• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 remake!

D

Deleted member 21244

He said the game has been in development since 2018 and that the team is much larger than for the previous 2 remakes.
Didn't read that
That was my assumption

I hope capcom will not screw this up

Edit: i just read that he isn't that much reliable since there are more Time that he did leak things that turn out to be fake

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The thing about AestheticGamer is that he is right about 80% of the time. And when he is wrong, it is generally because Capcom has changed things in the process. Right now, he has ensured us that the RE8 Village demo currently has Chris and Ethan as protagonists, but Capcom was thinking about changing the characters due to seeing fan backlash against the rumors. So, while he has leaked that a Chris/Ethan team up could eventually be the characters for RE8, there is still a lot of time to change that up.

And he's not even the leaker for this particular rumor. Yet, he has confirmed that this is part of the Capcom plan. It is what it is. I long for a RECV remake, but if they remake 4 first, I'll still be all in on it. Of course, while I am a HUGE RE4 lover - there are a lot of locations I feel they can cut out or improve. I don't need a room full of lava with Dragon Statues spitting fire. haha

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
If Capcom is thinking about changing the characters based on fan backlash, one can only hope that they change it into Chris and JILL as protagonists.

Ark2000

Speaking as a huge fan of Resident Evil 4;

I always loved this game, i must have played it hundreds of times. It's one of my all time favorite video games, and i can say without a doubt, my favorite RE game. With that out of the way...

Do i think that it needs a remake? No. I agree with fans who want to see Code Veronica remake instead. I think that CV deserves a remake because i think it has lot more potential to be even better game than the original.

But, as someone who loved remakes of RE 2 and 3, i can't help but to be interested in and curious about what would the remake of RE 4 be like. At the same time, just like other fans, i am also concerned about Capcom making way too many big changes and cuts (which they will most definitely make) on original game's content and story.

I'm sure everyone here still remember just how popular RE 4 was when it first came out, and the fact that even today it has such huge fan following and how it's considered a classic really shows how much this game is loved. If Capcom somehow figures out how to do a great job, i dare to say even better job with it than what they did so far with other remakes, there is a chance that same could happen to RE 4 remake. But that's just me being hopeful fan, because there's also a huge chance that it will never be as good as original.

I knew it was only matter of time when this news will be announced, specially after those rumors about RE 8 leaked out, which made that game sound like half-ass RE 4 remake. And if those other rumors about how RE 8 was based on now cancelled Revelations 3 are true, it really goes to show how Capcom already tried to work on something similar to RE 4 much earlier, and how maybe they already planned on remaking that game.

D

Deleted member 21244

The thing about AestheticGamer is that he is right about 80% of the time. And when he is wrong, it is generally because Capcom has changed things in the process. Right now, he has ensured us that the RE8 Village demo currently has Chris and Ethan as protagonists, but Capcom was thinking about changing the characters due to seeing fan backlash against the rumors. So, while he has leaked that a Chris/Ethan team up could eventually be the characters for RE8, there is still a lot of time to change that up.

And he's not even the leaker for this particular rumor. Yet, he has confirmed that this is part of the Capcom plan. It is what it is. I long for a RECV remake, but if they remake 4 first, I'll still be all in on it. Of course, while I am a HUGE RE4 lover - there are a lot of locations I feel they can cut out or improve. I don't need a room full of lava with Dragon Statues spitting fire. haha
Well he is not always been reliable, many things about re 2 remake and re 7 were fake... Also most of the time he just confirmed things after they were already posted by other source

It's true that sometimes he was right about things, but we must always take rumor by what they are, rumor

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Maybe RE4 is not the game that needs a remake the most, but I'll welcome it. RE4 was barely playable on PC and hopefully a remake will fix that.

RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time, I played it on PS2. I own the PC version too, but this version does not count and I have tried the best I can to forget it.

If they could switch up the item/weapon inventory ( as much as I like inventory Tetris ) It should be easier to access Grenades and first aid sprays etc.

Also, I'd love all weapons to be accessible at some point. It's a shame I can't use Ada's shotgun or Krauser's Bow in the main game.
Yes weapon switching like in GTA could be nice. Perhaps? I don't know, I didn't have any problems with opening the suitcase for that. Fast switching gives more of a action game feel and I don't know if I want that in RE4. But it's an interesting idea.
But not for first aid! If you're wounded and need treatment, the least you should be required to do was to open up your suitcase.

