• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Jill Vs. Ada

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
^^ She could. But odds are it would be a Jill-win.

It would be a somewhat even match, and if anyone of them got PMS that one would bite off the other's head. :p

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Do they ever appear in the same game? If so, that would be where the fight takes place. RE5 Jill would not be doing the fight. (Assuming Ada is not in RE5.)

Sondre_norge

Maybe we get Ada in the Resident evil DLC /gold edition/ Alternativ edition, as a merc player. Then you could do a Jill vs Ada if im right. Dont have any consoles, only pc.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Does anyone seem to recall that Jill's performance in RE5 was due to the red mind control device? It was administering P-30 -a superhuman performance enhancer! So... to be more specific, Jill didn't have it the whole time in RE5 and she won't have it in the future so the "Jill post-RE5 owns" argument is invalid. Just being a nerd... wtf? 0.o

That, taken into account... I have no idea! That would be an epic match. I'm leaning toward Ada, though. I think it would depend heavily on what equipment they have... such as Wesker's P-30, but would that do much if Ada's got the grapple gun and a rifle? Is it a large, open area? Jill could own in close quaters, but Ada could own mid-range and/or long range. So... I suppose I'm being overly analytical, but I'm honestly interested.... lol.

SamuraiEdge

DegenerateElite;66194 said:
Does anyone seem to recall that Jill's performance in RE5 was due to the red mind control device? It was administering P-30 -a superhuman performance enhancer! So... to be more specific, Jill didn't have it the whole time in RE5 and she won't have it in the future so the "Jill post-RE5 owns" argument is invalid. Just being a nerd... wtf? 0.o

That, taken into account... I have no idea! That would be an epic match. I'm leaning toward Ada, though. I think it would depend heavily on what equipment they have... such as Wesker's P-30, but would that do much if Ada's got the grapple gun and a rifle? Is it a large, open area? Jill could own in close quaters, but Ada could own mid-range and/or long range. So... I suppose I'm being overly analytical, but I'm honestly interested.... lol.

If we are taking guns into account then wouldnt Jill have a rocket launcher? Jill has been through alot more than Ada. Yeah Ada was in Re2 and 4 but Jill was in 1,3,Uc,5. She survived the Spencer Estate, Nemesis and was one of the last people to escape Racoon City, Took down Umbrella with Chris and survived falling out a window and being tortured and tormenated for over a year by Wesker who injected her with any virus he had. Ada was a background spy in Re2 and 4. :rolleyes: Ada is simply a side character she was never the star of a game, so if Capcom put these two ladies into a fight I can tell you for a fact that Jill would be the last woman standing.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
You're also forgetting Ada was in UC.
Wesker didn't use Jill as a test subject because she had the T-Virus immunity. Take into consideration, also, that Jill recieved help every time and couldn't have completed any of her missions without it. Without Carlos, SHE WOULD HAVE DIED. Check please. All any of this proves is that Jill is crazy lucky.
As far as star power, that's simply bias. Think objectively. Rebecca was a main character; she ain't beatin' Ada. I don't care what she has. Rocket launchers aren't instant win, either. From the way you described the two and with your attitude it's pretty easy to figure you think Ada is just small-time character not worth much recognition (at least in comparison to Jill) but tell me... with the exception of the one time in RE4 where Saddler's, ahem... uh... spearlike thing got her from behind (dirty...) when did Ada ever need help completing a mission? -And don't say Leon because he failed and thought Ada died.
Jill's only been in one more game and consistantly had help in each. Ada has periods of time where she teams up, but she generally works alone and with more overwhelming odds.
Look at this objectively before criticising me and, then, we'll talk.

SamuraiEdge

DegenerateElite;66328 said:
You're also forgetting Ada was in UC.
Wesker didn't use Jill as a test subject because she had the T-Virus immunity. Take into consideration, also, that Jill recieved help every time and couldn't have completed any of her missions without it. Without Carlos, SHE WOULD HAVE DIED. Check please. All any of this proves is that Jill is crazy lucky.
As far as star power, that's simply bias. Think objectively. Rebecca was a main character; she ain't beatin' Ada. I don't care what she has. Rocket launchers aren't instant win, either. From the way you described the two and with your attitude it's pretty easy to figure you think Ada is just small-time character not worth much recognition (at least in comparison to Jill) but tell me... with the exception of the one time in RE4 where Saddler's, ahem... uh... spearlike thing got her from behind (dirty...) when did Ada ever need help completing a mission? -And don't say Leon because he failed and thought Ada died.
Jill's only been in one more game and consistantly had help in each. Ada has periods of time where she teams up, but she generally works alone and with more overwhelming odds.
Look at this objectively before criticising me and, then, we'll talk.

