• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Original or Remake??

Duo

I saw that the Wii Archives version of Zero just came out. I might give it a shot based on your recommendation. Hopefully my time with Umbrella Chronicles won't totally ruin the story aspect.

bruno

Chief Researcher
In UC, the story is shortened and changed so it fits the game, but it spoils a bunch of things. Anyway, you still get to play the puzzles and a see a little more about the story, so i still reccomend you play it.

Duo

I'm pretty sure the only Resident Evil plots that haven't been spoiled for me beforehand are RE5 and Operation Javier, so it's all good. And I am somewhat fond of Billy Coen.

L

Lurker
Fallen, we dont discuss emulators here or anything illegal, so watch out.

Anyway i prefer REmake

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I just so happen to have both of the Archives games out right now. RE0 was great, and this one is exactly the same...exactly, except for on little thing, it seems that Capcom redid all of the text in the game, especially the typos in documents(one in particular that called William "Barkin", rather than Birkin). Otherwise it is really fun, in fact when I was playing just recently I unlocked the machingun for the first time.

I think it has to do with the difficulty, I got an A on normal...

Anyway, I recommend it, and it will keep you playing for awhile, since it is pretty much the most challenging game in the series, RE0 & Code Veronica anyway.:)

And, if you say you are fond of Billy, I think you should definately get it, since the Billy in UC was actually kind of lame, he didn't have his smooth criminal voice from RE0.

~Excella~

Premium
I still like the original better because it means more to me and I think it's more fun than the REmake. The original brings back a fun time in my life and a lot of great memories about the game and it's what started my long time love for the RE series. I love the bad dialogue, it's hilarious.

SamuraiEdge

Remake all day long, I'll never forget the Original because it is a classic but Remake is in my eyes the best Re game ever made. Infact it's my favorite game ever. The fact that they had zombies in a creepy mansion was awesome enough but when Remake came out and even right now, they are some of the best graphics I've ever seen. Then they thew in abit more story with extra files on George Trevor and then there is Lisa and the Crimson Heads. For me this game isn't far from perfect, I dont think Capcom will ever top the Remake.

leon83

SamuraiEdge;66286 said:
Remake all day long, I'll never forget the Original because it is a classic but Remake is in my eyes the best Re game ever made. Infact it's my favorite game ever. The fact that they had zombies in a creepy mansion was awesome enough but when Remake came out and even right now, they are some of the best graphics I've ever seen. Then they thew in abit more story with extra files on George Trevor and then there is Lisa and the Crimson Heads. For me this game isn't far from perfect, I dont think Capcom will ever top the Remake.

I fully agree the remake is the best resident evil.

comicbooknerd

I personally prefer the remake. The graphics were a lot better which was obviously great ( I know graphics don't always make the game) But I feel the remake stuck true to the original and improved upon it, the puzzle solving was great, a lot of them were almost identical to the original. all in all I felt it was very true to the original, improved with great graphics and improved game play as well as some fantastic improved scare moments! ( dogs bursting through windows etc)

Wesker_xSTARSx

I personally perfer the original. I much perfer the shiny new graphics and all, but nothing beats that nostalgic sense of awesomeness playing the original... that and I hate the intergration of Crimson Heads. It was just... a pointless way to make it unpredictably "harder".

Wesker_xSTARSx

How Is This Possible!?

I've played both and love both. The original was the first RE game I ever played, back when it was still in those cardboard boxes. The remake of course had better graphics and game play, it was made an entire console generation later. But, I did love the introduction to Lisa and more to the background to the Arklay incident. However, I really got out of that survival feeling when the Crimson Heads were introduced to the gameplay. I felt like I was just playing a game and lost the feeling of actually feeling like I was surviving an epic journey just for turning around a corner or opening a door like I did in the first game. In the remake I felt like I could actually worry about the story developing and who was my friends and who was my enemies, which was still a great part of the game. But, in the original I felt like I didn't have enough time to worry about that crap because I was too busy ****ting my self over everything that moved or with every step that I took worrying if I was going to get attacked. So, in my personal opinion, the best is...

Resident Evil: Director's Cut

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I haven't played the REmake but I have watched the cutscenes for it--:geek:--and on the other hand, the dual shock version of the Director's Cut was the first RE game I ever played and I was about maybe seven or eight. I can't really compare the game play but just from the cut scenes, the original/director's cut had a better feel to it. (Or maybe that's just me being biased because I like the old games.) For me, the older version is darker and scarier, plus there's just nothing like Barry's original voice saying: "What is this?" everytime you see him. (And original Wesker beats REmake Wesker anyday of the week.)

My vote goes to: Director's Cut.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Wesker_xSTARSx;73826 said:
But, in the original I felt like I didn't have enough time to worry about that crap because I was too busy ****ting my self over everything that moved or with every step that

Totally agree with you lol. Quick ? Did they ever make the remake available to Ps3 users? or is it strictly Nintendo

LordGolbez

I Love Them Both The Original Because Of The Memories And Remake Because Of The Extra Stuff It Made It Feel Like A Different Game.

sadistic_greyfox

After playing the REmake first I sort of can't imagine going back and playing the original. From what I understand they improved on everything from the ps1 game, so there really isn't any need to go back to it. Not to mention they ported it over for the Wii as well so it's not hard to find at all. Damn those crimson heads though, that was a curveball.

Top Bottom