I don't remember what was special about Ada's shotgun? It was small and looked very nice I seem to remember. But I don't remember if it did something special.

Red Rogue

Maybe RE4 is not the game that needs a remake the most, but I'll welcome it. RE4 was barely playable on PC and hopefully a remake will fix that.

RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time, I played it on PS2. I own the PC version too, but this version does not count and I have tried the best I can to forget it.

Yes weapon switching like in GTA could be nice. Perhaps? I don't know, I didn't have any problems with opening the suitcase for that. Fast switching gives more of a action game feel and I don't know if I want that in RE4. But it's an interesting idea.
But not for first aid! If you're wounded and need treatment, the least you should be required to do was to open up your suitcase.

I don't remember what was special about Ada's shotgun? It was small and looked very nice I seem to remember. But I don't remember if it did something special.
It's a good point, in real life if you need treatment in the work place you gotta get the box out, put the gloves on and wipe the area down first, can't be having any of that switch detail going on there as it is Leon's work place gotta have the right ppe and protocol lol, good shout. I was thinking more along the lines from THE LAST OF US. I know what you mean thou, RE4 is a bit special so maybe too many changes would kill it.

Ada's Shotgun just looked nicer than the pump action from the trap house. They gave us the choice of 3 so they may as well have thrown the 4th in.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well he is not always been reliable, many things about re 2 remake and re 7 were fake... Also most of the time he just confirmed things after they were already posted by other source

It's true that sometimes he was right about things, but we must always take rumor by what they are, rumor

The guy is still credible, otherwise no one would take him seriously. Which is why he tries to be careful with what he says because things can always change and then people are gonna accuse him of leaking fake stuff. He's very transparent about his leaks possibly being outdated, being pure speculation, and so on. It's still rumor, but I don't think he should be discredited at all.

I will say however, the guy is a total Capcom shill. The sh*t he says in defense of first-person and Resident Evil 3 is the most ridiculous fanboy nonsense ever. Almost like he doesn't want to p*ss off Capcom or make whoever his source is unhappy.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It's a good point, in real life if you need treatment in the work place you gotta get the box out, put the gloves on and wipe the area down first, can't be having any of that switch detail going on there as it is Leon's work place gotta have the right ppe and protocol lol, good shout. I was thinking more along the lines from THE LAST OF US. I know what you mean thou, RE4 is a bit special so maybe too many changes would kill it.

Ada's Shotgun just looked nicer than the pump action from the trap house. They gave us the choice of 3 so they may as well have thrown the 4th in.
After more consideration I prefer weapon switching as it was in the original RE4. I don't want a remake to become closer to a fast phased action shooter.

The three shotguns worked differently. The first you pick up in the village, was slow to aim and had a medium wide spread.
The second one that you can buy in the Castle (Riot Shotgun) had more plastic details and was fast to aim and had a narrow spread.
The third shotgun that you can buy later (I forgot where) was called Striker, a semi-automatic shotgun with a wide spread.
This is from memory I hope it's correct.

One thing I'm not a fan of, and it's all the ridiculous weapon upgrades. Upgrades are OK but they have to be somewhat realistic.
Increasing magazine capacity on a revolver? LOL. And you can't upgrade the power of a weapon without some major design changes. You can change to a more powerful ammo but that is not a gun upgrade.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
What I think is really going to hurt REmake 4 is the tone change. OG RE4 is so great because it embraced it's campyness.
But with this super serious, gritty and realistic direction Capcom is obsessed with taking Resident Evil in now, you can bet anything you want that a VERY LARGE amount of stuff in the OG RE4 is gonna be cut that it'll make REmake 3 look like a complete game.

Do you really think that in a gritty, realistic and serious game we're gonna have:
A funny mysterious merchant with funny oneliners?
A femme fatal in a red dress?
An evil Napoleon midget?
Running away from a giant robotic Napoleon midget?
A Spaniard ladies man noticing ballistics?
A screaming girl in a skirt you have to save all the time?
Parasites controlling mid evil armor?

Literally EVERYTHING about Resident Evil 4 goes against the tone and direction the remakes have been going in and they're gonna have to change EVERYTHING to make it fit in that direction, there is no way they can be faithful.

