• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rank the RE games...reasons too. :-)

Xcessive_Evil

Sorry if this was done already.

RE2-I loved the different scenarios and the entire storyline. I loved the idea of the G Virus.
Claire Redfield is my favorite character. Alot of boss fights. Just wish Mr.X and Birkin would have gotten into it.

RE/Remake-We wouldn't have the series, nor the remake if the original wasn't so great(even with the F grade VO). Introduced likely one of the top 10 video game badasses of all time.

Code Veronica-I know I'm one of the very few that rank Code Veronica so high. But, I loved the story in this one as well. You actually had to be a bit smarter with you ammo. I liked that it didn't take place in Raccoon City. Had the first true female antagonist. Cool.

RE4-When I first heard that there would no longer be zombies, I was pretty turned off. After giving it a try, I quickly saw alot of the things that we have come to know about RE was there. So, I came to really enjoy it, especially seperate ways and mercenaries.

RE5-Back to its origins in terms of finding the virus. No survival horror, all action. However, I love action. For me, lost points because Chris lived and Wesker died. Gains points for making Wesker look Tyrant-esque and also bringing Jill back(love the battlesuit). Also love the physical attacks(Skullcrusher is too badass), mercenaries is the best yet. Online makes this great.

RE0-Yes, Rebecca and Billy really never being split up lost alot of points, but the lack of item boxes made you play smarter and made it more "realistic". Filled in some holes caused by its predecessors.

RE3-Nemesis is pretty much what makes this game memorable, though his "final" form was very lame. Ammo mixing and freeze rounds was fun.

Outbreak files 1 and 2-Its greatness was the online play. I've not touched either since going offline.

Survivor-As I quote ESPN: "Come on, man!"

I won't include the Chronicles only because other than Leons' and Krausers' scenarios, nothing is really new.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
REmake- actualy scary when you have 5 Crimson Heads after your

REO- Fun, difficult and that Flippin zombie in the freezer always gets me

RE4- Great Story with alot of fun content, and of corse Ada

RE5- Again great story, wesker , and VS mode, but has a lack of scare and gore

Re3- Fun and scary, didn't find much difficulty though

RE2- again good story, but i found it alittle short

RE1- WAY too easy, and horrid acting, story was good if you could follow it

RECVX- havn't finished it yet

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Rank the RE games? I don't know all the games but I'll do my best and rank the ones I do know. Let's see....

FIRST PLACE: Resident Evil 4!
Reason: I love the atmosphere.

SECOND PLACE: Resident Evil 4!
Reason: Awesome gameplay and story.

THIRD PLACE: Resident Evil 4!
Reason: The soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in a game. Thrilling music.

FOURTH PLACE: Resident Evil 4!
Reason: The graphics is stunning.

FIFTH PLACE: Resident Evil 4!
Reason: The ganados! Nothing is crisp like a burned ganado.

SIXTH PLACE: Resident Evil 4!
Reason: I like the characters.

I am sorry but I don't know what game to place 7th.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Resident Evil - First step for the series. Good gameplay, good music, and fun puzzels. The voice acting was terrible. Jill's was ok and Barry, but every other voice acting was horrible. This is my 8th favorite in the series.

Resident Evil: Remake - One of the best remakes ever made. Better gameplay, better music, better puzzels, and even better voice acting. This is my 3rd favorite out of the series.

Resident Evil: 0 - Same of everything from the remake, except with a AI co-op gameplay. Although Albert is hardly in it, it was good. This is my 4th favorite in the series.

Resident Evil: 2 - One of the best RE games. I really liked it, it has good voice acting. The 2 scenarios are good with both A and a B part to both. The thing I wanted to see in this game was Jill, why was Chris on this game and not Jill? This is my 7th favorite RE game.

Resident Evil: 3 - Again another RE game that was really good. Making ammo, more weapons, Mercenaries, unlockable Infinite ammo, and the apperance of the most favorite Tyrant, Nemesis. Best parts are more Jill, return of Barry, and even more action. This is my 5th favorite RE game.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica - Still great. Kept the series going and it was good. Mostly the same thing you would find in the main series. This is my 8th favorite in the series.

