• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) jill

Ghostleader

i personally like the way she dressed in this (tube top and mini skirt) better than the STARS outfit just cuz its hot. also i hate that beret. i havent played this 1, or any other old oens so ima try that. are they better then 5?

Jill

well there nice classic's and well to me im not sure i cant tell if there better then 5 and yeah Jill is hot in re3 LoL

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Hahaha Jill looks jokes in RE3

set2ic8.png

But yeah you can get Jills RE3 outfit in the gamecube version I personaly like her stars outfit It makes her look badass those shoulder pads just make it look so cool.

REmake20Jill20Costume1.jpg

Plus I liek this one as well, Jill was so cool in that game but she had it esy compared to chris....

400px-RE1_starshandgun2.jpg

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Jill comes right after Wesker in my list of favorite Resident Evil characters! ;)

She has great looks. :lol:

I personally think she was good in "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" too, but was definitely hotter in the games. ;)

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

Jill is just epic, strange to think that there are some people that actually dislike her....they must not like intelligent and sex appeal rolled into one ^^

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
To be honest, I've never really liked Jill although I'm not quite sure why. I don't dislike her or anything, but she's never been one of my favourite characters.

residentevil#1

la femme fatale;37323 said:
to be honest, i've never really liked jill although i'm not quite sure why. I don't dislike her or anything, but she's never been one of my favourite characters.

wat!! How can u not like jill! Well u should go 2 another topic since u don't like her! Well who do u like then ha?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
residentevil#1;37399 said:
wat!! How can u not like jill! Well u should go 2 another topic since u don't like her! Well who do u like then ha?
Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the sign that said 'Jill Worshippers Only'.

She likes Leon I think. Tehehehehe.
You, my friend, are now among my favourite of the new members! That's an excellent guess, lol. :lol:

As I said before, it's not that I don't like her persay, I just don't have much of an opinion. I've always found her very, um... dull I guess. Her personality just isn't strong enough to stand out in the series, at least to me. But hey, my faourites are Leon, Carlos, and the Ashford twins, so you can feel free to pick on me for that..

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

O_O but but....Carlos has a fake accent!!

As the old saying goes, each to there own, for instance I'm not overly keen on Modern Leon as I really dont like how hes just jumped to badass Vet from bumbling rookie in the course of 1 game, I was not a big fan of Ada's stereotypical "lara-alike" potrayal in RE4 either.

The main part of Jill I've always liked is her consistency (despite having had 3 different VA's and becoming blonde) her personality has not suddenly changed into something other than what she has always been.

I can see how consistency is boring to some, as people do like change but in retrospect, does a persons personality just suddenly change overnight?

nope it doesnt, so why should it happen to characters? :p

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
You're absolutely right darlin', change does not occur overnight.

With that said, however; I'd hardly consider the six-year lapse between RE 2 and RE 4 to have occured 'overnight'. In this case, it is important to preach context. Leon was a rookie cop who went through hell and back in RE 2 which took place in 1998. In the next six or seven years, he trained in the Secret Service. Personally, I wouldn't expect him to be the same naive, rookie officer in RE 4. He's been hardened as an individual- not only through his training but from his experience in Raccoon City, and I believe it's an entirely valid development in his character. Extreme circumstances change people, I don't care who you are. Couple that with six-years, and there's no reason he should be the same individual we saw in RE 2.

Jill's personality consistancy- while obviously admirable to some, I don't particularly buy it, and that's probably why I've never taken to her as a character. She has probably been through alot worse than Leon, but there's not much development in her character on account of that. I don't find there is a whole lot of change between her character from the original and from RE 5, and I question the plausability of that.

So, in conclusion, whilst change certainly does not occur overnight, the producers of RE have certainly thrown a handful at all of the characters, and extreme circumstances in itself is enough to 'change' anyone. Yes, I understand that everyone handles things differently, but it's the characters who stay the exact same throughout the whole series that worry me, not the ones who change.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Jon;37480 said:
Can't tell anything with the RE level of voice acting :p

before i read down and saw your post i was going to put basically the same thing,
i think we could tell so much more from the characters, well 1-3 based, but if they had good voice acting, it is really bad, even in REmake..
"jill, thats blood.....................................(long pause).................(awkard silence).............................do you think its chris's"

i know that not the exact line, but i can't remember so it was a guess :p

Top Bottom