• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rank the RE games...reasons too. :-)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
the venemous grand design;66303 said:
however, that's what makes the difference between a favorites list and a "best of all time" list. in my honest opinion, i just feel like 4 and 5 stray from the path of what a RE game should be. i'm entitled to that opinion, as you are to yours.
No, I do absolutely agree that it strays too much from what RE is traditionally, and all of them have their own particular flaws. For me though, RE 4 especially, it has enough connections to the older games that it isn't a complete departure, while adding certain features that, in my opinion, made it a more enjoyable game (for me) in its own right and that's more of the position I was coming from. :)
and as for the thinking with the genitals statement, it goes both ways, becuase i have seen many a fanboy swoon over jill or claire. i know i used to when i was a little kid.
Lol, that's what I meant. ;)

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
i'm always down for a friendly debate
28ugshz.gif

~Excella~

Premium
Romero;66256 said:

Wow. :blink: I don't know RE0, what is so special about it? Has it old school camera angles or camera over the shoulder?

Isn't RE2 and RE3 similar? I'm surprised to see RE3 at 6th place when RE2 almost made it to the top of the list.

RE0 had the old school look but it was just a boring game altogether for me and I really can't stand it. Both Rebecca and Billy are terrible characters (Billy just being a cheap rip off of Forest with George Clooney tattoos from From Dusk Till Dawn), the levels and music were boring and enemies were lame (leeches and other boring enemies).

RE3 and RE2 do indeed have similarities but were obviously different games. I liked the levels, music and characters better in RE2 and thought they told a better story. RE3, I ranked a little lower because it wasn't exactly original (since it compares closely to RE2) so it loses points for that.

Levan

Polkka. lol
I think I'll share my ranking.

Code: Veronica X - Somehow I still remember a lot of people were disappointed about this game. I wasn't though. This game was exactly the one that paved way for me being interested in RE. I loved the storyline to the death and the gameplay was new to me, so I knew it was fun.

Resident Evil (or DS version of RE) - The original Resident Evil is actually the first game I played, and I was just about 7-8 years old then, when my dad brought the game home. My brother tried to play it and he couldn't even get past through the dining room with Jill. xD I played it and the outcome was exactly the same, but of course I loved it. When I was finally old enough to play it, I finished it and marveled the old-style gameplay and horror.

Resident Evil 4 - Though this game didn't get to the top of the list, this game was particularly the only game I was able to play properly. RE1 and Code: Veronica were pretty much the games I'd only play until I finished them then move to the next one, but RE4 really got me hooked, mostly because of the change in gameplay. I still don't like the concept of their change though - the game developers could've retained the true horror elements in it, but they didn't. I still love this game overall.

Resident Evil 5 - Almost exactly the same as RE4. Problem is, this ranked lower mostly because the previous horror elements were completely gone from this game.

Honestly these were the only RE games I played thoroughly. I can't rank the other RE's as of yet, since I haven't really played the most part of the game/s yet and I may judge them inaccurately.

Mr Sunshine

I'm obviously going to rate the ones that I have played.

1st place: Resident Evil Director's Cut

The surroundings of this game are ideal! An abandoned mansion, monsters jumping out of nowhere, creepy music, some big bosses ready to eat you alive... I was always terrified while playing this game back then. It had a feeling of solitude. Also the limited ammo and healing items made this game an excellent survival horror game. The puzzles were great too and I preffered searching for clues, items and files rather than shooting zombies! Itchy diary ftw!!

2nd place: Resident Evil 3 Nemesis

Nemesis is the scariest boss of all the RE games I have played! Period. The fact that he would chase you most of the time boosted the fear factor. However the games lucks this remote feeling of the original since it takes place in a city. It had some good puzzles in the Clock tower and the dead factory but I really can't see why there are puzzles in the middle of a road... I really liked the mixing tool also! Very useful if you want to clear the city out of every infected!

3rd place: Resident Evil 2

Great story! Great characters! Great game! However like I previously said the mansion is way better than any RPD! the puzzles are very easy compared to the other titles and -correct me if I'm wrong- aren't so many. I founded the B scenarios really intresting(due to storyline) and boring at the same time since you knew what to do. Not that I don't love RE 2, but i love it less than the other titles above!

4th place: Resident Evil Code Veronica

I haven't finished that game. I have only played it a little. It seems good though. I will definetly replay it one day.