Resident Evil: 4 - The best turn for the series. It was the one of the best game to be made of all time. One of the best parts was the death scenes. Although horror(even though the first few weren't that scary at all) was taken out, I didn't care, however hearing the Regenerators and Iron Maidens was kinda of creepy, adding in real horror. This is my 2nd favorite in the series.

Resident Evil 5 - More action, better mercenaries, online, AI partner, and more, d**n, this game is just incredible. This is my most favorited RE game of all time. When the next DLCs come out it will be my favorite forever.

Resident Evil: Gaiden - Now a turning a point into a pile of s**t. Horrible gameplay, story, and everything. Graphics are good, but everything else needs improvement. This is my 2nd least favorite.

Resident Evil: Survivor - Not as good as the first games, it was still fun going around in 1st person. It was however boring after a little bit, but still kinda of fun. The is my 10 favorite in the series.

Resident Evil: Survivor Code Veronica - Awful. Just plain awful. Whoever had the idea for this game is an idiot, and I hope that it wasen't Shinji Mikami. Voice acting, none at all. Gameplay, sucks. AI, stupid. AI Partner, even more terrible. Story, confusing. Everything else was terrible. This is my least favorite in the series.

Resident Evil: Dead Aim - Sure graphics sucks, but it was kinda of fun. Has fun gameplay and good sounds. The thing that I didn't like was the subtitles and an unknown reason on why a guy was turned into a female tyrant. This is my 9th favorite in the series.

StarsiderdotSajun

Disclaimer: I don't own and have never played the RE original, RE 2, or RE 5, so that's why they aren't on the list.

#1 Code Veronica (Dreamcast): Got it for my bday this year from the best friend, always wanted this one because I heard such great things about it. It's my favorite for a few reasons. Mostly because of the storyline but also because of the setting. The characters are new to me so that was good too. I also like Code Veronica for the weapons, being able to aim at two different zombies was pretty neat. But the best part like I said above is the storyline. :)

#2 Resident Evil Remake(Wii): For me this was the scariest game in the series. I generally wait till about 2 or 3 in the morning before I sit down to play Resident Evil but this one was special. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and there were many occasions where I screamed and threw the controller into the air. Also Jill Valentine is my favorite character. In fact I'm playing the Remake as I type this.

#3 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (Dreamcast): This one I listed as three mainly because it's the first Resident Evil game I ever got and the first one I beat, so it holds a special place in my heart. Also as I mentioned above, Jill is my favorite character, so that's an added bonus. The game is not as scary as others, but Nemesis popping out of a bag of chips on the ground and punching you in the back of the head is pretty freaky, even when you know it's coming. However, I have to mention the setting... it makes no sense. There's a street with cars parked on it but either end of the street is blocked off, so not sure how the cars got there in the first place. But who cares!

#4 Resident Evil Zero (Wii): Just finished this one about an hour ago for the first time. At first I really hated this game, the co-op was frustrating, didn't like the characters or the setting, especially the train area. But the game sort of grew on me. I messed around with the character settings a bit and found that having one character on attack and one on idle and then just switching between the two when necessary worked out pretty nice. I really enjoyed how each character had different strengths, how Billy could take a few hits at a time and Rebecca could die from a strong breeze. I also really enjoyed the room with the piano, totally didn't even think Billy could play the piano better than Rebecca.

#5 Resident Evil 4 (Wii): I listed this one as last not because it's a bad game, but because it's hardly scary at all. The change in camera angles from the classic setup is one thing, but the fact that every monster shouts at you in spanish when they see you just seems kind of stupid to me. I can't remember one time in this game when I was even shocked, not one. Okay maybe the chainsaw guys, but that's it. That being said, the game was very fun, and I was very happy when I found out that the main character's name is Leon and you obtain a gun later on called Matilda, as Leon is my #1 favorite movie of all time.