When I said Jill was in Uc I meant the mission where she and Chris storm into the Umbrella main base and bring it down. Taking out Talos a ton of zombies and other creatures. Wesker did inject Jill with several viruses it say's in the Jill Valentine file on Res5. Look it up.

Crazy lucky doesnt help you escape from a city infested with zombies and B.O.W.S. I'd call it skill. She may have been lucky that Carlos was able to get her the virus but he wouldn't have been alive had it not been for Jill. He would have never left the city. So I'd say that he was simply returning the favour.

I dont quite understand what you mean by rocket launcher isnt a instant win, if you are suggesting that Ada could take a rocket to the face then you are quite simply crazy. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but Ada IS a small time character. She hasnt featured in any of the movies, She was barley in the books, She has never headlined her own game.

She was caught twice in Re4, She was out witted by Anette Birkin (A scientist lol) You wanna talk about Carlos saving Jill then what about Leon saving Ada when he dove in the way and took the bullet for her. For a spy she did a crap job, Everyone seems to know when Ada is about, You wanna talk a good spy then let's talk Hunk, No1 even knew he was there.

Jill may constantly have help but that's only because she works in a team, She has saved Carlos, Barry, Chris, Richard, Sheva, Practically the world because if it wasnt for Jill calling Chris in Re5 to tell him about Wesker's weakness than Chris and Sheva would have been killed and Wesker would have released Uroboros worldwide. So I'd say Jill has saved more people, than she has had people save her.

Jill also has a much larger fanbase and Capcom seem to love her character, Trust me if these two ever fought do you honestly think they would kill Jill off for the sake of a background character? Who we will probably never see again anyway. It's like Chris Vs Billy, Wesker Vs Barry, Leon Vs Carlos, There is noway in hell the smaller character would ever win.

Jill only 'consistantly has help' because she is part of a team if she worked alone then she would have no1 to save her so they wouldnt do that. Do you think if there was no carlos in Nemesis she would still need saving?? No! They only did it so you can play as Carlos and they make his being there worthwhile.

Was that objectivley enough? I'm not criticising you man, This is a discussion forum, thats all we are doing. If anyone has an attitude it's you.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
When I said Jill was in Uc I meant the mission where she and Chris storm into the Umbrella main base and bring it down. Taking out Talos a ton of zombies and other creatures. Wesker did inject Jill with several viruses it say's in the Jill Valentine file on Res5. Look it up.

It says Wesker's curiousty was peaked and luck was on Jill's side. Wesker was going to experiemnt on her for revenge, he didn't. He used her blood to make Uroboros. This is irrelevant anyway. She was a catalyst, that's all. All this proves is that she lucked out.

Crazy lucky doesnt help you escape from a city infested with zombies and B.O.W.S. I'd call it skill. She may have been lucky that Carlos was able to get her the virus but he wouldn't have been alive had it not been for Jill. He would have never left the city. So I'd say that he was simply returning the favour.

Perhaps so. I never said Jill didn't have skill. To be honest, as I mentioned, in close quarters, Jill'd probably own Ada. Jill's better at straight up confrontations. That aside, however, meeting Carlos was luck. Jill could've just as easily gotten infected without him and had noone there. What's that? Capcom knowing they've got a starlet, wanted some drama, and couldn't kill her off. Hence, Carlos saved her. Now that I think about it... bad example on my part.... -_-

I dont quite understand what you mean by rocket launcher isnt a instant win, if you are suggesting that Ada could take a rocket to the face then you are quite simply crazy. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but Ada IS a small time character. She hasnt featured in any of the movies, She was barley in the books, She has never headlined her own game.

Don't be asinine. How many times have you avoided rockets in RE4 and RE5. Even Versus when actual people are shooting at you? Of course no one would survive dead on, but you gotta load it, you gotta aim, then you gotta fire, and missles don't travel at the speed of sound. If there's a chance you'll escape impact of an explosion Rebecca could dodge it. (Not hatin' on Rebecca, I like her too, but she's less combat-oriented than the others.) Again, depending on the environment, which I also mentioned, cover and toptography would play a huge role in the rocket launcher's effectiveness. The best example I can think off is the end of chapter 4 in Seperate Ways. Two or three missle engines and two or three gun turrets. The topography was key to making the scenerio work. Even without it, in open space, loading a handgun and shooting Jill at point blank would be faster than Jill loading the rocket and firing at Ada. (Assuming you want to keep things that simple. That's what you're indirectly describing.)

She was caught twice in Re4, She was out witted by Anette Birkin (A scientist lol) You wanna talk about Carlos saving Jill then what about Leon saving Ada when he dove in the way and took the bullet for her. For a spy she did a crap job, Everyone seems to know when Ada is about, You wanna talk a good spy then let's talk Hunk, No1 even knew he was there.

