• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 remake!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I would prefer a REmake REmake before a RE4 REmake at this point. But the original game holds up perfectly to this day. Even better than RE4 does after you include the Remasters. Plus, they added so much content in the first REmake - it'd be a shame to see them cut a bunch of stuff out of it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I like the over the top weapon upgrades. Sure, a lot of them are ridiculous - but I think they add a lot of replayability and make you think about what weapon you want to stick with/upgrade to. The Merchant might not even make an appearance in the REmake if they are going a similar route to what they have been doing with REmakes. That would be tragic, but I would understand it.
Some weapon tuning is fine. Weapons in the game can be tuned by adding control (maybe speed of turning can correspond to tuning the trigger point on a real gun), and both real and digital guns can be upgraded with better aiming/optics.

It is realistic to get bigger magazines (just not on revolvers lol).

Stocks can be added for more accuracy, the TMP and Red9 had it.
Getting a longer pipe adds both accuracy and power, but sacrifices usability on close range.

The rate of fire on a semi-automatic gun can hardly be increased, the next cartridge will be loaded immediately after the previous. But the rate of controlled (usable) fire can be increased by gaining experience or reducing recoil.
The player will gain experience, but could Leon gain experience too? He is already improving his max health throughout the game so maybe he could gain skills also? I'm not sure I would want Leon's experience/skills to be a factor but it's a possibility.

If keeping upgrades realistic is reducing the replay value, why not add more guns or ammo types to the game? Instead of upgrading one gun many times you can buy another gun, or having more than one ammo type for the same gun.

The special weapons you can buy after having completed the game (Infinite Laucher, Chicago Typewriter) can stay unchanged. They can never be realistic but they are funny toys. And you don't have to buy them.

I liked the Merchant. He was funny I hope they keep him.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I can’t say I’m not curious to see RE4 on the new RE Engine but I am really disappointed that they are skipping Code Veronica...
Maybe they’re skipping CVX for now because RE4 and RE8 have such similar locations and themes that it was easier for them to design both games though.

Whatever their reasoning is, it’s still annoying to think that they may never retell the events that take place before RE4 (CVX, Umbrella’s demise), unless they’re really reworking RE4’s story.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
At this point I'd rather see a new game with the RE Engine that takes place within the same time period as RE1-RE4. I mean these remakes are fine and all but they also serve as a sad reminder to how capable Capcom are at making a NEW game in the same style. Classic over-the-shoulder, traditional survival horror and old-school puzzles... Except its a completely new story with new characters and not another remake.

Personally I'd love to see a game that takes place just after the destruction of Raccoon City in a neighbouring town, where some of the T-virus managed to spread before the nuke via some carrier. We've been to mansions, big cities, strange islands, cruise ships, creepy villages, castles, the outback, and so on, but never have we been to an average midwestern town, you know the kind of small towns that often pop up in Stephen King's work. I'm thinking something like this:

20150613_blp505.jpg

It would fascinating to see how a small town like this would deal with the spread of the T-virus. Imagine if the carrier from Raccoon City was part of the inner circles of the small town, like relatives to the local mayor or something. And to keep their pride of their city, they try to hide the infection because they think they can deal with it themselves. And what if they're deeply religious in this town, so they gather in the church and pray to God that he will fix everything. The game could even start with a religious gathering in the church being attacked by zombies. The protagonist could be a local police officer or maybe some old war veteran.

Last edited:

Awebb

Today there have been reports that resident evil 4 remake is in the works and will be released in 2022.

I've skimmed through three pages of this thread and haven't found a single link to one of those reports. Are rumors reports? Have I missed the sources?

What are your thoughts on this? Are you happy its receiving a remake or do go you thinks its not a good idea?

I don't really care whether remakes happen or not. I'll play them, but I prefer new and original stories instead of retcon after retcon. Since I really didn't like RE7, I haven't enjoyed a mainline RE since RE6, which was in 2012.