Edit: As the person above mentioned, the Regenerators were pretty scary, I totally forgot about them. :)

weskersbarber

i will rank mine out of 10
MAIN SERIES

RE original - 8.5/10 -this games is legendary.the negatives are the bad graphics and the terrible voice acting. but everything else about the game is great.the music and the mansion were very scary.for me when i was a kid playing this i used to freak out.this is also the game which got most of us older resi fans hooked on resident evil.

RE 0 - 7/10 - very hard but an exellent story with great locations. i loved the training facility.not alot of ammo but the graphics are great for a gamecube game

REmake - 9/10 - excellent remake of the original with extra locations.top class game and my favorite of the series.the graphics are good and the mansion is just legendary

RE 2 - 8.5/10 - Another classic in the re series with a brillant story and two great characters.graphics arent great but they were great for a game released in 98

RE 3 - 7/10 - another solid game and what more can i say about the nemises.he tortured us all the way through the game and that made us very aware and never knowing if he wold be around the next corner throughout the whole game.

RE Code Veronica - 8/10 - this game had mixed reviews from resi fans.alot of people love it and alot dont like it at all. personally i loved it.the controls were a bit awkward but the locations were all creepy and the music made it even more scarier.not to mention the storyline was one of the best in the whole series.all in all it was a very hard game with not much ammo and the tyrant on the plane was a bastard to kill but apart from that i loved pretty much everything else.and not to forget it was the last re game from the main series to feature zombies.

RE 4 - 8.5/10 - what more can i say about this game.it changed the re series altogether.the graphics and controls were excellent and the gameplay was immense. i loved it but it isnt your traditional re game.it is the first not to have zombies but it had a great story not to mention that some of the locations were very creepy. all in all i loved the game.

RE 5 -8/10 - this game had the potential to be bigger than it was but they ruined it.the changed it from survival horror to action game and they ruined weskers character a bit. they took away the fear factor and the game wasnt actually scary at all. i think by having the game taking place during the day was a reason for that..but apart from that it was a great game with absolutely brillant graphics and gameplay.the storyline was very good as well but i am not a big fan of sheva like many people.

OUTBREAK SERIES
RE OUTBREAK FILE 1 - 6/10 - i liked the story to it but the game was a major dissapointment.the controls were very awkward and the characters kept talking through the game which was very annoying. i liked each scenario but it was very hard to finish the game but i got there eventually.

RE OUTBREAK FILE 2 - 5/10 - pretty much the same as file 1 with extra scenarios.not much of an improvement at all and i think its actually worst that file 1.its definetly much harder
SURVIVOR SERIES
GUN SURVIVOR - 4/10 - great story to it and great locations but all in all it sucked.the voice acting is terrible and i cant remember where you could save it at all.not one of the better games of the series

SURVIVOR CODE VERONICA- 3/10- less said about this one the better.easily the worst re game of all time and its pretty pointless.no voice acting and the controls were horrible.just like the game.

DEAD AIM - 6.5 - i loved this game and i loved the story to it.it has great locations to play in and morpheus is a great villian.altough the game is very short which i was dissapointed in but lets not forget it was a good game
CHRONICLE SERIES
UMBRELLA CHRONICLES - 8/10 - great game and i loved the extra scenario in russia.altough this game for me was very hard to achieve A ranks and i still havent finished all of the unlockables missions.

DARKSIDE CHRONICLES - 8.5/10 - A big improvement on the umbrella chronicles.the new scenarios is great and its nice to see krauser again.its also much easier to get headshots and A ranks as well so i think this was one of the best re games ive played.

DrainDeimos

!. RE/REmake-
The original RE popularized the Survival Horror formula. It had cool camera angles, limited ammo and made the player juggle multiple puzzles simultaneously in an atmospheric maze-like mansion.

REmake played off the expectations of RE players by changing the locations of puzzles and jump scares. I knew I was in for it when the famous dogs didn't jump through the window. That made me just as scared as I was when they did jump in the original. The Crimson Heads were perfect. They actually punished the player for killing zombies if they didn't perform the kerosene and lighter puzzle for each dead body. The changes to the Neptune tank were epic as were the additional sections added to the mansion and outside. Lisa Trevor was great and added more creepiness to the mansion's history.

