• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 remake!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I watched that video yesterday, and I don't remember if what he said about Sherry was his own idea or something that got leaked, but if that's true, I think it could benefit the story of RE4 and the RE franchise in general. I've always felt that they put too many one-game wonders in positions that could easily be filled by older characters to expand on their lore instead, and Ashley in RE4 is one such case. She was never seen or mentioned again after her first appearance in the series, whereas Sherry, who did appear before and after that game, had nothing better to do at the time anyway, so why not kidnap her?

Story-wise, I'm pretty sure that if the president's daughter got kidnapped in real life, he would send more than just one agent to rescue her. But if the kidnapped person was instead the government's secret G-virus lab rat, important enough to be rescued, but without making a big fuss about it, then yeah, one agent makes sense, especially one who already knows Sherry and doesn't have to be filled in on her condition. So Leon and Sherry's reunion a few years after Raccoon City wouldn't even be a contrived coincidence.
Ah I just rewatched that bit again and you’re right, the Sherry concept was another poster’s idea asking about possible changes to the story. Dusk Golem responds to their question by confirming that they will be expanding on more lore but not in the way described (meaning the replacement of Ashley with Sherry).

So it doesn’t sound too likely after all, but it would have been awesome and made more sense for reasons you explained.
My bad, guys, that’s what I get for casually listening to the video while driving. :lol:

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think they explain sending in Leon alone is because they wanted him to privately secure Ashley without letting the enemy know he was there. Of course, instead he goes in guns blazing in the very beginning - but how was he supposed to know everyone would be a PLagas infected monster?

Of course, I still agree that it makes sense to at least send Leon in with some sort of team even if they end up lost or dead for the sake of the story.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That would be sweet seeing a little bit of Operation Javier in the game. I thought it was really awesome of the Chronicles games to add so much lore to the games as well as be fun offers of the older titles.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I would actually love to see a more interactive knife fight scene. It was kinda cool don't get me wrong but I would've liked to do more than just QTE on that part.

Awebb

I wouldn't mind if QTE went away for good or at least represented a choice instead of a fail state. I'm not a fan of Simon Says and watching cut scenes again isn't even interesting between failed boss fight attempts.

V-Jolt

I wouldn't mind if QTE went away for good or at least represented a choice instead of a fail state. I'm not a fan of Simon Says and watching cut scenes again isn't even interesting between failed boss fight attempts.

I agree in some ways, that knife fight in particular. I've had a bad day a few times there and it can get irritating watching the same cutscene over and over.
Optional QTE's would be good.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I thought the knife scene was one of the pinnacles of the game. However, is there a better way to have us play it than just a QTE? No matter what happens or however many times I play the game - I still die half the time from it. haha

Soul Fist

I heard a rumor that says RE4 remake will be as long and as deep as the original, I hope that's true. Even though I still wonder how they can make it be as great as the original, because the original has very VERY deep details.. And I doubt Capcom will make it as good, especially the father of Resident Evil Shinji Mikami Isn't around either.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well, we can certainly hope so. A rushed and shortened RE4 wouldn't work very well. One of the great additions to the game is that there is so much game and so many iconic locations to visit. When I play RE4 now, I look forward to each set piece as they comes up:

The village fight in the beginning, The cabin fight, the lake fight, the first Gigante, the double Gigante lava room, the room with two Garradors, the Krauser knife fight, the knight statue room, the lava fire room, etc.

They put so many iconic and good locations in a single game with a lot of unique enemies, a great weapon upgrade system, and the attache case inventory system is *muah*

Maybe they can revisit concepts that didn't make it in to the original game and see what they can add rather than take away.

rashawnvalentine

I'm actually kind of excited for the REmake of RE4, but I do honestly think that there are a couple of other games that would have been cooler to remake first.

Code Veronica, Dead Aim and the Outbreak series all came first, I'd love remakes of all of those. Of all of them, I think Dead Aim isn't as popular but I can see a remake of that one doing really well.

But for the RE4 remake, I was just recording a longplay for my Youtube channel of the original RE4 and I was saying that it's going to be so cool to see what they add to it. Like what if they let you play alongside Luis for a short period of time, or what if they give Ashley some items so she can somehow helpout instead of being the damsel in distress? There's just an endless amount of things they can do and I'm really excited. Especially to see how they remake the boss fights, I'm so stoked! That's why I'm replaying RE4 now to get prepared :D

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Apparently, the reason for the delay is because the team that was developing the RE4 REmake were making it too close to the original game and Capcom wanted them to remix, rearrange, and change the game around so it is more similar to REmake 2 and REmake 3 where it has the identity of the original game, but is significantly different. I hope that means only MINOR cuts and adjustments, followed by expanding on concepts that made the game popular in the first place.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Apparently, the reason for the delay is because the team that was developing the RE4 REmake were making it too close to the original game and Capcom wanted them to remix, rearrange, and change the game around so it is more similar to REmake 2 and REmake 3 where it has the identity of the original game, but is significantly different. I hope that means only MINOR cuts and adjustments, followed by expanding on concepts that made the game popular in the first place.
Lol. I hope they give it the RE3 treatment.

rashawnvalentine

Lol. I hope they give it the RE3 treatment.
The only reason I would agree with you is because I want them to move onto another RE game for a remake. But, I would like to see what they could do differently with this RE. The community seems so divided over RE4, I love it and I'm replaying it now so I'm excited for the remake. But, Code Veronica should have been first.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
100%. I think that nearly 100% of RE fans agree that Code Veronica should have been done first. It is an actual LITERAL crime that they skipped it - figuratively speaking.

Bandersnatches, Alexia, Nosferatu, A MONSTER SPIDER - all of the most imaginative settings the series has to offer - that game would be absurdly beautiful and terrifying. But money comes calling!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Code Veronica is literally the only game who would benefit from a total remake, only keeping the most basic stuff from the original. The same cannot be said for RE3.

Jonipoon

I'm actually surprised by the lack of activity in this sub-forum considering the fact that we got a reveal trailer 5 months ago in June and a brand new gameplay trailer less than 4 weeks ago.

Perhaps there's simply nothing to discuss about this remake.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm actually surprised by the lack of activity in this sub-forum considering the fact that we got a reveal trailer 5 months ago in June and a brand new gameplay trailer less than 4 weeks ago.

Perhaps there's simply nothing to discuss about this remake.
Maybe not lol. I'm actually really looking forward to this darker version of RE4. As someone who didn't care for the original,, I am excited to see what kind of changes they make to the game.

Jonipoon

Maybe not lol. I'm actually really looking forward to this darker version of RE4. As someone who didn't care for the original,, I am excited to see what kind of changes they make to the game.
I enjoyed playing the original a lot, but I absolutely despised its story and direction as a RE title. Although the developers initially promised that the remake would be more serious and grounded with a bigger emphasis on survival horror, the latest gameplay trailer showed that none of that was true and the gameplay is still very much the same fast-paced action seen in the original. Leon even did a Matrix-styled anime jump through the window which had my eyes rolling - I thought they were going to stay away from that silly over-the-top stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if the ridiculous laser corridor is kept in this remake, too.

Then again, Jill did some ridiculous stuff in the RE3 remake as well (like being directly hit with a bazooka and sent flying off without a single scratch) so I guess we're back to RE characters being invincible superheroes again.... yikes.

Top Bottom