Twice? Once. She even owned saddler before he even made comeback in the first place. That've gotten Jill, even. Maybe not Chris or Leon, but they always have that crazy supercop sixth sense. And we're talking about her fighting capability not her crap (yes I admit) job as a spy. (Despite not being secretive, though, she always gets the job done.) Leon took a bullet? Huh... my bad, I'll have to go back and check that. That doesn't put Jill on higher pedestal, though.

Jill may constantly have help but that's only because she works in a team, She has saved Carlos, Barry, Chris, Richard, Sheva, Practically the world because if it wasnt for Jill calling Chris in Re5 to tell him about Wesker's weakness than Chris and Sheva would have been killed and Wesker would have released Uroboros worldwide. So I'd say Jill has saved more people, than she has had people save her.

True enough. Same argument as Ada doing a great job always completing her missions. I could say Ada has done great feats of her own, dandy, but that's her job. Wait 'till Desperate Escape comes out and we'll see what Jill had to fight to get there. Then, we'll bring up this issue. That's like me saying "Ada got the G-Virus and Plagas sample; she owns all" no... no, no, no, no.... This opens up another point though. Wait 'till Desperate escape comes out and we'll see if there's anything we can use for Jill's case.

Jill also has a much larger fanbase and Capcom seem to love her character, Trust me if these two ever fought do you honestly think they would kill Jill off for the sake of a background character? Who we will probably never see again anyway. It's like Chris Vs Billy, Wesker Vs Barry, Leon Vs Carlos, There is noway in hell the smaller character would ever win.

Insigificant. I said if you're using star power Jill owns pretty much everyone. She can't die. The fanbase is too big. There wouldn't be a thread about this issue if this was a factor.

Jill only 'consistantly has help' because she is part of a team if she worked alone then she would have no1 to save her so they wouldnt do that. Do you think if there was no carlos in Nemesis she would still need saving?? No! They only did it so you can play as Carlos and they make his being there worthwhile.

Same deal as above.

Was that objectivley enough? I'm not criticising you man, This is a discussion forum, thats all we are doing. If anyone has an attitude it's you.

Attitude? Me? You tear me apart and you say I have an attitude? You got a funny way of being objective, pal. I'm not tryin' to start ****. I suppose this is a misunderstanding, then? They happen; my apologies.

Final conclusion thus far...? -Inconclusive.... -_- Maybe we should set up some circumstances and a few hypothetical matches? Whoever seems like they'd win the most matches wins.

SamuraiEdge

Actually ada does get caught twice in Re4, She gets shot in the neck with a tranq dart. She then wakes up in a cave and you dodge a guy swinging an axe...Ring any bells? Also yeah Leon took a bullet for Ada, he dives in the way as Annette shoots at Ada. Its in Re2 and Darkside Chronicles. Sorry but who said that Star Power didnt count? I must have missed the rules section. If Star Power doesnt count isnt this kind of pointless? Just because Jill owns Ada at this you cant say it doesnt count. That would be like me saying that something Ada is better at than Jill doesnt count. I think everything should be taken into consideration. Also you swear Jill has the luck of the Irish, How about the fact that Ada fell down a bottomless shaft and survived, I'd say thats pretty lucky.

Back to the rocket launcher, You must remember that the rocket launchers are abit false in Re games. I mean they fire rockets in narrow corridors and there is no damage what so ever to the enviorment. If Jill did miss with a rocket I guarntee you anything within 15-20 meters of the blast would be thrown flying. I highly doubt Ada would be able to fire a shot at Jill when she is being thrown head over tit in the air. Come on if you were forced into a deathmatch with someone and you could have a rocket launcher or a grapplegun I know which line I'm gonna be in. Like you said if its a point blank I highly doubt anyone would miss someone with a rocket launcher close up never mind a trained profesional as in Jill.

Also Ada didnt get the Plagas sample, Leon got it and she stole it from him in the last second. She may have assisted him but lets be honest he did most the work. Now that I think of it, I dont believe Ada has ever killed a major B.O.W. Jill has taken down the Premature Tyrant, Nemesis, Talos...well I think thats enough.

Like I said man dont take it personal, I'm not, we are just debating.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
SamuraiEdge;66416 said:
Actually ada does get caught twice in Re4, She gets shot in the neck with a tranq dart. She then wakes up in a cave and you dodge a guy swinging an axe...Ring any bells? Also yeah Leon took a bullet for Ada, he dives in the way as Annette shoots at Ada. Its in Re2 and Darkside Chronicles. Sorry but who said that Star Power didnt count? I must have missed the rules section. If Star Power doesnt count isnt this kind of pointless? Just because Jill owns Ada at this you cant say it doesnt count. That would be like me saying that something Ada is better at than Jill doesnt count. I think everything should be taken into consideration. Also you swear Jill has the luck of the Irish, How about the fact that Ada fell down a bottomless shaft and survived, I'd say thats pretty lucky.

