• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 5 dissapointments

Sexta_PT

One thing that take fear away is the infinite ammo.
After i complete the game on easy , i passed the game in normal and veteran with magnums with infinite ammo.

Duo

A horde of Crimson Heads would be **** to deal with even with RE5's controls.

We Are Ninja

I was kind disappointed in the fact that both times Sheva referenced their "fallen brothers", the lines carried no real weight. It wasn't that she delivered the lines without conviction, they just didn't seem to apply, and Chris didn't seem to care anyway, he was only there to put Jill's ghost to rest (or back in her body)...

faggot

i would say it being so similar to 4 but i kind of liked it like that... re5 had a good length, some pretty good bossfights and fun co-op

even though i didnt like it as much as resident evil 4 by far i enjoyed the different environment and the only thing i was disapointed in was the different outfits instead of characters in multiplayer. i liked how you had 5 different chars in re4 but in re5 its do you want to be chris1 chris2 even if they had completely different gear and stuff

to be fair i havent played any of the old resident evils though

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I thought that this game was one of the best in the series. I loved the story, gameplay, co-op, and everything. There was hardly nothing bad about it. It was perfect. It is going to be even more better when Lost in Nightmares comes out. It will be like playing the 1st game in the 5th game.

So in my opinion, I thought that it was one of the best games in the series.

The only bad part was the online co-op. It makes the game more fun, but if you are playing witt someone who is reckless, stupid, sucks, greedy etc, then it is best to just get out of a lobby. The only way that the co-op will be good is if you are playing with a mic and your partner has a mic as well, because if you can't communicate then you are pretty much f**ked when playing co-op.

Duo

I played the whole game on split screen with a couple different friends. I feel sorry for those who had to deal with it otherwise. I am of the opinion that the "one man army" effect of RE4 was more appealing and successful.

I did enjoy the story, but it was a lot better after I played the rest of the series, mainly RE1, CVX, and Umbrella Chronicles. It gave Wesker a lot more context as a villain.

Duo

All the complaints of bad AI or poor online co-op partners. I just wouldn't want that to be an issue.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
It's not a bad issue, I think some people don't know how the system works, the understanding of knowning weather to leave the AI in attack mode or the other setting lol...

I think attack mode makes the AI gather supplys as well as shoot things but the other mode they just hang back and dont really do anything lol. I dont really know exactly how it works but it does work.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
We Are Ninja;63196 said:
I was kind disappointed in the fact that both times Sheva referenced their "fallen brothers", the lines carried no real weight. It wasn't that she delivered the lines without conviction, they just didn't seem to apply, and Chris didn't seem to care anyway, he was only there to put Jill's ghost to rest (or back in her body)...

I concur, her character and her motives just weren't really important...

~Excella~

Premium
RE5 actually didn't disappoint me at all. I've played RE5 as many times as I have played the original and RE2 (which is half to death, lol). It's one of the better RE games and I am really pleased with it.

The only thing that was kind of annoying was when I'd be attacking enemies and Sheva would get behind me and try to shoot the enemies but was plastering my back with her bullets....

We Are Ninja

Play as Sheva with The Human Gunshow as your AI partner. At least Sheva is willing to stay behind you. Chris wants to lead the charge and take up half the screen doing it... o_O

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
We Are Ninja;66134 said:
Play as Sheva with The Human Gunshow as your AI partner. At least Sheva is willing to stay behind you. Chris wants to lead the charge and take up half the screen doing it... o_O

Maybe it's because Chris is really cool, or because he deserves our respect, but I find the AI Sheva to be much more annoying, as all of my hate for Capcom's changes and such are put into her one AI person.:)

SamuraiEdge

JadeSpeyer;66116 said:
RE5 actually didn't disappoint me at all. I've played RE5 as many times as I have played the original and RE2 (which is half to death, lol). It's one of the better RE games and I am really pleased with it.

The only thing that was kind of annoying was when I'd be attacking enemies and Sheva would get behind me and try to shoot the enemies but was plastering my back with her bullets....