5th place: Resident Evil Outbreak File #1

Survival Horror Games aren't just shooting and killing. Not that this game doesn't have some puzzles to solve but the fact that you are supposed to finish one scenario before your infection rate reaches 100% doesn't leave you much time to read files or explore your surroundings. Melee weapons are quite cool. The diversity of characters also. I would have rated higher this game but I never got the chance to play it online. The AI of the NPCs was horrible. All these don't mean that I don't like it though! After all it's a RE game! ;)

hobojoe521

well so far ive only played one resident evil game, RE4, but watching gameplay movies of the older ones i somehow know i wont like them. main reason is the third person camera, i onlt like ones that are over the shoulder or through the eyes of your charactor(example HALO).

so my ratins are:

RE4

and maybe if i ever get it RE5.

hobojoe521

hobojoe521;66521 said:
well so far ive only played one resident evil game, RE4, but watching gameplay movies of the older ones i somehow know i wont like them. main reason is the third person camera, i only like shooting games that are over the shoulder or through the eyes of your charactor(example HALO).

so my ratings are:

RE4

and maybe if i ever get it RE5. i really hope i can eventually get it

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
1.Lost in Nightmares [i consider it a new game, just amazing]
2 RE5
3 REII
4 Remake
5 RE III
6 RECVX
7 RE Outbreak I and II
8 RE Directors Cut
9 RE O
10 RE4

Iced Digger

1. Resident Evil 5, everything about it is amazing. the story, the weapon system, the features, the fact that it's two player. Everything just puts it over the top really.

2. Resident Evil 3, the nemisis just makes it so tough... this is the only RE I still die in constantly, eventhough I know whats coming. Drives me nuts, but it's extremely satasfying.

3. Resident Evil 4, love the story, the length of the game is gratifying. All the characters were very inguaging and cool, great game.

4. Resident Evil, the original baby. Still really tough when you think about it... excellent game... with some of the best voice acting in a game I've ever heard. :lol:

5. Resident Evil 2, this game is insanely easy and short... but I still love it cause it's RE. Cool to have two different stories to go through.

6. Resident Evil 0, ok game, but definately not my favorite...

I just did those ones if thats ok, I doubt many of you will agree with my top choice but oh well

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
La Femme Fatale;66307 said:
No, I do absolutely agree that it strays too much from what RE is traditionally, and all of them have their own particular flaws. For me though, RE 4 especially, it has enough connections to the older games that it isn't a complete departure, while adding certain features that, in my opinion, made it a more enjoyable game (for me) in its own right and that's more of the position I was coming from. :)

Lol, that's what I meant. ;)

I completely agree, there are so many ties to the earlier games, but alot of people don't give them a chance, because likeing the newer games seems to entail that you are a "noob" in the bunch of fans...alot of people have anamosity towards the newer games because of their overpopularity.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Spike991;66629 said:
I completely agree, there are so many ties to the earlier games, but alot of people don't give them a chance, because likeing the newer games seems to entail that you are a "noob" in the bunch of fans...alot of people have anamosity towards the newer games because of their overpopularity.
I know, that's so irritating. I've had someone say that to me, someone who was introduced to the series by RE 4 and then got obsessed with the first few games. When I told him I loved RE 4, he laughed at me for being a noob. Then I had to politely inform him I'd been playing the series since '99. :rolleyes:

Mr Sunshine

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! WE only deserve to be called RE fans! WE are the PROs of the series!!! WE have been playing them since 1996!! WE only LOVE RE! MUAHAHAHA!! Survival horror ftw!! YOU don't LOVE RE!! YOU don't even KNOW what RE is!! YOU are the noobs!! Action+RE=FAIL.... Well, I'll go do some cleaning now! :lol:

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
Fallen91;66662 said:
MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! WE only deserve to be called RE fans! WE are the PROs of the series!!! WE have been playing them since 1996!! WE only LOVE RE! MUAHAHAHA!! Survival horror ftw!! YOU don't LOVE RE!! YOU don't even KNOW what RE is!! YOU are the noobs!! Action+RE=FAIL.... Well, I'll go do some cleaning now! :lol:
17s4mw.gif

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;66720 said:
*vomits* :sick: I'M A MALE!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

ADMINS, will you make that sex icon visible? Thanks!
Lol, come on man, it's just a smilie! :lol::rolleyes::lol:

Mr Sunshine

Romero;66995 said:

Lol, come on man, it's just a smilie! :lol::rolleyes::lol:

I have taken the proper measures on my signature to counter this kind of situations from now on!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;67004 said:
I have taken the proper measures on my signature to counter this kind of situations from now on!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah, that little male symbol - I see it.

But anyway: :kiss:

See, did it help?? :lol::lol::p

DrainDeimos

Spike991;66629 said:
alot of people have anamosity towards the newer games because of their overpopularity.

I think you are really minimizing people's opinions when you reduce their complaints about series changes to a dislike of "popularity".

Top Bottom