• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Original or Remake??

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
hunterseeker;59227 said:
There's good and bad things about both:

The original:

Good:
It has the BEST sounding music to it.
Has a much more original feel to it.

The bad:
Terrible acting.
Not very good graphics.
Gets boring quickly,until your out the mansion for the first time.

The remake:

Good:

Is much more scary than the original.
Darker more sinister music used.
Shadows appear in the almost darkness on the walls,etc.
Crimson heads.
Lisa Trevor.
Much better graphics.
Even the beginning mansion part doesn't get boring unlike the original. As you can pick up daggers or stunner or grenades, so you can't get bitten, or use them for the hell of it, for extra fun.
More enemies.
More tasty, more powerful weapons.
Better,harder puzzles.

Bad:
Doesn't have as good music as the original.
Doesn't have that originality feel.

Conclusion: The remake I prefer.

But when I want the nostalgic original feel and music, I play the original.
Nice list. :)
The original has better music?? That must be more because of the choice of music and not the sound quality. But now we are talking personal taste and preference. I have not heard the music so I have no preference here.

Mr Sunshine

Comparing the graphics of these two games would be unfair, since the original came out 12 years ago if i'm not mistaken.

I've only played the original and I can't stand the fact that the remakers have access to better storyline and more cutscences.

However, one thing i love in the original is the cast video!! Wesker just rocks!!!!

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Sunglasses;60394 said:
I prefer remake. The original wasn't bad, just the voice acting XD

I agree lol. I do prefer the remake, but I catch myself wishing I still had my copy of the original...and the Director's Cut.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
The remakes better simply because the acting doesnt make me cringe. Oh and the new additions, i.e lisa

jw1322

the original will always be special for me. i first played it when i was thirteen and it spawned a 10 year (and counting!) zombie obsession for me. i just played REmake a few months ago and liked it too, its a really tough call. i'd say probably the original just for nostalgia purposes

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
hunterseeker;59227 said:
There's good and bad things about both:

The original:

Good:
It has the BEST sounding music to it.
Has a much more original feel to it.

The bad:
Terrible acting.
Not very good graphics.
Gets boring quickly,until your out the mansion for the first time.

The remake:

Good:

Is much more scary than the original.
Darker more sinister music used.
Shadows appear in the almost darkness on the walls,etc.
Crimson heads.
Lisa Trevor.
Much better graphics.
Even the beginning mansion part doesn't get boring unlike the original. As you can pick up daggers or stunner or grenades, so you can't get bitten, or use them for the hell of it, for extra fun.
More enemies.
More tasty, more powerful weapons.
Better,harder puzzles.

Bad:
Doesn't have as good music as the original.
Doesn't have that originality feel.

Conclusion: The remake I prefer.

But when I want the nostalgic original feel and music, I play the original.

Good points! I agree that the soundtrack from the original was definitely more unique and really eerie sounding.

I have to go with the remake version though. It was something that needed to be done.

I still have the Director's Cut of the original- got it years ago at a Gamestop for $9.99. lol

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
STAR_738;61062 said:
Good points! I agree that the soundtrack from the original was definitely more unique and really eerie sounding.

I have to go with the remake version though. It was something that needed to be done.

I still have the Director's Cut of the original- got it years ago at a Gamestop for $9.99. lol

Hahaha...when I still had my Playstation I owned the original and the Director's Cut. Man..I seriously want that one back. I miss the old RE1.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I prefer the original. The music is great, it's what started everything, and the voice acting is horrible (which I LOVE for some reason xD). I didn't get to play very much of REmake, due to the fact that an old girlfriend decided to go bats*** crazy on all my stuff. I just never bought it again.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
tremor;61080 said:
Hahaha...when I still had my Playstation I owned the original and the Director's Cut. Man..I seriously want that one back. I miss the old RE1.

Have you tried looking on ebay for it?

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
There is actually a store in a nearby town called Play n Trade. It sells EVERYTHING. Games, systems, hardware etc, even all the way back to atari. Anywho, I got the DC for $8. Just go to their website and see if there is a store near you. Trust me, it's worth it. Sooo many classic gems in there.

NO1ResidentEvilFan

i like the way in which they put weskers and william birkins experiment into the remake (lisa trevor) but i think the original is better esspecially in umbrella chronicles

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Godzilla90s;63263 said:
the original ofcourse. more fun to play and has better lighting! i never really liked the REmake too much
Really?
If I wasn't convinced before, Is remake worth it would convince me remake is really woth it. :)
What's wrong with it in your opinion?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Godzilla90s;63263 said:
the original ofcourse. more fun to play and has better lighting! i never really liked the REmake too much

The only funny thing in the original is the voice acting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=771PQRXV5QI&feature=related

Better lightning? REmake's lihgtening is much more realistic and adds a lot to it's scaryness, unlike in RE1, in which there's much more light then it should.
Defenately, REmake is much better!

ConvictedMP5

the remake was too dark and that did not make the game any scarier for me. the original has the classic RE feel to it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
RE 1, 2 and 3 are all very similar in terms of graphics, because they all have a Picture as background. Since RECV they started to have in-game background, having less detail left to spend on characters/enemies (sorry i don't know the correct terms).
I think the lightning in REmake is adequate, Especially, the light effects in the CH dungeon. I love the shadows in REmake and RE0, they look very realistic.
Don't forget many rooms in REmake are lightened by fire/candles, which is much darker than if they were lamps. Also, the pople in the facility used low-voltage lamps to help environment, hehe.

Duo

A couple months back I first began my dive into the world of survival horror...

I tried RE1 Directors Cut a couple times, and I just couldn't get past how bad so many of the aspects were. I could get into it. When I gave 2 a try, it sucked me in right away, same with 3.

When I got around to REmake, it was a bit of a chore at first, but the game pulled me in pretty well. Considering it's the best looking old-style Resident Evil game, I'd give it my preference.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Duo;63359 said:
AConsidering it's the best looking old-style Resident Evil game, I'd give it my preference.

If you like REmke, try RE0, it looks similar to REmake and it's old-style (it has some changes like some co-op with the AI and a different item management system, but it's cool.)

Top Bottom