Yeah I hate that, I even took her gun off her because it was annoying me that badly.

DeSilva

Honestly, I'm one of those guys that screams to the Heavens that it isn't Resident Evil anymore. It's a totally different set of events from the previous games. It and RE 4.

I think the reason why is simple, Even though it's entirely fictional, it's still believeable fiction. And at least for the first game, the story was very original, very fresh and new.

I miss those very simple, classic elements from the previous games:
Zombies, how can you screw up zombies? They were working so well. When they introduced the Crimson Head Element into the REmake, it was well crafted, unexpected, and totally within logical grasp (they died, they got up. They died again, they're getting up again).
The lack of ammunition, suspensful.
THe lack of an armory, you got one weapon from each class. Pistol, Shotgun, Ect, and that was it. It didn't matter how specealized it was compared to other weapons (like 4 and 5), but what did matter was that the thing shot bullets.

And what really matters to me, the stories were so much more darker, so much more compelling and captivating. with 4 and 5 we are seeing way too many details of the overall story, dwelling too much on past events and discovering new ones. The stories start to take the game in a different direction (the first game,get thrown into the darkness, survive this haunted house, come to realize it was a corperations fault. Resident Evil 5, Respond to Biological threat you already knew exists, find out who's behind it all, kill that person). While characters in the 5th game were certainly more compelling, the atmosphere, enemies, general story line and story narration just weren't.

I hear a reboot of the Resident Evil Series is possibly underway. I wouldn't mind getting back into the well crafted survival horror these games started out with. But that's all my opinion, and I'm probably a bit jaded on the issue becouse I write fiction, but I think the earlier games didn't need to be graphically beautiful, becouse the stories, plots, puzzles, enemies, situations were just as gracious and well crafted. I believe Stories speak louder than any over the shoulder view point, or a mass of weaponry, or the size of the enemy.

~Excella~

Premium
The whole zombie argument kinda bothers me. Yes, the zombies were the main enemies through many of the games but the main focal point of the RE universe are the viruses. People seem to think that RE isn't RE anymore just because there aren't zombies but that's just not true. Every RE game had viruses and the monsters were the end result. As long as there are virus outbreaks, it's still RE to me.

The game of course has changed over time and can you blame them for doing it? I sure can't because it gets boring playing basically the same game over and over again. Go play RE1-3 and try to count the similarities. All 3 games are basically the same. It's the same look, feel, story, etc. so it was nice and refreshing to see them change it up and give us something new. RE has since lost a lot of it's horror elements but, at the same time, I don't know about you guys, but I still get an intense rush, the same rush I got when playing the old RE games, when an enemy attacks. Those chainsaw majinis in particular get me all tensed up and my heart racing when they show up weilding their chainsaws so the intensity is stil there for me.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
DeSilva;66423 said:
I miss those very simple, classic elements from the previous games:
Zombies, how can you screw up zombies? They were working so well. When they introduced the Crimson Head Element into the REmake, it was well crafted, unexpected, and totally within logical grasp (they died, they got up. They died again, they're getting up again).
While I miss the zombies and want them to come back, I have to disagree with the 'working so well' bit. Working well in the game, yes. Working well in the market, eh. One of the main reasons for a removal of the slow moving zombies, in my opinion, is simply the fact that there's not really much of a market left for them. Not that I don't want to see zombies and crimson heads return - but when you look at it from Capcom's perspective, their main goal is to increase their profit margin and capitalize on the largest possible market they can. Zombies weren't really cutting it anymore - we can see that in the numbers. Both RE 4 and RE 5 are the top selling games from the series - because they appeal to a broader audience. RE 2 was the only game with traditional zombies to come anywhere close to those numbers. I think had the Remake and 0 sold better (not to say they didn't sell well, because they did), there probably wouldn't have been a need for such a drastic revamping of the series. In my opinion, that's really the greatest indicator of where the series is headed from here.

Top Bottom