Back to the rocket launcher, You must remember that the rocket launchers are abit false in Re games. I mean they fire rockets in narrow corridors and there is no damage what so ever to the enviorment. If Jill did miss with a rocket I guarntee you anything within 15-20 meters of the blast would be thrown flying. I highly doubt Ada would be able to fire a shot at Jill when she is being thrown head over tit in the air. Come on if you were forced into a deathmatch with someone and you could have a rocket launcher or a grapplegun I know which line I'm gonna be in. Like you said if its a point blank I highly doubt anyone would miss someone with a rocket launcher close up never mind a trained profesional as in Jill.

Also Ada didnt get the Plagas sample, Leon got it and she stole it from him in the last second. She may have assisted him but lets be honest he did most the work. Now that I think of it, I dont believe Ada has ever killed a major B.O.W. Jill has taken down the Premature Tyrant, Nemesis, Talos...well I think thats enough.

Like I said man dont take it personal, I'm not, we are just debating.

Don't make it personal...? I'm not. I've been very objective. I haven't even officially taken a side. And no, If you told Ada and Jill to standoff (if you really wanna go there) Ada's gonna load her handgun and shoot Jill before she fires the rocket! She'd get Chris with that crap! (To be honest... Chris would probably say "**** this," load his handgun and bust a cap before Ada knew what hit her.) Guns are faster than rockets in ALL aspects.
Now let's look at this realistically and consider that the fight won't be head on. They fight differently. Jill is in your face and very direct unless the situation dictates otherwise. Ada is extremely indirect. Ada's methods would put Jill at a disadvantage unless the toptgraphy could perhaps allow Jill to compensate. On the flipside, if it's pure open area, then, Jill would likely win in close quarters. If it's midrange... anyone's game. Whoever gets the first shot off. The match is highly situational. Simply saying "Jill owns Ada" or "Ada owns Jill" is ignorant because the circumstance could throw the match in either's favor. Most scenerios... rocket launcher loses. So equipment is huge. Put that in conjunction with surroundings and cover would turn luck and quick draws into long drawn out fire fights that'd take thought. You could be sure Jill would find a way to get close, you could be sure Ada would've set some traps, you can be sure, Jill would outsmart them you could be sure Ada would get away, and the firefight would ensue. That's a match of skill. That's the kind of match that shows the best of each character in their resourcefulness, skill, etc.
Also... if star power is a factor and you want to be unrealistic: Jill owns every woman in the series by default. There's no point, nor is there logic to it. I'm looking at this as though it were a real fight, fanbases be damned. If you insist star power is a factor, I'm done.
Now you mind stopping with the shots at me at stay on topic? I've already admitted where I was wrong, and I do recall the issues you brought up in your last post. I honestly forgot about the sleeper dart. (I usually skip to the scene where she's in the cave. I love the look on the ganados faces when she whips off the table. lol)

Let's take some votes on this situation, then.

Location: The huge-ass excavation area where Leon fought Krauser. I'm encompassing the entire area. -Minus the robots.

Jill:
P4 (30)
MP-5 (200)
Flash Grenade (3)
Knife

Ada:
Blacktail (30)
TMP (200)
Proximity Mines (3)
Grapple Gun

It'd make more sense if people add why they think whoever would win this round. It's only round one. So please, try not to play favorites. It's only one round.

tequila

Bottle Lover
I would have give it hands down to Jill.

However, Ada is very agile and nimble. If anyone played Assignment Ada (RE 4), she has some swift combat moves.

So it would be strenght & skill v.s agility & skill

Both of them could have the same (give or take) amount of experience, being put in the situation of killing zombies, mutants, and surviving the horror.

Jill is strong woman tho. I give her props for tackling Wesker through a glass window that's 30 stories high, and YET survivied. Also, fighting him as well. Ada could be easily tossed around like a rag doll, but Jill resisted and kept on going.

So in conclusion, my vote goes for Jill. :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
wow I'm seeing some massive posts about Jill and Ada fighting haha, Ages ago I voted and said that Jill would win lol was this thread originaly a Poll?

anyway good posts people but seriously haha thats alot to talk about.

SamuraiEdge

echoey;67657 said:
wow I'm seeing some massive posts about Jill and Ada fighting haha, Ages ago I voted and said that Jill would win lol was this thread originaly a Poll?

anyway good posts people but seriously haha thats alot to talk about.

Yeah it was a pretty big debate I had, I got sick of it in the end lol.

Top Bottom