Billy Coen

Some things I wish for Capcom to add in this remake:

> A greater role/participation of the Spanish cops in the story. In the original Resident Evil 4 they die at the very beginning of the game. It would be nice if they survived the first Ganados attack and helped Leon in his quest. Of course, they would eventually die, but not too soon.

> An extra mode where you play with Luis Sera. It would be interesting to see the storyline from his point of view, and since he knows many secret passages of the villages though his grandpa, new areas in the Pueblo would be added.

> Enhanced graphics, of course. Resident Evil 4 still looks beautiful for a 2005 game, but it can look way better in the current gen.

> Stealth mechanics. It would be nice if you had segments in the game where you should avoid being seen by the Ganados, their AI would be greatly improved, which means, for example, strong hearing abilities... you would need to crawl or walk very slowly in order to not alert them by the noses the character makes.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hey Billy, I think those are all great ideas. I feel like the minor characters in RE4 are really ignored. The cops are just creep fodder. And Luis gets a few scenes, but we could use a lot more Luis. But I do NOT want to hear him say Ballistics when referring to a 16 year old. haha.

Stealth would be a great addition specifically when you encounter the Garradors. If you could sneak up on them and stabby-stabby them in the parasite, it would be so nerve wracking but feel SO good to do.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I’d absolutely welcome stealth and sneaking into a RE4 remake. Out of all the RE games that I’ve played, RE4 is definitely the one where I can see this feature making sense and feeling like it belongs to the gameplay.

If you’ve played The Evil Within, that game has a sneaking mechanic that would work excellent in a RE4 remake. What’s ironic is that one of the first levels in The Evil Within is a forest level with dirt trails, small wooden cabins, small cemeteries and a wooden bridge lol. You can definitely see that Shinji Mikami wanted to pay tribute to RE4 there.

D

Deleted member 21244

After seeing the Resident Evil 8 reveal, my theory is that somebody was mistaken about the RE4 remake, based on the similar setting of the next numbered entry (forest, village, castle... etc).
Well dusk golem specifically say that re 4 remake and 8 are two separate game he also revealed that the team from re 3 remake is working on re 4 remake...
Since 99% of the things he say about re 8 were true, i m giving all my money that this re 4 remake rumor is unfortunately true

I really hope he was drunk and he switched re 8 whit re re4 remake because i don't want a re 4 remake XD

TreblaYevrah

Hmm, well in fairness I haven't been following the rumors that closely... Definitely could be true, just seems odd to make a remake of RE4 when RE8 seems to already be retreading similar territory.

...On the other hand, maybe it's easier to do it that way, because they'll both be sharing assets.

D

Deleted member 21244

Hmm, well in fairness I haven't been following the rumors that closely... Definitely could be true, just seems odd to make a remake of RE4 when RE8 seems to already be retreading similar territory.

...On the other hand, maybe it's easier to do it that way, because they'll both be sharing assets.
I hope not, it will end up like re 3 remake

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I feel like they jipped us by including Resistance and asking us to be grateful for it since they were adding nothing to RE3R. That is not what we wanted! Resistance should've been it's own thing and RE3R should've been a full game! Still a fun game, but man, do I feel jipped. haha

Soul Fist

I feel like they jipped us by including Resistance and asking us to be grateful for it since they were adding nothing to RE3R. That is not what we wanted! Resistance should've been it's own thing and RE3R should've been a full game! Still a fun game, but man, do I feel jipped. haha
Totally LOL. It's because they know Resistance will not sell ten copies on its own, so they did THAT. LOL

TreblaYevrah

I'm still waiting for the physical PS4 version of RE3 remake to drop in price. I usually buy Resident Evil games day one, but I was reading too many details about it that killed my excitement.

I don't want to bash Capcom too much, because I think this has actually been a really solid generation for them. I love RE7, despite how some fans feel about it, and RE2 remake was great. Some of their other franchises were given great new entries, as well. Resident Evil 8 also looks interesting. That's certainly not to say people should just forgive the RE3 remake for being disappointing; I do think it was a mistake to rush that along as quickly as they did, and like I said... I have no intention of buying it full price.

Top Bottom