• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

new book

yea or nay

• awesome

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • go ahead

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dude whats wrong with you

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

rios_mason

Im planning on writing a book that pertains to an unmentioned survivor of the Racoon city incident.
Please tell me your thought on the idea.

bruno

Chief Researcher
You could make a very good story. If you have some ideas, why not trying it?
If you write the book, don't forget to post a little bit here.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Im also writing a Resident evil book.

but im worried about Capcom like suing me or somethin, because its their universe and i HAVE NO IDEA how to publish a book set in a universe thats already existing and already existing characters used in the book.

Hoady

Selenatripox;38602 said:
Im also writing a Resident evil book.

but im worried about Capcom like suing me or somethin, because its their universe and i HAVE NO IDEA how to publish a book set in a universe thats already existing and already existing characters used in the book.

Well its only illegal if you publish it and haven't been given the right by capcom but then again they 'might' not notice or care.You could try something similar to resident evil but stylize it to your needs because its not like capcom invented zombies or virus superpowers for that matter lol.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Hoady;38615 said:
Well its only illegal if you publish it and haven't been given the right by capcom but then again they 'might' not notice or care.You could try something similar to resident evil but stylize it to your needs because its not like capcom invented zombies or virus superpowers for that matter lol.

Umbrella is in it and so is Nemesis, Jill Valentine and company... so im gonna need Capcoms permission. :(
but i dont know how to get one...

rios_mason

[First entry]
Hapy birday dady. i hop you lik yor nu diary.
luv jazmin.

[May 24, 1998]
well today is my birth day, and like I promised my daughter, I'm writing
in my brand new diary. Jazmin, I love you very much.

[May 27, 1998]
well I've been on the force for two months and there has been only one death. This is actually a very quiet town.

[June 13, 1998]
this is unusual. More people have turned up missing. Everyone is getting worried.

[June 15, 1998]
today I was called to investigate three killings. It was a family living on the outskirts of town. Looked like they were killed by some large animal.

[June 20, 1998]
the maulings are getting closer to town.

[July 3, 1998]
Now I’m really scared. James didn’t come into work today. I went by his house after work to see if he was okay. He was lying in a pool of his own blood in his front yard.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.

[July 10, 1998]
I can’t believe those animals are still out there. A farmer near the outskirts of the city called in today saying that he had found something that he thought we should see. They sent me out to investigate. What the farmer had ”found” looked like a rabid dog. The farmer said that it was attacking his livestock and killed a calf. He was able to shoot it with a twelve gauge before it was able to do any more damage.

[July 24, 1998]
The S.T.A.R.S. alpha and bravo teams were sent out last night. They won’t tell me what happened but my good friend Enrico Marini didn’t come back. Jill and Chris took me aside and told me that they needed to tell me something. I wonder what they want?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Looking great, keep it going. Is that the introduction to the story or just a diary found by a character?

strikesback5

Hoady;38615 said:

You may wish to ask Capcom first though, just to be on the safe side.

Hoady

Selenatripox;38617 said:
Umbrella is in it and so is Nemesis, Jill Valentine and company... so im gonna need Capcoms permission. :(
but i dont know how to get one...

Oh ok i thought you didn't write anything yet.I'm not sure the only thing you can do is go on to there site and contact them, ask if its possible and if there are problems if theres a way around it(you gotta pursue to claim).

If it gets completed get someone trust worthy or respectable you know that reads and get him/her to tell you if there any flaws in the story or if she/he likes it and to be truly honest.A second oppinion is always best and if it does somehow ending up being an epic(anythings possible) you don't want some punk on the internet to steal it but you could always go to a fan site and post a few pages of your story.

lol how much have you done?(<^likewise to rios_mason):p

mastermind

well you can write as much as you want you. you just cant publish it without capcoms permission. cause really if you think about it the RE role playing is kinda like writing a story, not necessarily a book, but just wit alot of authors

rios_mason

bruno;38718 said:
Looking great, keep it going. Is that the introduction to the story or just a diary found by a character?

As to your question, this is actually the diary of the main character. when the diary ends the story will pick up and you are supposed to know what the main character knows.

As to the other members of this forum, thank you for your support.

Top Bottom