• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 remake!

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm still waiting for the physical PS4 version of RE3 remake to drop in price. I usually buy Resident Evil games day one, but I was reading too many details about it that killed my excitement.

I don't want to bash Capcom too much, because I think this has actually been a really solid generation for them. I love RE7, despite how some fans feel about it, and RE2 remake was great. Some of their other franchises were given great new entries, as well. Resident Evil 8 also looks interesting. That's certainly not to say people should just forgive the RE3 remake for being disappointing; I do think it was a mistake to rush that along as quickly as they did, and like I said... I have no intention of buying it full price.
Yeah just wait until it gets lower than 30 dollars... I literally played the game for a week and completed it 100% whit platinum too in 30 hours, i only replayed it once recently but never touched it again, i only play resistance i do dayli evey day, this is what saved this game for me and it's really sad to say, but the main game, oh Jesus, it have some good part and moment but they are not enough to forgive the bad design choice, cut content and rushed feeling ot the story

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I love how I'm the only one left on the forum that doesn't hate R3make lol.

But I agree with the thought that maybe, just maybe something got lost on translation and the RE4 remake was actually just RE8. They do look extremely similar and I feel like if they did release the two, it would just be.... I don't know. Weird. Unless you want 2 games released relatively close together with the same exact settings and whatnot.

But I also hated RE4 so it /might/ also have something to do with wishful thinking on my part.

Mr.R

Nah, Rain. I'm with you. I enjoy RE3Remake a lot, for what the game is. Of course, if I was the dev I would've changed a few things, but I still liked the final product (RE3 is still my favorite of the classic style RE's, so I'm glad to have enjoyed both versions of RE3).

D

Deleted member 21244

But I agree with the thought that maybe, just maybe something got lost on translation and the RE4 remake was actually just RE8. They do look extremely similar and I feel like if they did release the two, it would just be.... I don't know. Weird. Unless you want 2 games released relatively close together with the same exact settings and whatnot.

But I also hated RE4 so it /might/ also have something to do with wishful thinking on my part.
I don't hate re 3 remake, it's an enjoyable game but a terrible terrible and rushed remake in my opinion

Soul Fist

Y
I'm still waiting for the physical PS4 version of RE3 remake to drop in price. I usually buy Resident Evil games day one, but I was reading too many details about it that killed my excitement.

I don't want to bash Capcom too much, because I think this has actually been a really solid generation for them. I love RE7, despite how some fans feel about it, and RE2 remake was great. Some of their other franchises were given great new entries, as well. Resident Evil 8 also looks interesting. That's certainly not to say people should just forgive the RE3 remake for being disappointing; I do think it was a mistake to rush that along as quickly as they did, and like I said... I have no intention of buying it full price.
Yeah I will also just wait until the price gets lower, I buy all RE games.. The good and the bad. But I just wish I waited longer to buy RE3R but oh well, that's a lesson to me LOL

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I don't hate re 3 remake, it's an enjoyable game but a terrible terrible and rushed remake in my opinion
To each their own, I thought it was a great remake because I thought the original was a terrible game. Like RE4. Which is why I hope if it is getting made, they change what they need to change to make it better like they did with R3make.
I agree. I thought they did a really great job with the re3 remake. I thought it was better than re2re.

I really hope they don't split re4re into several games like what final fantasy are doing to ff7re. Although I can see it cutting alot of content because Re4 was pretty long.

TreblaYevrah

I agree. I thought they did a really great job with the re3 remake. I thought it was better than re2re.

I really hope they don't split re4re into several games like what final fantasy are doing to ff7re. Although I can see it cutting alot of content because Re4 was pretty long.

Hm, I can't imagine RE4 being divided up that way... unless it was episodic in the way that Revelations 2 was (digitally). RE4 may be a little longer than some of the games in the series, but trying to make a full game out of each section would be really stretching it thin. It's also not really a game you can feasibly pad out with fetch quests and whatnot. Not saying FF7 remake had a lot of that, but there was definitely some.

If they had to do it, I'd be interested to see them expand the village and castle areas... but not much more than REmake expanded the mansion/forest.

D

Deleted member 21244

I hope they did, only by splitting it into part the game can have all the original content plus more,since they don't need to rush development since they will have more time for make the part .. Obviously it shouldn't be as long as ff7 remake but something more similar to revelations 2, hitman and life is strange having episode that cost 20 dollar or less... For example for re 4 remake they can split it into 3 episode, the village, the castle and the island, each one of this part should last like 5-7 hour, and they can later release an extra dlc having mercenaries, assignment ada and separate ways

in the end you will always pay 60 dollar, you will not have the whole game at start but you will have the whole game in the end whitout cut content... Imagine they did this whit re 3 remake in the end we would have had all the game whitout cut content and even mercenaries
They could have made the game into 3 episode, first episode taking place in raccon city, they could have made downtown and uptown map bigger more explorable and with more puzzle, they could have also left the live selection... Second part clock tower and hospital, third part park and dead factory... Extra dlc mercenaries and costum... This could have been awesome