2. RE2-
Two characters, four scenarios and the zapping system. William Birkin is my favorite villain of the series, just an unstoppable engine of destruction. Mr X scared the bejeezus out of me. It expanded on everything RE1 was and introduced new characters.

3. RECV-
Had one of the best plots in the series. I loved that Alfred and Alexia referenced Norman Bates and his mother. The puzzles and backtracking were more maze-like than any previous RE. After finishing with Claire we were treated to Chris's scenario as the ultimate backtracking experience with the entire level layout of both bases being hugely altered. The destroyed facilities were scary as hell and you gotta love poisonous Hunters.

4. RE3-
Running around the ruins of Raccoon city was great and I loved being able to revisit some of RE2's locations. I really liked the ammo/gunpowder system, the quick decision system and, of course, Nemesis was intimidating as all get out. The puzzles were challenging but the game was a little too linear for my taste.

5. RE0-

Some neat new additions like the partner system and the item drop system but felt a bit uninspired. I would have liked to have found out that Rebecca was a traitor but it didn't happen. The leach zombies were scary but James Marcus looked like he stepped out of a Final Fantasy game.

6. RE4-
I had a lot of fun through the village section and enjoyed the game over all. When I got to the castle I expected something a little more scary. Catapults, fire-breathing robot stone dragons and rooms straight out of Gannondorf's castle were not conducive to the game's atmosphere. The island was pretty lame too except for the Regenerator section and U3. Saddler borrowed fashion tips from James Marcus and had a wizard staff.

Why did the enemies give us money, ammo and health for killing them? I don't want to be rewarded for killing in a horror game. I want it to be a hard decision because resources are low. The huge reduction of puzzles was a let down. I didn't like the merchant because I don't want a central hub to provide my weapons, I just want to find them by exploring. Where was the exploring?

I had fun but when the end credits rolled I felt like something was lacking. It didn't feel like RE at all. Not because of the camera or loss of zombies(although that didn't help) but because of stripping out most of the exploration and puzzles and adding things like gold and a weapon store.

I never could bring myself to replay RE4 and that was a first for an RE game for me. I respect that a lot of people like the new action direction but it's not my cup of tea.

7. RE5-
Had even less puzzles than RE4. Had more weapons and aggressive resources and was even more linear than RE4. This game made RE4 look like a survival horror prize(a huge stretch). At least RE4 had some backtracking, some atmosphere, and really novel moments like the Regenerators, Cabin defend, U3, Dog Maze, etc. The stuff that was recycled in RE5 just didn't have the same impact.

And no, I didn't like it better than RE4 just because Chris, Jill, Wesker and a Progenitor derivative were in it. The story was not going to get me to enjoy the action direction anymore than I did the first go around with RE4.

Thank god they are going to give us LIN which will probably take some of my favorite aspects of RE4 and mix them with more influences from the originals.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm only going to rank the ones in the main series, because I haven't played many of the others and the ones I have would be near the bottom of the list anyway.

1. Resident Evil 4
I know this one takes alot of sh!t from RE fans, but in my opinion, on it's own it's definitely the best out of the bunch. And not solely because of Leon, but it's just a fantastic game. Before RE 4, I only played the first couple games but I wasn't really into the series, RE 4 was the game that changed that for me.

2. Resident Evil Code Veronica
It had the best storyline and the most interesting bunch of characters, by far.

3. Resident Evil 5
Again, not a hugely popular favourite in the series - but on it's own it's also a fabulous game. I was never bored throughout it. It's fun and there's plenty of replay value.

4. Resident Evil REmake
I haven't gotten through the whole thing yet, but this is what 'Resident Evil' is about in the more purist sense of the term. I haven't gotten through it yet because I'm too damn chickensh!t to go up against the crimson heads.

5. Resident Evil 3
The first RE game I beat, so it has that going for it. Nemesis scared the sh!t out of me the first time around. And I enjoy the extras- playing as Regina from Dino Crisis, well, it's not technically Regina but you get the picture.

