• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 to be 'brutally scary' and to 'go back to it's roots'!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I hope by that "going back to the roots that made Resident Evil great" dosen't mean that they are going to change the this game and every next game back to Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veronica or Gaiden (I consider them to be the absoulte worst Resident Evil games to be made. Gaiden was boring and not even enjoyabe, even for a handheld game. Survivor 2 was pointless, illogical, and belongs exactly where Ulli Lommel's "Black Dahlia", Richard Benjamin's "Milk Money", and Srđan Spasojević's "A Serbian Film" are right at this moment, at a landfill in the Satan's toilet).

Still, I'm pretty hyped about this game. I've pretty much love all the Resident Evil games, with the exception of Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veroncia and Gaiden, and I'm always up to what Capcom is throwing at the next game. I'm just hoping that they will leave any mutliplayer gameplay on a drawing board and take out AI partner's (I'm not saying that AI partners in the series is bad, but it makes the game more easy. If you really have to introduced a second-playable then make some sections for that character only, kinda like in Resident Evil: Dead Aim or Resident Evil 3.), but for love of everything that is fun please leave in optional co-op for the mini-games (You pretty much messed that up for Resident Evil 4 HD's Mercenaries and for Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD's Battle Mode. That was pretty much what kept me playing Resident Evil 5's Mercenaries mode for hours.).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ya, but, details, even a little at a time, would be nice. I mean, some of the RE5 deatils were released in 06, and it wasn't even out till 09...

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Keep hearing rumors about Leon and Jill being the couple this one. Sounds kinda strange since we all know they never meet in the games. Could turn out as something very interesting.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
I hope by that "going back to the roots that made Resident Evil great" dosen't mean that they are going to change the this game and every next game back to Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veronica or Gaiden (I consider them to be the absoulte worst Resident Evil games to be made. Gaiden was boring and not even enjoyabe, even for a handheld game. Survivor 2 was pointless, illogical, and belongs exactly where Ulli Lommel's "Black Dahlia", Richard Benjamin's "Milk Money", and Srđan Spasojević's "A Serbian Film" are right at this moment, at a landfill in the Satan's toilet).

Still, I'm pretty hyped about this game. I've pretty much love all the Resident Evil games, with the exception of Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veroncia and Gaiden, and I'm always up to what Capcom is throwing at the next game. I'm just hoping that they will leave any mutliplayer gameplay on a drawing board and take out AI partner's (I'm not saying that AI partners in the series is bad, but it makes the game more easy. If you really have to introduced a second-playable then make some sections for that character only, kinda like in Resident Evil: Dead Aim or Resident Evil 3.), but for love of everything that is fun please leave in optional co-op for the mini-games (You pretty much messed that up for Resident Evil 4 HD's Mercenaries and for Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD's Battle Mode. That was pretty much what kept me playing Resident Evil 5's Mercenaries mode for hours.).
How did you get survivor 2? i cant find it anywhere and it said it was canceled.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
How did you get survivor 2? i cant find it anywhere and it said it was canceled.
It wasen't cancelled. It was only released in PAL regions and Japan and wasen't released for North America, South America, Mexico, and Canada. I looked up some videos of it on Youtube and while I'm not supposed to judge a game on just videos, I just had to for RES2: Code Veroncia seeing how I will not be buying whatso ever since it was exclusive to PAL regions and Japan and I'm not going to pay hundreds of dollars just to buy it. Pretty much I couldn't stand looking at this game. The graphics looked like a PS1 game, there wasen't any voice work, the gameplay was boring, the game wasen't even that long, and the story didn't make any kind of sense as well being completely useless because it was all a dream of Claire's and how she even have Nemesis in her nightmares is beyond me seeing how she never did see him, and didn't even know about him during the time. I simply coudn't stand that game because it was too useless, too boring, and was just complete trash.
I'm sorry to anyone who actually likes that game, I didn't.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Keep hearing rumors about Leon and Jill being the couple this one. Sounds kinda strange since we all know they never meet in the games. Could turn out as something very interesting.
We haven't seen them meet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have already met in the series...It's my belief that Leon pulled some strings to form the BSAA, considering Chris really had no governmental pull that we know of...However, Chris knows Leon, and Leon has quite a bit of governmental pull I would think...

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
The BSAA was founded by Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, as well as nine other members shortly after the fall of Umbrella to combat the high numbers of BOW being sold on the black market.

Plus, Leon really didn't care about Umbrella thereafter. His job didn't consist in meeting with any of the BSAA executives or officials working under it. But if the rumor that Leon and Jill are the couple of RE6 will surely shed some light on more details of the storyline. We do know Leon and Chris have actually met.

While on the island prison of Rockfort Island, Claire sent Leon an e-mail asking him to inform Chris of her location so that he could come and rescue her. Leon managed to track Chris down personally, and told him of Claire's situation, and Chris headed for Rockfort Island after her.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
It wasen't cancelled. It was only released in PAL regions and Japan and wasen't released for North America, South America, Mexico, and Canada. I looked up some videos of it on Youtube and while I'm not supposed to judge a game on just videos, I just had to for RES2: Code Veroncia seeing how I will not be buying whatso ever since it was exclusive to PAL regions and Japan and I'm not going to pay hundreds of dollars just to buy it. Pretty much I couldn't stand looking at this game. The graphics looked like a PS1 game, there wasen't any voice work, the gameplay was boring, the game wasen't even that long, and the story didn't make any kind of sense as well being completely useless because it was all a dream of Claire's and how she even have Nemesis in her nightmares is beyond me seeing how she never did see him, and didn't even know about him during the time. I simply coudn't stand that game because it was too useless, too boring, and was just complete trash.
I'm sorry to anyone who actually likes that game, I didn't.

I see, well although i want ALL the re games, i wont be buying the ones that suck. So RES 1 and 2: not happening.
I have to say my fav RE game of all time was definitley RE REmake. Thank you for the info kind sir. :)

benfen

Leon fan
I'm still for Leon and Chris. Just so I know how they'd interact. Imagine that? Leon and Chris? Plus they're combos would be amazing

Leon roundhouse kick, Chris uppercut, Leon backflip kick, Chris stomp.

Chris hook, Leon side kick (thrust kick).

Chris neck crack, Leon stomp. More things like these. Ya dig?

And the disscussions would be golden.

bruno

Chief Researcher
We do know Leon and Chris have actually met.
What happened was that Leon managed to find Chris via his government contacts and warned him. We don't know if they met in person or not (in person is not the same as personally). But I don't think Leon would move to where Chris was to tell him Claire was in danger... It'd be more logical and less time wasting to call him or leave him a message.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
track down: to pursue until found or captured
In other words, meeting and informing him.

Plus the situation was delicate. She was in prison and seeing Leon actually cared a lot about Claire at that time, it appears more logical of him meeting and informing Chris himself instead of risking to have the information leaked and having Chris also captured.

Top Bottom