Capcom still don't know how to make a proper remake

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I hope they did, only by splitting it into part the game can have all the original content plus more,since they don't need to rush development since they will have more time for make the part .. Obviously it shouldn't be as long as ff7 remake but something more similar to revelations 2, hitman and life is strange having episode that cost 20 dollar or less... For example for re 4 remake they can split it into 3 episode, the village, the castle and the island, each one of this part should last like 5-7 hour, and they can later release an extra dlc having mercenaries, assignment ada and separate ways

in the end you will always pay 60 dollar, you will not have the whole game at start but you will have the whole game in the end whitout cut content... Imagine they did this whit re 3 remake in the end we would have had all the game whitout cut content and even mercenaries

Yea... That would be terrible in my opinion. I have never been a fan of episodic games (unless you want to count TellTale's The Walking Dead). There can be exceptions, like games like FFVII which have much GOOD content that they can get away with it. I'm still playing FFVII and I haven't really come to a bit that I didn't enjoy, and as long as part 2 is the same, awesome. Meanwhile, RE4 has nowhere near that much content, much less that much GOOD content that would justify making multiple parts which might theoretically stretch out and bloat bits that already were bad. They just need to take it back to the drawing board, trim the fat, darken the plot and setting and really show it some love. As much as I didn't like the game, I do think it has some hope as long as they do it right.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium

They could have made the game into 3 episode, first episode taking place in raccon city, they could have made downtown and uptown map bigger more explorable and with more puzzle, they could have also left the live selection... Second part clock tower and hospital, third part park and dead factory... Extra dlc mercenaries and costum... This could have been awesome

Revelations 2 was a great game. It was released episodically to create a buzz, and to give people early access and it also matched the structure of how the story was told. It was niche and cool but it was slated for this and sales were affected by it too. They should not do things episodically again.

If you remake or remaster a game make the whole game. I don't mind waiting longer for complete game instead of half of one.

Capcom don't know how to make a remake? Re1 remake?
Alot of people liked re2 remake?

TreblaYevrah

Yea... That would be terrible in my opinion. I have never been a fan of episodic games (unless you want to count TellTale's The Walking Dead). There can be exceptions, like games like FFVII which have much GOOD content that they can get away with it. I'm still playing FFVII and I haven't really come to a bit that I didn't enjoy, and as long as part 2 is the same, awesome. Meanwhile, RE4 has nowhere near that much content, much less that much GOOD content that would justify making multiple parts which might theoretically stretch out and bloat bits that already were bad. They just need to take it back to the drawing board, trim the fat, darken the plot and setting and really show it some love. As much as I didn't like the game, I do think it has some hope as long as they do it right.

For me personally, I've never viewed Resident Evil 4 as a particularly great Resident Evil game. I think it's incredible, but mostly as its own entity separate from the rest of the franchise. Resident Evil 7 finally felt like the proper continuation of where the series was going with REmake and RE0.

A lot of people do love RE4 for what it is, though, and I think trying to make it into something that it wasn't (darker plot, etc) would just make for a bizarre project. That's also why I think returning to that game is a bad move, because that's where the series started to lose its way in the first place... but even saying that, I wouldn't want them to change RE4. They can remake the scrapped "Hookman" build, haha.

D

Deleted member 21244

No need to stretch it out, just make episode like revelations 2 or hitman and they can last some hour... The fact is, it's becoming more difficult to adapt older game whit new graphic, since old game were pretty easy to made compared to new one, you probably need the double or triple budget you spend on the original one and also 2x or 3x the time to make it... That's why making an episodic game should be the better option, you can concentrate all the effort on the first part, release it than continue on the second part whitout the need to cut anything

Obviously if you want you can make the game whit less budget and time but it will inevitably end up cut and rushed

@Spikeyroxas re 1 remake was good because shinji mikami and the original team were on board, re 2 remake is good but have a lot of cut content, re 3 remake have half game cut... So yeah capcom still need to Learn how to make a proper remake

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
No need to stretch it out, just make episode like revelations 2 or hit an that last some hour... The fact that is becoming more difficult to adapt older game whit new graphic, since old game were pretty easy to made compared to new one, you probably need the double or triple budget you spend on the original one and also 2x or 3x the time to make it... That's why making an episodic game should be the better option, you can concentrate all the effort on the first part, release it than continue on the second part whitout the need to cut anything

Obviously if you want you can make the game whit less budget and time but it will inevitably end up cut and rushed

@Spikeyroxas re 1 remake was good because shinji mikami and the original team were on board, re 2 remake is good but have a lot of cut content, re 3 remake have half game cut... So yeah capcom still need to Lear how to make a proper remake

So wait. You pitched 3 episodes breaking up the different areas. The first area I assume would end after you beat Mendez (I think that was his name, it's been years.) in the burning barn or whatever right? So back in the day when I actually played RE4, I could reach this point in the game very quickly... I couldn't imagine adding so much to this area of the game that it would have an hour or two of content (though I don't recall it taking that long to beat an episode of Revelations either).