6. Resident Evil 2
It's a good game. Good story. Love the characters introduced - Leon, William, and Ada have always been among my favourites.

7. Resident Evil 1 (Original)
Well, it was the first so I'll give it that, but it never really sparked my interest.

8. Resident Evil 0
I just did NOT like this game. Billy is okay as a character, he's nice eye candy, but apart from that I couldn't pay attention to it. I don't know if it was that creepy opera singer leech dude, Rebecca (who has always been one of my least favourite characters), the stupid leech enemies, the monkey things, I don't know - I just didn't like it. I also HATED the fact there was no item box and you just had to drop things. I love my ****ing item boxes, that's the one thing I probably miss most of the series. I mean, in RE 4 and RE 5, the system is a bit more improved from RE 0, but I just hated dropping things - everytime we moved from the train to the mansion to whatever, I'd have to run around and pile my **** in one room and then I'd 'run out of space' and have to find another safe room to throw the rest of my sh!t in. It was irritating.

ConvictedMP5

my top 5 from favorite to least.

1st: Resident Evil 3 of course, i love this game so much. not only is this my favorite game of the series, its also my favorite game of all time :D :D. so fun to play how your outside in a creepy city at nighttime trying to escape from zombies and monsters. 100000000/10

2nd: Resident Evil 2. great game its really fun to play beacuse theres 4 main senarios, and 3 mini senarios, theres 7 playable characters. and this game also has my favorite gun in the whole series, the upgraded desart eagle. :) 10000/10

3rd: Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles: much much better than UC, the senarios are more closer to there actuall game counterparts. great to see tofu back. and gives more of a realistic feeling than UC beacuse you can see the other person thats your partner and you can see yourself reloading :). 1000/10

4th: Resident Evil Survivor: i kno that most RE fan hate this game but i love it. i has my favorite files, great plot, weapons, music, and really cool tyrant. 100/10

5th: Resident Evil 5: better than RE4 all around, music, weapons, plot is alot better, graphics are almost like real life if you play it in full HD. wesker S.T.A.R.S. is now playable in the over the scholder camera for the first and probaly the only time. 100/10

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'm surprised to see a top 5 list of RE games without RE4!
Be careful, someone might ban you for that. Lol joking.

~Excella~

Premium
1. Resident Evil/Resident Evil: Director's Cut/Deadly Silence (PS1/DS/Saturn) - LOVE this game. No matter how old it gets, it will always top my list. It presented the coolest story ever, the best music, the best atmosphere, the scariest elements, the best group of characters...simply the best and the beginning of what would be the best video game series ever that would continue to empty my wallet. Yes, the word BEST is used many times when describing this game!

2. Resident Evil 2 - VERY close to beating out RE1 on my list. Basically a lot of the same positives as RE1 and yet another great story. The addition of Claire as Chris's sister was awesome, I loved that idea. I also think RE2 Leon>>>>>>RE4 Leon.

3. Resident Evil 5 - One of my most played RE games, I am just going to echo what I said in another thread about the great direction RE is going in and how new and fresh RE5 is. I love practically everything about this game, especially the Chris/Wesker/Jill reunion. The controls were awesome, the graphics, amazing.

4. Resident Evil: Code Veronica - Steve was of course annoying but I was so excited that they brought back Chris and Claire and put them in a game together, along with Wesker making a comeback. I liked the story as well. The only gripe I had with this game )besides Steve being annoying) was Alfred. What a terrible character....

5. Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - Took just about all of my favourite RE games and rolled them into one. Can't go wrong with that!

6. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - Back to the original look and feel of RE and starring Jill, one of the best RE characters. Nemesis was a great addition and I liked how he randomly showed up. It kept the scare factor alive.

7. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - Meh, this one was alright. As you will see later in my post, I can't stand RE0 so the many RE0 levels in this game had me hoping it would end quick.

8. REMake - I really didn't like this one....the updated graphics and better dialogue was great but I found the game to be too dull and boring....which sounds weird because it's basically RE1 all over again but it was still different and I didn't enjoy it much.

