• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Leon Kennedy Comparison ( RE4 To RE:Degeneration )

Fayrra

Schrodinger's Cat
[quote author=iHadeSsS link=topic=617.msg16907#msg16907 date=1228834562]
RE2 leon is a noob, its his first day on the job, but he's not special forces then, he's just starting his job as an Racoon city cop thats all..
so he doesn't have his RE4/degeneration attitude at all.
[/quote]
That is actually kind of wrong. While he is a rookie, he wasn't just going to be a normal cop. He was assigned to the S.P.F.(Select Police Force) Which is supposed to be a replacement for S.T.A.R.S. It isn't that great but it certaintly isn't a normal position. I'm sure Leon must have shown some great promise in the police academy for him to be put in the S.P.F.

JillValentine1974

Leon Scott Kennedy... hmmmmmmmm.........

Actually there is no point on comparing his appearance from RE 4 to RE: Degeneration, because they keep on changing his face every year...

look at RE 2, his first appearance where he look like noobs and then he returns in RE 4 with a very tough body....

(sorry if my English is not that good)

InfadaStone

[quote author=leonada link=topic=617.msg16697#msg16697 date=1228658884]
I prefer Leon at RE4.His attitude in the degeneration movie is so...ego?Did anyone realise that?I mean he seems not as humble than RE4.His facial expression in the movie is more fierce than the game,whereby in the game he looked more normal and doesn't frown all the time.
[/quote]

I totally agree with this, you took the words out of my mouth, love! Also Leon's hair seems to look different, a darker shade. I much prefer the image they gave him in RE:4, the choppy hair and the slight hint that he is actually alive and conscious, unlike in Degeneration, LOL. He looks like he's trying to do a Dolph Lundgren impression... He is much more human in RE:4. He shows expression, fear, care and worry - like any person would do.
He shows NONE of that in Degeneration... all I could think of was Dolph Lundgren, seriously! LOL.

ResiDude

Thank god someone else noticed all these things!

I thought I was the only person who was slightly annoyed by Leon in the film! Which I felt bad about as I love RE so much!

He looks so moody in the film! I mean.. I know he has to be professional and tough, especially after the things he's been through. However, surely when he meets Claire again after all that time, the woman who he escaped the atrocities of Raccoon City with, he would show SOME emotion! The way he stands in the film even annoyed me.. his arms are always in the exact same place and he's really stiff. Not like the Leon we all know and love at all! :(

Despite all of this though, it's one of my favourite ever CGI films as it was AWESOME! 8)

InfadaStone

[quote author=RE5. link=topic=617.msg16438#msg16438 date=1227936686]
If you had to decide what one was more sexy whcih would you choose lol.[/quote]

I could marry RE IV Leon.

[quote author=ResiDude link=topic=617.msg19877#msg19877 date=1232222301]
However, surely when he meets Claire again after all that time, the woman who he escaped the atrocities of Raccoon City with, he would show SOME emotion! The way he stands in the film even annoyed me.. his arms are always in the exact same place and he's really stiff.[/quote]

I found that weird aswell...

Tallahassee

i dont like how they gave a soft side to leon...he was so badass in re4 re degeneration kinda ruined that and his eyes in the movie looked so babiesh

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I thought it was something to do with the animators having issues with transferring his character to high-definition. I'm slightly more concerned with his personality, or lackthereof, rather than his appearence. I think he's alot different - alot more dull- than he was in RE 4.

Trinity

I think he just got hollow...Who wouldn't? Zombies,Las Plagas..Nothing to be in the EasterBunny mood...anyway..I like him anyway..my sexy dumbass blonde.

teal27

I do think he looks different, but in a hard to define way, considering the more advanced animation for Degeneration over RE4.

Personality wise, I didn't like him as much in Degeneration. He just seemed too stiff. I'm not asking him to be cracking jokes ever five minutes, but we should at least see a touch of what Leon's personality was like in RE4. I can't put the two personalities together, honestly. Other than the ladies man part. He still manages to be that.:rolleyes:

Raef

I think he was better in Resident Evil 4, compared to Degeneration. The thing that struck me the hardest is his hair. Not that blonde, signature look anymore, but almost a medium-dark brown. His face also severely lacks the expression it did in RE4. Leon also looks slightly shorter, in comparison to other characters in Degeneration.

Raef

Less emotion. He always seems ****ed off. Like he'd rather be fishing...with Del Lago.

Top Bottom