Honestly I think the entire castle area needs a complete overhaul. That part of the game was especially bad to me. I just couldn't take it seriously at all. The cultists are dull enemies with no challenge and weren't memorable, with the exception of the Wolverine rip off ha. Again it's been years, I don't know the actual names of these things. I would really love to see this portion of the game played out differently because again, I do think it has the potential to actually be scary or unnerving and not a joke.

As far as the island goes, if they would use more regenerator horror and less driving around shooting things out of the back of a truck and stuff, it would be better.

The whole game is just so all over the place. I get the whole over the shoulder influence and all but damn is everything else about the game just ugh. Take a bit of Johnny Bravo out of Leon, make the game actually scary, give it a story I actually care about (or at least tell it in a way I actually care about), that's all I want.

D

Deleted member 21244

So wait. You pitched 3 episodes breaking up the different areas. The first area I assume would end after you beat Mendez (I think that was his name, it's been years.) in the burning barn or whatever right? So back in the day when I actually played RE4, I could reach this point in the game very quickly... I couldn't imagine adding so much to this area of the game that it would have an hour or two of content (though I don't recall it taking that long to beat an episode of Revelations either).

Honestly I think the entire castle area needs a complete overhaul. That part of the game was especially bad to me. I just couldn't take it seriously at all. The cultists are dull enemies with no challenge and weren't memorable, with the exception of the Wolverine rip off ha. Again it's been years, I don't know the actual names of these things. I would really love to see this portion of the game played out differently because again, I do think it has the potential to actually be scary or unnerving and not a joke.

As far as the island goes, if they would use more regenerator horror and less driving around shooting things out of the back of a truck and stuff, it would be better.

The whole game is just so all over the place. I get the whole over the shoulder influence and all but damn is everything else about the game just ugh. Take a bit of Johnny Bravo out of Leon, make the game actually scary, give it a story I actually care about (or at least tell it in a way I actually care about), that's all I want.
The first time I played re 4 it took me 18 hours, was a long game, it could work in 3 part... But obviously this part must be redone, for example the first part, the village, they can make the village bigger and a bit open, like the city in evil whitin 2, they could add new area and enemy like they did whit re 1 remake, new puzzle and more exploration... Same for the second and third part, no need to add uselles stuff and stretch it out but just expand and make bigger what was already been done in the original, just like re 1 remake did

For the castle part i was thinking making a map more like the rpd from re 2 remake, where you can make a lot of explorations and returning back to previous part of the castle

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
It's obvious that they are designing RE8 with a RE4-feel on purpose since a remake of RE4 is just around the corner. This is Capcom's way of silencing the fans that don't like the direction the series is taking in recent years. I feel like @Turo602 said it perfectly in another thread:

Don't like RE8 and first person? Here, go play our remake of RE4, a similar game but in third person. Now shut up.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Just to add my two cents in to the RE3R value argument - Yes, the game feels rushed and less full than a full game. But the game is actually very technically sound and the minimal environments are actually very nice to look at and navigate. It's not a faithful remake, but it is still a good game.

Like I said before, the RE3R team is the best candidate to make an RE4 REmake because they:

A) Have seen the feedback on their first RE game and can hopefully learn from the experience.
B) Created a game that placed an emphasis on action, but was still fairly scary which is a great mold to cast the RE4 game in.
C) Will have had more knowledge and feedback from seeing how RE8 plays out and what they can do to create a better RE4 REmake. (REm4ke?)

I am going in to the project with fairly high hopes, but hey, I am one of those people who like all RE games (even 6 despite it being so.... RE6) haha

TheBigUmbrella

What I really wonder with the RE4 remake is if they keep that cheesy tone? Like sure, they have been going very serious recently but to me, RE4 needs that cheese. Like please, allow me to suplex cultists please, allow us to hear some cheesy-ass one liners. Don't make RE4 too much more serious, build on the little bits of horror that are there. Expand on the game, keep everything or if you have to remove things, replace them with things of equal value.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Came across this guy’s video which discusses some of the rumors surrounding the remake of RE4.

I like the idea of some added lore. Also, if it’s true that they are reworking Sherry Birkin’s character into the story in place of the President’s daughter, then that’s a pretty big change! Seems like a step towards tying RE4 into series better. Now if only we could get an official announcement of a reimagining of CVX.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I watched that video yesterday, and I don't remember if what he said about Sherry was his own idea or something that got leaked, but if that's true, I think it could benefit the story of RE4 and the RE franchise in general. I've always felt that they put too many one-game wonders in positions that could easily be filled by older characters to expand on their lore instead, and Ashley in RE4 is one such case. She was never seen or mentioned again after her first appearance in the series, whereas Sherry, who did appear before and after that game, had nothing better to do at the time anyway, so why not kidnap her?

Story-wise, I'm pretty sure that if the president's daughter got kidnapped in real life, he would send more than just one agent to rescue her. But if the kidnapped person was instead the government's secret G-virus lab rat, important enough to be rescued, but without making a big fuss about it, then yeah, one agent makes sense, especially one who already knows Sherry and doesn't have to be filled in on her condition. So Leon and Sherry's reunion a few years after Raccoon City wouldn't even be a contrived coincidence.

Top Bottom