• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Josh and Excella Gameplay

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
B****slap MADNESS! Cool, but Excella's still lame.
Josh is prety cool though. SUPLEX!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I kinda of like Excella's melee attacks and I like the neddle attack where she holds them by the ear and injects them, weird but it looks cool.

I also like Josh's melee attacks mostly the suplex. I think his weapon load out mostly because it is the rocketlauncher and the M3 Shotgun. The only problem with him is just 1 of his moves. It is not going to keep me from using him, but I don't understand it, but I am not going to try to explain it since it is to complicated to explain.

swift poet

I think it'll be interesting to try out both. Josh looks like he might be kinda slow though due to all the heavy gear he has to lug around but I could be wrong, and Excella is just plain hot, whether she's posing or pwning.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
That's funny you mention that, as I have always thought the standard BSAA uniform was really clunky.

Of course when you see Chris wearing it in 2006, he has the sleeves rolled up, and he seems to get owned by Wesker. in the 2008 time period he was wearing that really tight shirt, instead of the standard BSAA uniform, perhaps he wore that as it would be easier to maneauver in...

Levan

Polkka. lol
It's like I'm seeing a brand new character with Excella; she wasn't that comedic as her story counterpart. D:

Leon's suplex is much more better compared to Josh's. Besides, Leon has a flexible vertebrae, being able to suplex AND tilt his body upwards afterward, lol.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I liked Excella in the game, but her role was basically just to get killed off. I do think she had potential for another role later in the series, I really think Irving did too.

Playing as her might make me appreciate her a little more...by the way, is Irving going to be in it too?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Spike991;63889 said:
I liked Excella in the game, but her role was basically just to get killed off. I do think she had potential for another role later in the series, I really think Irving did too.

Playing as her might make me appreciate her a little more...by the way, is Irving going to be in it too?

Haha, i think Excella may still be important (indirectly) in future games, but that's another topic. She was very close to Ada, but Ada worked WITH Wesker (she didn't trust him, and only wanted his help to achieve her own goals), while Excella worked FOR Wesker (she was obcessed with him).

We don't know about Irving. There's 2 unknown characters, Irving might be one of them.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
When you say close to Ada, you mean similar right? As they didn't know eachother I don't think.

There are 8 new characters right? I am not sure who is there at all, okay there is: Chris(with that dumb new outfit), Sheva(with that red hood), Excella...who else?

Also, I keep hearing about Barry & Rebecca, although I hear that they are at this point just trophies.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Spike991;63899 said:
When you say close to Ada, you mean similar right? As they didn't know eachother I don't think.

There are 8 new characters right? I am not sure who is there at all, okay there is: Chris(with that dumb new outfit), Sheva(with that red hood), Excella...who else?

Also, I keep hearing about Barry & Rebecca, although I hear that they are at this point just trophies.

Yes, i mean similar.
As i said in another thread:

In the official ocidental site, in the Mercnaries Reunion section, you see the characters divided like this:

Lost In Nightmares
Excella Gione
???????????

Costume Pack 1
Business (Sheva)
Heavy Metal (Chris)

Desperate Escape
Josh Stone
???????????

Costume Pack 2
Fairy Tale (Sheva)
Warrior (Chris)

Rebecca and Barry are throphies, which lead people to think they'de be 2 of the characters, but they'd have to be the Lost in Nightmares characters. Then Excella was placed as one of the LIN characters, which lead me to believe Barry and Rebecca won't be there AND Excella will have some sort of appearence in LIN, probably in the ending cutscene (just a theory).
I don't have a clue about the remaining characters.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Levan;63869 said:
It's like I'm seeing a brand new character with Excella; she wasn't that comedic as her story counterpart. D:

She had her "comedic" moments in RE5's story mode. I think it'll be fun to play as her, she definitely brings something new to the table and in the words of Sheva, "she's tough..."

Spike991;63889 said:
I liked Excella in the game, but her role was basically just to get killed off.

Ehh not quite, she definitely helps put Wesker's plans into action with her family's business and money, along with Irving.

Though I definitely think that being able to play as her (and possibly Irving) that fans will be able to appreciate her character more.

Spike991;63899 said:

So far the 8 new characters are:

1. Chris (Exoskeleton)
2. Chris (Warrior)
3. Sheva (Folklore)
4. Sheva (Office)
5. Josh
6. Excella
7. UNKNOWN
8. UNKNOWN

There is a great possibility that both Barry and Rebecca will be the final two playable characters. So far ALL of the other figures that you earn in RE5 are FROM THE GAME from both story mode and mercenaries mode. I really think they are our final two characters. It's possible that CAPCOM doesn't want to tell us EVERYTHING that has been added in the Gold Edition just yet, so they are simply using Barry and Rebecca's figures as hints.

EDIT:
bruno;63910 said:
Rebecca and Barry are throphies, which lead people to think they'de be 2 of the characters, but they'd have to be the Lost in Nightmares characters.

Why? There are still 2 character openings left and we already have Jill from Lost in the Nightmare as a playable character in the first edition of RE5.

I suppose if it were anyone other than Barry and Rebecca then it will probably be Chris (old BSAA- even though it looks like his STARS outfit) and Irving.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Thanks, I am glad that I finally know what we have, but when I see that it is just a couple of new outfits for Chris & Sheva mostly, that makes me not so pleased with knowing...:(

@Star_738, Excella's role was very small, she was hardly seen, and while she was helping with the plan, it seems like she was only there so we can kill off some of the baddies before the end.

I think it is fair to say that in the trailers it seemed like there would be alot more about this whole Wesker & Excella relationship, but it turns out there is only that one scene in which Excella shows her feeling for him, and I can't help but wonder if there was supposed to be more...

In any case, she is introduced via Wesker and killed off, she can't really do more unless she is brough back in a prequel or a flashback, otherwise she will have her 15 minutes in Mercs...but as to whether she as a character was very significant, I think not.:)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Spike991;63913 said:
@Star_738, Excella's role was very small, she was hardly seen, and while she was helping with the plan, it seems like she was only there so we can kill off some of the baddies before the end.

I think it is fair to say that in the trailers it seemed like there would be alot more about this whole Wesker & Excella relationship, but it turns out there is only that one scene in which Excella shows her feeling for him, and I can't help but wonder if there was supposed to be more...

In any case, she is introduced via Wesker and killed off, she can't really do more unless she is brough back in a prequel or a flashback, otherwise she will have her 15 minutes in Mercs...but as to whether she as a character was very significant, I think not.:)

Well sure we don't see her much in the game, but her character does play a big part "behind the scenes".
That, to me, makes her character important.

Top Bottom