videogames and i hope Resident Evil 6 will bring something back to the genre.It seems to be hack,slash and gore these days.Thats not horror..Gore is of course extremely important but when you have nothing else to back it then i think its just disgusting(im hugely detested to most horror movies).Horror is reliant on survival,isolation,atmosphere,sounds and story.If done well tonnes of action can be incorpated..but you can't feel invincible, gotta be some sense of desperation know what i mean?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Don't expect it to go back to its roots, it will be a new style of gameplay.Can't wait!!Resident Evil 4 transitioned smack superb, brilliant in my opinion.Resident Evil 5 is great in its own right but i feel it was limited, it tried to preserve and overcompensate old game mechanics in favor of still trying to be a horror.In fact i don't remember getting a scare once.And with the dominance of action games on the market it is easy to say it can't just go half half, taking a step forward then bringing it back.Its got to maximise its potential and the step forward is definitely horror.

I love horror videogames and i hope Resident Evil 6 will bring something back to the genre.It seems to be hack,slash and gore these days.Thats not horror..Gore is of course extremely important but when you have nothing else to back it then i think its just disgusting(im hugely detested to most horror movies).Horror is reliant on survival,isolation,atmosphere,sounds and story.If done well tonnes of action can be incorpated..but you can't feel invincible, gotta be some sense of desperation know what i mean?
You, good sir, have summed up the entire reason for
A. Horror movies sucking.
B. How RE5 was good, but not scary
C. How to make the perfect RE game in theory...

Mako Crab

Watched the RE6 trailer just now. This looks to be the most action-heavy RE yet. Don't really see how this is "going back to its roots." Not interested.

Top Bottom