9. File 1, File 2, Survivor, Dead Aim, Gaiden, RE4 - I know people are scratching their heads at RE4 being included in this mess but I hated RE4. It was boring, the atomosphere was lame, I didn't like the way Leon looked, I didn't like any of the new characters....I was SO happy to finish this game. I tried to play it a second time not long ago and as soon as I got to the first typewriter, I saved it and turned off the game.

10. Resident Evil 0 - Worst RE game ever made. I hate everything about it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
JadeSpeyer;66237 said:
2. Resident Evil 2 - VERY close to beating out RE1 on my list. Basically a lot of the same positives as RE1 and yet another great story. The addition of Claire as Chris's sister was awesome, I loved that idea. I also think RE2 Leon>>>>>>RE4 Leon.

6. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - Back to the original look and feel of RE and starring Jill, one of the best RE characters. Nemesis was a great addition and I liked how he randomly showed up. It kept the scare factor alive.

10. Resident Evil 0 - Worst RE game ever made. I hate everything about it.
Wow. :blink: I don't know RE0, what is so special about it? Has it old school camera angles or camera over the shoulder?

Isn't RE2 and RE3 similar? I'm surprised to see RE3 at 6th place when RE2 almost made it to the top of the list.

Sexta_PT

1º place - resident evil 3 : i enjoyed the puzzles , the ambient sound especialy in the dead factory stage, the nemesis, almost everything.

2º place - resident evil : it was the first one and i liked the story , but i didnt like some of the enemys.

3º place - resident evil 5: it was an action game, not a horror game and i tought i was buying an horror game. The video settings menu was an horror for pc users since it was very poor, causing trouble to many people that dont have high-end computers.

I only played these 3 games so thats all i can rank.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
i feel like there should be a separate board for all the RE4/RE5 fanboys and people oozing over claire/leon/etc. i'm not one for much bias like this when it comes to ranking things, it kinda gets on my nerves.

RE3 - the last great resident evil, and the best of them in my opinion. no game can recreate the fear i felt my first time through, wondering if nemesis was going to be around every corner, and the peril every time i heard his roar or his music start up. also, the fact that he could run faster than jill really scared the **** out of me. along with that, take what i thought to be an awesome story line, a then amazing and innovative weapons system, and of course the classic voice overs and character gestures that were so terrible, they were a landmark for the series, and you have a game that hands down makes my list for top five video games of all time.

RE1 - i feel like it goes without saying that without this game, we wouldn't be here (on this forum, that is.) i remember playing it for the first time as a kid, and it was so groundbreaking. i was terrified right from the opening video. i still shudder when i remember encountering that first zombie. this game bring me such a wonderful nostalgia.

RE2 - basically, take everything good i mentioned about RE3, subtract the ammo system and nemesis, add tyrant.

RE:CV - i saw this game as more of a spin off than anything else. don't get me wrong, it's a really good game, but i just feel like the series took the same road as mortal kombat, heading progressively downhill over the years and going away from what originally made it great. again, an overall good game, but the replay value was very low for me. i don't see myself playing this again anytime soon.

RE4 - don't get me wrong. RE4 is a great game, and it was revolutionary for the series. it has a great appeal to the crowd that was new to RE, and the new camera along with the new enemies are a fresh feel for a series that started to mold with CV. however, the change didn't really appeal to me. being such a big fan of 1-3, i saw these changes as capcom's failed attempt at revamping the series. however, younger gamers thought otherwise, and have embraced the game as the best in the series. hey, to each his own..

