• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE: Degeneration was better!

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Unlike many others here... i LOVEEED that movie and i though the animations were just AMAZING (especially uberhot Clair :wub:).

After seeing this movie... i thought this was slightly better then the "real" RE movies. :D

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
the live action movies were a load of pants, degen was good because it was the closest thing to the games that made it seem more like them.

PsychoJill

I loved it also, Loved hearing Claire's Voice again after so many years and seeing her in the RE world again. Didn't care much about leon though as usual lol. I thought the movie kicked ass. They should definetly make more RE movies like this.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
PsychoJill;42792 said:
I loved it also, Loved hearing Claire's Voice again after so many years and seeing her in the RE world again. Didn't care much about leon though as usual lol. I thought the movie kicked ass. They should definetly make more RE movies like this.

The ending of "Degeneration" was what made me most eager for a sequel. :)

Iv'e always thought "Resident Evil: Evolution" would make a great Resident evil movie title! :)

and they could make The "Degeneration follow up" be about Wesker (Yeeey, Wesker :D) doing something with the G-Virus those "scientists" collected at the end of the movie... assuming that he's still alive.
And they MUST bring Jill back! :)
I'd kill for seeing the Jill from the games in a possible Degeneration follow up! :)

Rain

I'm a game fan, but Degeneration didn't do it for me. That and I hated Angela.

"We should go diving sometime..." blah blah blah.

Trinity

Oh,I must agree with you,she was so shallow,and pretty annoying,unlike her charming rampage partner :)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Rain;45292 said:

Oh god. I think she was responsible for me not liking the movie. She was just so flippin' cliched it wasn't even funny. I don't understand why she was relevant, I really don't. And then with her bother being the antagonist, it was like... come on, give me a break. Of course it was her brother. What a small world.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
La Femme Fatale;45347 said:
And then with her bother being the antagonist, it was like... come on, give me a break. Of course it was her brother. What a small world.

Lol.:)

I liked her partner though, what was his name....well he made me laugh at that one part where he yelled in Leon's face, "Whooo!!!"

Leon's design sucked period. I also hated the fact that they were too lazy to come up with a new outfit. Uniform my ass, that ain't no uniform.

Spike991;45357 said:
Lol.:)

I liked her partner though, what was his name....well he made me laugh at that one part where he yelled in Leon's face, "Whooo!!!"

His name was Greg. But gary stu got him back for that though. He pushed him later on. Although, I wouldn't want Leon to be a punk, but yeah I still disliked him.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Leon's design sucked period. I also hated the fact that they were too lazy to come up with a new outfit. Uniform my ass, that ain't no uniform.
LMAO, I know. It didn't look like a uniform at all, it just looked like he wears the same damn outfit everyday of the week. :lol: I remember my friend was like 'woah, he went all the way back to Spain to find his jacket?' :p

Broken Butterfly

Leon made me cry. He was nothing like Leon from the games; instead he was this emo dude who never said anything remotely interesting. I thought his dialogue from RE4 was fantastic. PLUS he chose that idiot Angela (who was stupid, by the way) over Claire. WTF? Claire is awesome. Choose her, fool!

However, in regards to how Degeneration compares to the live action movies: the live action ones weren't following the games at all, were they? But I totally want to see another CGI one.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Nah, the movies only took small things from the games; either characters, minor plot devices, symbols, some enemies, Umbrella, etc. The live action ones didn't follow them, no. :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Rain;45292 said:

Trinity;45305 said:
Oh,I must agree with you,she was so shallow,and pretty annoying,unlike her charming rampage partner :)

La Femme Fatale;45347 said:
Oh god. I think she was responsible for me not liking the movie. She was just so flippin' cliched it wasn't even funny.
Infendo.com generously gave the film 3 out of 4 stars, but they also said that "the only problem was that the dialogue was written by the undead". :ermm:

darkness;45382 said:
leons eye design sucked! he had baby eyes
Design? Aha, it is an animation movie, no real actors.
Baby eyes? :lol: Must be a disappointment to all those in love with him. ^_^

Broken Butterfly;45430 said:
Leon made me cry. He was nothing like Leon from the games; instead he was this emo dude who never said anything remotely interesting. I thought his dialogue from RE4 was fantastic.
Are you sarcastic? I think Leon's dialouge in RE4 are something in between blah and utterly off. :rolleyes:

To me it's a mystery how CAPCOM could come up with something like it. In RE4 everything is great, but the dialogue... Oh my Lord.
Maybe the dialouge WAS written by the undead in Degeneration and by the Illuminados in RE4.

Haha, every Leon admirers please forgive me.

ResidentZelda

Well I did like some parts of the movie, but what ruined the movie was Angela, man that showed me that every single girl that meets Leon falls in love with him ugh! and when she said "we should go Diving some time" c'mon give me a break! Leon didn't kiss her for the love of God! he was giving her air!. and the fact that all the girls looked like they got a good dosis of btox in their lips.

Broken Butterfly

Yes! I love Hate Angela threads. She's one of the few characters with no redeeming qualities.

Romero said:
Are you sarcastic? I think Leon's dialouge in RE4 are something in between blah and utterly off.

To me it's a mystery how CAPCOM could come up with something like it. In RE4 everything is great, but the dialogue... Oh my Lord.
Maybe the dialouge WAS written by the undead in Degeneration and by the Illuminados in RE4.

Haha, every Leon admirers please forgive me.
Hell no. I think the dialogue is fantastic. Haha.

ResidentZelda;45572 said:
Well I did like some parts of the movie, but what ruined the movie was Angela, man that showed me that every single girl that meets Leon falls in love with him ugh! and when she said "we should go Diving some time" c'mon give me a break! Leon didn't kiss her for the love of God! he was giving her air!. and the fact that all the girls looked like they got a good dosis of btox in their lips.
True, he was giving her air. But I believe it was also meant to imply a kiss pretty much. I mean, out of all of the things, why that? What happens if he falls in the water with Chris and Chris is weak and injured? You think Leon could get away with putting his lips on him the way he did with Angela without people freakin out?

I could see if he had to give her CPR, but the way he did it made it seem like a romantic interest. Why couldn't he fall in the water with Claire. >_>

InfadaStone

Aaaah

Leon in Degeneration had the character sucked out of him and he had a very big head... he was nothing like RE4 Leon which was the revamped Leon that made it big... and the Angela x Leon thing was horrific. I saw it coming from a mile away.
I don't get why the RE team have to keep pairing him up with everyone, he's a secret agent doing his job... leave him be and stop making him out to be such a crappy fabio cassanova!

Top Bottom