Turo602

The King of Kings
What I think is really going to hurt REmake 4 is the tone change. OG RE4 is so great because it embraced it's campyness.
But with this super serious, gritty and realistic direction Capcom is obsessed with taking Resident Evil in now, you can bet anything you want that a VERY LARGE amount of stuff in the OG RE4 is gonna be cut that it'll make REmake 3 look like a complete game.

Do you really think that in a gritty, realistic and serious game we're gonna have:
A funny mysterious merchant with funny oneliners?
A femme fatal in a red dress?
An evil Napoleon midget?
Running away from a giant robotic Napoleon midget?
A Spaniard ladies man noticing ballistics?
A screaming girl in a skirt you have to save all the time?
Parasites controlling mid evil armor?

Literally EVERYTHING about Resident Evil 4 goes against the tone and direction the remakes have been going in and they're gonna have to change EVERYTHING to make it fit in that direction, there is no way they can be faithful.

Everything about Resident Evil 4 went against everything the series was known for too. Ironic.

Red Rogue

After more consideration I prefer weapon switching as it was in the original RE4. I don't want a remake to become closer to a fast phased action shooter.

The three shotguns worked differently. The first you pick up in the village, was slow to aim and had a medium wide spread.
The second one that you can buy in the Castle (Riot Shotgun) had more plastic details and was fast to aim and had a narrow spread.
The third shotgun that you can buy later (I forgot where) was called Striker, a semi-automatic shotgun with a wide spread.
This is from memory I hope it's correct.

One thing I'm not a fan of, and it's all the ridiculous weapon upgrades. Upgrades are OK but they have to be somewhat realistic.
Increasing magazine capacity on a revolver? LOL. And you can't upgrade the power of a weapon without some major design changes. You can change to a more powerful ammo but that is not a gun upgrade.
You see this is the thing I have with the punisher, the merchant says the punishers ammo can cut through just about anything, but it uses the exact same ammo as the other handguns.

I think for the remake they should do touch ups here and there, iron out the creases but keep the over all feel.

But they have to do something about Leon's tank controls.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I like the over the top weapon upgrades. Sure, a lot of them are ridiculous - but I think they add a lot of replayability and make you think about what weapon you want to stick with/upgrade to. The Merchant might not even make an appearance in the REmake if they are going a similar route to what they have been doing with REmakes. That would be tragic, but I would understand it.

Jamesy

What do you guys think about remaking the re1 remake?

i personally think thats more deserving a remake since it would be an awsome experience seeing the mansion over the shoulder style

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I likely wont be too happy with ANY RE game being remade before CVX. And REmake was basically perfect so it would be quite the undertaking to make it better. Maybe you would find a mod to play it over the shoulder on PC lol.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Oh boy, if they are doing a gritty remake, then I fear that Leon would have the same character as in Degeneration....a giant stick up his butt

Mr.R

I might be on the minority here but...although I prefer a CV remake, I wouldn't mind a RE1 ReREmake. I think the first Remake was the perfect game for 2002. And it still holds up today (kinda), the HD versions are beautiful but...the gameplay was outdated and I felt that, when I first played back in 2015 (I never played the original releases, since I never had a GC or a Wii). I got used to the game pretty quickly, since I never stopped playing those games as I grew up, but I imagined a lot of the new generation players might have perceived the game as clunky in its control (and some of the camera angles that makes you run into walls, because if there's one thing Remake does poorly is transition between screens) and I can't blame them, although I love the game.

Anyway, Remake is a master of its genre, but I could see some amazing possibilities on a RERemake, seeing how beautifully crafted the Mansion would be in the RE Engine...

At any rate, I don't think that will happen anytime soon. As for RE4Remake, I still think it's a risky move for Capcom.

TreblaYevrah

Resident Evil 4 is a phenomenal game, but it's an enigma. It derailed the franchise, and divided the fanbase. It took Capcom over ten years to bring the series back to its roots, while still appealing to modern gamers. The game's own development cycle spanned multiple scrapped builds, and spawned an entirely new franchise that now has almost just as many numbered entries. Despite everything, it's just an incredibly fun game. I don't think Capcom, or even Shinji Mikami himself knows what made it great, and there's no way they can recreate the perfect storm that made it what it is.

...So just do what they did with Shadow of the Colossus, and leave it at that! There also hasn't been a new unlockable since PS2, so... just add something.

Top Bottom