RE5 - with the addition of online co-op, RE5 had a major appeal with the new generation of gamers. holding to the trail blazed by RE4, its style is unique and innovative. however, again, it's not the changes i was interested in seeing. although it was very well received, i have the same feeling about RE5 as i did about the first mortal kombat game to be released after 4; a good game, but it has me throwing in the towel and giving up hope that there will ever be another one that i will enjoy like the good old days.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
the venemous grand design;66280 said:
i feel like there should be a separate board for all the RE4/RE5 fanboys and people oozing over claire/leon/etc. i'm not one for much bias like this when it comes to ranking things, it kinda gets on my nerves.
Yes, because segregation has always been great for societies. :rolleyes:

Hun, everyone has some kind of personal bias when ranking these games. What one person likes, another may dislike. 'One man's trash is another man's treasure'... that's kind of the way life is, isn't it? Just because someone may list RE 4 or 5 at the top and you don't agree with them, does not make them any more or less biased than you, unless of course, they haven't played the other games. All it means is that they have different tastes. It is very difficult - impossible, even - to make this list objectively, and no one here has done so yet. I'm not sure anyone even could, because we're all influenced by both internal and external factors and values that determine or dictate our enjoyability of a game. And those factors and values are different for everyone. You can't make this list objectively. ;)

REmake enthusiast
La Femme Fatale;66289 said:
Yes, because segregation has always been great for societies. :rolleyes:

Hun, everyone has some kind of personal bias when ranking these games. What one person likes, another may dislike. 'One man's trash is another man's treasure'... that's kind of the way life is, isn't it? Just because someone may list RE 4 or 5 at the top and you don't agree with them, does not make them any more or less biased than you, unless of course, they haven't played the other games. All it means is that they have different tastes. It is very difficult - impossible, even - to make this list objectively, and no one here has done so yet. I'm not sure anyone even could, because we're all influenced by both internal and external factors and values that determine or dictate our enjoyability of a game. And those factors and values are different for everyone. You can't make this list objectively. ;)

i don't honestly believe there should be a separate forum for fans of the newer games, i really like the way the discussion is split up between games. i will have my fun in the 1-3 board, they can have the 4 and 5 boards ;)

however, i still think it's kinda dumb that some people are like "oh i like RE4 the best cause leon looks so cool with his nu-wave haircut and he's such a hunk and omg!" a hot antagonist does not a good game make.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
the venemous grand design;66292 said:
however, i still think it's kinda dumb that some people are like "oh i like RE4 the best cause leon looks so cool with his nu-wave haircut and he's such a hunk and omg!" a hot antagonist does not a good game make.
Well, obviously, but I don't recall anyone doing that in this thread. You have that going on with almost every fandom, because men aren't the only gender who can think with their genitals. :p My argument was not in relation to that - fck, I've done it too, mostly to shock/annoy/make people laugh. That wasn't my point. It was this misconception that anyone who likes RE 4 or RE 5 more than the other games must be biased/new to the series/misguided, which I believe is untrue and unfair. I've been into the series for years, I've played all from the main series and beaten most, and I simply find RE 4 the most enjoyable. I don't see how I (or anyone who loves RE 4) is more 'biased' than anybody else.

REmake enthusiast
La Femme Fatale;66298 said:
Well, obviously, but I don't recall anyone doing that in this thread. You have that going on with almost every fandom, because men aren't the only gender who can think with their genitals. :p My argument was not in relation to that - fck, I've done it too, mostly to shock/annoy/make people laugh. That wasn't my point. It was this misconception that anyone who likes RE 4 or RE 5 more than the other games must be biased/new to the series/misguided, which I believe is untrue and unfair. I've been into the series for years, I've played all from the main series and beaten most, and I simply find RE 4 the most enjoyable. I don't see how I (or anyone who loves RE 4) is more 'biased' than anybody else.
true. i would be lying if i said bias wasn't involved, i take that statement back. the nostalgia i have with the old games definitely plays a factor in my list. i bought RE4 and RE5, and have since returned them. however, i still own my original copies of 1, 2, and 3, and have no plans to get rid of them
2qnvdih.gif

however, that's what makes the difference between a favorites list and a "best of all time" list. in my honest opinion, i just feel like 4 and 5 stray from the path of what a RE game should be. i'm entitled to that opinion, as you are to yours.

and as for the thinking with the genitals statement, it goes both ways, becuase i have seen many a fanboy swoon over jill or claire. i know i used to when i was a little kid.

Top Bottom